It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 561
<< 558  559  560    562  563  564 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
perhaps i'm 'slower' than i imagine...

but the price of Gold is closely following the DOW
at around $1,050 for Gold....and around 9,950-1,050 DOW

when the DOW drops 100 points so goes Gold in the same ratio
the next day the DOW gains 199 points & Gold rebounds $15 oz

~just wait when the trillion$ of USDs are released into the buy-sell-credit economy, instead of being hoarded by the banks on orders from the FED.

i'll be satisified with gold at the present price,
as a pricier gold would indicate that the insiders know that the enormous ammount of USD held by the banks are soon going to start flooding the economies of the world. ~ we are all at the very edge of the cliff ~

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The market reacted to a higher than expected GDP... but the same people who put that report together also said the GDP was higher thanks to the now expired New Home buyers and cash for clunkers program... without those two GDP was up. !.9% that's far under the predicted 3.3% any growth is good but this knee jerk reaction will temper once investors have time to digest the real numbers and what they mean

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

but there's a growing support to extend the homebuyers tax credit in congress,

some mumbling for a type of added stimulus...

now if the GDP is 'growing' just why is the unemployment extension still being process through to enactment?
~ not addressed to you 'DaddyBare' , but just a question to the panel of readers here

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

''Infusion'' and ''Novelty''?

Holy Alchemical Dreams, Batman!

In Season 1, Episode 1, millionaire playboy Bruce Wayne stopped the Riddler's balloon before it could release a toxic gas over Gotham Bay.

That is all fine and well in fantasty land, but the Batman's puny Earthly powers have no effect on Balloon Boy and his financial mylar!

Toys in the attic?.....

Upper Room antics?.......

Precognitive semantics?

Only time and shadow can tell........

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

but there's a growing support to extend the home-buyers tax credit in congress,

some mumbling for a type of added stimulus...

now if the GDP is 'growing' just why is the unemployment extension still being process through to enactment?
~ not addressed to you 'DaddyBare' , but just a question to the panel of readers here

The Obama admin is dragging their feet when it comes to extending the home buyers credit... they want to wait until after taxes are filed to see what effect the credit really had.. that would mean a postponing until after April 15th... of course the senate could just ram it down his throat???

Another thing to keep in mind when you read the quarterly reports is just how low the bar has been set... No one is claiming huge profits from sales, but profits thanks to deep cost cutting measures... making any sale no matter how small seem better (And it is) than the previous no sales...
GO back and just scan your eye over the press releases "Better than expected, Not as bad as feared, Profits boosted on cost cutting" none of that sounds like a turn around but it is enough to statistically show a gain in the GDP

the real tell will come after X-mas... if retail sales are less that hopped even more businesses will go belly up, more layoff's taking us well past the dreaded 10% unemployment rate...

One number I would very much like to see but they are very careful to keep that number from us...is the people who signed up for TANF...
Temporary assistance to needy families... What was called Welfare... That number would better reflect what the real unemployment stats are... also why they are so careful to keep that number a state secret...

[edit on 30-10-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The deception of numbers, how outrageous when we have our own government lie to the hard working America on unemployment lines, benefits and those that already has lost everything

White House: 650,00 Jobs in New Stimulus Report

More than 650,000 jobs have been saved or created under President Barack Obama's economic stimulus plan, the White House said Friday, saying it is on track to reach the president's goal of 3.5 million jobs by the end of next year.

I wonder how that type of news will be taken by those that are still without a job in this nation.

I guess our government is betting on the bad schooling in the nation and the failures in math grades when it comes for the people to add one and one together.

Jared Bernstein says officials have been told the figures. When adding in jobs linked to $288 billion in tax cuts, Bernstein says the stimulus plan has created or saved more than 1 million jobs.

There you have it people one million jobs just like the president promises on the stimulus has been "created or saved".

Still the unemployment will reach 10% by government figures but the shadow numbers are a lot higher.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
[edit on 30-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well I guess the markets didn't like the job numbers created and saved by the government today, because they are going down like crazy.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I had a dream:

D e m o r a l i z a t i o n

The winter has not come yet, but we have long jump into the abyss right now.

Will be interesting to watch gray faces, brrrr...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

well... the drop could be the employment #s...
but it could also be that the equity market Price to Earnings PE is way above normal...

normal PE being around 15-18 X earnings
the current PE being somewhere in the range of 30-1 to 58-1
depending on the corporation.
the cutting of staff & personnel reduces the overhead but does little about the demand for the Firms product/service.

To the bean counters & Boards of Trustees, unemployment is just a bothersome aspect, which cannot be swept-unde-the-rug...
What business and industry is interested in is Volume of money...

to explain a little => A 10% unemployment can exist alongside the 'living-the-good-life' crowd of bankers/brokers & the like who will continue to spend on luxury items & upgrade services...
the scavanger capitalists figure that the volume of money spent by 100 poorer folks can be countered by welcoming the new business from well-paid elites,
business is in the process of targeting the more affluent spenders in a less money-velocity market.

Keep in mind the credit markets of the masses heading for more (and severe) contraction,
Business' that can afford to, will revamp their service/product line to serve a smaller poplation of more affluent customers.
that would be 'Adaptation' to a changed economic environment.
(economic Darwinism?)

And this is the Happy Face of the unfolding situation !

[edit on 30-10-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Looks like I'm not the only one who could read the fine print behind the GDP report....
at the time of this posting:

Market Summary
Symbol Last Change
Dow 9,720.97 -241.61 -2.43%
Nasdaq 2,049.30 -48.25 -2.30%
S&P 500 1,037.93 -28.18 -2.64%
10 Yr Bond(%) 3.4110% -0.0900
Oil 78.09 -1.78 -2.23%
Gold 1,036.80 -9.60 -0.92%

All 30 DJI are down
S&P 500 members show 469 down

the good news... gas prices will be going down again

[edit on 30-10-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

You are right, with all the millions that will be going on around the big to fail in Wall street thanks to the generosity of the now unemployed tax payer, well somebody had to come out with a way to make the elite spend their money.

Yes, is even magazines helping out on how to spend your millions.

What a joke and a slap on the face of the unemployed work force in the nation.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I wouldn't be too sure...
Jumbo Loans are are about to surpass sub-prime in most defaults...
Many of those so called millionaires are walking away from their fancy second and vacation properties... I mean who would have thought Ultra luxury time share Villas in Palm Springs Calif... would be put up as a County Tax Auction.... But here it is The Villas of Palm Springs and here's the Auction List

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Don't you worry, remember that is a group in this nation that no amount of loses will wither their wealth.

But funny I was looking at the actually value of the US markets and it tops first as a sole nation but second when it comes to the EU that you know is more than one nation.

But at 14.26 trillion dollars that our markets are worth, but then our debt deficit is 11.4 trillions, doesn't that sound kind of too close to be safe.

At the pace we are going very soon our debt is going to be higher than our total value of the markets.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Remember too a large % of both wealth and debt are held overseas... if anyone were to call in those markers we'd be hard pressed to come up with the cash..

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Exactly!!!!!! my point, we actually don't have the wealth accumulated in the nation to pay the debt in full when it comes to only China and Japan.

Scary, when you think about it, no wonder we keep bending over for our debts holders.

That brings the biggest gift to japan during the summer, the clunkers program, we the tax payer got the bill but Japan got the profits.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Dow 9,732.15 -230.43 (-2.31%)
S&P 500 1,039.04 -27.07 (-2.54%)
Nasdaq 2,048.60 -48.95 (-2.33%)

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I didn't see this yesterday, or I would have pointed this out, but using the 20 EMA as RESISTANCE - it was 2 day's ago high, yesterday's high, and today's high.

I got a sweet play for this one, SP500 CLOSE > 20 EMA and hopefully wait until the 20 EMA moves below the 50 EMA. As soon as you get a close above the 20 EMA if this concept is in play and sell when the 20 EMA crosses the 50 EMA that is quick cash that might move within a few days.

This also works if the 20 EMA stays a good level above the 50 EMA (as if SP500 CLOSE > 20 EMA on monday), you can think of it as a pocket of support that is "hidden" in bull rallys

On this chart the 20 EMA is red, 50 BLUE and 200 GREEN

www.sierrachart.com...

[edit on 30-10-2009 by GreenBicMan]

[edit on 30-10-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
You will notice all the volatility got bought up today.

That goes into play with this "pocket" we are in

It could easily go both ways, but either way will be violent because it has been "stored" up in this pocket, the more consolidation into this "pocket" the more volatile the move upwars or downwards will be.

The correct move is to play volatility, sp500vix above 30 now

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Here's something new

Oct. 30 (Bloomberg) -- The benchmark index for U.S. stock options rose the most in a year as consumer confidence and personal spending fell and CIT Group Inc. worked to avert collapse.

The VIX, also known as Wall Street’s “fear gauge,” surged 25 percent to 30.97 at 1:39 p.m. in New York as a plunge in stocks spurred demand for options as protection against further declines.

Bloomberg
so what do you think they know that we dont???

top topics

<< 558  559  560    562  563  564 >>

join