It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 538
<< 535  536  537    539  540  541 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

As the original article states, 'if the Basel accords are implemented'. See, that's the qualifier. We have precedent of Basel I&II being implemented just before japans banking problems and again before the current crisis. Does that mean that we know Oct. will be when they do it? Course not. Only they know Their timing and the reasons for it.

The capability is there. Why is 200 Trillion of derivatives held off balance sheet otherwise? If they use a Basel accord AGAIN should we be surprised? Of course, since you don't see the basic premise of global control for the Bankers, it might not make sense.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
You think Obama appointing a IMF guy in the treasury is a coincidence? And that the swine flu fear mongering is a coincidence?

This whole thing is orchestrated... They want their NWO and they push it using crisis that they create.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
reply to post by stander

As the original article states, 'if the Basel accords are implemented'. See, that's the qualifier. We have precedent of Basel I&II being implemented just before japans banking problems and again before the current crisis. Does that mean that we know Oct. will be when they do it? Course not. Only they know Their timing and the reasons for it.

The capability is there. Why is 200 Trillion of derivatives held off balance sheet otherwise? If they use a Basel accord AGAIN should we be surprised? Of course, since you don't see the basic premise of global control for the Bankers, it might not make sense.

Japan's banking problem had nothing to do with Basel Accords. On the contrary: Japanese didn't handle well the transition from the safe mode to the more aggressive banking/investing the US style that began to spread around the world bringing about a quick buck, which led to the Basel conferences. Anyone who maintains that Basel recommendations were implemented in Japan and led to trouble there should be committed.

Just FYI:

Basel II is the second of the Basel Accords, which are recommendations on banking laws and regulations issued by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision. The purpose of Basel II, which was initially published in June 2004, is to create an international standard that banking regulators can use when creating regulations about how much capital banks need to put aside to guard against the types of financial and operational risks banks face. Advocates of Basel II believe that such an international standard can help protect the international financial system from the types of problems that might arise should a major bank or a series of banks collapse. In practice, Basel II attempts to accomplish this by setting up rigorous risk and capital management requirements designed to ensure that a bank holds capital reserves appropriate to the risk the bank exposes itself to through its lending and investment practices. Generally speaking, these rules mean that the greater risk to which the bank is exposed, the greater the amount of capital the bank needs to hold to safeguard its solvency and overall economic stability.

If Basel II had been fully implemented in the USA, then the financial meltdown would have never taken place. The Basel recommendations were not the type of mindless fear-mongering one comes across the web, as the US tax-payers found out later.

Of course the Basel ways to handle finances is extremely dangerous to the size of executive bonuses. But if you give up your third mistress and one of the villas in the Mediterranean, you may learn how to live with it -- 99.99% Americans do.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

I find it highly suspect that this Basel Accord was designed exactly to cover the very thing that happened...if that makes sense to you

And here we go again...

$ goes down...Stocks go up...

USD almost broke recent low 76.011

EUR hits a new high 1.48203

Spot Gold hits a high of $1019.40

At 9:35am:

USD 76.137

YEN 91.093 rising

Gold $1016.37

Art Cashin is so cool...mentions the Autumn Equinox and a Solar Flare is appearing

[edit on 9/22/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Anyone who maintains that Basel recommendations were implemented in Japan and led to trouble there should be committed.

There you go again!

IF Basel II had been implemented before? That's the whole point. They waited till after the capital requirements were so out of wack that a negative out come would be guarateed. Most of this is covered in the Web of Debt link I provide quite a few posts back.

Requiring derivatives to be taken on balance sheet after they've reached 200 TRILLION is from the same play book. So let me save you the work and tell you that IF these rules had been implemented before hand then there wouldn't be that many derivatives.

Oh, and anyone who thinks the Basel Accords are coincidental to economic hardship should be commited.
Just kidding.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well people more news in the saga of Americas recession.

FDIC May Ask Banks for a Bailout

Senior regulators say they are seriously considering a plan to have the nation’s healthy banks lend billions of dollars to rescue the insurance fund that protects bank depositors. That would enable the fund, which is rapidly running out of money because of a wave of bank failures, to continue to rescue the sickest banks.

The plan, strongly supported by bankers and their lobbyists, would be a major reversal of fortune.

Then you most wonder why the crocks and pimps are all for it.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Ooo Wee...

USD hit another new low today 76.003...

...might break the 76 handle!!!

75.89 is the 52 Wk low...

YEN rising...close to breaking 91 again...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well people more news in the saga of Americas recession.

The plan, strongly supported by bankers and their lobbyists, would be a major reversal of fortune.

Then you most wonder why the crocks and pimps are all for it.

www.cnbc.com...

They are for it, coz the only other way is to raise the insurance fee to keep the fund solvent. Fees never come back where they came from, so when the economy comes back to normal and the number of failed banks goes down, the banks would pay higher insurance then necessary. The FDIC would not lower the premium pointing toward too many DUIs on the bankers' driving record.

Suppose that the fund runs out of money. In that case bank deposits are not insured except those in Bank of Mattress.

[edit on 9/22/2009 by stander]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Seeing as most of the tax payer funds doled out to these banks are at the Fed for safe keeping at a very low interest rate, they probably see an opportunity to charge higher interest on it to the FDIC. While at the same time 'insuring themselves'. It's getting pretty bad when the economy is being sucked dry so the Gov't and Banks can circle jerk the money around till it's used up and come back for more.

Seeing as FDIC has a 500 Billion line from Treasury (the Printing Press), it seems they're trying to avoid that angle.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hmmm...(a filler line)...

USD broke 76.....

75.915...carp...hail equities!!!

75.89...52 Wk low...ready?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
So if there is a run on the banks the FDIC wants the banks to cover it??? That males about as much sense as...................nothing. :bnghd:

Looks like we will as be going to hell in a handcart at this rate.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Borrowing from the banks to insure the deposits in the banks. RIGHT

So let's see, If I buy a house & am required to insure the house against, say... flood, can I do like the FDIC is basically trying to do & write myself a guarantee of coverage against flood, in pen, at my kitchen table, sign it & present it to the mortgage companies & have it accepted?

Uh, NO

SO HOW THE HELL can the FDIC even consider this kind of stuff??

This administration has officially gone INSANE

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

Borrowing from the banks to insure the deposits in the banks. RIGHT

So let's see, If I buy a house & am required to insure the house against, say... flood, can I do like the FDIC is basically trying to do & write myself a guarantee of coverage against flood, in pen, at my kitchen table, sign it & present it to the mortgage companies & have it accepted?

Uh, NO

SO HOW THE HELL can the FDIC even consider this kind of stuff??

This administration has officially gone INSANE

The answer, my friend, is blowing with the wind...

They are, as we speak, writing a new CONSTITUTION

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
To me sounds like a revolving debt, the treasury and the fed had given them tax payer money as bailouts, then the banks now give loans to the FDIC so when the banks are again out of money the Treasury and Fed will give then another bailout.

Meaning a blank check with actually no cash value to be handle by promises back and for.

But when the amount of money is increased do to bad investments and loses the Fed and Treasury will have the promise of tax payer money to cover the differences.

See, this what the bailout bill was all about, a bottomless pit of promises of money at the expenses of tax payer so the banks never have to face bankruptcy, (I mean the too big to fail).

It seems that the Fed's idea sounds so good that the Treasury now is doing the same, keep the promises of money flowing and never run out of money in your life.

Do I make sense or I got all of you confused

[edit on 23-9-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Earnings for companies in the S&P 500 Index have fallen for a record eight straight quarters and will probably plunge 22 percent in the current period before growing 62 percent in the final three months of 2009, according to the average estimate of analysts surveyed by Bloomberg.

www.bloomberg.com...

ok so now revenues have fallen for 8 straight Q's....and will likely fall 22% this Q...BUT THE FORECAST FOR EARNINGS IN THE NEXT Q is STILL for growing 62% LOFL......how will this come about.....oh ya it WONT the establishment (read shill) economist's surveyed are trying to water the recovery story by pushing rosey 4'th Q earnings estimates.

This realization in the markets ( i have been saying for over 6 months now!) will be the markets demise....wether blamed on swine flu propoganda or not......the forecast for earnings to go from 8-9 consecutive falling quarters to turning on a dime and screaching up....is insane....is there a plan to double incomes or something that i haven't heard of?

S e r i o u s anyone have any comments on the4'th Q earnings dream forecast

[edit on 23-9-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here is the latest Bernanke Bank Beer (say that 5 times fast) they just tapped a new keg so beware of the foam.

Fed sees growth pickup, extends debt buying plan

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yeah, that's a good one. Things are looking so much better that we've decided to keep printing money.

Reminds me of the one from George Orwells 1984, 'Chocolate Rations are UP today'.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
LOL issues . . .

Buy-and-Hold Investing Makes A Return After Turbulent Year

For the past two years on Wall Street, the once-beloved buy-and-hold investment strategy was about as popular as swine flu.

With volatility running at historically high levels and investors looking for any safety valve they could find, the old tradition of sitting on stocks despite the gyrations in the market fell sharply out of flavor.

Yet now, with the market nearing its year-ago level and fear gauges back near normal, everything old is new again when it comes to investing.

What is going to happen when the Manual of Traditional Market Investing reminds everyone that the market level should be commensurate with traditional economic indicators? Would the unemployment figure above 9% and mediocre corporate earnings considerations rise from the ashes like Phoenix and soar and soar and soar . . .

There are two words that share the consonants S, T and H: SH-T and SOUTH.

...... agrhh......grhhhr.....
... sorry .....

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
What the heck is going on?

I went to run some errands and the market took a nose dive.

Dow 9,749.08 -80.79 -0.82%

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Fed slows $1.45T program to aid housing market

WASHINGTON (AP) -- With the U.S. economy on the mend, the Federal Reserve on Wednesday said it is slowing the pace of a program to lower mortgage rates and prop up the housing market.

Source

Everyday it seems like I'm in bizzaro world.

The 1.4T program did nothing to help citizens in the first place. That kool-aid must be super tasty.

top topics

<< 535  536  537    539  540  541 >>

join