It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 528
<< 525  526  527    529  530  531 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The greatest news of today, people,

Retail Sales Report Indicates Consumer Are Spending Again

Now does that figures include the success of the Clunkers program to foreign car dealers?

I'll take your greatest news and raise you one!

Bernanke Says U.S. Recession ‘Very Likely’ Has Ended

AWWWW YEEEAAAA BoyEEEEEE!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

I don't think anyone trusts what these guys are saying. We've been lied to so many times by the gov, that it is almost impossible to. Furthermore, it seems 'strange' that they said we were plummeting to the depths of hell in January-early February, and now recession is over and everything is good again. That was short.............

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
GBM:

So today the october natural gas contract is rallying again. UNG will be rolling their futures contracts to the November contracts, which is considerably more expensive (it was like a dollar more expensive at one point which is a lot when a commodity contract that you are holding is only 2.60/contract). This would have destroyed UNG's share price and reputation.

October has rallied more than 30% from the lows and November is actually down now, so the spread has decreased substantially. Someone described this as UNG being very lucky. Uh huh...I don't believe much in luck. But I do believe in manipulation.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Here's my translation of the GEAB report of september 15.

In summary...

The whole economy is still collapsing. The stock market is only going up because of MASSIVE money injection in the markets. This money should have been used to fix the underlying problems, it was not. (as Stiglitz said)

The numbers are manipulated..and everyday, differents numbers tell different things. There's chaos.

The time for solutions is passed. There's no turning back. The US dollar, US treasuries, UK and british pound will be in big trouble. No way to fix it now, too late.

This fall, we'll be hit by massive corporation failures, more unemployment and currencies going down (especially US$ and british pound)

Any shock WILL collapse the system. Financial, geopolitic or natural.

Lots of states will have bigger and bigger deficits. Income taxes will go up (no kidding).

Container shipping in dollar/day...1st half of 2008 VS 1st half of 2009 : -19.2% (America) -17.8% (Europe) -14.8% (Asia) -15.7%(World)

To ``save`` the US economy, the US government would have to push a ``stimulus plan`` of 2.5 TRILLION every year. Way more than the 700 billions over 2 years...

Asia and Europe too are in big trouble.

All over the world there's a lot of things that will hit this fall:
- The reality of millions of people with no jobs, affecting badly the social and political stability of countries.
- Massive explosion of companies/public funds/cities failures and deficits.
- US dollar in big trouble.

Europe and Asia in better ``shape`` to fight the consequences...US and UK are the worst affected.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hmmm...

Gold rising...AGAIN...$1006.45

New high for the EUR... 1.46779

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yes, my friend you have nailed the issue to the spot, the nation is in chaos, more than people even realized unless they are hit by the bad economy head on.

You are right states are struggling, taxes has been raised and people are still losing jobs at record pace.

Yes the so call economic stimulus to help hire workers and provide a boost in jobs is not working

I don't know about you but in my neck of the woods the city paved one mile Road in the back woods and put a big sign that said, "Paid by The economy stimulus funds" so people can say that something is been done.

Deceptions.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Bernanke: Recession 'Likely Over', Recovery to Be Slow

That Bernanke sounds like a broken record. We heard this line in June. We need to see some tangible evidence that private companies are no longer in need to be nursed by the government -- that the government will end it's ownership of troubled companies and let the capitalists rise and shine.

Citi shares down on concerns of US government sale

Easy, easy! Just don't collapse the market by selling the shares back to the capitalists in bulk.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hmmm...

CNBS showing the USD moving lower now... 76.45?

EUR 146.856

Oil up over $2.22...$71+ now

Gold $1007.70

[edit on 9/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Natural gas futures are up 6% tonight after a 16% rise today. Jesus f*king christ.............

Yeah, that sucks. I hate this volatility too. I overcooked my beans the other day toilet bound. I'm tired of resetting the kitchen timer all the time.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Actually I think he meant the price of the Commodity...not the PSI being injected into you stoves burner...

NGV9 Natural Gas 3.3710

USD new days low... 76.407

COMEX Gold $1009

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
yikes!

bear flag looks busted again, now 2 out of 4 overall in this current rally since march, that is if it doesnt finish up more than 30 points (dow)

its funny, because first one was right, 2nd one was wrong, 3rd was right, and this 4th one looks wrong.. perhaps an interesting pattern forming, but wouldnt put too much into that

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Sounds like catering to the ETF, this could be written in their "rule book" but if you can dig up a prospectus it may be perfectly legal, but I am not sure as the future contract is really the only thing I follow..

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

The Dow broke 9700 today but it has been struggling considering all the positive news. I'm bearish again, the stock markets look like they are running out of steam.

Edit:

I always respect your opinion GBM, and I am basing my opinion on the fact that optimism amongst investors is very high with good news being reported in the media. Ben stating that the recession is over was icing on the cake!

[edit on 15-9-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
May seem nonsensical now, but it looks like market needs to make fools of more people

Its really hard to call the market right now, if anything I would just be out.. but I think SP500 has about another 25-50 points up its sleeve before the next mini correction..

If we dont slam back to even +/-30 b4 close, thats where I would be sitting

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

agree sorta - i think its really maxed out range wise right now, but thats when everyone gets made a fool of - like i said if we dont slam back to even for the day I gotta be

1)out

2)in with tight stop and sell limit SP500+25

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ooooo...

GOP: No more government bailouts; bankruptcy works
Republican lawmakers seek to set up independent trust for AIG, GM, Citigroup
www.marketwatch.com...

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Republican lawmakers gathered in Washington on Tuesday to promote their proposals to expedite the bankruptcy process, create a trust for large problem institutions and express their belief that the White House and Democratic regulatory-reform plans will simply enshrine a bailout culture by continuing the policies of the past.

"We need to end the bailouts once and for all," said Rep. Spencer Bachus, R-Ala., ranking member of the House Financial Services Committee.

Bachus and other GOP lawmakers discussed a regulatory-reform plan that was largely similar to one promoted by the group, in June. However, the group introduced new additional legislation, including a measure that would create an independent trust for American International Group Inc., Citigroup Inc., General Motors and Chrysler -- all large recipients of taxpayer assistance in 2008 and earlier this year. The goal is to insulate the government stakes, which include an 80% interest in AIG, from political pressures and government intervention.

COMEX Gold futures $1010...we're getting up there...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Republican lawmakers gathered in Washington on Tuesday to promote their proposals to expedite the bankruptcy process, create a trust for large problem institutions and express their belief that the White House and Democratic regulatory-reform plans will simply enshrine a bailout culture by continuing the policies of the past.

And who will contribute to the trust fund. Bill Gates?
Are the bank execs going to cut their bonuses by 95% and send the larger portion to the trust fund the size of $1 trillion -- the money needed to resuscitate the American Dream weavers?

The spirit of George III is well and alive on Capitol Hill: taxation without representation is a fair deal these days. I wonder if the sole contribution to the fund by the taxpayers wouldn't hurt the economy? Ouuuuuch.
Aah, the Chinese will take care of it.

[edit on 9/15/2009 by stander]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Its really hard to call the market right now ...

Are you serious? The Dow is enjoying a very pleasant, unubstructed stroll to 10k.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by stander

Actually I think he meant the price of the Commodity...not the PSI being injected into you stoves burner...

Are you suuuuuuuure?

You better check the pilot light assembly in your oven.
www.ipaa.org...
I think the price of NG will go sharply up and stabilizes somewhere around 10,000 F.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

you could be very right

but i think 25 or so more sp 500 points more at most = 150-200 on the dow.. ill say 9900 just to undercut you wheel of fortune style

top topics

<< 525  526  527    529  530  531 >>

join