It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 438
<< 435  436  437    439  440  441 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Wave continues

If we break this you would think we would move somewhat higher

here

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
and look what i found on the 1 minute chart

we usually squirt out of these lower...

www.sierrachart.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
and look what i found on the 1 minute chart

we usually squirt out of these lower...

www.sierrachart.com...

This post amuses me. Not only because you typed squirt but because right above it you said we were going higher. Which is it GBM???

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I said if we breakout higher

This is a good example of why I say always short the first breakout..

The longer term chart has more dominance for a longer time period.. the shorter one would only have a reference for that same one..

And yes squirt.. you should see the patterns we make out of these.. it like squirts out, im serious lol

good examples

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
A closer inspection as well would show us that on the top we are using now the 200 EMA AS A RESISTANCE as well as having our bottom line of our triangle now as RESISTANCE but used to be SUPPORT

www.sierrachart.com...

EDIT:

Now even more in depth as time has passed..

usually on the way down the price tests the 20 EMA (in red) and doesnt break and moves sharply lower..

both are showing this now.. also on the 1 min chart on the bottom you see the power of the bottom line of the triangle now as resistance

www.sierrachart.com...

[edit on 31-7-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

The classic pattern is back: high volume during morning profit grabbing and then the piggy bank is fed later. There are those two up-slope bottom points, the 11/13 hour line is negative.

My basic bet is that the Dow is unlikely to finish below the endpoint of the projection line -- the minimum is 9186 points. The upper limit is 9232 points, which the method estimates to be the actual end. So let's see . . .
(I didn't buy anything yet.)

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

How do you calculate the 9232?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
squirt squirt

Looks like the first breakout was due to randomness (someone else using different time frames) and the 2nd was the real fake out.

These are things that make discretionary trading very hard.

You can remember this though..

When you breakout you will always test.. when it comes back to test if it doesnt bounce up from there and instead goes back inside the formation, it is not valid.. it will always bounce off a new "support" or old "resistance"

If this 1 minute triangle on the bottom (it was a whole day's worth I suppose so it is a pretty valid formation) the "squirt" will run at like a -45 degree angle then we usually push higher then level again..

I think we are rangebound here and I bet if I looked at the daily chart I would see another "DOJI"

The bear flag continues my friends

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Before anything . . . The test FAILED: the Dow finished by 15 points below the lower limit set by the green projection line. When I compared the PASS tests, I realize that the two bottom points must lie below the Previous Close line. Otherwise you are running against the bull. The traders may set identical upper limits and cash in on them through the session as you see it below.

When the two after-12:00 bottom points lie above the Previous Close line, the method becomes unreliable and probably wrong given the circumstances.

To answer your question: When the slope of the11/13 hour line is negative, like today, you add 0.5% of the Previous Close number to the projected point given by the extended line made by the two bottom points. When the 11/13 hour slope is positive, you add 1% of the Previous Close number. But the two bottom points need definitely lie bellow the Previous Close line.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

ok i understand

i really think you should look at my pivot point formula if you havent yet... especially when you are dealing with yesterday's numbers (previous close)

of course, nothing works all the time

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Your short term analysis is great GBM but I'm wondering how far this can go?

The general pattern has been a breakout of 100 points or so to the upside followed by a consolidation day or 2 until the dollar slides a little more. The nearest real support level for the dollar is down around 73 at which point we might start to see inflation worth fighting. In a recent poll I read about 45% of the responding private investors never left the stock market and were waiting for a higher price to sell out at. Who knows how high it could go before we get a stampede?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Actually a few months ago after the exodus of unemployed CEOs and market white collars they were been recruited by oversea firms.

So no so far from the truth actually.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Now everyone seems to agree the rally can last into the fall and the economy is going to only recover from here. They are such a bunch of bozos. They will say this until GBM's bear flag squirts them in the face..................................

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

i really think you should look at my pivot point formula if you havent yet... especially when you are dealing with yesterday's numbers (previous close)

I don't know where they are in your posts. I noticed though two straight lines that were converging to the point where the SP actually ended today. But I couldn't see the buypoint. In my method, the buypoint floats after the second bottom point is established -- it's value should be only slightly higher than the second bottom point, and the end of the session is the sellpoint. Since the slope of the two bottom points must be always positive to apply the method, you are making a profit at the end of the session -- that's the base strategy. The practical problem is the value of the buypoint -- it must be always higher than the second bottom point. If not, then it is a new bottom point and you have to redraw the slope line. This is the practical disadvantage of the method.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
FDIC Friday Kiddies...must of run out of Banks in Ga...
:shk:

Failed Bank List
www.fdic.gov...

First BankAmericano Elizabeth NJ 34270 July 31, 2009
Peoples Community Bank West Chester OH 32288 July 31, 2009
Integrity Bank Jupiter FL 57604 July 31, 2009
First State Bank of Altus Altus OK 9873 July 31, 2009

[edit on 7/31/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

Failed Bank List
www.fdic.gov...

What do you mean by "Failed Bank List?" The last line says that First State Bank of Altus Altus is OK.

Hex, you're making things up.

[edit on 7/31/2009 by stander]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

Failed Bank List
www.fdic.gov...

What do you mean by "Failed Bank List?" The last line says that First State Bank of Altus Altus is OK.

Hex, you're making things up.

[edit on 7/31/2009 by stander]

I wouldn't lie to ya Stander!

And a late entry update:

Failed Bank List
www.fdic.gov...

Mutual Bank Harvey IL 18659 July 31, 2009

GDP: Uuuuggghhhh - UPDATED
market-ticker.denninger.net...

Uh Oh.... (GDP Interpretation)

FDIC Malfeasance Continues
market-ticker.org...

GDP In Pictures: The Truth

[edit on 7/31/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I don't know what is going on but GA has the record of most failed banks so far, I am from GA and is getting scary.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I don't know what is going on but GA has the record of most failed banks so far, I am from GA and is getting scary.

Here's what's going on... :shk:

HotPads.com

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I know we are in the top list for unemployment but darn it looks bad when you put it in map, with the foreclosures.

new topics

top topics

<< 435  436  437    439  440  441 >>

join