It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 346
<< 343  344  345    347  348  349 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

The great depression was also during a TIME OF KNOWN MARKET MANIPULATION where insiders were continuously messing with the market this is why I DO NOT USE that time period as historical information.

That huge volume spike back on Friday was definitely a little suspect, perhaps someone having inside knowledge of Mondays favorable numbers, or a month end imbalance somewhere in the futures market? There really was no time to react rationally before the Dow was up above 8700 in the cash market. It will be interesting to see what happens through options expiration this month.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
IMO,this might very well be the "tipping point" some of us are fearing and might affect not only the markets as we know them today but everything else?:

www.google.com...

NKorea prepares missiles; South beefs up defenses

"The long-range missile being prepared by the North could be timed to coincide with a June 16 summit in Washington between South Korean President Lee Myung-bak and President Barack Obama."

"Complicating the situation for Washington is Thursday's trial in Pyongyang of two American journalists, Laura Ling and Euna Lee, accused of entering the country illegally and engaging in "hostile acts."

It would seem that more than a few situations are reaching a boiling point and that tipping of the scales might just happen for "another" reason.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The problem coming is when good news begins coming out, the markets will be top heavy and either remain flat or go down in response.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
MarketWatch: Quarter million jobs could be lost in bankruptcies..

The article actually goes on to say that, in a worse case scenario, 1.8 Million jobs could be lost over the next 19 months; and that, as I keep telling people, it would demolish suppliers who also supply to Ford and Toyota.

But if the bankruptcy isn't smooth, a protracted legal battle in court could have dire consequences that could be felt across the economy, with about 1.8 million jobs lost over the next 19 months, according to the CAR study.

A protracted legal battle could nearly destroy GM as a company and take down many of its suppliers, who also supply parts to Ford, Toyota and other automakers, said McAlinden. It would take time to establish new supply chains if major parts suppliers failed.

Another issue that these analysts NEVER piece together is the fact that many cities, primarily in the midwest, are completely built around suppliers. By and large, these are towns that are already on the brink of collapse (half-vacant strip malls, disturbingly high unemployment, etc.); and if the suppliers start laying off people in mass, then what remains of local spending will plunge, stores, restaurants, and anything else you can think of will close their doors, and everybody with $150 to their name will show up Texas looking for work (hope you guys have room for us
).

[edit on 2-6-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Come on down,LOL! I'll buy you your first Lone Star.

Honestly,things seem to still be "decent" here in Texas but like it or hate it I will admit IS "different" here.

San Antonio however just received the extremely dubious "honor" of being named the city with the highest level of crime in the US.

This has been escalating due to gang-violence and property crimes and they're looking to beef up the police department in a big way.

Property and school taxes are rising rapidly...

Always seems to be "work available" however particularly in the service and construction trades.

I totally agree that some states will have a mass-exodus this Summer simply because there are no jobs to be had in the manufacturing sector.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

I dont know.

First, I guess you need to define NWO.

Do I believe in the NAU - yes.

Do I believe in the trans. cont. super highway - yes

Do I believe that the NWO wants to slaughter billions and etc.. -no

Why would that do them any good if they are making $$ on us exponentially?

BC (IMO) if you think about it, their $$ is growing at a great interest rate somewhere, and assuming 7% interest rate every 10 years their $$ doubles.. so why break a good thing?

I do believe though that at one point in the not too distant future we will have overpopulation though, yes. I think that is inevitable unless we get help from our alien friends, or super advanced breakthroughs in space exploration... I very much doubt the later though in our lifetimes..

Sorry, that might have been a little off topic..

Good housing #'s today...

We rallied briefly.. now faultering a bit..

Seems like everyone is taking profits as soon as they can get them..

Cant say I blame them for that..

Still though NASDAQ is strong.. As of right now I say NASDAQ should be the only thing we look at for a "glimpse" into the future..

Dow showing good support 8680-8700 *these are very key levels*

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by Hx3_1963

me first please!

And a big glass of kool-aid.. how bout a bag of skittles?

If I am lost, i need to be found!!!

But we did break 8670...

I have drawn a longer term trendline that I think is pretty relevant here..

Drop below this and this was def the FAKEOUT and not the BREAKOUT..

Time will tell

311am EST

Ok.. here is the updated chart real time at 1143AM EST

With that same trendline...

Would like to see us *not* break under this..

My dad is still bearish short term.. says this is bunk (not his words lol).. I still have to disagree until I see a move that would change my mind. Cant go against the trend. Never pays off IMO..

Updated Chart w/trendline 1143am EST REALTIME

Hx - gold still holding up.. although I feel we may go back and test I think its around 925 once we hit 1000 (925 being a key level)..

What are your thoughts on this man?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

My dad thinks the same thing..

But what was so good with Mondays #'s?

IMO they pushed us through a KEY TECHNICAL LEVEL AND THIS CAUSED MONDAY.. I FEEL VERY STRONGLY ABOUT THIS..

I think the #'s for housing were better today than the related news for the markets yesterday..

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

My dad thinks the same thing..

But what was so good with Mondays #'s?

IMO they pushed us through a KEY TECHNICAL LEVEL AND THIS CAUSED MONDAY.. I FEEL VERY STRONGLY ABOUT THIS..

I think the #'s for housing were better today than the related news for the markets yesterday..

The Chinese PMI number is the thing that rallied all of the markets around the world. Well, it really rallied the commodities and industrials and materials which pushed up the markets. I am actually *surprised* that we aren't up at least by 100pts on the pending home sales spike.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
On the short term, if we can hold this trend right now I think we have a really good rest of the day...

Trendline in pink (obviously
)

DJIA FUTURES 1159 AM EST

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Actually... I totally disagree (might be one of the first times)

We started the rally on the GM news that night (if you were following the GM thread)

I was posting the moves in the market real time in that thread.. we had a very big move

Yes, the chinese #'s helped.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Actually... I totally disagree (might be one of the first times)

We started the rally on the GM news that night (if you were following the GM thread)

I was posting the moves in the market real time in that thread.. we had a very big move

Yes, the chinese #'s helped.

Why would commodities, materials and industrials RALLY even more if GM is going bankrupt? They rallied because of more perceived demand in China, not because there will be less demand coming out of Detroit.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Im stating the move in equities..

Thats fine if you disagree.. but I can post the charts if you wish that correlated with the news that night

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Actually I will anyways, just to clear up what I am speaking about

here you go brother

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Yep.. that held for about a total of 10 minutes lol

doobie doobie doo

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
bonds got hit early but the 10 year is back around 3.65.......one thing about the high yield curve.......is that it may entice a bit more LENDING

i had a dream i found a pile of gold nuggets....i was so happy ....and then i woke up and it took me about 5 minutes to realize .....not so much....

gold is at 980

dollar is at 78.5 the dollar needs a diaper

[edit on 2-6-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Yep....look here. Indeed we are in a decline, and may not pull out!
Last stage?
bloomberg.com...

And here

And has anyone else read this?www.financialsense.com...
Also, posting this here as it all plays together. I have to take this serious as too much volatility in the last week. Something is up...

Coincidence? www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

A very interesting article, that first one:

“There’s been a lot of talk out of Russia about a new global currency, and that’s contributing toward this latest bout of dollar weakness,” said Henrik Gullberg, a currency strategist at Deutsche Bank AG in London. “These latest comments are just adding to the general dollar weakness we’ve seen recently.”

It goes without saying that such things are not news on ATS - newcomers please reference Blueprint for Worldwide Currency System, for example - but it is interesting to hear how Russia seems to be getting on the bandwagon.

Geev us glawbal slevvarrrry, comrades!..

The other links are hard-hitting, I have to say. More mind-numbing than mere interesting.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Starting to look like last October was just a primer.

To the fools, dolts, and morons out there who cling to notions of recovery and Green Shoots, bless your heart. Hope has clouded your minds. Once more you believe the liars and purveyors of propaganda, after being nearly fatally burned. You must believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy.
www.321gold.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Damn, we have been just living on this trendline..

Wonder whats up

dow futures real time 317 EST

new topics

top topics

<< 343  344  345    347  348  349 >>

join