It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 345
<< 342  343  344    346  347  348 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

The great depression was also during a TIME OF KNOWN MARKET MANIPULATION where insiders were continuously messing with the market this is why I DO NOT USE that time period as historical information.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

go find some posts of mine where I am way off base..

please..

I am not familiar with any at all in regards to the near term moves of index's or futures associated with the markets.

Please, since I know you love to debunk me.

Oh btw, where is my apology after calling me out about my automated trading software?

You know after I said I would make you look extremely foolish..

Yeah... thats right

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1

every market participant has been there with you.

GL

It is true we have. I can remember times wishing that I could just break even and sell the POS that I was holding. What a horrible feeling.

At least ladyinwaiting didn't work hard for the money and only inherited it. Money IS money, but losing money you toiled over feels horrible. One of the reasons why I feel very bad for the people who lost a lot of money in their retirements and can look forward to a world where things will cost even more and fixed income will be cumbersome to a life.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

The great depression was also during a TIME OF KNOWN MARKET MANIPULATION where insiders were continuously messing with the market this is why I DO NOT USE that time period as historical information.

And right now is what???

I have 40 or so pages back proved you wrong quite a few times. You have a tendency, when "caught" to go back and edit your posts.

I am not playing your game

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

what??

go find them

please!!!

MODS - if you can go back if I have edited any posts out and changed information I WANT YOU TO POST IT

BECAUSE I HAVE NOT!@@@@

Redhatty is attacking me personally here, THIS ENDS RIGHT NOW!

EDIT: Pertinant information, and not spelling errors or something of that nature

NEVER EVER AND I MEAN EVER HAVE I CHANGED A CALL AROUND OR ANYTHING, NOW I AM TAKING THIS PERSONALLY

[edit on 2-6-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

I just don't believe in markets being a forward looking device. It over reacts and hopes. It is greed and fear. It isn't all knowing. It isn't based on sound mathematics that correctly predicts recoveries or downturns in the economy. Sure there are rallies before the economy recovers, but you have to ask yourself how man FALSE rallies there were before that one rally correctly predicted a recovery. Markets are still manipulated now. Markets are still based on bubbles and pops. That isn't rational and it isn't forward thinking. All crashes occur because it attempts to correct the bubble to where the economy REALLY is.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Huh...when I type in "The Great Depression" see what turns up...

news.google.com...

Hmmm...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

well i mean markets are forward looking instruments in the consensus with marketplace professionals, textbooks.. and yes, i do believe they help you see into the future

If you asked 100 wall st. professionals if the market was a forward looking indicator, im guessing more would say yes than no..

just my opinion..

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

well i mean markets are forward looking instruments in the consensus with marketplace professionals, textbooks.. and yes, i do believe they help you see into the future

If you asked 100 wall st. professionals if the market was a forward looking indicator, im guessing more would say yes than no..

just my opinion..

Of course they would say yes. But the correct answer would be that the markets try to be forward looking. If you asked them if they were always right in their future predictions they'd say NO. After all what do you call crashes and bear market rallies?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

agreed

all i said the market is a forward looking instrument lol

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Still playing with that 8670..

Interesting...

If we hold this like I said I would reaaly really like to see a V shaped bounce off of it, that would very much confirm support IMO

YMM9 152 AM EST

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Well...

You and yer charts are "destined" to be in a history lesson...

Hmmm... thought Heli-Ben knew about This!

Hope you get credit!

[edit on 6/2/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Thanks (or i think, thanks lol)

And Hx, please know that I am here to try to help people honestly.

No matter what others are saying right now, I would never try to EVER AND I MEAN EVER lead or fool someone by going back and either

1. Changing information

2. Mislead the "public"

3. I WOULD NEVER BET ON DESTRUCTION OF THE MARKET..

Still not sure what mr. hat meant by that (profiting off of the destruction of the market????) Im not a short, lol

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Hmmm...

Ready for "Facts"?

Geez...I was looking for older articles...they seem to br all new!?!

[edit on 6/2/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
GBM redhatty said that you are hoping for the destruction of the U.S., not the markets. He/she thinks that the current economic policies which are temporarily rallying markets are going to destroy the the U.S. in the longer term. Which it will. In some shape or form...it doesn't mean that we will be on bread lines. But it does mean it will alter the whole economic/political landscape and move us closer to being globalized and less independent.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
GBM redhatty said that you are hoping for the destruction of the U.S., not the markets. He/she thinks that the current economic policies which are temporarily rallying markets are going to destroy the the U.S. in the longer term. Which it will. In some shape or form...it doesn't mean that we will be on bread lines. But it does mean it will alter the whole economic/political landscape and move us closer to being globalized and less independent.
Nice...

So..will you get a RFID chip for 1st in??

Hmmm...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
on a side note.....i will by flying out to bozeman, MT for a few days shortly.......with the price of gold likely to cross 1000 soon perhaps i should look for gold nugg's in the river bends under rocks

I think you'll have plenty of time cp...profit taking by EOW...and should the 3rd break above $1000 fail to hold...retreat to $910-$920 support zone possible (nice entry)...then

GL

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

me first please!

And a big glass of kool-aid.. how bout a bag of skittles?

If I am lost, i need to be found!!!

But we did break 8670...

I have drawn a longer term trendline that I think is pretty relevant here..

Drop below this and this was def the FAKEOUT and not the BREAKOUT..

Time will tell

311am EST

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

imo globalization will happen one day, perhaps not in our lifetimes, but a world order of some sorts cant be avoided IMO..

connecting the world just seems like a logical explanation at one point.. doesn't have to be anything nefarious about it though

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
GBM I used to think NWO was a term made up by conspiracy theorists but then I read the archived correspondence of Roosevelt's envoy to Hitler and Mussolini in early 1940 Sumner Welles and found that indeed the NWO was a proposed nudge nudge wink wink agreement by Britain, France and Italy to somehow make an allowance for Germany's invasion of Poland.

It seems that Sumner Welles almost cobbled together agreement.

UK and USA were about to send a mercenary force to Finland in March 1940 to fight against the Russians when Hitler decided to invade Norway and all bets were called off.

Yes undoubtedly from time to time there are understandings reached by various groupings of powerful countries and blocs but there is always some group or nation that breaks away so the NWO is a loose and ever changing association of interests.

new topics

top topics

<< 342  343  344    346  347  348 >>

join