It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
*GEITHNER: WILL CRACK DOWN ON TAX EVASION BY FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS

Oh that's gotta be one for the ages...

There goes Congress...

[edit on 3/3/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Translation of Taxcheat Timmy Speak:

Report This As A Bad Post Add To Your Ignored User List *TREASURY'S GEITHNER SAYS DEFERRED FOREIGN PROFITS MAY BE TAXED - TRANSLATION: WILL BE TAXED.
*GEITHNER: WILL CRACK DOWN ON TAX EVASION BY FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS - TRANSLATION: WE'RE DESPERATE FOR EVERY PENNY WAGESLAVES
*GEITHNER SAYS STIMULUS TO BOOST GDP 1% THIS YEAR, 3.2% NEXT YR - TRANSLATION: (PAUSES FOR A BONG HIT)
*GEITHNER SAYS STABILITY EFFORTS WILL THAW `LARGELY FROZEN' MKTS - TRANSLATION: I'M STILL NOT TELLING YOU HOW.
*GEITHNER SAYS RESCUE PLAN ENSURES BANKS HAVE `CAPITAL CUSHION' - TRANSLATION: BANKS ARE STILL SCROOMED.
*GEITHNER SAYS FAILURE TO CUT DEFICIT MAY BOOST INTEREST RATES - TRANSLATION: WE WON'T BE ABLE TO BORROW WHAT WE SAY WE WILL
*GEITHNER: PLAN TO STABILIZE FINANCIAL SYSTEM `MIGHT COST MORE' - TRANSLATION: IT WILL CONTINUE TO GO UP AS LONG AS THE BOND MARKET LETS IT.

[edit on 3/3/09 by redhatty]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I love it, the long term debt is a problem, but we have to spend more money.

Then what Hx said, Timmy the tax cheat talking about cracking down on tax cheats.

That is rich.

Maybe if they quit talking out both sides of their mouths we might get some stability back.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
GEN ELECTRIC CO 7.01 12:45PM ET -0.59 (-7.76%) 246,687,678
no relief for GE yet...

Waccamaw Bankshares Inc 0.90 12:37PM ET -4.74 (-84.04%) 2,383
This looks pretty sad also...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Obama Called Equities Bottom

Sitting with British Prime Minister Gordon Brown a little while ago, Obama reassured Americans that now is the time to buy stocks for the long-term. Excellent.

Blurb link
Bloomberg

Hear that? Now we can all buy and GO LOOOOOOONG!!!

OMG Taxcheat Timmy, Did I hear that right? "We do not raise taxes" (/es drops 1 point)

Give Me a Break, NO CREDIBILITY NONE!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Posted by guest, Mar 03, 2009 12:51PM

Those who pick bottoms end up with brown fingers. Oh, nevermind.

A reply from that Obama story...

This guys got it all figured out!!!

Star 4 Him!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
So what is the deal with GE anyway? I get the feeling that they are sitting on something, to be honest. Didn't Buffet put $3bn into them just last Fall? If so, why? Buffet is not that stupid and GE is not exactly small. Can somebody with a better grip on energy stocks tell me what the scoop on GE is?

At the rate GE is tanking lately, it is making me want to pick up some shares.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think the market right now shows that Brown+Obama +global new deal = SELL

Down today when it was supposed to rebound.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Take a looky at these links...

Price % Losers
finance.yahoo.com...

Advances & Declines
finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
1:20pm EST - Geithner just talked about giving principal balance reductions to "countries". That was a bad slip.

Add to that from earlier in Ben's statement where he said that repeal of Glass-Steagall was not a mistake.

And we gots a couple of BIG Rut Rohs

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Whiplash in action.

it goes green then it goes red goes green then red. Like that child's game red light green light.

edit - grammar and spelling.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Obama exact quote:

"Stocks MAY be a good deal for investors with a long term outlook."

MAY? nice job buddy.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
FANNIE MAE 5.375 I 0.75 12:56PM ET -0.35 (-31.82%)
FANNIE MAE 5.81% H 1.00 12:36PM ET -0.42 (-29.58%)

Lucy...guess who's coming to dinner...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (&dist=hplatest]MarketW atch) - President Barack Obama said Tuesday he's "absolutely confident" that the global economy will recover, and suggested that stocks might be a good buy now that prices have fallen so hard.
"Profit and earning ratios are starting to get to the point where buying stocks is a potentially good deal if you've got a long-term perspective on it," Obama told reporters.
Obama met with U.K. Prime Minister Gordon Brown in the White House for lengthy discussions about the economic crisis and shared security concerns. Brown will address a joint session of Congress on Wednesday.
Asked what he thought about the big sell off in the stock market, Obama said he was "absolutely confident that credit's going to be flowing again, that businesses are going to start seeing opportunities for investment, they're going to start hiring again. People are going to be put back to work."
Obama said the stock market "bobs up and down day to day," adding that anyone who worries about the market all day will probably get the long-term strategy wrong.
The banking system has been dealt a heavy blow, Obama said. "It's not surprising that the market is hurting as a consequence."
"We dug a very deep hole for ourselves," the president said. "There were a lot of bad decisions that were made. We are cleaning up that mess. It's going to be sort of full of fits and starts, in terms of getting the mess cleaned up, but it's going to get cleaned up."

All 3 Indexes are back in the RED

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Dow Jones Industrial Average 6,716.22 1:38pm ET -47.07 (-0.70%)
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH 694.86 1:36pm ET -5.96 (-0.85%)
NASDAQ Composite 1,318.47 1:37pm ET -4.38 (-0.33%)

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to posts by all over the last few days

Holy smoke. You don't manage to get to the board for a few days & end up with about 6 hrs of back-reading. One thing I do know is that if I want to get the low-down on what's really going on I come here. MSM eat your heart out. First-rate info, expert/behind the scenes analysis & links to really hot news.

This is a truly great collaborative effort.

I trust the mods have been commending some of you.

reply to post by nydsdan

Fools gold = govt audit? (Perhaps the real thing - for once?)

(I need to do more back-reading before rejoining the main discussion.)

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I am noticing a trend, I wonder if anyone else has.

Every time that Obama publicly opens his yap about the economy the Dow goes down.

Maybe we need to keep him quiet for a week so we can get a few days of stability

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hey Hx3 and Red, I've so busy over on the other thread about trying to convice peeps that the global elite are responsible for all this and not women...anywho I glanced up and noticed the S&P slipped below 700 - weren't we warned (by you red?) that this was indeed a very bad sign and something to be on the watch for?

::falls on her knees worshiping:: Thank you both so much for keeping me up to date. My mother-in-law is visiting from out of state was talking over the Obama speech and I missed it all. Please send positive energy THIS WAY! lol At least I knew I could come to this thead and get the low down. Thankies!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by s4dreamlnd93

It's been WAY too long since we've had someone in the upper echelons of .gov that knew what they were doing, but now we see what happens when the political equivalent of the Mickey Mouse Club is running the show.

These people have NO IDEA what they are doing, yet they firmly believe it is all the right thing to do.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think they should sharpen their pencils and get out their notepads and hire (for a reasonable rate I'm certain) the Ticker Guy for a few hours.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join