It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 529
<< 526  527  528    530  531  532 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

I have one thing to say in reply to all these statements of it being over...

NONE OF THEM SAW THIS COMING.

None of these highly paid professionals now suggesting that everything will be fine had any clue about this before it happened, why should any of us suddenly just believe they know anything about it?

The mathematics do not lie. Countless bright minds have consistently pointed out that the entire U.S. financial system is built upon an unsustainable system of ever-increasing debt. The system is designed to suck money out of the pockets of the people and funnel it to the elite. Then more is needed, with debt, and the cycle continues.

Even without the financial crisis, this system was NEVER sustainable. It simply has to collapse at some time, and events before that will either bring the date forward or move it back.

The people on the ground know this, and many of the financial groups know it too, as made clear by the drop in markets as he was saying it.

It's a lie.
And he's not the only one lying.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It is feeding on lives.
Don't ever forget that.

It shapes the things to come...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

The republicans are fed up with the bail outs and loose money policy the democrats have been using to bring the economy out of recession. Clearly the Fed feels the recession "is most likely over" which would seem to allow for a reversal of the loose money policy unwinding the huge stimulus debt that we have been building.

The Fed does not have to overtly raise rates to start accomplishing this. Gold is up over $1000 an ounce which is a little disconcerting and natural gas has had a few volatile sessions the last couple days. Maybe the Fed needs to show the world what it can do to support the dollar from complete collapse?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromunclexcommunicate
reply to post by DangerDeath

The republicans are fed up with the bail outs and loose money policy the democrats have been using to bring the economy out of recession. Clearly the Fed feels the recession "is most likely over" which would seem to allow for a reversal of the loose money policy unwinding the huge stimulus debt that we have been building.

Hahaha... Yes, that old cliche is still going strong. Bail outs and loose money policy by the democrats yada yada yada... Nice little tug of war they have going on there, eh? Speaking of war, how much did the last 8 years cost and how much will the next 8?

We hear the rhetoric, but the game stays the same. No matter which party controls, they have to spend like crazy to keep this lead ship afloat.

Republicans talk like they could have done better, and the democrats sit there wondering where to throw some more money. In the end, the same pockets get lined.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
HSI is a beast lately.
+365

China falling

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
HSI is a beast lately.
+365

China falling

WalMart is under 50 dollars now. Their 52 week low is like 46.25...That didn't rally at all.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Its time to shine

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

New days low for USD 76.262

New days low for YEN 90.224

New high for EUR 1.47082

New days high for Gold 1016.85

[edit on 9/16/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

The US dollar slaughter continues.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

Shore nuff...

USD new day low 76.187

YEN 90.123

Hmmm...GBP up over 1.65 again...

Gold $1018.90 and rising...

Blockbuster to close 22% / 900+ stores...guess Comcarp shares are set to rise eh? :shk:

twitter.com...

UK unemployment hits 7.9%, up 0.7% in three months to July, officials say. 38 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

2.47 million British people are now unemployed, the highest number in 14 years and up 743,000 over a year, official figures show. 29 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Bank of America, Citigroup, Credit Card Defaults Soar To New Highs
globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com...

[edit on 9/16/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Doesn't anybody believe the end of September predictions?

I'm going to hold my March stocks until the end of September. Then sell them and buy that triple short ETF thingamabob FAZ. That is going to rule!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

When it comes to politics, economy is always just an excuse. Politicians never know s##t about economics. Don't ever believe in that illusion. Politics is founded upon raw force and compliance of people who are willing to serve at the expense of the others. War is needed to sustain THAT system, not economic system.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
Doesn't anybody believe the end of September predictions?

I'm going to hold my March stocks until the end of September. Then sell them and buy that triple short ETF thingamabob FAZ. That is going to rule!

Six weeks.... that's the magic number....

You see there is something no one is talking about.
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner has asked congress to boost the debt limit, before it hits the current debt limit of $12.1 trillion. That will happen in six weeks at the current rate of spending.

what happens if they reach that limit in six weeks... Nothing... that's right nothing, the government will be forced to shut down its spending for the rest of the fiscal year. TARP comes to a screeching halt. If the FDIC runs out of funds due to all the failed banks, to bad so sad... no money for stimulus programs no nothing everything out of Washington comes to a stop....

Six weeks left... to soon to say if congress will act or not? but if it's all going to come crashing down it will happen in six weeks

[edit on 16-9-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

Just sold my FAZ this morning from yesterdays high. Only made $63!
Guess I shouldn't complain I had it invested for less than an hour.
As long as the dollar index remains unpredictable this is just gambling.

Al thinks we are still going to see more disinflation.

Former Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan, speaking yesterday to an investor conference sponsored by Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., said inflation will continue to cool until next year.

www.bloomberg.com...

That doesn't put much pressure on the Fed to strengthen the dollar.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The question everyone should be asking is when does the government want the markets to go down again? They wanted markets to go down earlier this year, for example, to pass the stimulus and keep rates low. The most bullish indicator was when Bernanke said he would print over a trillion dollars to buy debt. This would mean the government did not need to scare the market participants anymore in order for them to run to gov. debt.

Now...maybe the most bearish thing will be when the Fed begins to stop buying gov. debt and the government will then force banks to cash out their gains in the equity markets to prop up the ponzi scheme in the treasury markets.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

The Fed said they would continue to buy back treasuries till November. The latest round of September auctions for 10, 20 and 30 year paper were reported very well bid with buyers taking the flight to quality. No numbers were released about how many of those sales were bought back through the bond agencies that work for the Fed.

The Fed is not going to suddenly announce to the world markets the date of the apocalypse in advance, so that leaves us investors with a major problem to resolve.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I believe Ben stated they will stop buying in December?

I think RHatty posted this, but I cant remember for sure.

Btw, this market action is great, although I wouldnt be short yet.

Natty Gas on a tizzear as well.. congrats to whoever had the brass balls to be in that from 2.50

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I wish I had seen this thread before! A little while back, I thought I would have a go at Contract For Difference trading (CFDs), so I deposited £1,000 with CityIndex and pressed the wrong buttons - seriously - and lost £1,000 in 24 hours flat on a downward FTSE!

Losing the £1,000 was upsetting and frustrating, but what was really disappointing is that CityIndex offers loads of free airmiles to new customers as enticement, and when I enquired how many airmiles I'd earnt they said none! (Even though it said 150 free airmiles with your first trades).

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Bernanke seem to have resolved the issue of how to comment on the state of the economy. The most beneficial line appears to be the one he's using often: The economy is about to be released from the hospital; the nurse is calling a taxicab. But that means that stock is undervalued in a broad sense. When the fixed economy asks for the unemployed to come back to work, the companies will come up much better earning reports -- they will be worth more looking at the improvement from the view of a traditional investor. Isn't it time to buy the undervalued stock in a broad range sweep?

Most fund managers are financiers, not economists with access to the pertinent data who are skillful enough to unbias the stat. So they will keep the trip within the speed limit watching carefuly for stop signs. If you look at today Dow chart, you see that shortsellers got kind of lost in the crowd who really can't stay behind.

Mr. Economy! The cab is here for you. Nancy helps you to the lobby. Byeeee.

www.pauljking.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDailyPlanet

Im not from your side of the ocean, what are you speaking about here my friend?

<< 526  527  528    530  531  532 >>

join