It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 339
<< 336  337  338    340  341  342 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well if the .gov considers you a "critical supplier" for the Auto companies, you *should* get paid

GM aims to pay key suppliers
'Critical vendor' list would be filed with court

Suppliers with outstanding receivables not covered by Thursday's $2 billion early payment by General Motors Corp. are likely to be paid even if the automaker files for bankruptcy, which is expected today.

Bo Andersson, GM group vice president for purchasing and supply chain, told a group of suppliers in a Friday conference call that its production parts suppliers and logistics providers would be included in any “critical vendor” motion included in a GM bankruptcy.

If approved by the court, such a motion ensures those critical vendors are paid for parts shipped to the automaker.

But much of the cash-strapped supply base is already teetering on the brink of bankruptcy, with little to no chance of car and truck production volumes growing in the near term.

Much more at link

Why would they even report something like this if it was already priced in GBM???

Use those brain cells & Think about it

ANd it gets even better...

GM Filing Will Trigger Settlement Of $3 Bln In CDS Deals

The expected bankruptcy filing by General Motors Corp. (GM) will trigger the settlement of around $3 billion in credit-default swaps written against the auto maker.

The filing is expected Monday, with the resolution committee of the International Swaps and Derivatives Association, which groups the leading credit derivative dealer banks, deciding on a settlement plan that will likely involve an auction in around a month.

The Depositary Trust & Clearing Corp. reported a net notional $2.3 billion in credit protection contracts outstanding on GM as of May 22, involving 4,820 contracts. Another $776 million in protection was held against indexes that included GM.

The number and value of CDS contracts written on GM, which together with its financing arm, GMAC LLC, was once the largest issuer of corporate debt, have fallen significantly in recent years as the auto maker's woes intensified and the derivatives markets moved toward streamlining contracts. GM doesn't figure in the top 10 of outstanding single-name CDS contracts, reflecting the credit crisis and concerns about sovereign creditworthiness.

Financial service companies and sovereign issuers dominate the rankings, according to the DTCC data, led by Italy and General Electric Corp. (GE). Net contracts related to Ford Motor Co. (F) stand at $1.92 billion, with another $5 billion for its finance arm, Ford Motor Credit.

even more at link

[edit on 5/31/09 by redhatty]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

I don't know..

I'm saying everything regarding the BK was known by the big players and they priced in everything..

Beyond that man, like I said, I have no idea, it was just a hypothesis..

But Ill give myself a pat on the back for the market rebounding on the news (at least now on the short term)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
By the way, we are still going higher..

25 points I believe on the futures till a new yearly high

If you look really close at the top you can see that YELLOW TRENDLINE OF RESISTANCE APPROACHING!!!!

LETS DO THIS BABY!!!

momma cita!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

and by the way, i dont even know what credit default swaps really are lol

like i said i really dont know anything about the "details"

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

must really frost your nether regions knowing that you can only watch & not actually make any money in this :-(

Now that you enjoy watching, it's time to learn about the econimics that cause the movements

You do want to be an Intelligent broker now don't you?

BTW, TNX is being SOLD in Asia trade Up 5 bps to 3.51

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

no.. i dont give a **** about that honestly lol

and yes, its more than killing me as I watch myself lose out on the opportunity cost... i mostly hate my dad for this, hes being a ******************* about setting me up and other things im not going to go into.. but yes..

I just need to get that series 7 so i can become his bitch full time and do all his paperwork etc.. lol

But yes, I guess I need to learn all of this in the longrun if I want to be respected.. very true..

Blah!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Lets watch this new little trendline that is forming between my bigger yellow support and resistances..

Updated at 1052PM EST with trendlines.. one I am referring to in RED

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

must really frost your nether regions knowing that you can only watch & not actually make any money in this :-(

Now that you enjoy watching, it's time to learn about the econimics that cause the movements

You do want to be an Intelligent broker now don't you?

BTW, TNX is being SOLD in Asia trade Up 5 bps to 3.51

In the face of a GM bankruptcy and the yields for treasuries are up, go figure. The threat of inflation is seeming to trump the bnakruptcy with all commodities up as well.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

whats up RR

How bout that rally on the news..

I think this carries us now through bad news if any tomorrow.. you like how they managed that one????

They must have been listening to our convo's!!!

Big money babY!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think we might need the help of the Harlem Heat to get through this little trendline..

I think I can.. I think I can.. I think I can..

Redhatty.. how are your short positions looking?

Stopped out yet?

Just kidding, I know you never lose!

lol

chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga choooo choooo

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Oh I'm not playing too many shorts right now, maybe a few ind. stocks, but not futures.

I am building up short positions though, I am sure they will pay off for me :-)

And I do lose, but my record is pretty much opposite of yours, I may lose on 3 out of 10 trades & win on 7 out of 10.

Then again, I know when to sit on my hands and not trade too

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

Oh I'm not playing too many shorts right now, maybe a few ind. stocks, but not futures.

I am building up short positions though, I am sure they will pay off for me :-)

And I do lose, but my record is pretty much opposite of yours, I may lose on 3 out of 10 trades & win on 7 out of 10.

Then again, I know when to sit on my hands and not trade too

What do you play?

Whats your call on the ES?

I would be very afraid to short that thing.. it scares me.. its worth too much per point..

Even though I think its less manipulated, or whatever you want to call it, then the YM.. but if you are wrong on the ES, its costs you dearly

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
hmmm....

18 more points till a new yearly high....

time to write Uncle Ben that thank you letter..

RedHatty - you better sign the card.. you have been talking about my uncle in a not so polite way lately.. he is dissapointed, and will be looking over your tax return 2x just to make sure..

lol

bada bing

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

whats up RR

How bout that rally on the news..

I think this carries us now through bad news if any tomorrow.. you like how they managed that one????

They must have been listening to our convo's!!!

Big money babY!

Yeah I was "hoping" that it wouldn't be an up day tomorrow so I could accumulate a position in UNG tomorrow. I'll buy on the dips, if it is a huge up day I probably won't buy.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

yeah, unfortunately that happens.. I would say the same, but not in public lol

Dont forget about everything else though.. and remember you still have time to play that breakout we were discussing..

btw, do you watch aqua teen hunger force?

o man tonights episode is pretty funny lol

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Dear Support Line That Has Turned Into Resistance:

I hate you.

Regards,

Greenbicman

Esq.

blah!@@

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Wanted to add:

Remember guys.. NASDAQ this week is HUGE

We will prob see a spike if we push through the 200 daily EMA

Then come back down and test it (use it as a support) then hopefully bounce of that big time..

That will be VERY KEY to where the DJIA and SP500 are headed..

Just something to think about in between all the other nonsense

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

yeah, unfortunately that happens.. I would say the same, but not in public lol

Dont forget about everything else though.. and remember you still have time to play that breakout we were discussing..

btw, do you watch aqua teen hunger force?

o man tonights episode is pretty funny lol

Nah I am watching batman the animated series from yesteryear. It is making me terribly nostalgic :sighs:

Futures keep creeping up. There is some important news tomorrow such as ISM manufacturing for May which will probably lead markets.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Uncle Sugar gets my tax filing quarterly. I pay every penny I have to, never been audited & they can look at me all they want, they won't find a thing wrong.

About 15 yrs ago, I did most of the tax prep for the Tampa PD force & they always were legally correct too. Nice to know the cops that "intimately" esp when you've had a few beers & are going a little too fast on the way home from the club :-)

Sure do miss the Tobacco Company restaurant, best food in that town when it was still there (it burned down, some say Jewish Lightning), was a beautiful place too, oh well....

DXY -0.15 to 79.20
DOW +48
/ES + 6.40

Still a lot of hours before the bell...

new topics

top topics

<< 336  337  338    340  341  342 >>

join