It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 564
<< 561  562  563    565  566  567 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
First, the Media has been talking like everything will be alright. That is a trick. That is what the Media does. They fool the fools. Even the Media's boy Obama said GM would be alright. Then GM burned employees and shareholders. But... but but but.... but Obama said.... Forget what Obama said. Yes, They Can!! Hope. Dope. Rope. Cope. America is being rodeo'd. In time America will have to fight back or fade out. We are living in amazing times. We are witnessing the coldest of cold wars. I believe something will have to heat things up in order to win back America from the liberal leftist global communists. The power of the Media is too stong today. The people have never been able to choose wisely for themselves, they do as they are told, and the Media is directing them in the wrong direction. Another force will have to bring us back closer to balance. Maybe a little tipping in the other direction even. It is always something so amazing that the Media is forced to cover it or risk being accused of manipulation and bias.

Second, remember Jim Cramer's words from October 2008? October 6, 2008 Cramer said "whatever money you may need for the next 5 years, take it out of the stock market right now, this week." FIVE YEARS was Jim's expectation. Now a year later, the DJIA is right back up there where Jim told everybody to run away.

The people can't be allowed to believe in the Obama administration. The people must be taught a lesson about work and reward. If you let a country turn into a bunch of pets being fed, tricked, and told when to go outside and pee then you have a total disaster on your hands. It used to be that a powerful force could totally destroy a locale and move on to the next place for a new start, but folks, this here is the next place. It is the last next place. America is it.

Follow the money.

CNBC will show it to you.

If it is important, CNBC will show it to you.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Cabaret Voltaire]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

In June 2009, our own government will stop publishing a key report tracking foreign direct investments (FDI) into the U.S., essentially burying the problematic fact that America is for sale. Through the discontinuation of the Bureau of Economic Analysis’ (BEA) “New Investment Series,” the U.S. government and the American public will no longer be able to distinguish between FDI used to acquire existing U.S. assets from FDI used to establish new U.S. businesses. With the U.S. hiding the foreign money trail, the American public will no longer have the ability to track the rapid sell-off of the America’s best companies to foreign interests.

I just found this in my favorite information site, incredible, America is much in a hole that now the government is going to hide the fact that very soon the only thing that is America in the nation will be the name itself.

This just amazing, I knew our economy is in the crap but for the government to hide the facts for now on is just unbelievable.

Our nation can not even produce enough to support our spending and the government obviously wants to keep the people in oblivion, still believing that we are a superpower and the best nation in the world.

What we need is a darn civil unrest to take our nation back.

www.economyincrisis.org...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
good find marg......

i have been enjoying this semblance of a recovery......this willful hope that most people have that things maybe okay........and they at least seem to be for now........

i think it will be a long winter

there was no buying in the last 10 minutes on friday.....and japan's stock market's are down over 2% in the first hour....could be another leg down monday......CRASH potential is actually back IMO....

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Friday Dow close 9712

Dow futures right now 9716 (1AM eastern)

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Working is more and more a question of life or death (FR)

People are killing themselves, but it's surprising that there's not more attacks on their bosses. Even in a little business, one guy went postal on his boss...

No you think? At least in France they are talking about all those suicides...or people getting desperate and killing their own boss...

Mainstream japanese electronic in the red

Sony, Fujifilm, NEC, Sanyo, Sharp ou Pioneer are all in the red for their first semester.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
What's going to happen when the Plunge Protection Team owns EVERY stock on the market?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Things must really be very bad for the ATS overlords to delete the Ron Paul thread about how bad things really are. Any one know why they pulled it?

Anyway, anyone else think we are due for some major tankage on tomorrows stock markets? Could be an early correction before the actual epic fail coming in 2010.

Now the Ron Paul thread is back up. Not sure why, but it was going to a 404 ERROR page not found message.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by skepticantiseptic]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Okay folks here we go again...
Before the opening bell the NYSE is up...Dow Jones industrial average futures rose 48, or 0.5 percent, to 9,712. Standard & Poor's 500 index futures gained 5.30, or 0.5 percent, to 1,038.30, while Nasdaq 100 index futures rose 4.25, or 0.3 percent, to 1,669.75.

This week, everyone will be watching economic reports, including the government's monthly employment report on Friday, this will give is a glimpse at the fourth quarter and be pivotal in determining where the market heads during the final months of the year. The Federal Reserve will also weigh in on the economy after the conclusion of a two-day policy meeting on Wednesday.

Among Monday's economic reports, an index on manufacturing activity from the Institute for Supply Management is expected to read 53 in October, compared with 52.6 in September. A reading above 50 indicates growth. If economists are right, it would be the third straight month of growth after 18 months of contraction.

Also due Monday is the National Association of Realtors' index of pending home resales for September. Analysts are expecting the index to remain unchanged from August, which was the best month for the index since March 2007.

If any of these numbers fall short we could be in for a bad day...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

You know how the government manipulates data for their advantage, do you think that numbers matter anymore for the unemployed in the nation?, it only matters when the government is trying to prove that their wasted and abused stimulus money is working and doing everything the government planned it would do.

But we know better, so do not expect numbers to be anything but better than expected.

The government will never claim defeat.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Are Small Investors Treated Unfairly on Mutual Fund Fees?

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday hears arguments in Jones v. Harris Associates, a case involving decades-old standards on how mutual fund overseers determine fees for shareholders.

Interesting this get to be heard by the supreme court.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
There you have it people, the truth about the global economy and the stimulus pushing.

In order for the global economy to keep working stimulus has to be kept on going.

I think is as artificial as it can be.

So at the end where is the recovery again?

World Risks Depression if Stimulus Is Pulled: Economist

"I think the economy is in a great deal of trouble," Nightingale told "Worldwide Exchange."

"You must draw a line through the data, and the data hasn't looked good," he said.

The amount of money poured into the economy has not yielded the appropriate response, Nightingale said, despite the fact that factory activity in the euro zone expanded for the first time in 17 months in October.

www.cnbc.com...

[edit on 2-11-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
What's going to happen when the Plunge Protection Team owns EVERY stock on the market?

the PPT does not have to own stocks... they are quite capable of moving the stock certificate market with 'Futures',
'naked' shorts/puts/calls

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Oh I know very well how deceptive the numbers are...
Take for instance this headline

September pending home sales rise 6.1 percent

the key word there is "Pending"
The first step in the home buying process is putting down earnest money and signing a buy offer contract. you take that to your bank and arrange for financing... some of these big real estate companies have staff to help you find financing...

that's pending... just cause you signed a buy contract doesn't meant your getting a loan... banks with about 1,100 regional banks about to be taken over by the FDIC that money is tighter than ever!
So out of this Pending surge Guess how many will really end up with the home of their dreams???

Today we get a story like this

The volume of signed contracts to buy previously occupied homes rose for the eighth straight month in September as buyers scrambled to take advantage of a tax credit for first-time owners that expires at the end of this month.

But just last week on Oct 28th we had this not so hyped headline

The Commerce Department said Wednesday that sales fell 3.6 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 402,000 from a downwardly revised 417,000 in August.

Sales in September were off 7.8 percent from a year ago. Despite the surprising decline, the market is up 22 percent from the bottom in January, though down more than 70 percent from the peak in July 2005. Mostly from the short sales of distressed props, but today's "Pending sales jump 6.1 percent" sure makes things sound good don't they

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Sure they do,
I remember back in the 90s my husband and I lost a down payment on a house because after we put a bit on it I had a dream that a man came over the privacy fence of the home and shot my husband by the pool, don't get me wrong the house was beautiful, but the neighborhood was deteriorating on the other side of the main street.

So that put me on such a panic that I told my husband not to get the house.

I can not believe that we lost the money and on top of that we waited almost 6 years later to buy a home while still looking around.

Pending is such a great thing to boost numbers, pending and better than expected.

So, I have not seen the DOW today, how is doing?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

so its
Market Summary
Symbol Last Change
Dow 9,811.36 +98.63 +1.02%
Nasdaq 2,058.27 +13.16 +0.64%
S&P 500 1,045.54 +9.35 +0.90%
10 Yr Bond(%) 3.4160% +0.0240
Oil 77.84 +0.84 +1.09%
Gold 1,061.00 +21.30 +2.05%

but the day is still young lots of time for things to turn around

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The markets are celebrating the Ford posted 1 billion profits but what people doesn't understand is that Ford lost 14.6 billions last year so they are short 13.6 billion to make it back to pre recession status, still they didn't took bailout money (good for them) but they cut jobs, close dealerships around the nation some instances without prior notice to the dealers, here in GA they close one of the biggest dealers in Columbus and the manager suffer a hart attack and was suing the ford company, and the clunkers program seems to had been good to them

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The biggest brace of support is not ford or the housing report, it is the presumption that the market will bounce back from last week's selling, aided by first-of-month inflows and the inclination to buy on dips, which has been a profitable trade since early March. remember buy low sell high...

We don't know how today, or this week, will ultimately unfold. I suspect the willingness to buy the dips will remain in the weeks ahead as the arrival of easy economic and earnings comparisons, and the continued need for many money managers to play catch up into year end, should see the market fall into a liquidity safety net once again.

Separately, this week brings another heavy slate of earnings, an FOMC decision on Wednesday, and a series of influential economic reports, beginning with the ISM Index (consensus 53.0; prior 52.6) today and concluding with the October employment report Friday.

The brief translation is that this week has the potential to be another volatile week of trading. especially when everyone is still looking for that expected 10% to 20% correction

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
the market & economy will continue the same model of the past few months, a general up trend with dips...

because the longer view outlook is for continued unemployment increases:

President Barack Obama said on Monday that the economy had recovered a lot of ground since January but more jobs would be lost before a full recovery is in place.

story from Reuters

~ what this generates is speculation/anticipation that more business will be cutting workers to trim costs, thus raising the corp balance sheet, giving the illusion they are more 'profitable'

then the speculators counter intuit that these are not fundamental changes in the business model ~~~ & the stock prices fall as a result...only to climb back up from a culture of greed

all the while, everyone is caught up in this maelstrom without realizing their situation... the market & economy is swirling down the water funnel to Davy-Jones-Locker

[edit on 2-11-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I knew that would happen...

The DJI was up 100+ at the start, and now it's in the negative.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Now that was an unexpected turn of events...

Go look at a live tracker were going down fast...
Right side of page has tracker
everythings dropping

top topics

<< 561  562  563    565  566  567 >>

join