It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 426
<< 423  424  425    427  428  429 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

sorry my reply to your post here must not have went though..

i was going to say that I have been waiting for CITI for 4ever.. and b careful..

I think it will be good one day.. but I am still waiting for that supposed shortsqueeze..

it will prob be over anyways b4 you can act on it..

But I dont think we go down from here really..

Too many people expecting it now.. and the past couple days have been "bull market consolidation" it looks like to me..

There is a lot of news this week and it is really hard to tell (look at the way we handled the news on new home sales today) we killed it and still kinda just averaged out/went down...

I don't think we go down substantially. I just think there will be a little bit of downside (like a few hundred points) before going higher. I mean, we are overbought here, there's no two ways about it. But people will chase this rally to bring it higher. The S&P is already trading at a record P/E. Even if analysts high expectations are correct for 2010, the S&P will be trading at around 35 times earnings, which isn't CHEAP but not terribly expensive. Right now, things better go towards those earnings or it will be dangerous. The market is pricing in a steep recovery as it was pricing in a steep down turn.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

well down and down %'s wise are 2 diff. things yeah..

I hate to call something like that.. but ill just say i dont see a "leg down" from here right now

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

well down and down %'s wise are 2 diff. things yeah..

I hate to call something like that.. but ill just say i dont see a "leg down" from here right now

No...if I had to guess it would be something like 3-4% correction. Data and earnings also need to be good this week. Hey can you take a look at UNG's chart for me and PM me on what you think? It looks like a bad chart to me, but I think inventories matter for Natural Gas and that is Thursday.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

like i said in that previous PM.. forget UNG.. i cant even make a call on it.. IMO it doesnt have anything to do with NG and u get better return on the future..

but I would wait till inventories and lets talk then and a better opinion can be formed, sounds better to me
EDIT* was referencing UNG in this paragraph

[edit on 27-7-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
OY...my poor head... :shk:

Head-n-shoulders

cups-n-handles

slopes-n-summits

bulls-n-bears

So...I should invest in P&G...B&B&B...Mountains in Colorado (Coors) & Hormel ???

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Not a very good formation coming up here..

Usually break *lower* on these wedges

If you believed in ranges it would be around 955

xoxoxoxoxox

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Yeah, lets wait till thursday then... the chart right now to me just looks "garbled" honestly and the last time I thought I had UNG pegged it shot up one day then crashed the next..

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
pink line will be our first real test

chart

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Great news,

Ben Bernanke is the running to become our economic czar of czars

Ben Bernanke is the running to become our economic czar of czars. He is now mounting a campaign for reappointment claiming he stopped a recession from turning into a depression. That is debateable. Some like Eliot Spitzer who knows where the bodies on Wall Street are buried says, "The Fed is a Ponzi scheme, an inside job, it is outrageous, it is time for congress to say enough of this."

The irony: many in the Administration seem to want to give him and the Fed even more power in the misguided belief he is operating in the public interest up in that netherworld above politics.

www.economyincrisis.org...

Crocks in charge of crocks.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
the red fat line will be what we need to break to get out of this wedge..

then we can resume our way up..

ben b. for president

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Yeah, lets wait till thursday then... the chart right now to me just looks "garbled" honestly and the last time I thought I had UNG pegged it shot up one day then crashed the next..

I'm not holding it for long, I would just rather buy calls or puts depending on the report for UNG just for the day. I don't want to buy/write futures contracts. I don't understand them right now.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

the red fat line will be what we need to break to get out of this wedge..

then we can resume our way up..

ben b. for president

You would think that you aren't one of us common folk
I wish I was not, but since I am, the only real effect of a stock rally is rising asset prices...on us at least...So I would rather the stock market languish at 8000 and oil at 50...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
www.nymex.com...

you prob dont want to open a brand new acct etc...

but lets see what it looks like on wednesday at least... its hard to read this thing too far out in the future (2 days even lol)

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Im actually a FED disinformation robot

"sit on my face" - grandmas boy

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
double green is most likely next support..

pretty orderly trading lately

Im thinking about getting metal legs.. its a risky operation

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
GBM I think I know when CITI stock will pop. Today:

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Oh jeez, dont fall into the trap RR

It does this every day.. up 18 cents then up 18 cents the next then down 22 cents the next and then down 14 cents the next to ALWAYS COME BACK TO MOTHER ******* 2.70! lol

Its the game where they are shorting anything out higher because their conversion would cost more (US GOV) and I believe that is what has been going on along with synthetic shorts from HF's that were all over the conversion as well..

I think really its more synthetic shorts honestly, but I wouldn't be surprised if any other games were being played - #1 most shorted stock ever in history so you know a lot of $$ is on the line somewhere

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

chart

Today is a near copy of yesterday.

So I did again y = a + bx with those two bottom points as p1 and p2. But I added 10 points to the close, coz it went down that way yesterday. So the green square is an adjusted projection. See what happens . . .

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Oh jeez, dont fall into the trap RR

It does this every day.. up 18 cents then up 18 cents the next then down 22 cents the next and then down 14 cents the next to ALWAYS COME BACK TO MOTHER ******* 2.70! lol

Its the game where they are shorting anything out higher because their conversion would cost more (US GOV) and I believe that is what has been going on along with synthetic shorts from HF's that were all over the conversion as well..

I think really its more synthetic shorts honestly, but I wouldn't be surprised if any other games were being played - #1 most shorted stock ever in history so you know a lot of $$ is on the line somewhere

I know, I don't want to buy Citi because I don't like the company. But when I say I want to buy anything, it is for a very short time. I don't trust the markets right now to leave it any longer than a few days to 2 weeks...Citi isn't a stock I would hold for 2 weeks though. Is "synthetic shorting"=naked shorting?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander

chart

Today is a near copy of yesterday.

So I did again y = a + bx with those two bottom points as p1 and p2. But I added 10 points to the close, coz it went down that way yesterday. So the green square is an adjusted projection. See what happens . . .

Not bad. You better be careful with your stock market voodoo though or you may be burnt at the common equity (supposed to be a joke for 'burnt at the stake' err...nevermind)

new topics

top topics

<< 423  424  425    427  428  429 >>

join