It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 351
<< 348  349  350    352  353  354 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

So as we all suspected TARP money is being misused big time probably to prop up the equities markets as well.

The sad thing is that if Americans had those extra dollars that are being stolen from the economy by JPM, it could help fuel a real economic recovery.

This is such blatant criminal activity why isn't it front page news?

The only way America will wake up is if the media spotlights these frauds.
So far only Reuters and Bloomberg are reporting the JPM tanker story.

The Federal Reserve must be aware of whats going on. Angela Merkel the German chancellor had some criticism of the US federal reserve. Seems that over in the Eurozone they are biting the bullet with a tighter monetary policy and the GDP numbers are still contracting at an alarming rate in Europe.

If you are trying to understand the NWO, a good place to start is by sorting out the different media sources to see what stories they carry. Media ties are critical for government control.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

That's the DJIA I posted, not the S&P.

Sorry for not labeling clearly.

Incidentally, the update I really ought to make regards the national debt:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/288c5b56fe5c.gif[/atsimg]

Source

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
my mistake w the chart

dollar hangn on

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Good news, good news!!! You never find anything like this in the "alternative," doomsday-oozing media.

.Wal-Mart says it will create 22,000 jobs in 2009

news.yahoo.com...

We must buy Wall Mart shares . . .
finance.yahoo.com...

Not an attractive proposition for the pack that gathers in the stock exchange these days to squeeze a buck out of any crap that hits the wire.

The pig was fed between 10 and 11 am by 100 points. I wonder who brought the fodder . . .

Crude oil prices are garnering support after analysts at Goldman Sachs forecast oil prices of $85 per barrel for 2009, which represents a near 30% premium over the prior session's closing price. Oil prices are currently up 2.5% to $67.80 per barrel.

Aah, Goldman Sachs devised a little formula that pluggs in the 22,000 new Wall Mart employees who will commute to work. Let's see . . .

Co[f] = (P* x G(a) + 1.0078^e / Ia) / (W x m)

Here you have it, folks. It apperas that the newly-hired Wall Mart employees have something in common: they all drive '68 Cadillacs.

[edit on 6/4/2009 by stander]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Great there goes the standards of living, "thanks walmart" for help create the under pay work force, the one that will have to spend their checks in Wal-mart because their pay checks will not be enough to spend anywhere else.

But hey they have everything you need all thanks to China, they are great lets keep supporting the Chinese industrial base.

I guess all those that had lost their jobs, had their pension cuts, retirements lost can not wait to work for Waly land.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I love head lines like this one,

Jobless Claims, Productivity Signal Recession Is Easing yes they are while the nation is running out of good pay jobs and people no longer can filed for unemployment benefits.

hey but Wal mart got jobs!!!!!!!.

www.cnbc.com...

And then you got this one under the big head line, but in small letters.

Farr: Green Shoots Have Shallow Roots

Bernanke said US Budget Deficits threaten financial stability.

Bernanke said either spending cuts or tax increases are necessary to stabilize the fiscal situation.

This year's budget deficit will likely be 4x last year's.

www.cnbc.com...

Just a littler twist here and there.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
We must investigate the principle inequalities: If you buy a brand new car, how much would that car be worth after five years of being operated on average?

A Goldman Sachs analyst would surely ask for the price the new car was bought for to answer the question. It's not suprising that these collage graduate jerks are not able to answer the question straight out: The car would be worth LESS than it was bought for.

And why is it so?

Well, there must be some depreciation factor involved in the price being lower after some five years. But the depreciation factor may not apply elsewhere, right Tim?

Talk to me dude . . .
finance.yahoo.com...

Aha. The depreciation seems not to work with the houses.

It used to be that folks were building houses to live in, but later, unlike cars, houses became an item to invest in. But that's bunch of bull -- a result of a fraud on a large scale.

Houses depreciate as much as cars do. America has two ways to go: it will become a dictatorship country supporting further illicit market mechanisms, or it will go through a long period of "perestroika."

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Today's recommended Reading

Goldman Sachs Principal Transactions Update: 741 Million Shares

Latest NYSE Program Trading data out. Program trading last week ramped up by 27% from 26.5% the week before, to 33.7% of all NYSE buy+sell volume, and much higher than the 52 week average of 25.3%. The 15 most active member firms traded 1.9 billion shares for principal accounts, compared to 1.6 in the prior week. The top principal trader is and has always been (at least for the past 9 months) Goldman Sachs, with 741.7 million principal trades, virtually nothing in facilitation and 115 million in agency, keeping the principal to non-principal ratio at just under 7x.

more at link

The Stock Market in Context with the Great Crash of 1929 - 1932

Please follow link to see the charts associated with the article. Article's conclusion

From our own viewpoint, without signficant structural reforms to the US economy and political process, which at this time seem unlikely to overcome the resistance of the status quo, the Fed's actions will most likely result in another type of bubble, less obvious than the last two perhaps, and a stagflationary economic recovery of a sort combing some of the nastier aspects of the Japanese experience, but with a nasty dose of the post-Soviet / Argentinian slumps.

A deflationary envionrment with a stronger US dollar appears to be a fantasy in our opinion, although we have always held it to be possible. Of course it is possible. If the Fed raised short term rates to 22 percent tomorrow, we would see a serious deflation and a stronger dollar.

We would also see riots and civil insurrection in response. This is another limiting factor on the policy decisions of the Fed and the Administration, which people tend to underappreciate, again ignoring many of the social and political events of the 1930's.

The US dollar will continue to decline until there is a precipitating currency crisis that clears the market for US debt. Things will not be able to continue on this way forever. We estimate that the next bubble, if the Fed is able to get the rest of the world behind it, will be decisive.

However, we continue to degrade the probability of this happening as the weeks go by, and the rest of the world appears to be asserting its financial sovereignty from the Anglo-American banking cartel.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
job losses are going to keep going and going and going and there is no driver for jobs in the future....

they may be declining slightly but it will be a Slow decline.....with the amount of unemployed/and underemployed rising for a long time

the biggest problem in this country is the people don't have a voice in washsington.....the second biggest problem which contributes to the first is the media have taken the side of their corporate masters and half the people are so ignorant and love their ignorance so much that they will call out anyone who sticks up for the injustice because they would rather not have their comfort zone bumped..

the logical thing is that as this depression unfolds (think of a very long recession)......the total pie is getting smaller and smaller (although the media cry's that this is getting smaller at a slower rate lol).....well the elite investment class is FIGHTING and creating pressure on washington (thru lobbyists lawyers and insiders(revolving door)....to "regulate" and create policy that maintaines the standard of living for the elite.......so you will see the lower and middle classes take more than the hit they would have from this long recessiion.....they will take a double hit......and the spending out of wash..will continue to be unproductive pork..........unless we protest more and hit em in the wallet..........

[edit on 4-6-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
the biggest problem in this country is the people don't have a voice in washsington.....

You are so right is not funny, but I am going to tell you who is the ones that have a voice over the American people with our own former elected officials train by tax payer money backing them up.

Former elected official now lobbying for China

The Chinese defense team is filled with former American trade officials and government staffers, who left their public positions for private employment as lobbyists for interest groups. The Chinese obviously want to influence the ITC ruling in their favor and, according to the USW and the associated team of U.S. Representatives, are able to accomplish this by employing individuals who still have influence in Washington policymaking.

In their letter to the Government Accountability Office, the Representatives claim that federal employees receive finely tuned training and expertise all at taxpayers expense, and that it is a breach of their social responsibility to use their acquired tools against the public.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is nice to see where the traitors of America gather every day to do business and for whom.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Red hatty i think that is a awesome piece from jesse's cafe

i believe we could very well have some bad characteristics of the japanese experience along with ugly characteristics from Russia/argentina as well.....

The fed blowing another bubble (which will be there LAST).....i'm not sure if they have enough capable borrowers to get a real bubble going maybe a baby one....if they are able to entice banks to lend then i will be impressed....

i mean perhaps if they believe they will be bailed out AGAIN ...then they will make reckless loans but what type of loans would they make where they can match the profits they generated in the 04-07 period???? while thinking they can off-load the risk.....i dunno think they can find the greater fools they may need for this.....

[edit on 4-6-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

I, for one, call BS on Wally World creating 22k jobs. The federal minimum wage is set to go up again pretty soon. We all know what happens when the minimum wage goes up: cashiers get laid-off and replaced by "self-scan" check-out lanes.

I'm sure they plan on opening as many new stores as possible, but I remain skeptical that this will be a sufficient number of jobs (in this country) to come out as a 22k gain, after we factor in the cashier lay-offs.

Of course, when our nation could lose millions of jobs by the years end, a 22k gain would be like finding a quarter in the gutter. You get a warm fuzzy feeling if you're the sap who found it, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. Some people wouldn't even stop to pick it up.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Great post. This excerpt, from the Jesse's Cafe link, sums up what I've been telling people:

The economic policy of the early post-Crash period was heavily influenced by what was later called Liquidationism epitomized by prevailing views of the Hoover Administration. The idea was that allowing companies and banks to fail as quickly as possible, in a relatively uncontrolled manner, was the appropriate response. This view is still held by the Austrian School of economics.

The flaw in this theory would seem to be that the decline of a crash is not like a natural decline in a business cycle or a severe demand contraction, but the result of a precipitous collapse from a Ponzi-like monetary and credit expansion.

One can argue this point, endlessly if they wish to ignore history and economic reality, but again we need to remember that the outcome in several other nations embracing this theory was the rise of militant, fascist political regimes in response to societal dislocations.

The handling of the bailouts basically sucked; but, people who flat-out oppose them (as I admit I did at the time) fail to consider the alternative: the complete and simultaneous collapse of the financial and automotive sectors. I'm a libertarian, and an Austrian-school economist (Schumpter's branch), but I can't envision that situation NOT ending in a Mad Max scenario. Even if these scary-bad things do happen (and I'm pretty Bearish, long-term), we at least kept the lights on for a little while longer.

My gripe is that TPTB seem to not recognize that another bubble is not the solution, and that if we CAN kick the can down the street for another few years -- and re-inflate the bubble or create a new bubble -- then "k-winter" is likely to come back back even nastier.

If it were me (and Gerald Celente is on the same page, and has made the same suggestion) then I would dump at least $100 Billion into Cold Fusion/Vacuum Energy research, knowing that a breakthrough would cause our economy to take off like a ROCKET. It could be fashioned after the Manhattan Project, and the results could be dumped into the public domain for any entrepreneur to capitalize on. But wait...investment bankers don't want that, for reasons that I'm not even close to understanding ....

[edit on 4-6-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I think the next 10 days will see a pretty good Fall in equity's.........bond's are gonna need some support with heavy supply coming in next week....the fed doesn't need 10 yr treasury spooking the green shoots by going to 4%........GBM where you at.....boiiiii

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The Chinese execute their corrupted people, but they hire corrupted Americans

Good for business.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

The Chinese execute their corrupted people, but they hire corrupted Americans

Good for business.

i hope they all go to china.....then there will be a chance for justice.....should they think there ways will fly across the pond

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

The media have a way to present news: The headline said that WalMart will create 22,000 new US jobs in 2009, but that's by 11,000 less than the number of people the retailer hired the last year due to the corporate expansion that comes each year. In other words, the notorious clause "less than expected" is buried down the lines within the article. That's why the WalMart shares traded the way they did -- like so what?

Goldman-Sachs came up with its "forecast" regarding the oil prices (up), and after a short while the same firm started to buy stocks broad-based style. Others followed and added to the piggy bank to be taken from tomorrow, first thing in the morning. Goldman-Sachs is a criminal organization that manipulates commodity markets and other assorted markets. They are responsible for gas prices going up more than they should. They hide behind a "free-market economy" slogans and are cancer to the system and folks are fu-king blind not to see through sh-t like that. The dumbest America gets, the better for "Goldman-Sucks ."

[edit on 6/4/2009 by stander]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Everyone and their grandma are in the inflation trade and shorting the dollar. In the long term this may be fine, but I think that people need to remember that when trades get overcrowded, that usually means the boat might be tipping over when it is least expected.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Another sugar coating news today, the markets will remind untouched by this.

Job Losses at 345,000, Less Than Forecast; Rate at 9.4%

But then again in the same article this comes out,

U.S. employers cut 345,000 jobs last month, the fewest since September and far less than forecast, according to a government report on Friday that was more evidence the economy's severe weakness was diminishing.

However, the Labor Department said the unemployment rate raced to 9.4 percent, the highest since a matching rate in July 1983, from 8.9 percent in April.

Financial markets cheered the news, with stock futures moving strongly positive after earlier indicating a slightly higher open for Wall Street. Bond prices moved lower, with the 10-year Treasury note yield popping to a fresh six-month high of 3.88 percent.

Interesting we are still in the crap and the markets is sheering about it and will do great. I wonder it is something going on that is allowing betting on the down fall of the America worker and some are making profits of it.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

From the BLS Report

Nonfarm payroll employment fell by 345,000 in May, about half the
average monthly decline for the prior 6 months, the Bureau of Labor
Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor reported today. The unem-
ployment rate continued to rise, increasing from 8.9 to 9.4 percent.
Steep job losses continued in manufacturing, while declines moderated
in construction and several service-providing industries.

Unemployment (Household Survey Data)

The number of unemployed persons increased by 787,000 to 14.5 million in May, and the unemployment rate rose to 9.4 percent. Since the start of the recession in December 2007, the number of unemployed persons has risen by 7.0 million, and the unemployment rate has grown by 4.5 percentage points.

Some hinky math using birth/death rate #'s to modify the "reported" numbers is what we have here.

In reality, 787,000 people lost a job in May

the U3 is now at 9.4% and the U6 is 16.4%

But, some folks will run with the reported numbers - until the real report passes over their desk (or comp terminal)

In the meantime, MBS are dropping hard (-37bps)

the 10 yr Treasuries (TNX) are at 3.9!!!

Housing market is destroyed this week

new topics

top topics

<< 348  349  350    352  353  354 >>

join