It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 504
<< 501  502  503    505  506  507 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

So they think they can get away with scamming stupid investors with their bundle packages

www.opednews.com...

Looking at this summer's sucker's rally, I'd say they were pretty successful! Sure, I was looking at 10,xxx as the top, but where we ended up is about right. I guess we should start thinking about where we will end up.

The weather sure is cool here in the northeast yet I feel like putting on some shorts.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

GOP Lawmakers Call for Audit of AIG Trust
WASHINGTON -- Two senior House Republican lawmakers are calling for an audit of the trust set up to manage the government's 80% stake in American International Group Inc., claiming the trustees are free to act against the wishes of U.S. taxpayers and officials.

Source

I hope we see a lot of audit's this fall including the Mafia....I mean the FED.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Interesting read:

Today the 9296 mark is the point where they start curbing program traders on the Dow.

The NYSE restriction on program trades stays in place until the Dow Jones returns to within 100 points of the previous day's closing price; or, until the end of the trading day at 3:00 CT. The restrictions will be re-imposed each time the Dow Jones advances or declines 200 points. NYSE Trading Curbs apply only to our firm's (and other program trading firm's) computer assisted program trades.

Once the NYSE program trading collar is in place, Program Selling can be executed only on an up-tick. That means that the last trade was executed at a higher price than the trade before it. Program Buying can be executed only on a down-tick. That means that the last trade was executed at a lower price than the trade before it.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hm...what do we have here. I sold my SPY puts and we come tumbling down

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I wonder when someone notices the source of the problem.
farm4.static.flickr.com...

How deep down the pipes will the Dow go today? This thing appears to be past the strong rebound at 3:45. Would those "great bargains" go unnoticed today?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
Wow guys, one down day and everyone and their brother is back at it again.

Its pretty laughable around here sometimes, but I still enjoy it. Keep it up guys.

Good point, it is only one down day. But you know it was coming and you know -2% at mid-day is noteworthy. A big sell-off from here? Probably not. Something brewing as we near the holiday weekend? Very likely.

I think the rally is coming to a close. You know a LOT more about the technicals, but I go by spidey-sense.

Sure, there will be ups and downs as we go along, but many have been expecting this next trend downward despite all of the green sh-ts. I hate the green sh-ts.

It is all good as long as we are all laughing.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

"The chatter from (some) hedge funds is that there is a bank default"

NO YOU THINK?

ALL BIG BANKS ARE IN DEFAULT. They've been in default since september last year. But of course, we gave them trillion...

THEY ARE JUST A BUNCH OF ENRONS, SCAMS.

Close the 5 biggest banks.

- AIG
- JP MORGAN
- BAC
- GS
- Citigroup

The FED!

NUKE THEM FROM ORBIT!

I say that if big hedge funds are tired of those scammers, they should use their power to bring them down by force. Just spread rumors about them that they gonna collapse, or short them with billions of $.

It may cost a lot now, but in the end, it will be better for EVERYBODY, except those sons of ******.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

All the elliot wave theorists are saying the rally has topped out now. So who knows...

EDIT: Just to add, what is causing the angst is the possibility of a large bank failure (at least there seems to be some rumors about that) which is causing a sell off in financials. We will have to see.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Leverage Rising on Wall Street - Bloomberg

Back to their old tricks

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
They say that a drowning person would clutch at a straw . . .

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

EDIT: Just to add, what is causing the angst is the possibility of a large bank failure (at least there seems to be some rumors about that) which is causing a sell off in financials. We will have to see.

There has been no single economic indicator negative enough to send the market packing. But a rumor about a larger financial failure can do the job.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Obama just popped up on TV to tell everyone that he had good news that the economy was getting better. People are buying stuff again, woohoo we are saved! Keep buying stuff, especially bobble heads! save the economy so we can stay in power!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Yes I was listening, he also said that the flu shots are voluntarily but that the government will strongly encourage you to have them so are we to read in between the lines?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by warrenb

Yes I was listening, he also said that the flu shots are voluntarily but that the government will strongly encourage you to have them so are we to read in between the lines?

Strongly voluntarily ... he he he

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Here's the speech

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Not forced, just made to comply by fearmongering and threats of jail and fines.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Yes and all the EW people were predicting we woul never get over 8500 either.. EW is in the eye of the beholder IMO, no one has ever been able to prove me wrong either as I have never found 2 people to agree on which is exactly a b1, c hit etc. down the line..

Thats not to say there have been claims it is the holy grail - I have gotten though about 100 pages of a 400 pg book at one point and just quit because there is too much analyzing in certain forms for me to even want to persue.

There are people on a few message boards that claim after years and years of wave and Volume analysis combined knowledge, then yes it can be done, but I have yet to see that in application and not just talk

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

As much as people might like that at "face value" I hate that because it again removes liquidity from the market and doesn't make any sense IMO -

To me:

Lower liquidity = Lower profits

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If you would like some real news here I talked with Karl Denninger, he doesnt believe the rally will last.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander
They say that a drowning person would clutch at a straw . . .

Isn't it some kind of anniversary today -- like heavy-duty one?
www.mcallen.net...

top topics

<< 501  502  503    505  506  507 >>

join