It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 388
<< 385  386  387    389  390  391 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Your guess is as good as mine. I'm just about to the point where I am going to write my name in.

The people that are actual reformers don't even get the publicity needed to get there. I'll write your name in. Even though you are all the way across the country at least you know you two votes.

Seriously though, have to start a grass roots campaign is the only thing I can think of, and have everybody write their own names in. I don't know how well that would work.

But people just don't care about politics until in effects them. The current political climate is about to turn into chaos.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Hey now that's a good idea!

Write your own name in...that would really screw with TPTB

If everyone did that I wonder how they would report that

Eliminating tobacco use eliminates tax revenue
www.wrn.com...

Dow Jones Industrial Average 8,427.73 2:39pm ET Down 44.67 (0.53%)
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH 917.70 2:54pm ET Down 2.56 (0.28%)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

If everyone did that I wonder how they would report that

And the Democrats pull a clean sweep we now have a one party government, this is a monumental time in history!!! We are all going to be saved!!!! HIP HIP HORRAY!!!! YAY!!!!!

Knowing my luck it would backfire and they incumbent would win by 2 votes. I think the ideal way of doing it though is to get each section of the city to vote for a different person that way there has to be a run off. I don't know how practical or possible that is though.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Volume was TOTALLY anemic today. Almost every stock I looked at had volume half or less than their average. These included BAC, WFC, C, GE, XOM, WMT,F, X.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Its a nice day, who wants to be inside? I'm currently sitting in traffic lol .. oh what a way to spend a beautiful day!

AND its Friday! (5o'clock somewhere, right)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Volume was TOTALLY anemic today. Almost every stock I looked at had volume half or less than their average. These included BAC, WFC, C, GE, XOM, WMT,F, X.

You blame traders?

It's all Computer generated institution trading after hours now :shk:

They sit back and watch trends...if they see a weak spot they move a "shell" to cover it...been this way for a looong time now...

I wouldn't risk a dime with the power of the Fed feeding GS/JPM/MS/ect

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Its a nice day, who wants to be inside? I'm currently sitting in traffic lol .. oh what a way to spend a beautiful day!

AND its Friday! (5o'clock somewhere, right)

Here in "sunny" south Florida it isn't sunny. Thankfully I decided not to go into work today

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Is there any time/place you're not contemplating your next macro-economic analysis?

A budding politician who thinks through the issues every waking hour? You'd have my vote.

China argues to replace US dollar

I know this issue was mentioned earlier today, but it is of such magnitude it justifies another mention, I believe. (Only 2 or 3 months ago predictions of a new world currency emerging from the G20 summit - in this thread - must have sounded pure tin hat to some. But here we are...

Central bank chief Zhou Xiaochuan has loudly led calls for the dollar to be replaced during the financial crisis.

The bank report called for more regulation of the countries that issue currencies that underpin the global financial system.

"An international monetary system dominated by a single sovereign currency has intensified the concentration of risk and the spread of the crisis," the Chinese central bank said.

The dollar fell after the report was released. The US currency dropped 1% against the euro to $1.4088, and declined 0.8% versus the British pound to $1.6848.

SDRs

Mr Zhou caused a stir earlier this year when he said the dollar could eventually be replaced as the world's main reserve currency by the Special Drawing Right (SDR), which was created as a unit of account by the IMF in 1969.

SDR: Sold Down the Road. Sudden Drop in Rights. Sovereignty and Dollars Relinquished.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Haha, with my fancy G1 I am talking to you guys all over the place.. walking down town, hiking, driving, waiting for job interviews, you name it.. right now I'm picking peeps up and heading out for a few beers

Anywho, I would have to agree 100% that the majority of major swings are computer generated.. not to say real traders and smaller institutions don't move markets.. but those huge swing at 3:15 every day are big money from big banks with comp mods moving funds. The market, history wise, from 2001 on has fundementally changed.. since the collapse it's a whole new ball game, which favors big money that can trample the little guy.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
5 banks shut down in one day.. I think we have a record!

Still the economy is great right? And California is NOT bankrupt? And the cap and trade will not crush the economy right? And this is TOTALLY NOT a power grab from the feds... and Obama totally doesn't want to give all powers to the privately owned FED...

This is DISGUSTING.

5 banks... 264.2 millions cost to taxpayers...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Ah...don't get to excited...there's always next Friday

Actually that's a small amount compared to a couple of weeks ago

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
What I want to know is..... wtf is up with banks from Georgia?

And just checked, there where a few 4 bank closures in one day, but only one time 5 failed, and that was today.

[edit on 6/26/2009 by Rockpuck]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The south is preparing to rise again. They are taking their taxpayer money back by letting their banks fail.
(disclaimer: I was born and raised in the south)

Honestly though I have no idea. I guess they got sucked into the liar loans too and now are going defunct.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

It's weird.. Georgia isn't exceptionally high in foreclosures, unemployment or any of that.. but highest for bank failures, right up there with California. I just have not seen anything extraordinary about banking in Georgia ... maybe it is all those southern boys hiding money in their mattresses.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

And investing it into copper, brass, lead, and objects that will allows those commodities to be of use to them.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that is exactly what is happening. Also with the credit markets tightened up like they are I doubt very many people have the ability to get loans.

And if banks can't make loans then they don't make money. Also maybe the FDIC has now taken on to taking over banks just because they can now. Doesn't matter if they are solvent or not. They have their sights on owning all of Georgia's banks.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

It's weird.. Georgia isn't exceptionally high in foreclosures, unemployment or any of that.. but highest for bank failures, right up there with California. I just have not seen anything extraordinary about banking in Georgia ... maybe it is all those southern boys hiding money in their mattresses.

Georgia is at it's highest ever unemployment rate at present. Foreclosures are ubber high and will be real nasty in the way way over-blown housing of ATL.

Banking in ATL is friggin enormous...

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Criskahta]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

what happened to mark cubans website he launched to try to track fed spending of the relief package very soon after he was indighted on tax fraud by the feds i dont think they liked that he was watching their moves so they created this diversion i think if you look closely there is a story here somewhere and it might go right back to obama and his mama but thats just me

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Still looks like the markets could be in a topping process according to Art Cashin.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

My daughter works for a bank a local bank so far the local banks are more safe than the biggest ones, so those with more money involved are falling like flies.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is just peachy, Obama plans to slow down the foreclosures in the nation is nothing but a big nightmare for consumers and nothing is getting accomplished.

Paper Avalanche Buries Plan to Stem Foreclosures, so if you are in trouble chances are you will lose your home anyway.

As the so call prevention programs are no working at all.

www.cnbc.com...

It seems that all Obama administration can do is just offer hopes, nobody really is trying hard to make those hopes real.

new topics

top topics

<< 385  386  387    389  390  391 >>

join