It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 565
<< 562  563  564    566  567  568 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Pretty damn weak day IMO based on technicals.

Showing again we now cant close above the 50 EMA while our candles "tail" couldnt push the 20 EMA.

As of now I have shown the most likely path if this technical play keeps unfolding.

www.sierrachart.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Yeah. I'll totally go along with the technical story this time. The charts and indicators look like total doom.

Dow Jones close Monday at 9,789.44.

Dow Jones futures 100 points lower Tuesday morning at 4:30AM eastern, down 45 at 9,690.00.

The news items that mislead people are really interesting. They are blatantly massaging numbers to make it look better. I think the news reporters are wanting the public to call bull on it all. If the public can be convinced that they are clever enough to sell out now then this market can really get moving to the down side. Thank the lords of doom!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
RBS, Lloyds Get $51 Billion in Second Bank Bailout Nov. 3, Bloomberg.

Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc and Lloyds Banking Group Plc will receive 31.3 billion pounds ($51 billion) in a second bailout from the U.K. taxpayer as the two banks agreed to cap bonuses.

The Treasury will inject 25.5 billion pounds of capital into RBS, for a total of 45.5 billion pounds, making it the costliest bailout of any bank worldwide.

“There is now a very fine line between RBS being nationalized,” said Danny Gabay, director of Fathom Consulting in London and a former Bank of England economist. “This contrasts with Lloyds willing to fight harder for its independence.”

Today’s bailout for RBS and Lloyds follows the 37 billion pounds the two lenders received last year and will bring the government’s stake in RBS to more than 84 percent from 70 percent today.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
So is true, the global economy without on going bailouts will not be able to survive.

I wonder how long the bailouts will be leached from tax payer in the countries still affected by the recession.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
So is true, the global economy without on going bailouts will not be able to survive.

I wonder how long the bailouts will be leached from tax payer in the countries still affected by the recession.

Everytime I read something like this I'm reminded of a 30 sound bite from CNN the guy said, "What you see now, the way things are, is the new normal"!

Does that answer your question?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

So that means keep increasing national debts to keep the markets working?, that means tax payer money and borrowing with not restrictions, I forgot that is a norm.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Just to keep everyone up to the minute.... the general trend today is down

DJI
VALUE 9,747.72
CHANGE -41.72
% CHANGE -0.43
TIME 10:42
TOTAL MEMBERS 30
UP 5
DOWN 25
UNCHANGED 0

S&P 500
VALUE 1,037.90
CHANGE -4.98
% CHANGE -0.48
TIME 10:41
TOTAL MEMBERS 500
UP 132
DOWN 364
UNCHANGED 4

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
They know what they're doing...

www.prweb.com...

Best-selling author Daniel Estulin states that the key issue to be discussed this week at the G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting, being held in St. Andrews, Scotland, is how to bring down the present world financial system through dumping the US dollar.

As discussed during the Bilderberg Group’s super-secret conclave back in May, this breakdown would then be used as an excuse to launch a new world monetary system. G20 leaders are aware that those who run the monetary markets, the monetary system, control the world. That is why today, the world is run through a dominant one-currency monetary system and not by national credit systems.

A severe breakdown crisis would affect every corner of the world and be a prelude to instability, wars and general hostility along financial, geographical and geopolitical lines, affecting not only particular countries but also societies, cultures and whole continents. Such a breakdown could result in a consolidation of the world’s monetary system.

But, it's for the best of us all...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by DaddyBare

So that means keep increasing national debts to keep the markets working?, that means tax payer money and borrowing with not restrictions, I forgot that is a norm.

Marg more people are looking at the possibility that the events of the last 6 months are a Massive Central bank Co-ordinated REFLATION attempt that has ^Ponzi like^ under pinnings.....there has been no Correction anywhere close to 10% despite the Large SIZE of the rebound (perhaps a large collection would cause the ponzi to collapse)...Nuriel Roubini had an article touching on this just the other day.

Would it really surprise people that the asset markets are being propped up in ponzi like fashion....for national security reasons....if so try to keep them propped thru 4'th Q earnings season......the only way firms come close to matching 4'th Q forecasts is if they fire half the staff to cut costs...me thinks this "rally" will be over either before or when these earnings become clear.....then blamed on swine flu or something......anything....other than the politicians and there masters on wall street......and it's too bad i was getting used to having more job security ...but this rally is built on Hope....Spin...and Investment bank trading desks IMO.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

I know, my friend, we all seen the agenda, it makes me so mad the littler games that this people in power play on the population.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Just something to keep in mind.....
If the market closes below 9,722 today that would wipe out three months of gains .... right now its at 9,716... to early to call. it's a roller-coaster today

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
FYI: Gold a new high...$1086.15...

Why prey tell is Gold, Oil & the USD all rising at the same time...

The GBP looks like The Magnum XL-2000 running full steam at Cedar Point in July...

Edit: 6th Edit now?

[edit on 11/3/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Well it seems that India has been buying gold today like crazy boosting the prices.

I guess something most be cooking with India here.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Just something to keep in mind.....
If the market closes below 9,722 today that would wipe out three months of gains .... right now its at 9,716... to early to call. it's a roller-coaster today

3 months of gains wiped SIR!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
FYI: Gold a new high...$1086.15...

Why prey tell is Gold, Oil & the USD all rising at the same time...

The GBP looks like The Magnum XL-2000 running full steam at Cedar Point in July...

Edit: 6th Edit now?

[edit on 11/3/2009 by Hx3_1963]

Gold is surging because I just sold some over the weekend. Seriously, my damn rotten luck.

Had to sell out of necessity. Hopefully there will be a nice drop soon (I expected in the $900s by end of Nov) but now I am not so sure.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Interesting... Buffet buys BNSF for $26 billion.

Reinhardt starting posting train pictures on Oct 5th and kept telling people to 'know your railroads'.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Another bank bailout in the UK! YAY!

Is it me or the next ten days are gonna by UBER SUPER IMPORTANT?

November 4th is the FOMC meeting most likely to contain discussions of timing for the exit from economic stimulation.

November 7th is the G20 meeting at which BRIC nations will anticipate a cessation of QE and a commitment to establish a currency alternative to the US dollar.

Dollar dump this weekend?
thecomingdepression.blogspot.com...

And Daniel Estulin, a very reliable source, is saying this too...and that it will be the start of the big fall of it all. I respect him a lot, I met him in 06 and the information I had from him proved very accurate...2 years in advance...
www.prweb.com...

Right on cue for the world government Copenhagen meeting a few weeks later... Coincidence... I don't believe in coincidences, especially in politics.

EDIT: Removed Hawaii forced vaccinations...because it's not.. I fail.

And something really interesting happened with India, the IMF and gold...

The confirmation for SDR as a world currency...
www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

THE International Monetary Fund has sold 200 tonnes of gold to the Reserve Bank of India, nearly half the total approved by the IMF executive board in September. Proceeds from the off-market sale amounted to .7 billion ($7.4bn), or 4.2 billion of special drawing rights, or SDR, a combination of currencies, the IMF said. Payment is expected to be in major currencies that make up the SDR. IMF managing director Dominique Strauss-Kahn welcomed the transaction as an important step toward achieving the objectives of the gold sales program, namely “to help put the fund’s finances on a sound long-term footing and enable us to step up much-needed concessional lending to the poorest countries”.

SDR are here, which means a world currency is here, which means the stage is set for the US dollar to fall as the world reserve currency.

EDIT 2: An article from bloomberg with Obama saying he wants to reduce debt and help employment... HAHAHAHHAHA.. a few ``funny`` quotes..
Obama Says U.S. Must Reduce Debt, Spur Job Growth¸

“The government is going to have to get serious about reducing our debt levels.”

HA. Because before you thought it was a joke?
And passing 800 billions military budgets and a few trillion health care bill sure will help that right?

Obama said if “entrepreneurship” and “dynamism” are encouraged by the government “there’s no reason why we’re not going to be able to not only create jobs, but the kind of sustainable economic growth that everybody is looking for.”

ENTREPRENEURSHIP being encouraged by the government? IS THIS A JOKE? I'm sure the bailouts were for encouraging entrepreneurship... by helping the corporations running the government and let the others die, I'm sure that helps entrepreneurship and real competition that promotes entrepreneurship....

Still, he said, government spending can’t replace business investment and the recovery from the worst recession since the 1930s “has to be led by the private sector.”

Is this a joke? Government spending CAN'T REPLACE BUSINESS INVESTMENT, but let's pass BIG GOVERNMENT STIMULUS PACKAGES AND BAILOUTS.

I can't continue, there's too much lies and hypocrisy in this whole article... I feel sick.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Treasury expects debt limit will be hit in Dec. AP

Fortunately they have a cunning plan: "they're working closely with Congress to pass the legislation needed to boost the debt ceiling, currently at $12.1 trillion, and avoid an unprecedented default on the nation's debt obligations."

For the budget year that ended on Sept. 30, the federal deficit hit an all-time high in dollar terms of $1.42 trillion. As a percent of the total economy, it stood at its highest level since the end of World War II.

Treasury to auction record $81 billion at refunding MarketWatch

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The market is floating up quickly and getting hammered down over and over again.

Samhain is this weekend, November 7 at 6:42 GMT. It marks the end of harvest and the beginning of the dark cold winter.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
got to love this..
U.S. stocks erased most of a 156- point rally in the Dow Jones Industrial Average after a House bill to curb credit-card rates spurred concern about bank earnings, outweighing the Federal Reserve’s plan to keep interest rates at a record low. DOW closed at 9,802.14 +30.23 +0.31%

Looks like investors don't like the sounds of Reasonable limits placed on them...

top topics

<< 562  563  564    566  567  568 >>

join