It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 556
<< 553  554  555    557  558  559 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
From another forum...

"I work in the Default Aversion Dpt. for Student Loans, so I spend all day listening to the stories of people who fall behind on their payments (2-9 months).

Over time I hear everything from everyone, even worked with an actor once who I recognized by his voice when he called in.

So daily, all day long, I get to feel the pulse of what is going on in this country.

Here is my observation; It is getting worse, slowly, month by month. I can tell by the people's stories.

I heard a new one this week. A gal from Alabama was on the phone, she couldn't make her payments, she was cut to short hours at work (that is the most common problem these days, people have their hours cut but the bills remain the same).

Said her old childhood friend killed herself and her two children last week because she saw no way out.

I have talked to people who spent all night on the suicide hotline. Many are unable to discuss their financial situations because they see no hope. Even salesman (and they are always upbeat) are showing NO HOPE.

Each month it gets a little worse and this has been going on since late fall 2007.

Rick Wiles was saying the day will come where suicide will be the number one cause of death in this nation, I see it happening already, but not to the degree we might see in the future.

Outside of the people who have a strong faith in their maker, all I see is a general hopelessness and a lot of anger,, wow.. people are angry/frustrated."

This could be fake...but I doubt it. Really sad.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
After markets are busting loose AMAZON +107.00 from 93.00.

Tomorrow will be the day.

CIT after hours......UP to 1.21.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The dollar just broke the .75 level to 74.99. Wow and before the big treasury auction next week. Wonder how low this sucker can go?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The Rising Waters of Inflation

I guess while the Federal Reserve is been appraised for keeping interest low the tidal wave is building up.

While the inflation is been manipulated it will brake lose eventually and is going to feel like tsunami when it does.

two specific factors are principally responsible for low inflation in recent years: (1) declining import prices; (2) declining labor costs at home due to pressures from low import prices. Neither of these factors can be expected to control inflation forever. In reality they have merely postponed an inevitable outbreak of inflation. Interest rate and money supply management will not be enough to compensate for the structural imbalances and massive debts that have been accumulated.

How long will be before we get inflation?

www.economyincrisis.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
the more i keep looking at this thing the more bullish i get

i love how everyone is calling a near-term top here

you know what that means

i believe we head to 1200 very soon and then come back as we did at Resistance 1

i will post a chart later when my simulations are done

there is still much more regarding this run here i think and if stuff like amzn keeps going on there will be some serious bears crying foul

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
From what i understand is Amazon stock has done this last year with a 106 and it happened at the same month. I believe it will be gone by opening bell though due to shorting. I got out of amazon stocks 2 months ago.

I guess i just got tired of the up-down effect, I like steady rise in my stocks.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
the dollar might have been thrown a life-vest with this

finance.yahoo.com...

and yup stock just keep on keep'n on......most people have recovered a lot of the money they lost.....so long they kept contribut'n and esp. if there emplyers kept matchin.....from what i see now i would go long bonds in my 401k after thansgiving .....but that could change

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Just a bit off topic... but to add an FYI
there is this unwritten rule where the media doesn't report suicide unless other people were involved or it was someone of some fame... they fear reporting a suicide might encourage others to do the same...

we may never know just how many people have and will commit suicide due to the failing economy... but we all know its happening

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Bonds have been literally off the hook.

At some point that will end, just like this huge market rally, but I wouldnt take a guess until you can find a confirmed lower high and lower low to test the muddy waters

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Going to be an exciting half hour for the DJI

VALUE 9,957.22
CHANGE -124.09
% CHANGE -1.23
TIME 15:27
TOTAL MEMBERS 30
UP 2
DOWN 28
UNCHANGED 0...
the other's arent doing much better
S&P 500 1,076.20 -14.60 -1.34
NASDAQ 100 1,754.50 -8.00 -0.45
S&P/TSX 60 674.30 -12.00 -1.75
Mexico Bolsa 30,755.00 -139.00 -0.45
Brazil Bovespa 66,030.00 -927.00 -1.38

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hmmm...FDIC Friday is back in effect...

Must be someone found Shelias hidden Piggy Bank...

Failed Bank List
www.fdic.gov...

First DuPage Bank Westmont IL 35038 October 23, 2009
Riverview Community Bank Otsego MN 57525 October 23, 2009
Bank of Elmwood Racine WI 18321 October 23, 2009
Flagship National Bank Bradenton FL 35044 October 23, 2009
Hillcrest Bank Florida Naples FL 58336 October 23, 2009
American United Bank Lawrenceville GA 57794 October 23, 2009
Partners Bank Naples FL 57959 October 23, 2009

Biggest was 101.1M...smallest was 20M...356.7M total...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
so i surfing the threads...lol....look what i just randomly saw...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This week was quite a battle on the Dow chart. Look at those five days. Tuesday and Wednesday really held the advance in check and pushed downward. Thursday almost started the bullish fire again. Friday looked like it would put in an outside reversal day until they lifted the closing price a little bit. Incredible. They are really putting on quite a show for us.

Still holding my short positioning. I'm longly bearish with FAZ, BGZ & TYP.

I love these 3X Inverse ETFs!!
No margin, no maintenance, no stops, no nothing. I'm riding the bearish bull all the way!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GOTZEUS

I'm guessing you saw 11111 replies & 111 flags. No doubt stander would covert those into binary & find some cosmic financial significance in them, à la 'Did anyone see 911?' thread.

reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

Anyone who rides this market is either akin to a world-class poker player, stark raving mad, or in cahoots with GS. Which is it?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Boy Today is just chockful of ~Good News~

BreakingNews
twitter.com...

WSJ: Capmark Financial Group, one of the nation's largest commercial-real estate lenders, plans to file for bankruptcy this weekend.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I don't normally post twice in a row, but a State of Emergency in the US might just impact the markets, wouldn't you say?

I'm hoping beyond hope this doesn't lead to the infamous bank holiday...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
all the big boys need to pay off their F-ups, and they are doing it with the cheapest money they can squeeze out of the economy. once that is done, the dollar will again start to rise, when the big boys have their books cleared. all those cheap dollars will become more valuable in buying power, once the fed takes the dollars off the worlds market shelf by increasing interest rates.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

It very well could lead to something soon enough...

I found that Capmark going BK interesting, as well as CIT is about to go under also...

Capmark Said Ready to File for Bankruptcy
online.wsj.com...

Capmark Financial Group Inc., one of the nation's largest commercial-real-estate lenders, plans to file for bankruptcy as soon as this weekend, a person familiar with the situation said.

The much-expected move underscores the deep problems in the business-property market. After suffering from the collapse in residential mortgages, U.S. banks face steep losses from commercial real-estate loans. Capmark has originated more than $10 billion in commercial real-estate loans, according to Moody's Investors Service.
More at Link...

CIT presses bondholders to agree to restructuring
www.reuters.com...

Add those 7 Failed Banks last night...

Something ~Foul~ rides into Town...

Probe widens in Galleon case to SAC Capital: report
www.reuters.com...

And what's up with another of these???

Peugeot worker commits suicide in France
www.reuters.com...

Peugeot CEO sees 1-1.5 bln euros loss in 2009-report
www.reuters.com...

Oh almost forgot about this...

Lazard Asset Management Fund Dumps The Dollar
www.istockanalyst.com...

[edit on 10/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Every time you think it can't possibly get worse you come in with links like that.

Well, maybe just this once, I can outdo you:

Wall Street's Naked Swindle

Here's the opener:

On Tuesday, March 11th, 2008, somebody — nobody knows who — made one of the craziest bets Wall Street has ever seen. The mystery figure spent $1.7 million on a series of options, gambling that shares in the venerable investment bank Bear Stearns would lose more than half their value in nine days or less. It was madness — "like buying 1.7 million lottery tickets," according to one financial analyst.

But what's even crazier is that the bet paid.

At the close of business that afternoon, Bear Stearns was trading at $62.97. At that point, whoever made the gamble owned the right to sell huge bundles of Bear stock, at $30 and $25, on or before March 20th. In order for the bet to pay, Bear would have to fall harder and faster than any Wall Street brokerage in history...

Utter lawlessness.

Or maybe some poor loser just got lucky...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The national emergency being declared yesterday.... and this today...

On Saturday, October 24, 2009, from 3:00 p.m. ET until 7:00 a.m. ET Sunday, October 25, 2009, Wells Fargo Investments, LLC will participate in an industry-wide disaster recovery exercise which may result in the brokerage website being unavailable for all or part of the event. Please contact us to place transactions if you are unable to access your account online during this exercise. We apologize for any inconvenience and we thank you for your patience.

Here.

Yeah....just a coincidence right?

And there's reports at several banks across the US that there's armed guards there...that started about a week ago.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Vitchilo]

new topics

top topics

<< 553  554  555    557  558  559 >>

join