It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

reply to post by nydsdan

Fools gold = govt audit? (Perhaps the real thing - for once?)

For the most part... No doubt this will be discovered via an audit. Fine, I'll spill the rumor...
but caution because it is completely unsubstantiated at this point!

Word is that a mint or ETF may be sitting on lots of BARS of counterfeit. An operation has been exposed in China (they were doing gold and silver, US coinage, all dates... even Morgans...) and this may be related.

Again, big rumor about the bars, but its out there so keep yer heads up!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
GM falls 52.9%

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Whooooaaaa!!!

If substantiated THAT WILL LEAVE A BIG MARK

pawnshops will have to start charging for testing the gold people are holding LOL

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Mass Counterfeiting of American coins

February 27, 2009

by Brian Harring

[email protected]

With the collapsing American economy, many Americans are rushing to invest in gold; either coins or bar, and also silver. One of the most popular forms of this investment are American coins. Where there is a need, there is always someone to fill it and in this case, the filling consists of the massive counterfeiting of gold coins, silver coins, and even Swiss gold bars in China. Initially, it appeared they were only faking Morgan dollars, but then it turned out they were also making $20 Liberty, and Indian Head gold $2.50, $5, and $10 coins, of all dates. Evidently, this is extremely easy with today's computer-and-laser-die-cutting technology, and the fakes are being die-struck in vast quantities, not cast, and visually at least, are superb copies.
www.tbrnews.org...

www.coinworldonline.com...
www.coinworldonline.com...
www.usagold.com...

[edit on 3/3/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
::blush:: Hey red, did you happen to catch my post on the previous page? I think it posted along with a bunch of others and I got looked over

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
How can you tell if you have recieved a counterfeit coin??? I just bought 10 silver coins (all I could afford to invest) and if it is true that silver coins have been faked, how can one tell? I will be f%#@$@# p-od if I recieved bunk silver coins!!!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

about arguing that it ISN'T women causing the economic crisis?

Yeah

If not that one, let me know - I'll review a few pages

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by smitewinit

They said something about a .01 gram digital scale?
A difference in weights?

@Whisper67...Hello!

Ask yourself what would happen if a large financial entity - and it could be a private mint, an ETF, or something like that - was discovered in the next, oh, two or three weeks - to be holding a lot of counterfeit gold that was apparently made in China? Suppose further that the discovery happened during some kind of official audit process and that as word spread, it was discovered that not only were gold bars involved, but perhaps gold coins of recent vintage and maybe some involvement of silver as well. How would that work out?
www.usagold.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yeah, that one
My main point being about the S&P. I was sure I read it somewhere in this thread that if slips below 700 that would be red flag to watch for.

::waves:: Hiyas Hx3!

[edit on 3/3/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hey, the fat kid did another chin up. S&P 704.21

Looks things over.

Whew...

Another angle could be that someone is trying to keep people from buying gold?
Conspiracy?

[edit on 3-3-2009 by lernmore]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander
Once the US traders hear that the FEDs FED the monster (AIG), the undervalued stock will be bought by speculators very quick and the Dow will climb back.

See . . .

There is mouse-clicking, money-loving Joe behind every ticker tape number.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Sounds like someone is up to something...good or bad?
If the stories out, it could of helped bring it down...$913 now...holding around that point...so far...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hx3 nailed it, Star for you!

I heard that rumor yesterday and then I was watching gold fall today... the story still reverberating in the back of my head. Could the fall of gold be because certain larger entities are starting to offload any before the news hits?

[edit on 3-3-2009 by nydsdan]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Interesting.

(Note to all for reference: the second post in this thread (i.e. page 1) has a live gold price chart.)

reply to post by lernmore

lol

If it says Made in Taiwan does that mean it's legit?

[edit on 3/3/09 by pause4thought]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

That would be my guess...I had thought it ws due to 50K+ gold options coming out of Dubi, but, this might have more to do with it than that.
I also thought, at first, it was a profit taking move, after being so high and all...but...

I'd offload mine in a minute if I thought it might not be legit...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
WHOAA! rebound anyone?

What drove that? nevermind it's dropping as I type. Damn fluctuations.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by elston

I think it will be like red said earlier...a "take a deep breath" day...I expect a modest -/+ ending...basically flat?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

...basically flat?

...as flat as a...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61aed1385acf.png[/atsimg]

...rollercoaster?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by nydsdan

That would be my guess...I had thought it ws due to 50K+ gold options coming out of Dubi, but, this might have more to do with it than that.
I also thought, at first, it was a profit taking move, after being so high and all...but...

I'd offload mine in a minute if I thought it might not be legit...

No kidding, now people are going to have to start measuring volume/weight to calculate density! Either this is a conspiracy within a conspiracy to drive people away from gold as it drops, or something is up. I keep thinking back to last summer and autumn when purchasing physical gold was almost impossible (not sure if that is still the case today) and I wonder if this counterfeiting operation is part of a gold-grab by China. Didn't China also claim that they were going to start purchasing gold instead of US treasuries?

In any event, I started a thread dedicated to the counterfeiting operations in China. Hopefully it is just a small operation and is not as widespread as I fear.
Counterfeiting thread

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

modest -/+ ENDING...basically flat?
Good one!!! Star 4 U!
BofA lost a credit rating just now...A from A+...I put them on my "list" yesterday I think?

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join