It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 338
<< 335  336  337    339  340  341 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
Well guys futures are back open..

Sitting at exactly 8499 on the YMM9, still above the 20 Period EMA, haven't touched it yet.. 20 period is at 8490 and as I am typing this we are at 8487.. so prob going to test that..

Im pretty excited for this week.. I dont think its going to be a "flat" trading week - I think we see some good action to the up or down side.. cross your fingers

There is A LOT of important news coming up this week such as ISM data, auto sales, unemployment for may.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
These are all of the figures coming out this week once again:

Jun 01 08:30 a.m. Personal Income
Jun 01 08:30 a.m. Personal Spending
Jun 01 10:00 a.m. Construction Spending
Jun 01 10:00 a.m. ISM Index May

Jun 02 10:00 a.m. Pending Home Sales Apr
Jun 02 02:00 p.m. Auto Sales May
Jun 02 02:00 p.m. Truck Sales May

Jun 03 08:15 a.m. ADP Employment Change May
Jun 03 10:00 a.m. Factory Orders Apr
Jun 03 10:00 a.m. ISM Services May
Jun 03 10:30 a.m. Crude Inventories

Jun 04 08:30 a.m. Initial Claims
Jun 04 08:30 a.m. Productivity-Rev. Q1
Jun 04 08:30 a.m. Unit Labor Costs Q1

Jun 05 08:30 a.m. Average Workweek May
Jun 05 08:30 a.m. Hourly Earnings May
Jun 05 08:30 a.m. Nonfarm Payrolls May
Jun 05 08:30 a.m. Unemployment Rate May
Jun 05 02:00 p.m. Consumer Credit

[edit on 31-5-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

June 3rd is prob going to be a crazy day

A ****load of information coming out this week

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

June 3rd is prob going to be a crazy day

A ****load of information coming out this week

Not to mention GM is still going to declare bankruptcy. If tomorrow's data isn't so hot and GM declares bankruptcy it can provide a real shock to the markets.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I dont know man..

I think GM has been totally priced into this market for a while, and I think we rally on this news when they declare BK, because we have settled the matter, and in the long run "it will be good" for this company b/c of the restructuring ..

I know it sounds crazy, but this is trader mentality..

I know what you are saying tho about bad news tinting it.. it could go both ways I suppose, but thats just my gut feeling

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

GM will be removed from both the DOW & the S&P, what replaces it on the DOW is what will cause a rise in the index. If VISA or GOOG or AAPL replace GM, you will see a jump in the index.

As far as GM already being priced in, well, maybe, but there is still the nasty issue of the CDS on them that will have to be cleared, so I doubt it is "all" priced in.

Happy trading folks :-)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

You dont think all news is priced in already, really?

I think we rally, but I always think that, huh

But seriously, can u imagine aapl or goog or GS for that matter in the DOW?

That would be 2legit2quit

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I dont know man..

I think GM has been totally priced into this market for a while, and I think we rally on this news when they declare BK, because we have settled the matter, and in the long run "it will be good" for this company b/c of the restructuring ..

I know it sounds crazy, but this is trader mentality..

I know what you are saying tho about bad news tinting it.. it could go both ways I suppose, but thats just my gut feeling

You are right that the GM bankruptcy alone is priced in. But if the news is not good, I think it could dampen things considering GM success is based on the economy. But yes, if the news is, once again, better than expected then a relief and hope rally for GM could definitely insue.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Yeah I hear that..

I like to think of things like this..

Whatever would make the most sense, go the opposite, that will usually net you great profits lol

It's again though, easier said than done, I know etc..

At the same time, I wouldnt touch the first 2 hours of trading with a 10 ft. pole lol

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
So here is the new chart for the week with my #1 RESISTANCE

The time is drawing very near for us to make our move...

Lets just hope we break this... or else just draw a straight line from the bottoms of the resistance..

That would be a fugly site
----

And yes, that was a puke face lol

I would hate for us to be in that sort of wave...

Come on good news!!!!

#1 RESISTANCE LINE (dot your i's and cross your t's
)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

No it can't possibly be all priced in yet. The effects on the entire supply line to the Auto industry is about to be realized.

All the suppliers that have outstanding balances to be paid by GM (and Chrysler) are about to get royally screwed & take serious losses.

There is a ripple effect that is coming & there is no way for that to be priced in, because no one knows just how far out the ripples extend.

Also as far as I know, the CDS exposure has never been declared in a total amount, nor who is to be paid (and by whom) in the CDS on GM.

Nope, there is no way that all of this has been priced in, it's just too extensive.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

You dont think the arbitraging has taken place by big money concerning these facts?

You dont think big money has considered everything down to the very last penny?

You could be right, and maybe you are totally correct.. I just dont think anything for one second gets past the people that move this market (or computers that move this market lol)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

GBM, the effects of these 2 companies going down ( Chrysler & GM ) will eventually be felt all the way down to your local NAPA or AutoZone or Discount Auto Supply.

No one is psychic and can tell who will and won't be able to survive this mess when it comes to the supply line.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I think we are going to see a drop tomorrow. The only reason I say this is because every time they talk about GM going bankrupt, they follow it with the president will be speaking at 11:30 am. They are announcing it at 8am, that gives the markets an hour and a half to level out IF there is an early sell off. Hopefully it will level a little by the opening bell and then be able to stabilize after the pres. speaks.. I'm only speaking hypothetically though. There is a chance that we could see some loses tomorrow . Keep in mind, the last time we seen GM take a hit like this was during the Depression.. Its been a while since we had to deal with a company like GM looking this grim.

www.marketwatch.com...

All we can do is wait it out and see what happens.. The waiting game seems to be all the American people can do lately. Well, that and bail these companies out..

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

oh. ok.

i see what you are saying now.

i was just talking about tomorrows trading day..

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

you know Kagin, if the market was performing "normally" I'd agree with you, but lately bad news brings ramp jobs on very low volume, so I have no clue what will happen tomorrow.

DOW Futures are down 15 pts right now, but there's still a lot of time before opening bell.

and Geithner's in China & the Chinese are asking him Show Us The Math! which we all know, he can't.

Breaking news from white house "embargoed" till 10 EDT (which is strange too)

ETA: Canada has a new embargo too, all because of GM

Wish I had a magic crystal ball that would let me know what's gonna happen

[edit on 5/31/09 by redhatty]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
POsted this in another thread..

But I think these trendlines are quite vital in the futures (dow)

Take a look

dow futures trendlines in YELLOW

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Good Day All...I hope...

Gold $981.85^

DXY 79.18v :shk:

GM .75v

Looking mighty low Homer...

[edit on 5/31/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
GM is officially being halted.

BK begins tomorrow

fact sheet

May make it onto the pinks before the end of the year, but public trading may not begin again for up to 2 yrs.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
8526 on the futures...

Knocking on the door of a new yearly high

Yikes!

new topics

top topics

<< 335  336  337    339  340  341 >>

join