It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 332
<< 329  330  331    333  334  335 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I can't vouch for the validity of this:

ATS poster claims source who claims the USA is officially 100% broke, as of June 25.

This is good for a laugh: Bloomberg openly ridiculing Geithner.

Brazen Tunneling and Inflation

As a subjective observation, it would seem that concerns of a bond-market dislocation are more mainstream than ever. That would be a very, very bad thing.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by theWCH]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Well lets see...

Natty Gas - love you baby

I think this continues as well..

______________________________________________-----

For the markets..

As I have been saying.. NASDAQ is looking to breakout of this 200 EMA range at the 50-75 mark we are at 1751...

So about 20-30 more nas. points..

DJIA futures looking good up about 40 pts or so if i am reading the chart right...

IMO we have another big day tomorrow to make up for that puke day tuesday, that should have never happened.. so I am going to call an up day of 175 pts or more tomorrow in the DJIA.. I have a feeling (so now its def. not going to happen lol)

By the way, I am waking up early every morning now just to catch some becky quick.. damn.. where does cnbc find these woman?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

We have also had posters claim that they are Zorak from the 3rd nebula.. so i wouldnt put too much stock into that, even though we are totally broke lol...

WCH - my charting is going extremely well.. what about ur draft picks?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
914-916 on the ESM9 for a breakout to the positive side as well...

Ive been pretty good at reading these lately with some studies I have been doing (i.e. call on dow earlier this afternoon)

Not that I am always right or anything, but I have a better chance than flipping a coin

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Something else to look at..

Despite what it seems, the Dow Futures (YMM9) is trading in a tight little band here...

Usually this specific trend usually triggers to the downside.. but breakouts to the up side (top blue line) are usually pretty big...

Lets see what happens - again the trendlines (support and resistance) I drew are in BLUE

DJIA FUTURES REAL TIME W TRENDLINES

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
This is a very interesting read, about causes and what to expect (Kondratieff method by Martin Armstrong).

www.restoretherepublic.org...

The beginning of summer will probably have this bankruptcy thingy in the headlines

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Gold was up 13.50 overnight, *probably* on the stronger than expected Japanese industrial output. The increase in output was due to government stimulus, inventory restocking, and foreign demand centred on Asia. Analysts expect by June the numbers will be 50% lower.

The Euro zone is looking at a deflationary third and fourth quarter according to Bloomberg. they just hit the big 0.

www.bloomberg.com...

I officially declared the Dow due for a pullback May 6 and its been stuck in this trading range since then.

My oil forecast has also so far not verified, despite a world oil glut China and oil speculators have been able to drive prices back up to $65 a barrel. Still think the oil market is due for a pullback or at least remain below $70 a barrel over the summer.

The general belief that massive preemptive Quantitative easing and stimulus could produce a meaningful recovery to this recession by the end of 2009 has supported both markets.

Still lots of bearish scenarios other than green shoots that could play out over the summer. Its getting close to coin flip time for me.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
IMO we have another big day tomorrow to make up for that puke day tuesday, that should have never happened.. so I am going to call an up day of 175 pts or more tomorrow in the DJIA.. I have a feeling (so now its def. not going to happen lol)

Well only 200 more points to go lol

looks like good support right here at these levels at 8365 on the futures.. if it breaks below prob. going to be another puke day, if not hopefully we can spike back into the resistance of id say around 8490-8520 on the futures/cash

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Found this to be interesting:

"Steven Rattner, head of the U.S. Treasury Department’s automotive team, has a net worth of at least $188 million and held shares in an investment fund run by the majority owner of Chrysler LLC, according to his financial- disclosure statement.

Rattner, co-founder of Quadrangle Group LLC, also sold guarantees of as much as $15 million on a credit-default swaps index tied to the secured debt of 100 companies, including General Motors Corp.’s senior secured loans, the filing shows."

www.bloomberg.com...

Rattner, 56, has directed the Treasury’s auto team since February. Chrysler, which filed for bankruptcy protection on April 30, received $4 billion from the government in January. The company, the third-largest U.S. automaker, will get $500 million more from the Treasury’s Troubled Asset Relief Program, TARP’s special inspector general said in a report.

What I want to know is who to you have to know or start know with a "b" in order to get a flippin' job like his???

Rattner and his wife, Maureen White, raised between $100,000 and $250,000 for Barack Obama’s presidential campaign.

Good for starters I guess...

One article I read called him a "Hedge-fund Hell Hound"

I'd have a shorter and more succinct name for him.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Hell with links like that the wealth just recycle itself.
and we were told that Obama campaign funds were all from the littler people in America.

I tell you all this government has done so far is protecting the big and wealthy at the expenses of the littler people I wonder when people will wake up to see that night on shiny armor was nothing than a crock.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Good Day All...

Just HAD to pop in for this one...Hmmm...

IRS tax revenue falls along with taxpayers' income
www.usatoday.com...

Federal tax revenue plunged $138 billion, or 34%, in April vs. a year ago — the biggest April drop since 1981, a study released Tuesday by the American Institute for Economic Research says.

When the economy slumps, so does tax revenue, and this recession has been no different, says Kerry Lynch, senior fellow at the AIER and author of the study. "It illustrates how severe the recession has been."

For example, 6 million people lost jobs in the 12 months ended in April — and that means far fewer dollars from income taxes. Income tax revenue dropped 44% from a year ago.

"These are staggering numbers," Lynch says.
More at Link...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Don't worry they will be finding ways to get their money back one way or the other, after all the national debt interest needs to be paid one way or the other.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
GM shares are down to 76 cents. If someone can hold of Rockpuck, please tell him one word loudly: SELL.

If he starts to argue, please tell him to toss that American spirit; that we-shall-overcome anachronism into the waste basket.

If he asks what "anachronism" means, please tell him this: Never mind, just SELL, for God Our Lord knows that before the day is over . . . :puzz:

How much would one GM share be worth when the ring bells -- I mean when the bell rings?

Only top analysts can figure this out. It's a plunge Bear Sterns style. You don't see these things around too often. The flagship of American entrepreneurship is listing heavily.

Rockpuck, I beg you! Don't play a hero captain. Find a lifeboat nearest you and SAIL -- I mean SELL -- before the choppy sea swallows the GM ship to be no more, just to haunt the foggy seas as a ghost ship.

Oh yes, indeed, Mother Goose . . .

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

I got a kick out of this post as usual stander,LOL!

Hoping Puckie will read before he weeps...betting he's already taken the smarter path through the woods?

(I'd tell him to buy some APPLE...rumor that iphone will be priced at $99.00 will no doubt result in some more nice gains)

My neighbor still owned a chit-load of shares as well and I just left him an "entertaining" voice mail.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by irishchic]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic

(I'd tell him to buy some APPLE...rumor that iphone will be priced at $99.00 will no doubt result in some more nice gains)

Tell him that the apple is free to see how he handles freebies.
www.mystrangenewmexico.com...

That's snaky -- I mean sneaky, ain't it? It takes one Megabite of RAM and out of the door you go -- no mo' Eaton.
That Apple . . .

Wassup, Irishchick? How are you these days?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic

Though I personally would like an I-Phone for $99 I do not see how this is good for Apple (they make a hefty profit that will be cut greatly if they sell them for 99 dollars). Apple will go down if the rest of the Nasdaq goes down.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well today was flat for 95% of the day and then in the last 15 minutes the market rallied 100 points. I guess some people want to get in for June.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
LOL

Almost made my target.

We were at 8565 too.. so close

Great day for trading with the early volatility and the late rise

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

I dont know man...

IMO there are a few stocks which warrant such a high price tag and AAPL would be one, along with GS, GOOG, and GBM (greenbicman)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

I dont know man...

IMO there are a few stocks which warrant such a high price tag and AAPL would be one, along with GS, GOOG, and GBM (greenbicman)

Well GS, for example, is trading at rougly 32 times EPS. I don't think that is "cheap". Especially considering we know that GS will never be able to make the kind of profits they made in 2007 for a very very long time because they did so with incredible leverage. Also they have more shares since they diluted the stock and a much lower dividend.

BAC is trading at approx. 11 times EPS. That is pretty cheap. But we do not know what else they need to do to earn money. I can see them hitting 20 dollars before 5 dollars though sometime this year. Especially if Q2 is a surprise, which is skeptical at best but it could still happen.

There are many stocks though that led this rally that quadrupled and they are just so expensive at these prices. Like Ford and Office Depot. Ford has benefited from a GM and Chrysler bankruptcy. But that doesn't mean they will begin making money if the economy deteriorates further, and the tax receipt drop from the IRS signifies things are very bad still.

new topics

top topics

<< 329  330  331    333  334  335 >>

join