It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Get some rest, tomorrow is NonFarm Payroll, might be a crazy day with a couple wild swings in both directions...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

OH NO YA DON'T...

I'm not missin' the end of the Civilized World...

I got 46 Yrs invested in this Financial Destruction scenerio...

Star 4 U...just 4 caring though!!!

...and the Rush Limpburger threads continue...

[edit on 3/5/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

And nydsdan got all that popcorn in too...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well, if really 3k (DOW) is the point where economy collapses & industry shut downs, we will see it happen next 2 weeks… I knew it is coming, but didn’t expect so fast drops – over 500 points in 3 days? WTF?
Time to get saved money and do some shopping. BIG shopping: rice, corn, canned food…

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Cboe Volatility Index. VIX (INDEX) 50.17 +2.61 +5.49% ya think?

NZSE 50 2,468.26 5:01PM ET 23.14 (0.93%)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

March 5 (Bloomberg) -- Bank of America Corp. will suffer “grave and irreparable harm” if Merrill Lynch & Co. employees paid $3.6 billion in bonuses just before the firm’s acquisition by the bank are publicly identified, its lawyers said.

Bloomberg

&dist=hplatest]Gener al Dynamics cuts 2009 outlook, cuts 1,200 jobs

[edit on 3/5/09 by redhatty]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Soundin' more & more like we need to run up to Wal-Mart...better stop there...for now...

NZSE 50 2,467.068 5:10PM ET -24.333 (-0.98%)
NZSE 50 2,464.351 5:13PM ET -27.050 (-1.09%)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I'll finish it for ya - but they're all out of ammo

Can we just stop this ride, I want off - NOW!

That or can we see some outrage from the masses??? PLEASE!!!

Where the Hell are the torches and pitchforks???

Why are people not raising hell and protesting???

WTF? IN the 60's EVERYONE was on dope and they FILLED THE MALL in DC in protest

What the HELL is wrong with people today??? Do we need to send everyone some dope to inspire them??

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
NY state lost 25 pct of new jobs since last decline

NEW YORK, March 5 (Reuters) - New York state, in the final quarter of 2008, lost over 25 percent of the jobs it had gained since the last downturn, a statistic that reveals the deepening recession, the labor department said on Thursday.

This means 110,300 people working at private companies lost their jobs in just three months.

These employers had hired more than 400,000 people from July 2003, when the last decline ended, to August 2008, when the economy peaked, the state labor department's report said.

Private companies switched rapidly from hiring workers -- adding 70,000 in the third quarter -- to laying them off.

"Data released today continue to underscore the severity of the steadily deepening recession in New York State," said Peter Neenan, director of the state labor department's Division of Research and Statistics in a release.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

That's exactly what I had typed...before I retracted it!!!!

Star 4 U!

and...a Wet stone to sharpen our Guillotine!!!

This is a travesty...and to think we actually trusted those people...

Scandels, Corruption, Ponzi Scams out the Wazoo now...

All these stories yer posting just go to prove it...trust is gone at this point...it's gonna get ugly in the near future... *I HOPE!!!, he said, as he woke from his drunken Stupor, to realize the America he had grown up in, had been Lo-Jak'ed...*(...long ago...)

Treasury Has Big Plans, but Few People Able to Execute Them
www.foxnews.com...

Now I hear the Deputy Secretary nominee for the Treasury has withdrawn...smart man?
Like we need MORE to rip us off than we already have...

NZSE 50 2,464.009 5:30PM ET -27.392 (-1.10%)
NZSE 50 2,461.12 5:55PM ET -30.28 (-1.22%)

Gold closed at $932.09...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I have a feeling it is going to be another bloody day on the Street tomorrow. All this bad(understatement) news coming out it can't all possibly be factored in.

Then we also have job report coming out tomorrow. We might see 8% unemployment. Not a good thing that is over what they are projecting. Either way as you and redhatty put it, there is no confidence we are in free fall and the only thing it is going to do is snowball and speed up.

They can't keep the news from Lehman and the BofA takeover suppressed for too much longer, then we are going to see fireworks. I don't think that investors will have enough confidence to see another pump and dump at that point.

Well You might want to get some sleep because we might witness the collapse of civilization tomorrow.

I'm going to check out Wal-Mart tomorrow and see if they have any ammo down my way, and if not then I'm going to order some and hope the truck doesn't get jacked before it gets here.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by TruthMagnet

Things like this don't happen overnight. In term of switching currency. China's silver backed Yuan will likely be the world new reserve currency due to value and volume.

If you wanna know where your retirement is going take a look at this:

What's Dead (Short Answer: All Of It)

Projectvxn, Hx3_1963, and everyone - thanks for the advice!

I'll let my mate know that you all don't see a bottom on this thing anytime soon...

He's in a bad place either way - but no reason not to stop the bleeding if he can...

At least he's "awake" now and won't get Fooled Again!

[edit on 5-3-2009 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthMagnet

If nothin' else...

Have him read through this thread and take a look at my thread...
2009 Depression Validated
www.abovetopsecret.com...

...I've been keepin' score for the past month...if he can TRUTHFULLY look at this objectively...he HAS to come to the same conclusion we have...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I am guessing I can't use the F word on here?

This is such a F ing mess and y'all are F ing brilliant,brave,and honest!

Going to go prep for the big show tomorrow...I'm guessing it might be epic.

This girl appreciates all the info people so generously share.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

This is what the ATS community is really all about irishchic. But it does take pretty hard work in terms of collecting the information. It is something we do because, regardless of what we're discussing, we care about the future of our community, our country, and our planet.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Again,I am a newbie and amazed not only at the info here but the manner in which it's shared.
It DOES take a lot to collect data and honestly,my lil' red head has been spinning for weeks.
These posts allow me to track,isolate,and decide efficiently plus I admire the brilliance and enjoy the humor.
I am fortunate to be here at this time because trust me,I live in a rural Texas location and these sheep out here are CLUELESS!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Star 4 U!

Disclaimer:
I WOULD prefer a peaceful solution to this crisis and hope the upcoming March 13th-19th movements... www.abovetopsecret.com...
...work at achive this, but, this is reaching a critical mass I fear...(unless we are really that brain dead...then I guess we get what we deserve...)

NZSE 50 2,459.431 6:27PM ET -31.970 (-1.28%)
NZSE 50 2,454.187 6:40PM ET -37.214 (-1.49%)

Gold $930.98 on open...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
For the experts on this thread I was wondering if we could create a sister thread which gets posted to almost as much. This thread would be in direct correlation to what the market reporting here means to us on a personal level, ie some here are not invested inthe markets, but this news affects them as well. If this is possible what would the title be to discern it from yet just another post? I think a lot more people might be interesting in taking measures if the DOW or S&P drop but they can't relate the number info into what to do within their own lives. Anyone?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by elston

You could try to p2p a mod and ask 'em to add/re-post this in the active threads, as they only currently show "new" active threads...or...ask 'em if you could start a new headline just to link it to this...???

Star 4 U...for thinkin' of this! (I had also, but, gave up hope...rockin' the boat here is discouraged...I p2p'd Mod about grouping "end of Civilization?" threads in one mass thread...there are a lot and it's getting to hard to sort through anymore...I've noticed a dozen variation of the same subject/topic posted lately...)

Larry Kudlow is tryin' to plant mustard seeds...none of his guests are buyin' it...got it recordin' to post later...

actually...I just sent this post to byrd for consideration...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I live in Reno Nevada and relatively populated with a decent college here...Even the economics department is clueless. And that is pretty sad. Your job, should you choose to accept it, is pretty much what I do. Force people to think about it.

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join