It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 548
<< 545  546  547    549  550  551 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The truth behind the markets mometum, The S&P led the way, gaining 1.49 percent (15.25 points), followed by the Dow which gained 1.18 percent (112.08 points), and the NASDAQ which was up 0.98 percent (20.04 points). This was not enough to erase consecutive losing days last week, but it is a start, as investors begin to recoup some of their losses.

Perhaps the reason is because Australia, central bank is to raise key interest rates. What this would have done in other times is to cause a Market sell off, but it seems that in our new markets developments and unpredictable wave, this seems to make investors favor restrictions as the collapse of what they call cheap money is going on.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
And so congress and the president are gearing up for another stimulus to fight the raise in unemployment.

President Barack Obama is considering a mix of spending programs and tax cuts to respond to widening job losses that would amount to an additional economic stimulus without carrying that label.

The discussion of the initiatives, including a boost in transportation spending and an extension of an expiring tax credit for first-time homebuyers, comes as the White House is balancing rising concern about unemployment and a budget deficit the Congressional Budget Office estimates will total $1.6 trillion for 2009, and $1.4 trillion in 2010.

Administration officials have told allies in Congress that a broader transportation bill, and extensions of a homebuyer tax credit and unemployment benefits are all on the table, a Senate aide said.

The truth is that is not such thing as a fixing but rather keeps the "existing programs like tax brakes and extensions of unemployment benefits going.

When our stupid government is going to realized that putting "band aids" on the economic wounds that is facing our citizens in the nations is just increasing spending and the debt but is not going to fix the problems at all.

We need jobs Mr. President

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Isn't that special?

Rob more money from our Kids for ~increases in Transportation~ (IE: more clash 4 cluckers)

An extended ~Housing Tax break~ (IE: funnel more $ to big banks)

Extended ~jobless benefits~ (IE: Rob more money from our Grand Kids for pay to stay...jobless...)

How is it our kids have to pay tomorrow, for a car today, from companies we mostly own now?

How does it help our Kids tomorrow, funneling $ to insolvent banks now, that will in all likely hood, go broke anyways?

How does it help anyone to raise more debt to support jobless people...

Geez...if we can own most of the banks, car companies and soon to be health care businesses, seems they could at least take some of the $ back from all the others and give it to us...

I'd buy a car...solves that...

I'd buy a house...put in a new fridge/washer/drier/air conditioner/furniture...solves that...

I'd pay off my debt...solves that...

And with all the money I just spent, I'd probably be able to get a job at one of the places I just blew my wad at...solved that... :shk:

Trickle down economics...Grrr...
...it should of always been trickle up...after all, it's ours and our off springs money we're talking about here...

If we're forced to pay for ~pulled forward demand~ we should at least get the spoils of it?

And see how things work?

...Someone is beating down the EUR/GBP/YEN to make the $ look good today...Gold still ain't moving though
...and now the markets set to open lower from a rising $

[edit on 10/7/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Welfare economy that is what we are becoming, my friend, I still don't get it, why can government invest in job creation? is that such a big endeavor or we are really, truly so bad economically that job creation is just out of reach?

Now the government dare to claim that service jobs are up, but what people doesn't understand is that service jobs are nothing but minimum pay jobs.

Keep increasing the debt and keep spending money that is not there to keep the darn banking system going, that is going to be the downfall of our nation eventually.

And that is real modern prediction
my prediction.

Do you see any future for our nation the way we are heading right now?

I don't

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Not on the present path we're on...

Everyone and everything is up to their eyeballs in debt now...

People...Businesses...Cities...States...Governments... :shk:

There are just way to many zeros in someones 'puter and not enough $'s in the physical world...

And good news!!!

Family Dollar is up 4% on beating their earning estimate...by $0.01...

Fire up the Grill Marg...wheez' havin' Beans & Wieners today!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Banks will need another bailout

No only for the toxic assets but also for the Absorbsion Commercial Property Losses

That is just great,

A U.S. Federal Reserve report found that banks in the country are slow to take losses on their commercial real estate loans that have been hit by slumping property values and rental payments, the Wall Street Journal said.

Citing a Sept 29 presentation made by Fed analyst K.C. Conway to banking regulators, the paper said the report's remarks suggested that regulators were preparing for a rerun of housing-related losses that plagued many banks after the residential property bubble burst.

Mortgage Applications UpFannie, Freddie to Aid BanksJulius Baer to Buy ING Swiss Private BankSantander Raises $8.05 Billion in Record Brazil IPO
According to the paper, the report said that the most "toxic" loans on bank books were interest-only loans, which get no benefit from amortization, since it requires borrowers to repay interest but no principal.

The Journal said the report also stated that banks have been slow to absorb the losses on their loans, partly due to "capital preservation" concerns.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

That is just so cute and made my day,

I know for sure that family dollar and related stores are booming, but I have not been in one of those stores in a long time.

I probably take a stroll into one to see what they have.

BTW, Brazil is buying a lot of properties in the US, in my neck of the woods they are to take over a few closed up factories in the food industry.

I guess tax breakes and the government give away is too good to let go.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The only thing people should be investing in right now is food and ammo...
the rest of the world is making plans o disengage from our crippled markets once they do that we'll be in deep doo-doo

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hmmm...strange timing?

US Mint Suspends Production Of American Eagle Gold And Silver Bullion Coins Due To "Unprecedented Demand"
www.zerohedge.com...

Study Confirms Bank Prop Desks Sell Ahead Of Own Research Analyst Downgrades, Finds Recurring Rule 2110-4 Violations
www.zerohedge.com...

And more good news from eastern europe...

Eastern Europe
www.bloomberg.com...

Latvia on the brink
Commentary: Troubles for Baltic economy might not spread -- but could
www.marketwatch.com...

LONDON (MarketWatch) -- It's never good news when a government bond auction fails. It's particularly bad news when an auction fails for a note maturing in just six months. And it's really bad news when there isn't any bid at all.

Yet that's what happened Wednesday when Latvia tried to sell close to $17 million of paper.

It's not hard to figure out why.
More at Link...
Latvia Treasury Sold 2 Million Lati in 3, 12-Month Bills, No 6-Month Bills
www.bloomberg.com...

The great tax drought of 2009
money.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Here's a new trend... It's become so expensive for mortgage lenders to foreclose on homes, their not doing it anymore... the new plan is to sell those defaulted mortgages at open auction to the highest bidder regardless of price and let them deal with all the legal fees....

This was an auction notice sent to my e-mail today

$1.9M NONPERFORMING MORTGAGES SELLING REGARDLESS OF PRICE!

Auction Includes (3) Nonperforming Loan Pools Secured by Real Property Located in Arizona And Wisconsin.

These Loans Were Originated Between 2006 & 2009 by Two Mortgage Warehouser’s Which Were Funded by a Recently Failed Bank Institution. The FDIC has Agreed to Remove All of Their Priority Liens.

Pool A consists of (4) loans secured by real property in Peoria, Glendale & (2) in Marana, Arizona.

Pool B consists of (4) loans secured by real property in Superior, Phoenix, Tuscon & Park, Arizona.

Pool C consists of (6) loans secured by real property in Racine, Kenosha, Luck & (3) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Bidding is available online at www.tarbid.com. Online Bidding will end at 12PM, CST, October 21, 2009. 10% Buyers Premium.

The way I read this is if your willing to put up with all the hassle of foreclosing on some unlucky families then for a few thousand dollars you could have what, 19 properties???

[edit on 7-10-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Paul Krugman: In Trade, ‘It’s Not the Great Depression — It’s Worse’

Britain Risked `Bank Runs, Riots' as RBS, HBOS Neared Collapse Last Year
www.bloomberg.com...

RBS Faced Risk of Full Seizure by Brown at 2008 Crisis Climax, Gieve Says
www.bloomberg.com...

Pimco, Baupost Are Said to Quit CIT Bondholder Panel, Leaving Four Members
www.bloomberg.com...

U.S. Consumer Credit Fell by $12 Billion in August on Job Losses, Fed Says
www.bloomberg.com...

Three Sacked Nigerian Bank Chiefs to Appear Before Economic Crimes

www.bloomberg.com...

Nice...get ready to pay more fer yer Mac & Cheez...

Kraft CEO says set to grow profits with Cadbury or not
www.reuters.com...

And more signs of spineless Jellyfish in DC...

In early round, Congress bends on swaps reform
www.reuters.com...

And with news like this we can now be assured things are getting much better than expected...

UPDATE 2-Dell to shut N. Carolina plant, cut 905 workers
www.reuters.com...

Caterpillar layoffs will affect 106
www.jconline.com...

Cat must be down to what...a couple hundred employees now?

Layoffs
Google News

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Can I come to the BBQ?!!.....I love a good BBQ, AND Family Dollar!!

(sorry, "lurker alert"...I was laughing too hard NOT to butt in when I saw your "grill party" goin' on!!...I promise, Hx, no un-lady like language if I'm invited
...)

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

Cat must be down to what...a couple hundred employees now?

Actually it's down to a single-digit number.
clouddragon.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
British Pound Threatened as Bank of England Plots Policy Shift
www.dailyfx.com...

Japan's Current Account Narrows as Exports Fall Most Since January
www.dailyfx.com...

Spot Gold $1051.15 new high

Spot Silver $17.87

USD 75.998 days low

YEN 88.211 days high

All of Asia is in the green...

9670.58 9747.0 76.42
1053.58 1063.0 9.42

If this is right...this ~wagon~ is 'bout to lose it wheelz... :shk:

Ted Spread

10Y / 2Y Spread

2Y Swap Spread

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hungry Betty was feeding her face the whole session yeasterday, so the Dow couldn't do much climbing. The Dow is there for making money, tons of it, so periodical selling is to be expected. Hungry Betty will be back tomorrow, but she will use silver and wouldn't leave teeth marks on the plates. So the afternoon part of today session should be more orderly. Everything looks better than expected -- it's time to invest again.
Belch. 'Scusme.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Speaking of Biting and Silver...

Spot Gold 1058.50 new all time high

Spot Silver 17.89

USD 75.896 new yr low

YEN 88.146 day high

Dollar Fear Escalates as Prospect of a Panic Decline Emerge
www.dailyfx.com...

Asian countries step in to support dollar
FT.com

Bernanke Under Fire: Grayson / Paul
market-ticker.org...

FHA Shortfall Seen at $54 Billion May Lead to Bailout (Update1)
www.bloomberg.com...

Corruption: FHA Is Dying, Will Anyone Stop It?
market-ticker.org...

FOCUS: Deutsche Bank May Need Billions Euros Of Capital
online.wsj.com...

Lloyds May Struggle to Exit Asset Protection Plan (Update1)
www.bloomberg.com...

Bailout May Be Helping to Generate Up to Half of Bank’s Profits
fedupusa.org...

Hmmm...Depression 2.0...anyone???

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You do know people who trade in gold are looking 6 months to one year ahead and these prices,(expected to top 1500 soon) make a statement on how they see things going...

care to venture a guess on where they see the markets being in six months?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Lets try this again (10-25 bank closure rumour)
www.tickerforum.org...

I-Believe-in-Strong-Dollar Turns Relic as China Begs (Update1)
www.bloomberg.com...

Initial Jobless Claims in U.S. Decrease 33,000 to 10-Month Low of 521,000
www.bloomberg.com...

I can't wait fer someone to take these numbers apart and show the usual ~fabrication~... :shk:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

You do know people who trade in gold are looking 6 months to one year ahead and these prices,(expected to top 1500 soon) make a statement on how they see things going...

care to venture a guess on where they see the markets being in six months?

I had a dream...
gold: 1600 +

Doesn't mean anything, just a dream...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Jobless lose lifeline as Senate stalls
money.cnn.com...

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- As thousands of jobless Americans lose their weekly unemployment checks every day, Congress is still debating who should qualify for a benefits extension.

The House passed a bill last month lengthening benefits by 13 weeks for those in high-unemployment states. While Senate leaders said at the time they would act soon, the proposal has languished as Democrats argue over the terms.

Meanwhile, 400,000 people ran out of benefits in September and another 208,000 are set to lose them this month, according to the National Employment Law Project.
More at Link...

new topics

top topics

<< 545  546  547    549  550  551 >>

join