It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 416
<< 413  414  415    417  418  419 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Here's a little news blip that could point to a coming crash...

Verleger Sees $20 Oil This Year on ‘Devastating’ Glut

Crude oil will collapse to $20 a barrel this year as the recession takes a deeper toll on fuel demand, according to academic and former U.S. government adviser Philip Verleger.

A crude surplus of 100 million barrels will accumulate by the end of the year, straining global storage capacity and sending prices to a seven-year low
Read the story here

I know there are players on here still predicting this huge run up in the markets but like I've said all along these quiet, less known about reports, are painting quite the different picture

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Here's a little news blip that could point to a coming crash...

Verleger Sees $20 Oil This Year on ‘Devastating’ Glut

Crude oil will collapse to $20 a barrel this year as the recession takes a deeper toll on fuel demand, according to academic and former U.S. government adviser Philip Verleger.

A crude surplus of 100 million barrels will accumulate by the end of the year, straining global storage capacity and sending prices to a seven-year low
Read the story here

I know there are players on here still predicting this huge run up in the markets but like I've said all along these quiet, less known about reports, are painting quite the different picture

I have said that within the next 6 months probably, we will see a close to 100 dollars a barrel and 30 dollars again. Volatility is not going away. The markets will set itself up for a crash, as markets have done for centuries due to overheated speculation and then fear that it was all speculation.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Sorry but I just don't see that happening...
First were already past peek driving time in the states... despite tries to lift market prices they always fall back down...Countries like China have started to export oil for lack of being able to store any more crude...
I don't know if this guy is right maybe we'll see $30 by this fall but seeing as how there is a little less than six months left in the year I think he's more right than you are

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Sorry but I just don't see that happening...
First were already past peek driving time in the states... despite tries to lift market prices they always fall back down...Countries like China have started to export oil for lack of being able to store any more crude...
I don't know if this guy is right maybe we'll see $30 by this fall but seeing as how there is a little less than six months left in the year I think he's more right than you are

The expectation for a recovery in the second half of the year and 2010 will drive oil prices up again, probably overshooting. So will the equity markets. I believe the crash will come when the rally becomes top heavy and speculators and traders begin asking if this optimism is ONLY because of gov. stimulus or if things are getting better...Like I said I think we see both 30 and 100 (or 100 and 30 whichever you prefer) in 6 months...but we'll see. It is pretty much in the middle right now. And he said we will see 20 dollars by the fall, I think something bad has to happen for that to occur.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I remember you bringing up the Elliott Wave Principle. But I think you should stop listening to people like Robert Prechter, were not waiting to ride the third wave up were waiting for the long slide down,,,nothing we see now conforms to the Elliott Wave Principle, what we see is market manipulation and anomalous numbers generated by deceptive accounting practices...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I remember you bringing up the Elliott Wave Principle. But I think you should stop listening to people like Robert Prechter, were not waiting to ride the third wave up were waiting for the long slide down,,,nothing we see now conforms to the Elliott Wave Principle, what we see is market manipulation and anomalous numbers generated by deceptive accounting practices...

I might have put a link on here for GBM since he loves technical analysis but I have no idea about elliot waves and barely know anything about TA and I don't know who Robert Prechter is. I listen to myself and I only come up with things for myself by myself. And of course this is just market manipulation and deceptive accounting practices for banks. That doesn't mean we cannot have a fake rally. But sentiment is going towards buying right now...so we will see how long it lasts.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This is getting ridiculously surreal.....all real goods transport data is pointing to massive depressive conditions...this is reality...if planes, trains, trucks and ships are not moving goods, nothing is being produced....All the banks and finance companies do is skim profits on real production...they are parasitic in nature and produce NOTHING on their own...without real PRODUCTION, the parasites die...

This market is based on nothing, a dream, an illusion...and the longer the pumpers (parasites) exacerbate the illusion, the more traumatic the inevitable crash back to reality will be....

The lead pipe lock, the one thing that any investor can count on for certain, is that, eventually, reality will win.....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Tomorrow is also option expiration Friday for July 09 options. Also banks will be pretty much done reporting, which can make implied volatility in the option premium price go down thus reducing both puts and calls premiums. Meaning, today is probably not the best day to begin buying options...especially if it is another flat day like today. I hate flat days. CITI and BAC report tomorrow though, and these are really the two ugly sisters of the financials (or at least the biggest out casts). So if they do amazing...well...same with if they do poorly. Even though BAC has had a pretty big run up already.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Here is a newbe question concerning stocks.......

If i place a 'limit' say 84.90 and the stocks keep going up to say like 85.50, do they give me the higher amount or am i stuck with 84.90?. order says filled but i still have stocks counting..........

Limit Order A Limit Order is a request to Buy or Sell a security only at a price that you specify (the limit) or at a better price. Execution of Limit Orders is not guaranteed, but if executed, the price you set or a better price is guaranteed.

I guess this answered my own question.....

[edit on 16-7-2009 by tiso_us]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiso_us
Here is a newbe question concerning stocks.......

If i place a 'limit' say 84.90 and the stocks keep going up to say like 85.50, do they give me the higher amount or am i stuck with 84.90?. order says filled but i still have stocks counting..........

Limit Order A Limit Order is a request to Buy or Sell a security only at a price that you specify (the limit) or at a better price. Execution of Limit Orders is not guaranteed, but if executed, the price you set or a better price is guaranteed.

I guess this answered my own question.....

[edit on 16-7-2009 by tiso_us]

Basically a limit order to buy something only executes if it opens at or below that price...and a limit order to sell something only executes if it opens at or above that price.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Have you guys looked at the premium prices for financial options? All have collapsed today with barely any movement because of implied volatility being totally unsurped from the prices. Traders are beginning to feel more comfortable with financials now....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
One voice of sanity amongst all the suckers....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think despite many people in this thread appearing to be opposing eachother, most are right at the same time. We are going into a bounce, and it will undoubtedly get the DJIA into the 9000's. I was seriously questioning whether this was possible during late June but now it looks to be materializing.

At the same time, the markets are indeed manipulated to all hell, and this shoot up in the DJIA is not because of 'recovery'. Just like in 1930 when the DJIA was at about 180 the Harvard Economic Society was proclaiming that the depression was nearly over. Today "The Great Roubini" declares that the Recession will be over by the end of the year and the markets took off after that bold statement.

The reality is that Roubini is right, I think by year end we will no longer be calling it a recession. It will be officially a depression by then.

This rally will be a good one, markets go up and down and even though logic tells of a terribly broken economy, there are still investment opportunities out there. I see no way the economy can get out of this on the short term. Up big, and then going down like a crackho earnin' five bux.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

LOL, sweet vid! SCUM! That guy is great. I love how GS is not even trying to hide anything and they still get praised for being such a great firm.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan
I think despite many people in this thread appearing to be opposing eachother, most are right at the same time. We are going into a bounce, and it will undoubtedly get the DJIA into the 9000's. I was seriously questioning whether this was possible during late June but now it looks to be materializing.

At the same time, the markets are indeed manipulated to all hell, and this shoot up in the DJIA is not because of 'recovery'. Just like in 1930 when the DJIA was at about 180 the Harvard Economic Society was proclaiming that the depression was nearly over. Today "The Great Roubini" declares that the Recession will be over by the end of the year and the markets took off after that bold statement.

The reality is that Roubini is right, I think by year end we will no longer be calling it a recession. It will be officially a depression by then.

This rally will be a good one, markets go up and down and even though logic tells of a terribly broken economy, there are still investment opportunities out there. I see no way the economy can get out of this on the short term. Up big, and then going down like a crackho earnin' five bux.

I would agree with your point....money can be made in any market, even a manipulated one...what I find dangerous, however is the constant propaganda machine (Government, CNBC, amongst others) who are trying to convince everybody that all is well....This is dangerous because it manipulates folks into making decisions that can ruin them...Now, most traders and CEO's that I know, would say "F**K 'em", we'll scalp them for all they have, because it's their fault they haven't done their homework...In other words, their only purpose is to make as much money as they can and screw everything and everybody else..

I despise those kind of people, their sole purpose for existence is not to create anything, but leach off the wealth of those that DO create...They are the reason for this mess and they are literally killing families, marriages, retirements and common sense...AND they are trying to ramp up the hysteria again...

I can spot them a mile away, because I was one of them myself... and I personally witnessed the destruction that attitude brings....

So anytime I read someone blowing their tripe about how great things are, or they have a fail-safe system, I try to give an alternate opinion based on reality and experience... in the hope that someone reading will take pause before falling for another snake-oil salesman gimmick.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

CNBC is now reporting that Roubini is saying his statement was taken largely out of context and he does not see growth returning till 2010 at the earliest. Gotta love OPEX games.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
More Government Sachs madness...

But what a rally, huh?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
More about Goldman Sachs....

Goldman Sachs is scum...on TV.

Youtube video

NJ unemployment reaches 9.2%, highest since '77

Moody's cuts California GOs to Baa1 from A2

What Economy? There’s Nothing Left to Recover

Head of $25 Billion Templeton Fund: Derivatives Will Cause Another Crisis

Foreclosures Rise 15% in First Half of 2009

Verleger Predicts $20 Oil This Year on ‘Devastating’ Crude Glut

Faber: Next Stimulus Will Be Worse

Bank of America Operates Under Secret Regulatory Sanction

Joe Biden: 'We Have to Go Spend Money to Keep From Going Bankrupt'

And Israel is preparing attacking Iran before the year is out...and a new crisis will certainly hit before the year is out since they want to give all powers to the FED.

And I've talked with a few people I know in the military in the US... and they think a draft is coming, for economic reasons, wars, coming civil unrest and because of the state of the troops.

EDIT: Also Georgia-US and Russia doing drills about 200 miles apart... dangerous stuff...

I think CIT going bankrupt is the biggest news story this month... and nobody is talking about it.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And I've talked with a few people I know in the military in the US... and they think a draft is coming, for economic reasons, wars, coming civil unrest and because of the state of the troops.
[edit on 16-7-2009 by Vitchilo]

Interesting insight..I was just discussing that exact scenario..it makes total sense from the PTB perspective, doesn't it? Throw the have-nots into the meat grinder in the name of good 'ole Uncle Sam..solves everything...

It's always been my contention that this will be the last ditch move made when the masses finally realize that the economy is nothing more than a Ponzi scheme...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Yep it would solve a lot of problems... democrats own the senate and congress... so they would be able to pass it easy shot...even if a few democrats would be against it...republicans would be for it since they love war.

And another news item on government income numbers...

new topics

top topics

<< 413  414  415    417  418  419 >>

join