It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 542
<< 539  540  541    543  544  545 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NoIWontTouchIt

52.50 calls for december? how much are they?

You are right about the flight to safety in retail - I think consumer confidence keeps picking up though - but that is just an IMO thing

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

52.50 calls for december? how much are they?

You are right about the flight to safety in retail - I think consumer confidence keeps picking up though - but that is just an IMO thing

I think they are like .66/contract, so 66 dollars...I am also looking at RIMM. I can see that going back up to like 72 dollars in anticipation for the Q3 earnings.That has tanked like...25% in 3 days of trading. It makes me worried about Q3 since I believe people are now expecting more rallying due to better than expected earnings...but what happens if this time the music stops?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

RIMM is back to the price where I wanted to get in like 4 months ago I think it was - that thing got hammered.. I like it too - I still think GS is an incredible buy as well - as I can see them going right back to 300 where they were before this all started

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

RIMM is back to the price where I wanted to get in like 4 months ago I think it was - that thing got hammered.. I like it too - I still think GS is an incredible buy as well - as I can see them going right back to 300 where they were before this all started

The hardest thing really is to click the button to just buy. I don't really think GS is that incredible of a buy...I don't like financials...like at all. But yeah, RIMM is something to look at. The Wal Mart thing is really iffy. But then again, the question that should be asked is if Wal Mart will be 52.50 somewhere at the end of the year. And that is probably probable. It is worse than Pfizer I think in the way it moves though. And options are bitches when there is no volatility. If you bought the 52.50 calls like 4 days ago you would be down 50% already.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Thats dirty stuff

Although I dont think of GS as just financial, I think of them as the market haha

i used to play PFE as well when I traded - I might be the only person in the world that made 5.00 on the stock haha - I think it might be at the same price it was when I bought it in high school

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Thats dirty stuff

Although I dont think of GS as just financial, I think of them as the market haha

i used to play PFE as well when I traded - I might be the only person in the world that made 5.00 on the stock haha - I think it might be at the same price it was when I bought it in high school

Options are dirty stuff? Yeah they definitely can be, and are not for the faint of heart or the people who don't understand the way they are priced. The good thing about options though is that you can only lose 100% because you aren't margined like futures or forex (or even stocks for that matter I guess).

But for someone like you, options would be good if you knew how to trade them because you said you have like 800 dollars? Well if you put 800 dollars in those wmt calls since you feel strongly about that, and it does go up to 59 dollars, well then you will be worth like 8000. And 8000 is really nothing to balk at. That is actually a pretty nice base believe it or not......

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoIWontTouchIt

Originally posted by THX-1138
Now here is the third....

YOU NEED TO PREPARE FOR EXIT BY THE END OF THIS WEEK.

It don't get no better than this. Straight up.

And why do you need to prepare to exit by the end of this week? Do you follow the elliot wavers who say the next leg down is coming after sept. 29th?

The Elliott Wavers follow me.

Nah. I don't know what Elliott Wave is about really. But if they think Sept. 29th is it then I concur. It is possible to have some momentum carry through on Thursday and Friday, even next week, and two weeks after that. For the most part though, I don't try that risky strategy. That game is for the largest traders who want to push it up in order to start selling from a higher position. Only they can move the market. Not me.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

Dang Y'all havin' issues of late eh? :shk:

Shanghai Composite 2,769.14 10:55PM ET Up 5.62 (0.20%)
Hang Seng 21,020.47 10:55PM ET Up 432.06 (2.10%)
Nikkei 225 10,104.68 10:30PM ET Up 95.16 (0.95%)

I see the FX Markets are right on cue tonight...

USD trying to hold 77 & YEN trying to hold 90...

[edit on 9/28/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

that would be nice, except its more like 8 dollars now hahaha

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

that would be nice, except its more like 8 dollars now hahaha

Where did the other 792 dollars go? lol. I also really hate this new user name of mine. What do you think the markets will do as Q3 earnings come along?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

car ins,health ins,medical,datafeeds,charting system..then the other stuff haha

i dont know man about earnings... I would say in line to slightly positive but thats not my "will forte"

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

car ins,health ins,medical,datafeeds,charting system..then the other stuff haha

i dont know man about earnings... I would say in line to slightly positive but thats not my "will forte"

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I would also look at buying puts at 75.00 for wynn @ oct and see whats up - looks like a top there down to the 20 EMA.. i was just glancing around and this caught my eye - let me know whats up

flex - IMC at 7

play volatility for - hnsn

play for volatility - hans

IMC - for JJC if you can

long straddle - ZINC @ 11.50 (buy put buy call)
[edit on 29-9-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

I have never heard of any of those stocks, and I don't trade just based on charts as I don't know how to read them well enough yet. I mean, I could gamble, but....................

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
I've been warned again!

Apparently I continue to defy ATS by developing nuclear posts.

I suspect the moderhaters on this site are not very successful in their lives. They exhibit that small schoolboy fascist hall monitor name taker type personality. Mental midgets I tell ya!

Rights are conquered
Freedom is defended

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

FDIC Proposes Banks Prepay Fees Through 2012, Raise $45 Billion
www.bloomberg.com...

Sept. 29 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., seeking to replenish deposit reserves as banks fail at the fastest pace in 17 years, today voted unanimously to have lenders prepay fees through 2012, raising about $45 billion.

Lenders would prepay FDIC premiums for the fourth quarter and next three years on Dec. 30, to replenish the deposit insurance funds that staff estimated will have a negative balance at the end of this quarter, the agency said.

The agency raised its estimate for the cost of bank failures to $100 billion through 2013, from $70 billion, and said about half the expenses will be incurred by the end of this quarter.

What a shell game!

And what's this about ~$50B in losses by the end of this quarter?

Either they have a bunch of small banks soon to go under or expect a large one???

But....have no fears Stolen Sacks will survive...

CIC to Invest $2 Billion in Goldman, Other Funds: Reuters Link
www.reuters.com...

Hmmm...

And another Rat jumps ship...

JPMorgan’s Staley to Run Investment Bank in Shake-Up (Update1)
www.bloomberg.com...

Speaking of Rats...

Paulson mulls CIT-IndyMac merger: report
www.reuters.com...

And ya heard it here first...

Pimco's Gross Says He's Purchasing Treasuries to Protect Against Deflation
www.bloomberg.com...

U.S. Consumer Confidence Unexpectedly Fell This Month (Update1)
www.bloomberg.com...

~
The Conference Board’s confidence index dropped to 53.1, from a revised 54.5 in August, a report from the New York-based group showed today.

~
Consumer confidence was projected to increase to 57 this month, from an originally reported reading of 54.1 in August, according to the median estimate in a Bloomberg News survey of 78 economists.

[edit on 9/29/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Get ready people more bailouts to the financial coming our way.

I guess the Banks are not as trouble free as many thing, with all the credit card mess.

So, what the Obama administration to do . . . get more tax payer money to fill the banks coffers, but this time with the help of private investors

The toxic asset program is launching nearly a year after Congress approved the $700 billion financial rescue legislation that bore the name Troubled Assets Relief Program. The initiative was once envisioned as the signature program in the government's rescue of the banking system, but financial firms grew wary of the strings attached, and it was subsequently scaled back as the crisis abated.

Since July, the Treasury Department has been working with a group of private firms to build investment funds that would combine public and private resources to buy troubled bank securities. The firms plan to buy the assets at bargain prices in hopes that they will turn profitable over time.

As usual there comes the unwilling tax payer to bailout the banks again

Meanwhile what are they doing for us people, they are screwing us any way they can.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here's a link to an article I posted about Social Security already being in deficit. So the bailouts roll on as our deficits grow larger by the day.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 539  540  541    543  544  545 >>

join