It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Night Watchman

If you want the physical stuff you can actually go to ebay and get some. They even sell whole bars, I've bought some at well below market value.
If you're patient enough you can find very profitable deals.

I have been a little skeptical about buying gold or silver on ebay. I mean I know I can get ripped off at my local coin shop too, but I just feel as odds are I am going to get ripped off on ebay.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingfanpaul

NO...you don't understand...

"people" are affecting a "disloction"...

not gonna be pretty...a reason why silver is showing gains???

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
DAMMM... I know I saw a article earlier...50+K gold option from the middle-east???

Some relation is apparent...

Nasdaq Dubai Lists 50,000 Dubai Gold Securities Linked to Metal's Price
www.bloomberg.com...

i knew I saw it!!

This is why Gold has taken a dive!!!

[edit on 3/3/2009 by Hx3_1963]

link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

NO...you don't understand...

You are correct! I don't have a clue

On a side note, silver is still going down. What time do the markets open/close for metals?

link   

The US Mint actually makes pure silver coins, American Silver-Eagles And gold coins, American Eagles and Buffalo gold coins. You can get them at larger banks - you may have to order them - for fair market value.

The mint also lists Authorized dealer by state lookup that link is good for all coinage

I have quite a few of all 3 types

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Metals don't have an open/close... unless your buying stocks or some form of contract from a mining company through an exchange..

Metals are not like stocks.. you don't purchase the metal through an exchange, but through a dealer.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
posted on 3/3/2009 @ 01:08 single this post edit"quote"REPLY TO:

DAMMM... I know I saw a article earlier...50+K gold option from the middle-east???

Some relation is apparent...

Nasdaq Dubai Lists 50,000 Dubai Gold Securities Linked to Metal's Price
www.bloomberg.com...

I knew I saw it!!

This is why Gold has taken a dive!!!

Nasdaq Dubai Lists First Security Tied to Gold Price (Update1)
Email | Print | A A A

By Arif Sharif

March 2 (Bloomberg) -- Nasdaq Dubai Ltd., the Gulf emirate’s stock market open to issuers of all nationalities, listed a gold security today, allowing Arab investors access to the metal amid growing economic uncertainty.

The bourse began trading 50,000 Dubai Gold Securities, each representing a tenth of an ounce of gold, Jeff Singer, Nasdaq Dubai’s chief executive officer, told a news conference in Dubai today. The shariah-compliant security, an initiative of the World Gold Council and the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre, is the first exchange-traded commodity to list on Nasdaq Dubai, he added.

Dubai Gold allows investors “simple and secure” access to investing in gold bullion “without the additional cost associated with insuring, storing and transacting in physical gold,” according to a statement released at the conference.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

The US Mint actually makes pure silver coins, American Silver-Eagles And gold coins, American Eagles and Buffalo gold coins. You can get them at larger banks - you may have to order them - for fair market value.

The mint also lists Authorized dealer by state lookup that link is good for all coinage

I have quite a few of all 3 types

I got a few some gold krugerrands, some silver american eagles, and a bunch of 1 ounce silver generics.

So if you buy it at the larger banks do you get it for the exact market price or do you still have to pay a fee/commission/whatever they call it when I buy my coins at the local shops?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I have a bank here that is also an authorized dealer - and it's been a while since I purchased new coinage - but I *think* it was a tad cheaper at the bank than at the dealers - don't hold me to that - I'm old and you know how memory goes when you get old

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Did you see that link/article I edited a couple posts up?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Metals don't have an open/close... unless your buying stocks or some form of contract from a mining company through an exchange..

Metals are not like stocks.. you don't purchase the metal through an exchange, but through a dealer.

No wonder! lol. Seemed like everytime I went to check the commodities quotes on bloomberg that metals were always trading. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Sounds like they are trying to design a hedge against falling crude prices.

Wonder how well it's going over with the local populace. It still is "paper gold" rather than physical gold.

Then again, it may go over well there

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

I have a bank here that is also an authorized dealer - and it's been a while since I purchased new coinage - but I *think* it was a tad cheaper at the bank than at the dealers - don't hold me to that - I'm old and you know how memory goes when you get old

Don't worry, I consider myself young but my memory is shot! I can vouch that concussions do indeed mess up your brain

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

None the less... it is "lever" to affect the market..."ripples"...another sign to watch...agree?

I'm gonna jump out a high-rise soon!!!

How in the name of sam can the markets ralley...with all we've heard in the past 5 days???

@#%@#@$&@#*Stander...Red...give me some inner calm!!!

a "lession" would be great right now!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

The mid east has been trying for quite a while to find a way to switch away from USD as the conduit for oil trade. The Gold Dinar is also an attempt, and since 2006 it is a real coin in Malaysia.

There are many Paper Gold funds out there, so one more isn't going to make that much of a mark. But....

If gold becomes the conduit for oil exchange, then the USD is toast

ETA:

Rally is due to too many stocks being oversold in the dump we just went through. Normal reaction - don't jump!

Funds sell too many in the tank and HAVE to buy back some of them, creating rising price. Normal, calm down
Have a bit of chamomile tea LOL

[edit on 3/3/09 by redhatty]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

great...then we have the Eastern Consortium trying a "build" against a "western consortium"?

Asia/China have been trying to consolidate Natural Resources lately...trading debt for NR's...

I'm calm...I'm calm...

pump & dump...got it...I think I said that earlier?!? duh

retrenchment...the "pump"...before the collapse ie:...the "dump"...

logical captain...steady as she goes...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Wow.. I would never in my life buy one of those "tenth of an ounce gold securities" .. hey, buy some gold.. without uh .. ever seeing it..... we promise *snickers* that when you want the physical element we will ..... have it on hand.. assuming ya'll don't want it at once now...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Fractional banking has ALWAYS used that "mantra"...

+2K Yr later..right...show me the money!!!

Bankers are the "roaches" of the Earth...

Great...Red...CNBC is saying a -5th wave coming at us...failing...663...man o' man...hoping for a 740 by friday ralley...but...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

A bit simplistic, but as we have many thread readers trying to wrap their heads around what we talk about easily, here is a little easy to read "tutorial" on overbought/oversold market conditions.

And please - any of your regular thread readers, do not be afraid to ask a question about terms or anything else you don't understand - we all had to begin our understanding somewhere & there are quite a few of us in this thread that are happy to help

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I hear ya Rockpuck, but you know what is really crazy - 80% of the goldbugs own paper gold and not enough physical.

Hx3 - CNBC is still trying to use Elliot Wave and Fib calculations to make sense of this market - they don't work anymore - we've been talking alot about that over at TF

OKay - so much for a rally Here's the auto news coming in

TOYOTA NEEDS A BAILOUT

Hattip to Dan721 @ TF

as Euro and Pound both improve by 1c+ /DX grinded higher all day long trying to tag the Nov 20 high of 89.25, but fell short. It's fallen to a low of 88.47 from the post-lockup high of 89.195. The solid green line it's fallen beneath was a strong and steeply-sloped uptrend channel starting on 2/23 (after the Sunday opening shenanigans, for those that were watching).

Make of it what you will. It's the hardest the /DX futures have been hit in a while
Chart

And fear in the Bond Market

[edit on 3/3/09 by redhatty]

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join