It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 448
<< 445  446  447    449  450  451 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Aye...you do the best ya can with what they throw at ya Lad...

Some days it's hard to see WTH is going on and spot the trends...

Buck up Lad...

If nothing else..cover it all...

[edit on 8/4/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Yeah no doubt nothing works all the time..

Honestly if you had someone actually shadow me I bet you could find after where I hit xxx amt in a row if you faded my formations I like to play you could prob be cash money millionaire

Although a little noice at open.. we keep "Supporting" this trend line and I guess it doesn't want to stop so far

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

See...

There ya go...I knew ya could find some green somewhere if ya looked hard enough!

FTSE 100 4,634.62 9:29AM ET Down 47.84 (1.02%)
CAC 40 3,456.06 9:44AM ET Down 21.74 (0.63%)
DAX 5,406.20 9:30AM ET Down 20.65 (0.38%)

Stockholm General 268.73 9:44AM ET Down 5.01 (1.83%)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
pending home sales up it looks like?

news moves the market instantly

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This formation keeps appearing over and over and over..

Usually are BEARISH as well.. but it doesnt really matter lately

Another good example

here

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Sorry to say this but you can not longer trust the government figures and hype on how the economy is recovering with showing home sales are up.

Deception at its finest

Statistics can produce false signs of recovery. The economy has been contracting for so long that a plateauing of the falloff in home sales compared to the previous time period's more rapid contraction can appear like a gain.

The Census Bureau itself notes that the reported 11 percent increase in June home sales might be illusory. The reporting agency says that the gain is not statistically meaningful at a 90 percent confidence interval and that "the Census Bureau does not have sufficient statistical evidence to conclude that the actual change is different from zero."

www.economyincrisis.org...

The government is exploiting the numbers been taken in times of economic contraction to boost the recovery illusion.

And they are seen the result of that, people are out there spending again because they have been lure on a false sense of recovery.

Many investors that are not so savvy are also falling for this, at the end many will lose more that they are gaining.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That's a powerful case you make, marg.

The FTSE regained much of the early losses and finished down at:

4671.37 -11.09 -0.24%

DJIA

currently up at:

9301.30 +14.74 0.16%

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

The problem is that this same play can be use for unemployment and been exploited to show recovery.

The BLS model came up with a monthly adjustment of 75,000 new jobs added to the reported number. That means an adjustment factor of 900,000 new jobs added to the reported payroll jobs number each year.

During economic contraction such as the current one, however, it is wrong to assume that new start-ups are creating 75,000 jobs each month more than are being lost to business failures. Thus the job losses are understated by the 900,000 upside birth-death adjustment and by the absence of a downside adjustment to estimate the jobs lost as a result of failed companies that cease to report.

The reported unemployment rate is itself deceptive, as it no longer includes discouraged workers who have been unemployed for more than a year. These long-term discouraged workers are simply erased from the rolls of the unemployed.

www.economyincrisis.org...

The government statistics are deceiving and has been for a long time, people that have no clue about how the economy works are lure into a sense of recovery with the media propaganda (occurs no us here in this forum)
is incredible how numbers are played with and it also shows the desperation of the government to show improvements on the economic crisis.

Worst yet that people tend to fall for the illusion of recovery.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

The REAL numbers....EPS down -33.6%, Sales down -17.39% for the quarter...

The market runup is ENIRELY due to the fed pumping money to the investment banks so they can pump the market in a vain attempt at another bubble....It won't work in the long run....by next spring the entire house of cards is finished

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Thanks for the links and you are too nice with how long is going to take for this new government made bubble to burst I will give it to the end of the year for the signs to show.

But If another stimulus is made in the fall then you will be right. Stimulus is what is feeding the Markets financials.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Another good example

here

*updated*

[edit on 4-8-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Well I mean the website is Economy In Crisis . Org so they probably aren't reporting the good and bad - but I dont think for a second numbers can't be drawn up to depict something else.

Look at the way most "polls" are drawn up and how they can be slanted etc.. and thats just on the lowest levels

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

They are a site that try very hard to show the real truth behind the government and corporate hypes.

So far a lot of what they post in their site has been spot on as only their articles are from reputable sources, when an article is an opinion they made the effort to warn about that too.

As the government uses their own "Analyst" so many other source of media information in the net does too.

What will you trust? taking into consideration the factors about the economy that we all already know.

That is why I like economyincrisis a lot.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Who do I trust?

lol I dont even trust my own decisions sometimes haha

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander
The usual presence of the high volume wasn't there at the end of the session indicating that the the big guys were absent or something -- the cashing in just didn't happen. They will do it tomorrow though between 9:30 and 10:00. I will mark the 9,240 sell point.

I can't change the rules, but the two bottom up-slope points are really significant indicators. This time, the two lowest points of the whole session found the end-point.

It would take lots of data to figure out how to apply the bottom points under a variety of circumstances.

No, I can't mark the 9,240 sell point, coz the selling point reached down only to 9,262. There is an upward pressure, as if whoever reaches 10k first gets a free dinner at McDonalds.

I can follow the two lowest points in a tentative manner though. After some calculation, the endpoint should be above the one drawn bellow.

With an adjustment, today's session should end at 9,317.

Any other opinions how the Dow will finish?

[edit on 8/4/2009 by stander]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Give me 1001 on the SP500 Bob.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Another good example

here

*updated*

Prob room for one more try to break to the downside this afternoon..

Im not even looking for that anymore.. if you cant beat em, join em

here

view from 233 t - support becomes resistance

and a pic of this LONG TERM uptrend here that wont budge

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Okay.
I use the Dow, even though there is not much difference.

See how the "sold out points" are neatly organized on the curve?

For a mathematician, the confidence would be running sky high -- until he would be told that the curve is actually the DJI.

[edit on 8/4/2009 by stander]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This came out earlier this afternoon, don't know if it was covered here or not, apologies for duplicating info if it was

*SEC PLANS TO BAN `FLASH TRADES' OF STOCKS IN U.S., SCHUMER SAYS
*SCHUMER DISCLOSES SCHAPIRO CONTACT IN E-MAILED STATEMENT
*SCHUMER SAYS ASSURANCE CAME IN PHONE CALL WITH SCHAPIRO
*SCHUMER SAYS SEC'S SCHAPIRO SAYS BAN IS `IMMINENT'
*SENATOR SCHUMER SAYS SEC PLANS TO SOON BAN `FLASH TRADES'
By Edgar Ortega
Aug. 4 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Securities and Exchange
Commission plans to ban flash trades that give some brokerages
an advanced look at orders, Senator Charles Schumer said, citing
a conversation with SEC Chairman Mary Schapiro.

Zero Hedge has a good write up on it

Looks like Timmy cussing out Bair & Schapiro is gonna back-fire on him real bad.

Where's the popcorn??

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

There is an upward pressure, as if whoever reaches 10k first gets a free dinner at McDonalds.

More like the La Carne Grill in New York City (the Dow closed up 33.63). Seriously, this uptrend is more resilient then anything I can remember given the lack of fundamentals. I'm wondering if foreign investors will be trashing the dollar before the next bond auction to get a better price?

[edit on 4-8-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

new topics

top topics

<< 445  446  447    449  450  451 >>

join