It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 349
<< 346  347  348    350  351  352 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Here have some fun with this one guys...You won't believe this! Bernanke wants to raise Taxes to cover his Butt.

mmmm I love the smell of lies in the morning.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander
Ahahahahaha -----> finance.yahoo.com...

From Ordering Steak and Lobster, to Serving It

Carlos Araya used to order lobster, filet mignon and $200 bottles of red wine at the Palm Restaurant in midtown Manhattan.

Now, he seats customers at its Tribeca branch.

Mr. Araya, 38 years old, lost his job in 2007 as a crude oil trader on the New York Mercantile Exchange. After visiting dozens of headhunters with no luck, he applied in August 2008 to be a host at the Palm to support his wife, two young daughters and mortgage payments. His salary has plunged from $200,000 to $25,000.

The less unproductive speculators, the better.

When writing "The Wealth of Nations," did Adam Smith forget to include a chapter on "futures?"

He didn't. This speculative and unproductive crap wasn't around when capital was forming due to unset of industrialization with feudalism on the way out. When things need to be done, there is no fu-king around with unproductive sh-t like that. The ratio of money that flows through the productive/unproductive sector has been increasing in favor to the unproductive part -- and that includes excessive military spending. Any nation indulging itself in excessive unproductive speculation will pay the price.

The naive economists regard the period after a recession as something that gives AAA rating to the fundamental rules that govern over the way folks are exchanging goods and services. That's wrong, coz the up and down time intervals will be far more frequent. New ill-conceived influences have been put in play that affect the basic rules. As an effect, capitalism itself will be quietly and intuitively redefined, and it will undergo a transformation over the next few decades.

The Joker stirred in the box, brushed his teeth and blew a whistle.
Ahahahahaha . . .

[edit on 6/3/2009 by stander]

Wow that isn't funny at all. It is actually sad. I agree with you that traders are pretty much unproductive, but it isn't funny when they lose everything.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well today so far was a slap in the face..

not even ben has saved me

guess i would have to rely on the PPT lol

@ redhatty - good assumption

@ my dad - /powned me

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
yes, owned 3x now on all fronts w/ my long term trendline breaking

owned on nat gas
owned on todays move
owned on overall market trend

/powned

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
yes, owned 3x now on all fronts w/ my long term trendline breaking

owned on nat gas
owned on todays move
owned on overall market trend

/powned

I don't understand why one day is such a big deal to you.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
May be the stock falling today has to do with this,

82% debt to GDP!! MSNBC cuts live feed of Bernake testimony

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Granted it's lower then many European Nations, when you take into account the SIZE of our GDP, and then say 82% of that is our debt to GDP .. well .. you should come to the realization that you will never even be able to fathom the size of that number.

Our economy and state since the fall of the Soviet Union seems to be preparing for what ever comes next... 82% gdp/debt is not sustainable for this nation, I am confident we will never again see a budget that is not deficit, and eventually we will be unable to pay back capital/interest on the debt with out destroying our currency first.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

He lost his monopoly money, be nice.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Because of the levels I thought we need to keep to continue the rally..

We broke my #1 resistance.. and I REALLY REALLY wanted to hold that #

Not to say it cant turn around.. BUT I REAALLY thought we could hold this #

We are doing ok right now.. the selling has leveled off.. but I just felt like we could hold it.. hope that makes sense

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
On a side note....

Jim Rogers: S&P Could Go to 50,000

finance.yahoo.com...&P-Could-Go-to-50000;_ylt=ArjV.nbj0PvYWB8VjqXSAiW7YWsA?tickers=dia,spy,xlf?sec=topStor ies&pos=8&asset=&ccode=

UMMMMM????

LOL!!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
A close up of that longer term trendline..

Notice when we broke we saw it test it like in 20 mins.. couldnt then sank..

I dont think that is a coincidence.. and I am starting to side with Mr hat and my dad

@RP - yes.. I have no $$ in it. But at the same time, the information is valid.. dont be like that.. although I suspect youre not

EDIT:

When I post something, or give my opinion, I take it seriously. I continuously am usually the only one that puts their "neck out on the line" as far as what I think the short term moves are in the market whether you like it or not, thats fine.

When I am wrong, I am the first to admit it, I just dont pretend like it didnt happen, then go about my business.

closeup

[edit on 3-6-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

On a side note....

finance.yahoo.com...&P-Could-Go-to-50000;_ylt=ArjV.nbj0PvYWB8VjqXSAiW7YWsA?tickers=dia,spy,xlf?sec=topStor ies&pos=8&asset=&ccode=

UMMMMM????

LOL!!

hey don't laught. Jim Rogers and Marc Farber have both been ingenius investors for decades and they have called every up and down since then. I agree with him. The only way our economy can survive is if we PRODUCE stuff. We can't just shift money around and print our way to prosperity. That is why he said that in NOMINAL terms we can go to 50,000. He was just giving an example of how nominally things can go up forever as long as the purchasing power of the fiat currencies go down.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Do you think that could happen without the USA collapsing?

What do you think that would do to short term bonds?

I have no idea.. I would like everyones opinion most definitely on this

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

What he's saying is that as the currency deteriorates markets rise.. it's a natural movement, that the devalued currency usually indicates in influx in supply correlating to it's drop in value. More dollars, higher stock prices, higher indexes.

50,000 S&P is indication of hyper inflation. I think he exaggerates, of course, but his point being valid.

The DOW and S&P's all time highs where in exact correlation with the lowest point of our currency, which had fell almost 30% in value over 6 years.

To understand the markets, you need to understand all economic theory and principle.. this includes the general market as a whole, the economy as a whole and the very fundamentals that tie them together..

then again, it's easier to forsake the basics when it's not your paycheck your putting into the market, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Do you think that could happen without the USA collapsing?

What do you think that would do to short term bonds?

I have no idea.. I would like everyones opinion most definitely on this

Define "collapsing". I mean Zimbabwe's government didn't collapse, but it definitely destroyed the lives of many Zimbbabweans. So you have to define what you mean.

I don't know why you are so set on thinking this absolutely cannot happen. It has happened to a lot of other countries and has happened numerous times in history. The ONLY reason why it hasn't happened to us is because other countries support the U.S.'s debt and investers/people still accept and have faith in the dollar. You do realize the treasury market is a ponzi scheme? The government has absolutely no way paying back the creditors unless they cut spending and raise taxes substantially or print a lot of money. All of these things are bad for the economy overall and will drastically contract GDP since government spending is a huge part.

That is why Jim Rogers and Marc Faber are saying to have HARD ASSETS. Not just pieces of paper. If you have a farm, there is going to be demand for your products if the economy collapses or not. So it may sound "silly" but it can definitely happen. The government either needs to inflate heavily to make the debt "worth less" or raise taxes. Unless they declare bankruptcy and issue a new currency. Who the f**k knows. All I know is your Uncle Ben is in a lot of sh*t.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

On a side note....

UMMMMM????

LOL!!

hey don't laught. Jim Rogers and Marc Farber have both been ingenius investors for decades and they have called every up and down since then. I agree with him. The only way our economy can survive is if we PRODUCE stuff. We can't just shift money around and print our way to prosperity. That is why he said that in NOMINAL terms we can go to 50,000. He was just giving an example of how nominally things can go up forever as long as the purchasing power of the fiat currencies go down.

If we where to "right now" go into a phase of opening production in a HUGE way that isn't such a stretch in the least!
In order to reach that oblivious 50,000 height we would need to reopen all of the manufacturing plant's we have closed over the last 3-4 decades and open an estimated 500-1,000 more. Considering all of the space we have at the moment and the million's out of work we could very well turn this around with far less "bail out" monies than the banks robbed everyone for.
Now once open and running we would need to set up/restart the dead export lines and even when we did a simple 40% OR LESS of the production would put us in the green with in five years. We could even go the co-op route and get a large number of smaller business's to pool their product's for export through a regional hub. Smaller spaces all over being used to produce high quality product's the way we used to . "NOT A STRETCH AT ALL, IT IS A WAY OUT PERMANENTLY!"
I can not say this enough time's to get it through to people on any level that I have stretched my thesis too. People have just moved so far away from being a "production" country it is just disheartening! It is the single most important thing we need at this time, if people don't get on the band wagon and start doing something Ole Ben's 82% is going to hit 100% really fast! Then there will be no way to do it.
The longer we wait the smaller the window of being able to institute it becomes. I am hopeful that once people start to really see what is going on for REAL they themselves will start this up.Perhaps as a small town movement or even a regional one. But not starting early on was our first mistake. It's like the old saying goes...Fool me once shame on you...Fool me twice shame on me! You get to the third time and well you are then an idiot as far as logical thinking goes. ( Not meant to demean anyone it is the truth and can't be denied on any level.)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I understand what you are saying.

I also understand that I am not always right.

I also understand that when I am wrong, I know which way to go.

If you noticed, I was the first one to call myself out.

On a side note, not to brag or anything, but my call with that trendline was about 100% correct.. remember when I said it was prob going to move big one way or another depending on which way it was going to break.

I was thinking it was going to be positive though bc we were holding those key levels.

And, what I would be trading anyways, the futures.. well lets just say trading 5 contracts today with my program you would be quite wealthy..
I cannot post that information b/c I do not want to ruin what I am trying to accomplish in the future regarding my HF (marketing), if you would like some insight on that though you can message me privately

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Yes, I believe that is the definition of insanity.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You may be right..

I think though that there would be no more USA in this instance and the dollar would be wiped out.

I don think we would be the "USA" anymore.. perhaps apart then of the NWO.. if you think the SP500 could go to 50,000 (not saying you do) I also think you should consider not living in the "america" we know anymore.. thats just my opinion of course

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Oh, and where do I think we are headed on the short term?

Prob around 8200-8400 on the dow...

I think today was pretty telling

top topics

<< 346  347  348    350  351  352 >>

join