It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 526
<< 523  524  525    527  528  529 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Futures are now down over 1%. Haven't seen such an anomaly in a very long time.

Turbulent times ahead. Slight panic is in the making. The financials are not actually stable. They were regarded as being in a serious but stable condition, but now complications set in. Bernanke is up to sleepless nights, I guess.

Well when a nobel prize winning economist who tells it like it is like Stiglitz... investors are backed into the real world... or they know that their con game is over and that the moms and pops (maybe even GBM) that the whole rally was based on BS.

And some news from Phoenix...

"It's devastating. It's much worse than the worst-case scenario," Budget-strapped Phoenix faces more cuts

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Nikkei 22509/14 - close 10,202.06 -242.27 ( - 2.32%)

www.nni.nikkei.co.jp...

So now that the Asian market dipped will the American follow? I am not educated in the ways of the stock so forgive my ignorance...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Futures are now down over 1%. Haven't seen such an anomaly in a very long time.

Turbulent times ahead. Slight panic is in the making. The financials are not actually stable. They were regarded as being in a serious but stable condition, but now complications set in. Bernanke is up to sleepless nights, I guess.

China is up 1% though, and it seems that the futures are up slightly from the lows in response to China...though surprisingly oil did not follow.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Well when a nobel prize winning economist who tells it like it is like Stiglitz... investors are backed into the real world... or they know that their con game is over and that the moms and pops (maybe even GBM) that the whole rally was based on BS.

That's not what is it all about. The traders went against growing unemployment figures with ease. Some recommendations about how the banking industry should look like won't phase them. There are supposed to be some problems of the last September kind. Maybe it's just a rumor, but that's what the traders understand the most.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

There are supposed to be some problems of the last September kind. Maybe it's just a rumor, but that's what the traders understand the most.

I only heard of that one bank rumor. Have you heard anything else?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I only heard of that one bank rumor. Have you heard anything else?

Nothing specific. More to be known tomorrow. -- who gets interviewed by the media that report on economy, finances and stuff.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
NIKKEI is moderately vomiting tonight, but the shares of Japan Airlines are up by 8%!
I guess it's high time to leave the land of the rising sun and falling market.
:lol

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

NIKKEI is moderately vomiting tonight, but the shares of Japan Airlines are up by 8%!
I guess it's high time to leave the land of the rising sun and falling market.
:lol

I want to go take a trip somewhere...
. I think I like the markets so much because it makes me feel connected to the rest of the world instead of being stuck in just 'my life'.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

I just found out that the rumor about the bank problem spread around the globe.

Sept. 14 (Bloomberg) -- Japanese stocks fell, sending the Topix index to its lowest level in almost seven weeks, after the yen appreciated against the dollar and on concern the global banking system has yet to stabilize.

[edit on 9/14/2009 by stander]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I took a peek at the NIKKEI curve.

The shortsellers couldn't lift it up in the morning; it only managed to go ahead horizontally before the squirrels quit and the descend continued. But it looks like one-day "adjustment" only, coz a major loss of confidence doesn't look horizontal throughout.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I want to go take a trip somewhere...

Too bad it's off topic -- I can't really write here about Vincent who "took a trip somewhere." That's the most incredible true story ever told.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It looks that today at 12:10 the market will be heading south reacting to a bad news -- I mean very bad news:

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama will try Monday to revive a stalled push for stricter oversight of Wall Street, using the anniversary of Lehman Brothers' collapse to argue for sweeping regulatory changes.

Obama's wide-ranging economic address in New York will also discuss plans to unwind the government's involvement in the financial sector and call upon Wall Street firms to take responsibility and avoid reckless behavior. He is to speak at 12:10 p.m. EDT.

Fed may get greater powers
Obama would give the Federal Reserve new powers to monitor big financial firms that could pose a "systemic risk" to the economy. He would also set up a process for the federal government to seize and liquidate troubled financial firms and create a new consumer watchdog agency for products like mortgages, car loans and credit cards.

Obama seems to compare the Wall St. boys to sex offenders who need to be monitored in their activities. Maybe that's because Wall St. is screwing the economy up it's . . .

So the Dow chart will surely show how the Wall St. feels about those "greater powers." But the trip to the south would be only symbolic, coz Wall St. boys have friends in the right places:

But as Obama prepares to deliver the speech at the historic Federal Hall in the heart of Wall Street, the regulatory reform effort has hit resistance in Congress, casting doubt on Obama's goal of enacting the legislation by year end.

The People don't desire any regulations; the People are ready to bail out any bonuses eating execs whenever they get into trouble.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Looks like everything dropped overnight even gold dropped back to $995. The markets should be trading range bound this week unless we get some news. What kind of signals are investors looking for in Obama's speech today? The charts are getting harder to read than an Irish Kerbstone. Why did the market close almost exactly at the 9/11/2001 level Friday, is there supposed to be some 8 year cycle event that links the two dates?

plans to unwind the government's involvement in the financial sector

They are having Obama explain this instead of Bernanke interesting.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by fromunclexcommunicate
Looks like everything dropped overnight even gold dropped back to $995. The markets should be trading range bound this week unless we get some news. What kind of signals are investors looking for in Obama's speech today? The charts are getting harder to read than an Irish Kerbstone. Why did the market close almost exactly at the 9/11/2001 level Friday, is there supposed to be some 8 year cycle event that links the two dates?

I've been reading about the close on Friday being 9605, the same as on 9/10/01 (it didn't open on 9/11 did it?)

It's a bit curious and I don't believe in coincidence so I'd really like to know where I can look to see if it's ever before closed on the same numbers, on the same date, but a different year?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
DJ is down 60 points in pretrading.

Dow Jones -60.00 9471.00 9/14 8:51am

Premarket Data

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
S&P open for 3 whole minutes and the volume hits......
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH 9:33am ET
1,036.44 6.29 0.60% 1,040.15 1,042.73
^SPX 148,948,179

WOW lots going to be moving around today it would seem! Perhaps we are indeed in for a bumpy ride this week.. Who knows they can not seem to make up their minds as to where it is all headed anymore as it is.

and six minutes in we are at....
Someone is moving

[edit on 14-9-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
More bad news for the Job market,

Drugmaker Eli Lilly to Cut Jobs, Reorganize

Drugmaker Eli Lilly & Co says it will eliminate thousands of jobs and reorganize into five business units in an effort to slash costs and speed up development of potential new drugs.

The Indianapolis company says it will reduce its work force to 35,000 by the end of 2011. It has about 40,500 now, according to Thomson.

www.cnbc.com...

Maybe if they stop wasting millions up to billions on lobbying campaign they may have money left to keep paying their workers.

This stupid companies doesn't understand that when they cut jobs and salaries they are also cutting into the profit makers that is generated from consumers that can afford their crap.

Incredible I wonder where this people got their degrees in economics.

Is going to be a lot more loses when people already without jobs can not afford their medications.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
wow natty gas again today..

wonder what ray "the dream" and oil barron have going on lately

oil barron is looking weak, although I just cannot go against him since he has made some great calls in the past (oil going over 100 a barrel last year)

if I knew this guy i would ask him, but if i hear anything i will post it as well...

US dollar was doing well this morning and things were looking as i thought.. although we are seeing a slight turnaround even after obama's regulation nation speech..

interesting things going on, but as of now I still stand by everything i said as of last friday

[edit on 14-9-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

That's not what is it all about. The traders went against growing unemployment figures with ease. Some recommendations about how the banking industry should look like won't phase them. There are supposed to be some problems of the last September kind. Maybe it's just a rumor, but that's what the traders understand the most.

Yo Vit, come on dogg I thought you would be over this Dow 7000 and lower tanking bit by now.

At those levels the USA was priced for destruction, I keep saying it, but I guess I will have to.

We wont see those levels again for a very long time if ever hopefully.

We have about a 95% better chance of see DOW 14,000 next year than 7000 IMHO

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
wow natty gas again today..

wonder what ray "the dream" and oil barron have going on lately

oil barron is looking weak, although I just cannot go against him since he has made some great calls in the past (oil going over 100 a barrel last year)

if I knew this guy i would ask him, but if i hear anything i will post it as well...

US dollar was doing well this morning and things were looking as i thought.. although we are seeing a slight turnaround even after obama's regulation nation speech..

interesting things going on, but as of now I still stand by everything i said as of last friday

[edit on 14-9-2009 by GreenBicMan]

This is my conspiracy theory on natural gas right now. If you know or not, UNG, basically the buyer of 90% of natural gas contracts was allowed to issue new shares. It was trading at a premium (like 14%) which would make the stock crash once they increase shares. Not to mention the huge contango in forward months would add to the loss of UNG longs and deter other longs from buying in. The total loss would have been like 25% if natural gas went down a little bit. This would really piss retailers off.

My theory is, UNG is propping the price of natural gas up so their scam (oops I mean business) can continue...The true test is going to be Thursday. If you look, UNG is actually up over 1% today, which is very nice considering pre markets it was down as far as 10% at 6:30Am and 7% AH on Friday...

[edit on 14-9-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

new topics

top topics

<< 523  524  525    527  528  529 >>

join