It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 390
<< 387  388  389    391  392  393 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Wow WE could have told them that...

[edit on 29-6-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

I did tell them that.

They laughed at me.

I made 20% post-tax on my "doom and gloom" positions last year.

They aren't laughing anymore.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Yea the fed gov is in a panic right as we speak. They don't know what to do. This has been along time coming. Our entire economy is a giant ponzi scheme.

I saw some people mention that on CNBC today that one of the talking heads admitted that the gov is manipulating and pumping the markets.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

nice play

hopefully you have moved out of those positions earlier this year though

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Yeah, I think a lot of people though have said this when they have said "stimulus spending propping up the markets"

I think they just say it in "different terms".. I could be way off though

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

Yea the fed gov is in a panic right as we speak. They don't know what to do. This has been along time coming. Our entire economy is a giant ponzi scheme.

I saw some people mention that on CNBC today that one of the talking heads admitted that the gov is manipulating and pumping the markets.

Oh yes they are, they used to try to hide it but they don't even bother anymore. Its pretty damn funny.

I assume you know about the "plunge protection team," right? If not, google it. When I first became aware of it it was a tiny operation. Now its the main job of the goldman sachs alum societies... oops, uh, I mean the fed and treasury.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Who's down with the PPT, I'm down with the PPT, You down with the PPT, yea everybody!
That was my Naughty by Nature parody.

I don't know how Wal-Street(I'm going to spell it like Wal-Mart from now on) feels about the PPT, but I would imagine that most of the floor traders and brokers that still have jobs aren't living the extravagant lifestyles they once were, they are probably stashing every bit of cash and getting the escape pods ready to go.

They have to be on edge knowing that the PPT can pull plug when ever they have sucked every fraction of a cent they possibly can. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if the dump comes when interest payment time comes this fall.

That way they can declare a bank holiday and devalue the dollar that way instead of monetizing more debt or defaulting on the payments.

Edit to add - That is of course if California can stay afloat for that much longer. They are literally playing with fire, all it would take is for an unforeseen event to happen for it to all come crashing down.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
What happened to "better than expected"?

UK GDP "much worse than expected" guardian.co.uk, 30 June.

UK economy bombed 'earlier and deeper' This is Money, 30 June.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

What about people that can not afford this type of expenses, they government will be the one forwarding the money? or they will be on a payment plan.

I wonder.

BTW right now I know for sure that is a lot of people doing everything they can to get their congressman or woman to vote against the bill.

Remember that only seven Republican whores where the ones that got lured by the lobbyist pimps to vote for it.

So is up to the people from the states that vote it to make them change their minds.

Because Democrats are all in the pockets of the 600 + interest groups pimping in Washington.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

What about people that can not afford this type of expenses, they government will be the one forwarding the money? or they will be on a payment plan.

Either foreclosure or payment plan. Of course many won't accept neither... this will certainly lead to trouble.

I wouldn't accept neither.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
this is shaping up to be a very bad day for the markets...

*Consumer confidence falls in June
*Home prices post 18.1 percent annual drop in April
*Jobless rates rise in all US metro areas in May

those were today's headlines and the falling markets show the world is listening to facts rather then the spin doctors spiel...

What will be interesting is if TPTB really are propping up the markets, we we should see that later today...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
A quick peek at how the day is going ...
Dow is dow -114 S&P 500 at -11.36 on the live trackers
COMMODITY FUTURES are plunging too
VALUE CHANGE % CHANGE
Oil 69.47 -2.02 -2.83
Gold 926.30 -14.40 -1.53
Natural Gas 3.82 -0.12 -3.09
Source

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

off to a great start

I guess IOU's don't mean much to the stock market

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Tuesday June 20 2009 @ 12:25PM
Dow 8,398.79 -130.59 -1.53%

probably see it go up and down all day...again

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm laughing hysterically at this economic news. I am reminded of some guy on CNBC (little guy, annoying voice, ugly big glasses, kinda young, wasn't important enough to remember his name) declaring that the Recession had ended, and that we where entering a new golden age. To which, all 6 of his analyst laughed at him, Peter Schiff consoling him "at least your record for bad economic predictions will hold".

Ah here it is:

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

Here's the CNBC clip you're referring to

And Here It Is On CNBC: Manipulation

About three to four more months of ponzinomics left.....

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yeah, Dennis Kneale is such a tool, I love what Jeff Macke did to him....

I really pity those that buy this garbage....they are lemmings running for the cliff..

The good news is that Ponzinomics will meet it's inevitable end this fall...I really can't wait to see the look on all these CNBC stooges pointy little faces when it becomes obvious to the sheep...

[edit on 30-6-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Okay I would consider this market related.

So I'm kind of going through this cap and trade BS, well they are going to regulate the height and lumens of lights you can put in you yard. The federal government will now have a mechanism to see how much energy a power plant is putting out. All kinds of crazy stuff.

Okay here is a funny one though, they are going start a program to see if it is feasible to put the carbon content of products on the label.

Now the kicker that is really really bad. The government is going to call carbon credits "strategic reserves" that must be auctioned every quarter. Also the administrator can deem any man made gas a greenhouse gas.

So the administrator can essentially claim that the CO2 that we exhale is a greenhouse gas and tax us. Although that isn't in the bill I don't think it is that much of a leap for it to be a cause for concern.

So pretty much the bill is saying that the government owns the air. Not to mention the bureaucratic nightmare this bill is.

This is economic suicide.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have been waiting some time to say this, but I feel pretty confident now at this point.

Nothing is going to bring this market down from here IMO, and we have tested the 50 EMA and passed this test handily and now we have come back to the 20 EMA and it looks like we are using this once more as a support level.

If you take a look at this chart, I would say that we continue to consolidate into the 200 EMA, and then we either test the 50 EMA once more and breakout, or use the 20 EMA solely as support and breakout from here. Expect the breakout to be around DOW 9200 area, this should all come to fruition in around 2 weeks or so give or take.

If we were going to make a negative move I think we would have sold it all off this morning when they had the chance and if we can get to 3:00 EST without us dropping under 8400 (+/-) and 915 SP500 (both cash) I think we have an "end of quarter run" as well....

[edit on 30-6-2009 by GreenBicMan]

EDIT:

As relating to my resistance #1 - at this point w/factoring this in with the "technical moves" I am pretty confident we would have fallen about 100+_ on the SP500 and at least 1200+ points on the DOW (resistance #1 was around 8850 or 8900 if I remember correctly)

[edit on 30-6-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

You just don't get it Rockpuck. "Orders are up 3 months out of the last 4..." "Business spending: greatest percentage increase in 5 years..." "Consumer sentiment..." - all peachy.

Then there's the Fed. Nobody doubts their word:

* Low risk of inflation

* No risk of deflation

* Rate of contraction of the economy slowing

This horrible, frightening recession is ending NOW.

And don't forget the water-tight basis of this statement: "It's about hope more than it is data."

And there's a 'V' in the stock maket & oil prices...

And now we are clearly on the way up!

Nice to see the freak who appears at 3:52 outnumbered. He seemed totally off his head...

Then at 4:45 - "This is an investment show..."

I stopped laughing at this point. I thought it was The Goons Show.

Oh. Hang on.

*head scratch*

That means the yes men are the freaks & the oddball is on the level.

Let's do a quick retake.

"Orders are up 3 months out of the last 4..." Wait a minute; no mention of by how much.

"Business spending: greatest percentage increase in 5 years..."

Ah yes - a 'percenatge increase' just means a mild improvement on a shocking low. And doubtless driven by the the MSM push to drive up consumer sentiment.

"Consumer sentiment..." - oh yeah, the gullibility index.

The Fed. Hmmm. Unaudited. Long record of overoptimistic & outrageous predictions. Probably means the reality is:

* High risk of inflation

* Significant risk of deflation

* Rate of contraction of the economy is the only measure they can come up with to throw a positive light on the present. Not surprising: there aren't too many US-based global automobile manufactureres left to fail at this point.

Ergo: this horrible, frightening recession is deepening now.

So the "It's about hope more than it is data" seems to be the only reliable statement coming from the 'it's-all-over' camp.

I think that about sums it all up.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
On Thursday unemployment comes out...it will be interesting to see how high that is and what that does to the markets. Everyone believes that the markets are going to go down. I guess that means we edge higher

new topics

top topics

<< 387  388  389    391  392  393 >>

join