It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 371
<< 368  369  370    372  373  374 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Karl Denninger will be on CNBC tomorrow during "Power Lunch" (approx 1:40 pm Eastern)

They have invited him to appear, booked and confirmed the remote broadcast & he is expected to be asked to discuss the "Fake Bearer Bonds"

Tune it & catch it, pretty much all of us who contribute to this thread have read at least one of his tickers along the way.

Hopefully CNBC is as entertaining of a segment as his nightly videos are :-)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Lol, I will probably be sleeping at that time, hopefully it will be on Youtube.

Why would they choose Karl in particular to discuss the "fake" bonds?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Thought I'd post this as trade wars and commodity's ect have been mentioned as of late...

Trade Barriers and the Collapse of World Trade During the Great Depression.
www.allbusiness.com...

Using panel data estimates of export and import equations for 17 countries in the interwar period, this paper estimates the effects of increasing tariff and nontariff trade barriers on worldwide trade over the period 1929 to 1932. The estimates suggest that real world trade contracted approximately 14% because of declining income, 8% as a result of discretionary increases in tariff rates, 5% owing to deflation-induced tariff increases, and a further 6% because of the imposition of non tariff barriers. Allowing for feedback effects from trade barriers on income and prices, discretionary impositions of trade barriers contributed about the same to the trade collapse as the diminishing nominal income.
More at the next small 10 Pgs

Lessons from the Great Depression
Google Books

Hmmm...9 years...1921 to 1930...2000 to 2009...

Great Depression
www.econlib.org...

~

The truth is that, until the summer or early fall of 1930, almost everyone expected the economy to recover, just as it had in 1921. Unfortunately, almost everyone underestimated the forces pulling the economy down. One was the drop in trade that resulted from collapsing commodity prices.

[edit on 6/18/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

If they are really real/fake I dont know..

I think the question is why did they "want" to get caught with them?

Sounds like someone is trying to manipulate our minds/currency IMO

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Also, forgot to add, as I have been saying NASDAQ is what we should really be following.

The DOW and SP500 with be the laggards here as tech. leads the way, also forget about the SMA as that is totally worthless technically and look to the EMA for confirmations

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I don't think they were fake, as usual the damage control team is working their magic, the ramifications of those bonds been real could bring the US markets to a stand still, occurs this is my personal opinion.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don't believe they are "fake" either...

I think it's just another damn smokescreen...they "got caught" is all!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Good news and bad news,

Jobless Claims Rise, but Continuing Claims Shrink

Initial claims for state unemployment insurance rose 3,000 to a higher-than-expected seasonally adjusted 608,000, the Labor Department said. Analysts polled by Reuters were expecting claims to dip to 600,000 from a previously reported 601,000.

However, so-called continued claims tumbled 148,000 to a smaller-than-anticipated 6.69 million in the week ending June 6, the latest week for which data is available. It was the lowest level since May 9, and the largest one-week drop since

www.cnbc.com...

I think our professional force is moving oversea.
perhaps they been outsourced by foreign nations.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Good news and bad news,

Jobless Claims Rise, but Continuing Claims Shrink

I
However, so-called continued claims tumbled 148,000 to a smaller-than-anticipated 6.69 million in the week ending June 6, the latest week for which data is available. It was the lowest level since May 9, and the largest one-week drop since

Funny yet tragic....this "good" news is simply people running out of their unemployment benefits.....ouch..

BTW here's a preview of what Karl will cover this afternoon..

Bearer Bonds Saga: Resolution?

I just have a gut feeling based on the way Treasury has responded to this that there's more here than meets the eye...MAJOR CYA going on here...

[edit on 18-6-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Occurs it is, is nothing but damage control to the highest level, this "incident" with the bonds is a nasty blow to the US but hey is nothing to see here, just two thieves with counterfeited bonds.

Now are the thieves going to be prosecuted in the US or we may never find out what happen to them

I have not heard much about the two person found with the bonds do you?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

They had fake 1 billion dollar bonds, as it's my understanding that these do not even exist, so I really doubt the others were real... I think this story is pretty bunk honestly.. just some morons got caught with monopoly money.

The story also reads if they wanted to, they could have also brought them in a pouch where they could not be checked. Why didn't they do this? This whole story smells like disinformation to me marg

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

But the story also said, that Counterfeiting is a serious offense and it looks like the two men just go out the easy way with not extradition and not complains from the US as the bonds are supposed to be counterfeited from.

It smells fishy and looks fishy to me.

Where is the outrage.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

This could as well be a conceptual art project

Someone's making fools out of fools...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Like I said many, many pages back.. as summer approaches, and especially in fall.. the Unemployment will start going down, continued claims will shrink ......

Because people are getting knocked off.

Not by choice.. as Job losses are beating New Jobs 10:1 right now..

This is the beginning, our future looks brighter when we sweep our people in distress under the rug.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I believe they were real. The denomination of them were 500 million along with some Kennedy Bonds and some other things.

Seeing as how the Kennedy bonds would be expired how many of the other bonds would be expired.

The thing that makes this whole story fishy is the fact that the people were released. Just doesn't make any sense.

Those bonds could have easily come from China too. They are in the processes of selling T-bills. They could have been trying to do it under the radar to not cause alarm. So them intentionally getting caught could be a possibility.

____

And "W" Hotels, St. Regis, Four Seasons are facing Foreclosure.
I just saw that On the News.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

See here is the problem

Kennedy bonds are totally fictitious to the best of my knowledge and NEVER were produced..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

True, well the US Gov says they are all fake. But what happened to the two Japanese people that disappeared? I guess they were subject to renditions is the only thing I can think of.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Anyone watching TTT on CNBS?

I've never seen such a strained smile while being grilled in all my life

Dow Jones Industrial Average 8,558.70 11:34am ET Up 61.52 (0.72%)
NASDAQ Composite 1,803.94 11:34am ET Down 4.12 (0.23%)
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH 917.37 11:34am ET Up 6.66 (0.73%)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Im sure they are all fake..

Lets put it this way.

We know these KENNEDY BONDS were NEVER MADE IN THE FIRST PLACE?

I think we can all agree on this.

So logically, would you think that since these bonds (kennedy) are totally bunk, do you think they are walking around with a legit 100+ billion of LEGIT bonds?

haha, hell no IMO, and this was nothing but a couple of d-bags being d-bags.

Either I think this was set up to try to draw attention to the US Currency disinformation campaign being propagated by foreign governments (refer to M Bartaromo interview with Russian President) or just a couple of idiots..

Also, I think I have heard someone refer to this being nothing more than carrying monopoly money around so there would be no charges anyways since these are so bunk it is ridiculous.

I just think this story was way blown out of proportion in the first place and thats why MSM never really ran with this too far bc this prob. happens quite a bit (or that is my guess, or maybe at least people usually don't get busted in this fashion)

If someone was really carrying this $$$$$$$ - dont you think they would buy off someone to transfer these or at least carry them in diplomatic pouches, or at least be surrounded by bodyguards or flown in a plane or something better than public transportation???

DISINFORMATION IMO

Either someone

1. Wanted to be caught (see above about foreign govt.)

2. Just your average d-bags

3. Disinformation, all of it

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Yes, I am starting to get to like Tim Tim lol

He is like the kid that gets caught and cant help but laughing about it

Too bad we all know this questioning is going nowhere anyways, its just flaunting that the FED/Treasury can do as they please and just laugh anyways.. Id rather watch a replay of becky quick in the morning

top topics

<< 368  369  370    372  373  374 >>

join