It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 342
<< 339  340  341    343  344  345 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
So ok..

As I was saying, I would like to see us "confirm" this new support by bouncing off of it one time at least.. so far we havent, and I personally think we will touch this YELLOW line, or should today...

Now if we do, and it holds.. well welcome DOW 9000

You heard it here first.. and we are going to go towards my #2 RESISTANCE POINT if anyone remembers.. which is around 10,000 I believe if you go back several pages, you will see this...

The PINK trendline, is just the current support we have the past hour or so...

Time to get POSITIVE guys, perhaps, REAL POSITIVE...

Freak-a-leak

Someone else must have some opinions about today..

Perhaps someone is also getting quite bullish?

Redhatty, come on brother.. we are Floridians.. join me in the bull market!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ok..... so what you are saying now is that we have made it past some tipping point? That the economy is actually in a positive recovery? Could someone explain things in plain terms regarding the last page or so of posts for those of us that do not understand all the hints and charts..... please.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

I just told you the direction I personally think the market is headed in...

If you just click on my last chart I provided I wrote on the chart what I believe we should do, and as well contained in that post what I think the DOW should do in the near term (get to at least 9000-10000 area)

This obviously does not reflect or mirror the economy currently in anyway shape or form.. I am not implying that, what I am implying is what I believe to be the DIRECTION OF THE MARKET..

Does this make sense my friend?

EDIT:

And yes, a tipping point, or more commonly called resistance

You will see if you go back to when i was posting overnight, how many times we hit my yellow line and snapped back, it was pissing me off, so much infact I gave up on it...

Well I woke up to a nice surprise!

That yellow line was a tipping point or more commonly called RESISTANCE

cool?

[edit on 1-6-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Thanks for the reply. I am just trying to understand all this and frankly the charts do not always help much. A little more understandable I guess we will wait and see what happens.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by nonnez]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
GBM I think you woke up more excited than people who made 20% of their money today

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Yes, I prob did..

btw did you play anything we spoke about?

you would be doing quite well.. tough to get into though this morning...

I understand..

So we broke below the PINK resistance line here.. would still like to see it hit the MAJOR YELLOW, now a *SUPPORT* (remember, it used to be resistance..) and it will be a *SUPPORT* if the futures "bounce" off the MAJOR YELLOW LINE..

broke the pink.. wanted us to hit the yellow.. dont know if it will

@ the poster with the question...

A resistance becomes a support when you break through it, then come back down and test (bounce off of it) it. in most major moves, this will happen, it is called CONFIRMATION

The nasdaq though, im tellin you.. sign of what is to come with the DJIA... just straight blew through the 200 EMA..

Now we want the NASDAQ 20 EMA and 50 EMA (daily) to both also follow the index THROUGH (pass over, cross same thing)

That will confirm the bull market IMO..

That is why i was waiting for NASDAQ to confirm its previous move.. It has now (the index) moved above the 200 EMA at one point, gone below it, pass back over, and now has shot up.. THAT IS A CLASSIC BREAKOUT.. NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT

And this will be confirmed when the 20 EMA and the 50 EMA CROSS OVER

Once this happens, its game over bear market, WE WILL NOT BE IN ONE ANYMORE, I PROMISE WITH ALL MY HEART HOPE TO DIE STICK A NEEDLE IN MY EYE !

As I have been saying the DJIA and SP500 are laggards to the NASDAQ

I havent been really hearing anything else though from anyone.. no one seems impressed with todays move.. that bothers me.. thought we would start to see at least a 50/50 bear/bull ratio now around here...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Yes, I prob did..

btw did you play anything we spoke about?

you would be doing quite well.. tough to get into though this morning...

I understand..

Yeah they opened at where they are right now so it wasn't really worth buying them here.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
anyone notice the bond market crap the bed again today

people on ticker forum seem to think this bears some resemblance to the run-up beofe the 87 crash ....but they are mostly short equity's over there so ....we will see.......i wouldn't bet against equity's until 3'rd or 4'th Q earnings come out

anyone wanna here a good interview from Harry Markopolos

the guy who was all over Bernie madoff but couldn't get the SEC to bite....i think anyone no matter their market position will enjoy this interview

www.kingworldnews.com...

i know the japanese are buying stock futures (or were) ......i think the PPT may step in at critical times of market support to push equity's over resistance levels ...(IF i was running it i sure would)....in order to help the liquidity they create flow into stock's as opposed to even more money flowing into commodity's.....either that or .....the kool aid is flowing more freely....it would be a rather efficient way to use the PPT funds.....either way this is not a great day for america.....it is a great day to be long equity's....

[edit on 1-6-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Not that I want to seem unenthusiastic here, but isn't the dollar falling like a rock ? Why is everybody so happy ? (Ok, you're making money) What about long term ?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail
Not that I want to seem unenthusiastic here, but isn't the dollar falling like a rock ? Why is everybody so happy ? (Ok, you're making money) What about long term ?

they say...... long term.... were..............all dead lol

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I laughed ! C'mon, seriously guys ! Is this major dollar downturn we are seeing here the beginning of the end for the greenback ?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve is studying significant moves in the U.S. government bond market last week that could have big implications for the central bank's strategy to combat the country's recession.

But the Fed is not really sure what is driving the sharp rise in long-dated bond yields, and especially a widening gap between short and long term yields.

www.reuters.com...

Economists at Barclays Capital in New York have argued that the Fed should announce plans to increase its planned purchases of longer-dated Treasuries to $1 trillion from $300 billion to drive yields back down, lower home mortgage rates again, and support the embryonic economic recovery.

They warn the Fed cannot afford to hold fire until its next scheduled policy meeting on June 23-24."

And:
Grounding - Part II
BY: CRISIS MANAGER The begin of the real crisis - return of the pessimists

"In the US people still talk about free markets. In Spain people talk about "la crisis" for more than two years now, while in Germany only a few are concerned. But the latest news are showing that the bear market rally might come to an end and we will face again a severe meltdown in financial markets.

The recently released FEDs minutes reveal that the issues in the banking system are still persistent. At this moment banks have raised $57 billion of capital in the equity markets. This might be the last time they will be able to attract funds from non-governmental investors for a longer period of time. The concerns on the fragility of the banking system rise as commercial real estate and consumer delinquencies rise to new, unprecedented levels. And this trend will continue for quite a while, as GDP is set to contract further"

In the meanwhile crowding out of good business practices takes place. Business owners find themselves in bankruptcy with little or no notice and as a result unemployment rises and bank loans continue to implode.

Therefore June and July will bring the pessimists back on the table. If they are right, than the contraction and crisis has not even started, yet, but is just about to emerge.

Enjoy it while it lasts...I don't think it will much longer.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
blogs.myspace.com...

Hm, what do you guys think of this.

It can now be reported that the government of the People's Republic of China (PRC) received over $5 TRILLION from the U.S. Treasury in the last 48 hours.

The People's Republic of China has recently been using its surrogate puppet state, North Korea, as a vehicle of blackmail and extortion all aimed at the Obama Administration.

Nice pics below

And hate speech

Now, seriously, where did all the $$$ go?

Gold is up, silver is up, DOW is up, oil is up, ... inflation?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Wow...what in the world???

Good info,hope we hear more about it all...damn,something IS up!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yep, we're been dozed and lukewarm-washed all over our faces...

Here's what Reinhardt sings. Sounds like he's pretty convinced, although he gives no direct data to support. Other people who I deem have good intuition, predict war between end of June and beginning of July.

I was hoping that unlike the 1930s..
the world’s governments weren’t going to opt for world war..
as the economic answer..

.. so much for hoping

statesmen & stateswomen are so evil..
viewing humanity as so much fodder for elite economic gain

it is becoming obvious that War..
is the direction they are going and the..
economic (labor-galvanizing) cure they are relying on

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Does look like a breakout attempt in the weekly Nasdaq and technically the S&P500 is sitting right at a double top, Dow is a lagging. GBM your father should have given you the money to invest!

Edit:

China has a huge bundle of US treasury notes so they definitely don't want to see global hyperinflation. I'm still trying to figure out where North Koreas role will take them. As Shakespeare so aptly put it "all the world's a stage". Actually I have faith that the NWO will figure out a fairer solution than any of us on ATS, although the rational may be over our heads at the moment.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Gotta give it to ya GBM...

You da man on market mentality...

It makes no sense what-so-ever, but...

Treasury's stay up after spending data
www.marketwatch.com...

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Treasury prices remained lower Monday after a government report showed personal income and spending came in better than economists had expected, adding to investor confidence that the worst of the financial and economic crisis is over.

"better than economists had expected"...hope they write this on Ben & Timmy Stones

[edit on 6/1/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is a MONSTER thread, and I can't begin to read it all. I have lost about 1/3 almost 1/2 of my money in the stock market. Last month I recovered some.

Should I let it sit, now? Or get out since I have some of it back? If I do get out now, I will still have sustained a substantial loss. My broker is a liar.

Should I wait and see if I can recover some more? Honestly, if I could just get it back up to my original investment, I wouldn't care. Don't know what to think or do. Any suggestions? Anyone? Can anyone advise on this with just these generalizations, without more detailed information? I don't want to lose everything.....

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
lady in waiting this is what i would do if i were in your situation...again this is just ME

i would not sell unless i needed the money in the next 5 years.......if you need the money in the next 5 years....i also wouldn't think along the lines of "well if i sell now i'd still book a loss" ......"almost everyone booked a loss".......but IMO if you wait till Aug .....i think the market gets just North of 10,000.....it would be a great time to get the heck out.....earnings are not coming back.(unless banks expand lending big time)........but this won't dawn on the optomistic until 3'rd or 4'th quarter earnings in the fall....and should the market get up to 10,000 or so in Aug and you sell......(under the assumption you need the money in the next 5 years) ......i think after the market tanks in the fall/winter it is a real possibility it won't be coming back for a long time..........

if you sell....i would be on the sidelines.......and should the banks ever start lending in mass again....i would venture back in......(but you have to ignore the ra-ra inflation talk that will be going on in the next year or so) .....unless the fed' starts prinin 10,000 notes or banks increase lending....the money won't get in the hands of the people to increase earnings....instead if will be hoarded by banks... In my opinion only

[edit on 1-6-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Thanks Hx..

What worried me though is that we didnt test that resistance (or support) that yellow line..

I feel asleep again lol, so I havent had time to look at things..

The NASDAQ is showing signs of a major turnaround, but like I said man, if you want to be "conservative" you would wait until the 20 daily EMA and the 50 daily EMA "cross" over the 200 EMA..

I mean, if its all going up, it doesnt matter if you get in now or 100 NAS points from now u know?

That would put it around 2000-2100

That is my "magic" spot for the NASDAQ

As I said, its going to be the leader, like the HS index..

If NASDAQ cannot "confirm" welll.. then again.. we may go back down you know another xx%

The only thing that kinda bothered me towards the end of the day's charts yesterday was there was really no quick buying or anything.. it just kinda hovered the whole afternoon..

Makes me wonder a little bit

After the Dow broke what I was looking at last night (that YELLOW LINE..) I think it would go up another 100-200 points over what it closed at..

Where its sitting now is like "livin on the edge" of a breakout or a FAKEOUT..

It just didnt really "CONTINUE" to climb you know.. do you get what im saying?..

In the DOW CASH dude, we need to absolutely hold 7600-7580..

Thats the RESISTANCE #1

It needs to bounce off of this, I want to actually see it bounce too.. not just wither around it.. wasnt really satisfied with the close..

But this market fools me (just like everyone) sometimes.

top topics

<< 339  340  341    343  344  345 >>

join