It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 481
<< 478  479  480    482  483  484 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

looks like still holding that 20 EMA DAILY as well.. like I said I wanna see it hold 2 days in a row

[edit on 18-8-2009 by GreenBicMan]

What's the difference between holding it for 2 days in a row versus it not holding after those two days? Like...wouldn't it be just as bad if the 20ema didn't hold on Friday as it would tomorrow?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

i am using chances of holding and climbing and giving my future opinion (just calling out a guess).. usually when we do it we hold for > 1 day and see an inside bar (which we didnt get today)

anyways.. just a guess

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And the stealing won't end until at least June 30, 2010...

Fed Extends TALF for Commercial Real Estate

Propping up the market until the end times?

What the hell is China doing?
China is Again Buying Long-Term U.S. Treasuries . . . Does That Mean China is Betting on Deflation?

China’s holdings of notes and bonds climbed $26.6 billion in June to $617.7 billion, a 4.5 percent increase, while bill holdings fell 25 percent to $158.7 billion, the Treasury’s data showed.

Anyway this whole thing would mean that China believes the US will go into deflation?

Found this article that says that China actually reduced its holdings of US debt.

China reduced its holdings of US government debt by the largest margin in nearly nine years in June, according to data from the US Treasury.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
We do something new based on the volume moves. The method I was using took into account data from the same session, and it proved to be boringly successful. There is no challenge in it any more. And so I was thinking to bounce volume indexed prices into the next day. So I did it and the result is that tomorrow the Dow will gain 54 points. That means not 53 nor 55 -- just cool 54. The problem is that I have to quote myself tomorrow, and if I miss, I have to eat my own sh-t. And so if I do miss due to some incredibly freaky circumstance, I delete this post, so no one would find out that I f*cked up. My maternal great-great-grandmother worked in the White House, and she passed the wisdom she learned there on the next generations.

There is a rationale that the projection is floating on: Mr. Goldman bought some of the "undersold" stuff back today encouraging others to follow suit. There is plenty of "bargain" waiting for the "insiders" tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

I eat my own sh-t for breakfast every day. Get used to it making calls based on index's lol

btw friends, I may be lining up with a prop firm very soon *** wish me luck bc my current situation is poor/awful

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

54 points sounds about right leaving out any human exuberance factor. Note GBM is still watching for Asian shark fins before jumping in the water. I'm sure most traders have superstitions about how long to stay out after a drop. I agree Thursday is probably when everyone starts jumping back in.

The first tick in the Nikkei is down 13.50

[edit on 18-8-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

yes.. TONIGHT will be very telling to see where the dip will be in the ES

If we can hold these levels I will very much be interested in tomorrow

In private conversations I have said I believe this week will be positive at some point at the end just around flat this week.

Time will tell i suppose

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

I may be lining up with a prop firm very soon

Not to be confused with us hacks that pump and dump FAS and FAZ for kicks.
You mentioned that you were hoping to become licensed 7 so is that going to be a requirement? Sounds like a dream come true you should do great, your the money leader on our board!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

Correct..

I am basically ready to take the 7 - but am finishing up paying off all my DEBT LOL!!! FINRA does not appreciate debt apparently lol

That is def. not the part that worries me.. the parts that do are stepping into a new environment I am really not familiar with and all the pressure that would ensue. Hopefully my Algo's hold the test of time.

Thanks for your support

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

btw friends, I may be lining up with a prop firm very soon *** wish me luck bc my current situation is poor/awful

I do wish you luck. Maybe you will be one of the head traders at Goldman taking home 50 million in their technical analysis department!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Well, while that may be a ways off, I am certainly looking to learn more than I know now, which I am sure I will. At no point of course have I ever said I know everything, and as I have said I learn something new, or learn a new lesson discretionary trading everyday.

I think if I am in that position, I might have a "BLUE HORSESHOE LOVES ANACOTT STEEL" guy in my back pocket hahahaha

We will see, the prop. firm in chicago looks so sweet too... hopefully this works izzout

EDIT: in the meantime, it would be really sweet to move out of my parents house, which is #1 priority hahahahaha

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I do wish you luck. Maybe you will be one of the head traders at Goldman taking home 50 million in their technical analysis department!

Either that or...

1) Arrested for taking your code with you if you transfer...

2) Arrested for HFT with your code...

3) Arrested for association...

4) Arrested for just plain taking home 50 million...

Things are looking up in the ol' Traders Market eh?

Good Luck...

[edit on 8/18/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Haha yeah...though living in your parents house is not so abnormal at this time at your age. It happens. It isn't as lame as popular culture makes it out to be. Though I would hate to do that. But still, it is nice living alone. I like living alone

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Bad banks -- They're baaack!

Seeking to lure more buyers at a time of intense distress, the FDIC has dusted off the oft-touted, but rarely used, plan of setting up bad banks. Will it work this time?
money.cnn.com...

NEW YORK (Fortune) -- Facing mounting bank failures, regulators are putting a new twist on a familiar idea: splitting a bank's good assets from the bad ones.

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. said last month it would consider splitting the toxic assets of a failed bank from its more valuable parts, such as deposits and loans that aren't going sour.

The goal is to help the FDIC, facing the biggest wave of bank failures in almost two decades, find new buyers for the remains of failed banks while limiting losses on its depleted insurance fund.

"This helps us widen the net in marketing bank assets," said FDIC spokesman David Barr. "When you have the inventory we have, you look for different ways to try to sell it."
More at link...

Pimco Says Dollar to Fall as It Loses Reserve Status (Update1)
www.bloomberg.com...

Aug. 19 (Bloomberg) -- Pacific Investment Management Co., which runs the world’s biggest bond fund, said the dollar will probably fall as it loses its status as a reserve currency.

The dollar will especially drop against emerging-market counterparts, Curtis A. Mewbourne, a Pimco portfolio manager, wrote in a report on the company’s Web site. Investors should consider cutting their holdings of the U.S. currency, he said.

“While we have not yet reached the point where a new global reserve currency will arise, we are clearly seeing a loss of status for the U.S. dollar as a store of value even in the absence of a single viable alternative,” Mewbourne wrote.

The Dollar Index, which Intercontinental Exchange Inc. uses to track the greenback against the currencies of six major U.S. trading partners including the euro and yen, fell about 3 percent this year.

Pimco, based in Newport Beach, California, is a unit of Munich-based insurer Allianz SE.

Ewww...this doesn't bode well...Hmmm...

...First I've heard of a PIMPCO guy talking this angle up... :shk:

[edit on 8/18/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I did for a while too, until I found myself pacing around my apt. endlessly, and Im serious when I say that.. I didnt have my ADHD med. back then though lol...

I wouldnt mind living in Chi-town though as opposed to Bradenton.. should find a couple more things to do I suppose lol

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Luckily I wear a pair of black leather gloves everywhere I go my friend lol

and dont forget the bruno's

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Speaking of not boding well, lookie what I found in a CHINA online news source

China massively offloads US debt holdings first time in 2009
According to the data published by the US Treasury Department on August 17, by the end of June, China's holdings of US Treasury Bonds (T-bonds) totaled 776.4 billion USD, down 25.1 billion, or 3.13 percent compared with the country's 801.5 billion USD T-bonds holdings in May, indicating China's first massive offload of US debt in 2009.

Japan, the second biggest holder of US T-bonds has purchased 34.6 billion USD of US T-bonds in June, adding its total US T-bonds holdings to 711.8 billion USD. The UK, US debt's third biggest holder, holds 214 billion USD T-bonds by the end of June, up 50.2 billion, or 30.6 percent compared to its 163.8 billion USD of US debt holdings in May.

China has offloaded 4.4 billion USD of US T-bonds in April and increased its holdings by 38 billion USD in May.

By People's Daily Online

paper.people.com.cn...

English Source

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromunclexcommunicate
reply to post by stander

54 points sounds about right leaving out any human exuberance factor.

Thanks a lot . . .

Now I can't delete my post in a case of emergency, coz you quoted me.

I think there will be some selling pressure throughout the day tomorrow, coz lots of market advisers regard the bullish development as a bunch of bull (bunch of bear?) that doesn't sit well with reality and have advised their clients accordingly.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Rut Ro...

Shanghai Composite 2,827.53 1:45AM ET Down 83.36 (2.86%)
Shanghai Composite 2,794.75 1:51AM ET Down 116.13 (3.99%)
Shanghai Composite 2,834.74 2:06AM ET Down 76.14 (2.62%)
Shanghai Composite 2,825.99 2:10AM ET Down 84.90 (2.92%)
Shanghai Composite 2,819.12 2:13AM ET Down 91.77 (3.15%)

China Stocks Fall, Driving Shanghai Composite Index Close to Bear Market
www.bloomberg.com...

Yen Rises Against Euro as Plunge in Chinese Stocks Spurs Demand for Safety
www.bloomberg.com...

Nikkei 225 10,204.00 2:00AM ET Down 80.96 (0.79%)

Straits Times 2,536.47 2:22AM ET Down 31.25 (1.22%)

BSE 30 14,808.66 2:19AM ET Down 226.60 (1.51%)

DJIA FV Futures 9193.94 9145.0 -48.94
S&P FV Futures 987.97 982.4 -5.57

Gold $936.03
Oil $69.05

Yen 94.28

[edit on 8/19/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Are China and Japan still buying US treasuries because in the future, when the US dollar collapse, those treasuries will be turned into SDRs or World Bank treasuries?

Because... otherwise the US dollar cannot collapse... can you imagine Japan losing half + of it's 700+ billion of US treasuries? Japan would be in deep **** China too...

So me thinks even if the dollar collapse, those treasuries will be turned into World Bank treasuries and the US will have to pay those to the world bank.

top topics

<< 478  479  480    482  483  484 >>

join