It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 466
<< 463  464  465    467  468  469 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

This is probably going to be a good week to be short in the stock markets. We really need to see some fiscal responsibility in the way we are handling our US debt. Higher bond yields strengthening the dollar along with a firm fed statement could go a long way in improving Americas image in that department. The Asians think our recent US fiscal policy is a joke and I end up on the receiving end of some real derogatory comments whenever I try to talk about US strength in mixed Asian/American net communities.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I had previously thought the market would backpeddle by now, but I'm changing that prediction.
I am now even more bullish!
I'm still holding, and now predicting another 6 weeks of upward momentum.
I was going to say something about Elliott Wave or something, but I don't really know much about it.
The DJIA chart doesn't look done.
It just doesn't look all Elliott Waved and stuff.
The most important thing to notice is all the television coverage telling the public that it is done.
They always tell you it is done when it is not done yet.
Seriously. Remember a few short weeks ago they were saying this rally was long overdue for a correction, and then the market charged ahead.
The TV types like Jim Cramer even get in on it as they suck up to their Zionist handlers.
If Cramesy really knew how to make the money from any location he'd be far away from that cesspool he swims in.
The idea that you could make money by following JJ Cramer is complete confusion.
I don't even know if Jim knows what is really happening.
He is just in tight among the dirty scumbags and confusing the public just like his handlers do.
They try to confuse you, mislead you, and burn you so you'll finally swear off trying to trade for yourself.
That way you'll put your money in a fund and accept 10% while the fund managers make 100%.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

People will perpetually be doubting this rally. It is mostly because rallies happened a lot, and this rally is on even sketchier grounds (I mean, everyone knows it is the government behind it. Even bulls. There is just debate on how long it will last.) So I would normally agree with you (not on the chart looking Elliot Waveish hence the rally will continue though
) But usually when people doubt, the rally goes up more. The rally isn't totally done yet, but 6 more weeks of upward momentum? So the DOW will be at 10,500 by the end of September?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Things eased a bit in Japan where the winners outperformed the losers 2 to 1, down from 4 to 1 the last night. The Dow followed with the opposite strategy and the losers beat the winners 2:1. Walmart didn't join Home Depot to the "Losers Circle" despite the analyst laying blame on retailers who reported less cash register ringing.

The Dow either closes higher (1) or lower (0). In the past 20 days, things went down this way: 11111101110011110010.

There are still no three zeroes in a row, but out of the six losing days, five of them sit in the second half, meaning the 000 run is imminent and expected to take place before August is over.

According to Bloomberg, the Chinese are hoarding oil and ore affecting a bit the commodities.
Related article: portofentry.50megs.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

it took a day or so but one of the top stories on world news tonight was about how the law makers like nancy and barney need to spend a half a billion for better airplane rides on g fives at 66 million a copy and 5 or so 737's at 70 million a copy dont you think we should let them by these planes because it will help them make better decisions than they made while they were riding on the old g fours and suffering something awefull while riding on them the g four is one of the finest planes ever made way past posh incredible nautical range i think nancy needs to take a ride on a low cost carrier that has had all their mtx farmed out to overseas repair stations who dont speak a lick of english its all good isnt it not! i think if she would step on one of these planes she would find 14 or so screaming babies to listen to because you know im seeing everybody breeding up a storm and i am short to ground about it all i can can come up with is that theyre thinkin that atleast i'll someone to love while i'm unemployed

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by robatmj12

Politicians got away with many, many, many other things, and nobody was screaming, so I don't see anything is going to change in this case. And they have crunched trillions of dollars overnight, nobody bothered to stop watching American Idol. What do you really think suits people? Being smart?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hmmmm......the rescue water wings may be slipping off the Titanic...

The Congressional Oversight Panel has released its August report which contains some much more dire language about the prospects of the U.S. banking system than did the joke that was the Stress Test, especially in the small/middle bank sector.

The Panel‘s analysis of troubled whole loans suggests they pose a threat to the financial health of smaller banks ($600 million to $100 billion group). Using the same assumptions, it looks as if banks in the $600 million to $100 billion group will need to raise significantly more capital, as the estimated losses will outstrip the projected revenue and reserves. Under the "starting point" scenario, this second group of banks will need to raise $12-14 billion in capital to offset their losses, while in the "starting point + 20% scenario", non-stress-tested banks are expected to have to raise $21 billion in capital to offset their losses. The capital shortfall for those relatively smaller banks is primarily due to the lack of reserves, which on average account for only 25 percent of the expected loan losses.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
FTSE 100 4,674.17 10:21AM ET Down 48.03 (1.02%)
CAC 40 3,452.46 10:36AM ET Down 52.08 (1.49%)
DAX 5,302.05 10:22AM ET Down 116.07 (2.14%)

Dow Jones Industrial Average 9,243.11 10:36am ET Down 94.84 (1.02%)
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH 995.48 10:36am ET Down 11.62 (1.15%)
NASDAQ Composite 1,966.09 10:37am ET Down 26.15 (1.31%)

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Result for today's 4-week bill auction... The major numbers look fine, but the minor ones that are rarely discussed...

BtC: 3.409
Indirect: 36.64%
PD Involvement: 60.67%

Now for the fun stuff

Alloted at high: 8.57%
High: 0.15%
Median: 0.135%
Low: ZERO

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
CIT shares fall on bankruptcy warning

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Shares of CIT Group Inc sank 20 percent on Tuesday after the troubled lender delayed filing its second-quarter report with regulators and again warned it may have to file for bankruptcy.

CIT, which has been battling to restructure its debt, said in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that management is focused on restructuring the company to avoid bankruptcy and it was unable to file its quarterly report by the deadline on Monday.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

Yes, the hold on as long as they could, but the bankruptcy is imminent, another company that is not too big to let it fail I guess.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

Dick Bove, the very famous bank analyst who infamously and famously was bullish on banks through the bad and good is saying to sell bank stocks on the short term because the fundamentals on outlooks has not changed and that earnings will be poor in the quarters ahead. He also said that banking stocks are trading on psychology not fundamentals, and the rational investor should lock in profits when that happens.

So much for the efficient and rational markets
The markets resemble a schizophrenic manic depressive meth head rather than a rational logical clear thinker.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
!!!!!! T-Bonds for sell!!!!!!! come and get your T-3-bonds for sell, auction to start in a few minutes!!!!!! don't miss on the opportunity to own a piece of the USA.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
A- from Santelli....ugggh

I'm sure we'll see the Fed buying up 50% of the auction sometime next week

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
!!!!!! T-Bonds for sell!!!!!!! come and get your T-3-bonds for sell, auction to start in a few minutes!!!!!! don't miss on the opportunity to own a piece of the USA.

The demand was strong for the bonds. I guess we have found the real reason why the stock market is down today

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
3 year auction results

BtC: 2.892
Indirect: 62.47%
PD Involvement: 35.48%
Alloted at High: 13.080%

High 1.78%
Median 1.727%
Low 1.6%

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Hmmm...

Troubles spreading in U.S. consumer-linked sectors: S&P
www.reuters.com...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Poor consumer demand amid economic turmoil and choppy credit markets will continue to pressure U.S. companies in consumer-dependent sectors for the remainder of this year, Standard & Poor's said in report on Tuesday.

Companies in consumer products, media and entertainment and retail and restaurant sectors continue to feel the worst effects of the economic downturn and will likely see the most defaults through the remainder of 2009.

"These sectors consistently have the highest levels of risk among our lists of distressed companies, weakest links, and potential bond downgrades," said Diane Vazza, lead author of the report.

WRAPUP 1-Russian GDP fall deepens in Q2 to worst on record
www.reuters.com...

Bankruptcies Rise 300 Percent in Spain
www.laht.com...

[edit on 8/11/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

That scared me out of my shorts while I could still turn a profit. The dollar index made a double top and oil is starting to come back again this afternoon.

I will hate myself tomorrow if the market completely tanks but whats a bear to do when the technical indicators turn against them?

Gotta go count my salmon.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Rules should be abide by. That thing needs to stay long-term logarithmic and there is no way that any market analyst who hasn't managed yet to grasp the change in the rules can't hope to stay in business talking.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26a0de44b680.jpg[/atsimg]

But! if there is really a change at 3pm that defies GS intention, then it's done by the devil himself.

<< 463  464  465    467  468  469 >>

join