It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 389
<< 386  387  388    390  391  392 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I am so good at predictions is not funny, but then again we all know this one was coming.

Another stimulus by Obama?

Obama Could Mull 2nd US Stimulus If Needed: Adviser

We are a nation of nothing but stimulus recipients and they have nothing to do with the struggling tax payer as we are getting nothing but the bill.

Obama pushed through a $787 billion emergency stimulus bill after taking office in January, and the White House said at the time it hoped this move would keep unemployment under double-digit levels.

However, the economy has weakened by more than expected and the White House now warns the jobless rate could breach 10 percent in coming months, up from 9.4 percent in May, in the face of the toughest recession in decades.

"We have not broken the back of the recession," Axelrod said. "We are going to have to sail through some very difficult times here. But the question is are we moving in the right direction."

www.cnbc.com...

All those billions and trillions spend and we are not better than when the economic mess started.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
www.marketwatch.com...

Elliot Wave theorists and forecasters which foresaw a bearish downturn beginning in 2000 (they talk about these "cycles" that last for years and are heavily into technical analysis (GBM should be interested).

Basically they are saying a continual rally could insue to DOW 10,000 or a little more, but that deflationary pressures will ultimately overwhelm everything and the markets will eventually crash again.

I've always said that the rally is still going to continue, and I still believe that...Too many skeptics still out there.

They also say they are BULLISH on the dollar.

The good thing about the markets is that there is always a trade despite what happens...deflation or inflation, fear or greed.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

bullish on the dollar makes sense (fade the public as i have been saying)

but what i do not get is they get to the point of 10,000 with TA, and then use economic situations to forecast the rest

i am not big at all as i have said into EWT, but I still am at the point of letting the pro's sort it out right now till I see a real sustained move off my old resistance #1 (if you go back 100 pages)

resistance #2 would be inline right at around 10,000 though, so I guess there is more than one way to skin a cat

[edit on 29-6-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

bullish on the dollar makes sense (fade the public as i have been saying)

Yeah I am someone who believes the dollar will have another run up again. The question though is when...because forex is so leveraged, and you short the sterling at 1.66 and buy the dollar and there is more rallying, risk aversion and inflationary expectations (which I think can still go on further) then you lose A LOT of money...I can't see the dollar rallying hard if markets are still rallying.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Yeah, I think they may mean "long-term" or buy now and hold.

That would be my personal belief, but I think thats what they are talking about bc obviously as you stated strong dollar right now doesn't really equal another 1,000+ pts on the dow

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

We are going to need another stimulus, that much is certain.

With the Cap and Trade likely to pass..... we will all need Stimulus money to pay our heating bills this winter.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think this administration is too proud to let stocks drop much.....to that point i think the PPT will go all in at key technical levels ....the best level to be aware of seems to 950

Todd harrison from "minyanville" on tech ticker says

Technical Indicators: As detailed here, Harrison believes S&P 950 is the "most important level of the year" and believes the bulls have a window to make a run at that mark in the next week to 10 days.

interesting to watch

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I am on a payment plan for my electricity, my bill tops about 400 dollars during the winter and the summer months, that means I have to control during the nice weather months in between, Spring and fall to be able to keep my bill on 200 dollars a month.

So what this mean? I will not be able to afford electricity anymore? even with a payment plan?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
www.marketwatch.com...

Elliot Wave theorists and forecasters which foresaw a bearish downturn beginning in 2000 (they talk about these "cycles" that last for years and are heavily into technical analysis (GBM should be interested).

Basically they are saying a continual rally could insue to DOW 10,000 or a little more, but that deflationary pressures will ultimately overwhelm everything and the markets will eventually crash again.

I've always said that the rally is still going to continue, and I still believe that...Too many skeptics still out there.

They also say they are BULLISH on the dollar.

The good thing about the markets is that there is always a trade despite what happens...deflation or inflation, fear or greed.

i see no driver for us jobs to spark lending and thus inflation or spending

the only way i see real inflation is should the dollar be turned into toilet paper (the rumors of it's death have been exagerated)........OR PERHAPS some sort of Technological breakthru that creates jobs........

in the mean time the sky rocketing costs of dealing with a elderly population is going to force some difficult political decisions....like letting people pass away and giving medical care coverage to those that seem "productive" or fit enough........i think the USA has seen it's golden age.....and the sun is setting

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
pragcap.com...-2563

A CBOE trader and Rick Santelli on CNBC said they and other traders said that the government is propping up the markets and that these aren't free markets and that it isn't reflecting anything right now. Also Rick Santelli had a little rant on how the government is spending more and consumers are saving more so the liabilities are just being transferred.

Wow WE could have told them that...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
One another thing that will make foreclosures rise... if cap and trade bill passes...

All the homes will be inspected for ``energy efficiency`` and according upgrades will be needed under X amount of time.

All homes will be needed to be at California level of efficiency. Those who don't have the money or won't do it : eminant domain + kicked out of your home.

Isn't that sweet? I'm pretty sure all houses where there's snow will have a big problem ajusting and it will be expansive.

Not to mention the energy prices that will rise by at least 50% across the board...that if the dollar doesn't die.

I'm really pissed at this legislation. It will of course stop the ``economic recovery`` BS and they will pass another bailout, screwing us even more.

And the government wants to take over all water in the US with S787.

Retailers having a terrible summer

Colorado employment crisis worst since the great depression

According to the news/analysts/info... a bigger crisis seems to be on the horizon for september-october...

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

When do those checks start being assessed at the houses?

Like this year?

Or like 2020?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

IMO as soon as the bureaucracy is set in motion. Let's say it passes in July. I think they have about 90 days to set up the whole thing... then they will hire the people, just like the census... to inspect homes.

So if all goes well, by the end of the year, they'll start. And IMO it will take at least 2 years to inspect every home... but I could be wrong since there will be surely protests to this thing.

Or it could be faster since I knew that Obama would be worse than Bush, but not that fast, that bad. And since that everytime they want to opress us, they are always more efficient.

And you've seen the ``Obama consider bulldozing parts of cities`` story? IMO if your house is declared unfit and nobody wants it or it's ``unfitable``.... consider your house gone.

Also, many states have not yet passed a budget for the coming year and will be in trouble in the next 2 days. And California is in even more trouble coming august 1.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I caN't see the whole "obama patrol" inspecting your home going over quite well with a few people lol!!

You can damn well bet they would have to pay me a boatload of $$$ to knock on some of your doors and tell you that I am coming inside like it or not hahahaaha

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

I caN't see the whole "obama patrol" inspecting your home going over quite well with a few people lol!!

You can damn well bet they would have to pay me a boatload of $$$ to knock on some of your doors and tell you that I am coming inside like it or not hahahaaha

Money means nothing when you can just print it. Though I don't think people will go around inspecting your house. Though if you want to legally sell your house, the contractor may have to inspect it beforehand to make sure it is climate safe...but they wouldn't be crazy enough to do that I hope...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Oh, there's enough stupid people that will do it willingly. Global warming is like a cult now and they'll have enough people that will go there.

As the economy gets worse, people will take those jobs, saying that it's better to that, having a job and ``saving the environment`` than not having a job... I guess it's better to be a concentration camp guard then not having a job eh?

the contractor may have to inspect it beforehand to make sure it is climate safe...but they wouldn't be crazy enough to do that I hope...

It's in the bill. That + home inspection for EVERY HOUSE.

That's what Boehner said on C-Span when he red the bill. I know, I watched C-Span for about 3 hours.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Well man, I would have to say that having any job is better than eating out of the garbage can, so you do what you have to do, no doubt.

And yes, them paying me wouldn't be of any concern.. I know daddy warbucks has plenty to go around

But how will homes be compliant if they are not checked by an official? So wouldn't someone have to check it.. or did i miss something?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

But how will homes be compliant if they are not checked by an official? So wouldn't someone have to check it.. or did i miss something?

Probably it will work like this.

- Official inspector comes in your house, see if the home is compliant.
- It's not
- They say that within 90 days you must do X at a cost of X
- After 90 days, they will probably ask you to send them a copy of the receipt from the corporation who did the work.
- If you do not comply, they will get you like they do with the IRS.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Is it just me, or do you think if this bill passes this stuff isn't going to go over so well with people?

I see major chaos happening if this bill passes. The economic damage this will do will be astronomical.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

Is it just me, or do you think if this bill passes this stuff isn't going to go over so well with people?

I see major chaos happening if this bill passes. The economic damage this will do will be astronomical.

Revolution is right around the corner.

I knew it was close for some time but its coming down fast now, there is no doubt about it.

You will see actual tax revolts very soon, and the streets will run red if the fedgov panics and tries grabbing guns or something equally as stupid.

top topics

<< 386  387  388    390  391  392 >>

join