It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 541
<< 538  539  540    542  543  544 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hmmm...pretty high negative numbers...buy time!

TABLE-Dallas Fed Texas Sept manufacturing activity -6.4
www.reuters.com...

General Business Activity -6.4 -9.1 13.9*
Production -0.5 -9.7 33.0
Capacity utilization -4.8 -13.3 30.7
Volume of new orders 8.0 -1.7 37.2*
Growth rate of orders -4.8 -6.0 23.8
Unfilled orders -3.9 -10.0 12.8*
Volume of shipments 0.3 -11.2 34.5
Delivery time* -8.4 -7.2 4.3
Materials inventories* -25.6 -29.6 -1.1
Finished goods inventories* -21.3 -23.2 -5.4
Prices paid for raw materials 9.8 9.9 32.2*
Prices received for finished goods -17.9 -21.4 2.1*
Wages and benefits *0.0 *0.0 14.5
Number of employees -8.1 -15.7 10.6*
Average employee workweek* -7.4 -11.2 19.1
Capital expenditures* -12.8 -15.3 -1.1

Chicago Fed national activity index lower in Aug
www.reuters.com...

[edit on 9/28/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by NoIWontTouchIt

59 actually and yes..

We bounced off 50 hit 51.xx then fell back big time friday, but so did the whole retail sector, but I think I would take a theoretical $2.50 sell stop and place my sell limit 59

So you think that Wal Mart will be around 59 dollars by the end of December? Wal Mart has been weak when the market rallies AND when the market goes down. Why do you think WMT will rally? Any fundamental analysis?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Its all technicals

My entry was at 50, but this was between me and another member and the only reason you saw part of that convo was bc I just posted it in passing while talking to him on this thread

59 is where we should get based on the formation that appeared then subsequently broke out of if that makes any sense

Any lower than 47-47.50 would be a fail - but it sets up bc these formations work about 60-70 % of the time, so it is worth the gamble - but IMO I hate trading equties and rather stick to index plays bc the charts are easier to read with of course much more "identity"

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Its all technicals

My entry was at 50, but this was between me and another member and the only reason you saw part of that convo was bc I just posted it in passing while talking to him on this thread

59 is where we should get based on the formation that appeared then subsequently broke out of if that makes any sense

Any lower than 47-47.50 would be a fail - but it sets up bc these formations work about 60-70 % of the time, so it is worth the gamble - but IMO I hate trading equties and rather stick to index plays bc the charts are easier to read with of course much more "identity"

Don't you think the indices are going to correct soon? What happens to stocks when they normally fail?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Not every stock has to fall when markets do, plus its not like the market just goes down 600 points at a time etc..

Its a play also on strength of sector - plus at the same time without me even looking at technicals and just historical price action, I mean its a long term buy in my eyes regardless - but in this instance my friend it is 59 +/- and under 47 +/-

[edit on 28-9-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

wasnt that guy from star wars?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Guess the Markets are in Taurus the Dow ended up 124.17.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

Im tellin' you mang' Euro girls

I called the CAC-40 last night and had to swing some influence

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Now here is the third....

YOU NEED TO PREPARE FOR EXIT BY THE END OF THIS WEEK.

It don't get no better than this. Straight up.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138

So are you saying the 'top' is in?

I did find it funny that the market managed to erase just about all of last week's pullback in just Monday. You know what they say, "Buy high, sell low!"
(At least, that is what 'they' say to the little guys...)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hold on to your hats...er...well...your money (hopefully you are holding it is gold) that is....

World Bank President Zoellick: Today

Dont Take The Dollar's Sumpremacy For Granted!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander
With enough patience, we'll get the chance to relive the exciting days of September 2008
starsmedia.ign.com...

OMG!!!!!! Someone inflate an emergency air cushion!!! Hurry!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93f7f1ec01e2.jpg[/atsimg]

But only God can blow so fast!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Not every stock has to fall when markets do, plus its not like the market just goes down 600 points at a time etc..

Its a play also on strength of sector - plus at the same time without me even looking at technicals and just historical price action, I mean its a long term buy in my eyes regardless - but in this instance my friend it is 59 +/- and under 47 +/-

[edit on 28-9-2009 by GreenBicMan]

I wouldn't buy the equity I buy calls, which unfortunately depend of precision. When an expensive stock like WALMART barely moves, you are better off with calls. You do realize 100 shares of WMT shares costs around 5,000. And if WAL MART does go up 9 dollars as you say, you only make 900 dollars in like 3.5 months. It costs a lot to have to hold WMT, so the options markets are better when it comes to trading WMT imo.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138

And why do you need to prepare to exit by the end of this week? Do you follow the elliot wavers who say the next leg down is coming after sept. 29th?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I do realize.

You sound like the guy I was talking to.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I do realize.

You sound like the guy I was talking to.

I am retinoidreceptor my other user ID was deleted by moderators because supposedly I was racist in a thread. So now I have to use this one.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

ha, that makes sense, that must have been you that lit that cross on fire on my lawn

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

ha, that makes sense, that must have been you that lit that cross on fire on my lawn

Oh yeah I forgot that you were Middle Eastern or something so yeah, that probably was me
. I miss my other user name, the Nazioderators strike again...

I think I may just buy the 52.50 december calls soon. The options are really challenged because Wal Mart is acting like a POS and moves like a penny a day most of the time so the time and volatility is leaking out of the premium like...I can't think of an analogy, long day. But yeah...my analysis is, hopefully this year you see some piece of crap retail bankruptcies (like KMart gross). When that happens, people will flock to quality retailers because 1) they won't go bankrupt, 2) they will gain market share. Also the dollar should rally within a few months which will lower WMT costs since WMT imports everything. Though I don't know what the exchange rate looks like for the USD and Yuan.

Time is of the essence though. If you are right and WMT does go to 59 dollars, those 52.50 dec. calls could see a 1000% profit. Can you say sweet? Oh dreams...

new topics

top topics

<< 538  539  540    542  543  544 >>

join