It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 331
<< 328  329  330    332  333  334 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
Yeah..

Everyone was getting too negative before this..

Should tell you to go the opposite way..

Worked again

The question isn't if to go to the other way, it is when you should go the other way. This market could have gone down 200 pts today and another 200 tomorrow if there were troubles with the auction. It all depends on your risk appetite and how long you are investing for.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Yeah, well I mean if you are long term, you dont have to be picky..

But I mean disregarding what you said, not thats its not true, but I am just saying that when everyone starts to get "negative" is when you should start to be positive (even though that is really hard to do - i.e. dow at 6800 , people jumping outta buildings etc..)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
[edit on 28-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
We averted big doom... Now next step... 10 years and 30 years bond auction...

IMO those buying US bonds are crazy.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yeah, well I mean if you are long term, you dont have to be picky..

But I mean disregarding what you said, not thats its not true, but I am just saying that when everyone starts to get "negative" is when you should start to be positive (even though that is really hard to do - i.e. dow at 6800 , people jumping outta buildings etc..)

Right now I don't think people are positive or negative enough to do anything for sure (I trade in the short term).

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Me too (or would be if I had the capital)

Of course, I go only by automatic trading program anyways, so I try to take ALL EMOTION OUT OF TRADING, which in these conditions I think is the best bet you can make..

Relating to this, I have talked to Roland privately, but am interested very much in anyone that knows the "in's and out's" of NGM9

Please PM me if you do, you seem to be quite knowledgeable

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

No way dude, US is a safehaven in an unstable world, please understand this, im not trying to be rude, but I think the negativity was way overdone here.. and I think the USA would be the last to "crash" if anyone would, IMHO

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The way its looking 8380 or 8390 in the cash on the dow is breakout territory today

EDIT: anything below 8350 or 8360 in the cash would be the negative breakout I believe, very tight trading range right now..

I like the upside risk more than the short though at this moment

[edit on 28-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Me too (or would be if I had the capital)

Of course, I go only by automatic trading program anyways, so I try to take ALL EMOTION OUT OF TRADING, which in these conditions I think is the best bet you can make..

Relating to this, I have talked to Roland privately, but am interested very much in anyone that knows the "in's and out's" of NGM9

Please PM me if you do, you seem to be quite knowledgeable

NGM9 is a futures contract for natural gas. I don't trade futures. There is always UNG, and you can buy calls which are still cheap because volatility is pretty low in UNG...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da5eb4bfa4f5.jpg[/atsimg]

That's a pretty bumpy ride midway through. I wish I knew the reason for that.

Evidence mounts that recession may be ending

But the economy's bounce along the bottom may be a very bumpy ride

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Looks like the market software developers are the fastest of them all nerds. Now I know what the programming in Visual C++ is all about -- you got to see it to believe it. Bumpy, bumpy . . . Ahahahaha . . . . The Joker has risen . . . . Ahahahaha . . .

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Interesting report nowhere to be seen on the news...

April Truck Tonnage Plunges 13.2%

Drop Is Biggest in 13 Years; Reading Is Lowest Since 2001

Truck tonnage decreased 13.2% in April compared with a year ago, falling to the lowest level in seven-and-a-half years, American Trucking Associations said.

The decline in the for-hire seasonally adjusted truck tonnage index was the biggest in 13 years and left tonnage at a reading of 99.2, its lowest level since November 2001.

The index fell 2.2% from March, the second consecutive month-to-month decrease, ATA said late Tuesday.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
My bad oil and the Precious metals were down yesterday according to todays Bloomberg.

Obviously we did not have any doomsday flight from stocks to bonds despite the yield jump yesterday though. Calm and confidence in the markets for now.

The Fed is in a pretty good position after the massive preemptive QE1, If it turns out that there is trouble selling all the new federal and bank debt capitalization, yields have room to move up. Once the recovery is in full swing it was likely the Fed would have had to raise interest rates anyways to control inflation. On the other hand if the doomsday analysts turn out to be correct and we end up with a major bond dislocation the Fed could safely put off a more conservative QE2 till they get a better read on their green shoots at the end of the year. Both consumer confidence and the stock market are high.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromunclexcommunicate
Oil and precious metals were down today and obviously we did not have any doomsday flight from stocks to bonds despite the yield jump yesterday. Calm and confidence in the markets for now.

What prices are you looking at? Oil is now almost 65 dollars/barrel. All commodities and precious metals were up today.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

That will be until the states in the Republic starts to cut on welfare benefits and illegal immigrant born American children's rights, already my state is looking into both of those.

When US starts to do that and spread beyond the boundaries of California America will not be so attractive anymore.

But occurs you are talking about the "markets" and they are not the economy.
at least not every day regular Americans one, specially those on welfare.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

No to forget that the OPEC is asking speculators to drive the prices higher, still the one the oil to be 200 dollars a barrel in two years.

And please do not call them oil cartel, that is derogatory.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromunclexcommunicate
Both consumer confidence and the stock market are high.

No, that is what the government is telling us, still the unemployment take all that out of the question of how good the confident is when unemployment claims are still high, credit lines are cut and loans are still hard to get.

And those claims registered are just the ones that can have a claim, no to many now a days.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The Germans have demanded that gold bullion held in US custodial accounts be returned to their owners, with physical gold shipped back to Germany. The Dubai bankers have demanded that gold bullion held in London custodial accounts be returned to their owners, with physical gold shipped back to the United Arab Emirates. They are following the hired German counsel. In all likelihood, neither US nor London sources are in possession of all the gold held in those custodial accounts, since at least some of it probably was improperly leased. By that is meant without owner permission or knowledge. So an uproar could come soon with charges of gold bullion theft, or at least failure of fiduciary responsibility. Theft is a simpler description.
www.marketoracle.co.uk...

If there is a concerted effort to cause a default on the crimex then the dollar will be toast in relatively short order. Once the fact that the vast majority of gold in London and America is paper becomes obvious then china can issue a gold/oil? backed currency in association with Russian and Arab allies.

Since they are large producers of these commodities, their currency will have VALUE, and would be tied to REALITY. What concepts huh? A world thirsty for contractual truth would lap it up. The dollar is a dying relic.

Unfortunately, this dispute may come to blows somewhere along these lines, possibly started through a Russian/Chinese proxy like say North Korea or Iran?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
We are going to be lucky if we can pull off any more bond sales at all. The time for deciding what to do has come and gone! They made the decision to have a much shorter YET much HARDER time! It is in the works people. We are going to be lucky to last till the Fall if they don't come out and pull another bunny out of Bernake's bum and real soon. By soon I mean by the end of next week and we all know how fast the Gov works around here...

Get ready to start seeing a lot of marker calls and demands for full payment of loans on what they want in the very near future.

Things aren't looking to be fairing to well for the middle/end of next month...just wait and see

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
There is a good quote from the Wall Street Journal:

"Americans are living pay check to pay check and now the American government is living auction to auction."

Very sad

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar

The Germans have demanded that gold bullion held in US custodial accounts be returned to their owners, with physical gold shipped back to Germany. The Dubai bankers have demanded that gold bullion held in London custodial accounts be returned to their owners, with physical gold shipped back to the United Arab Emirates. They are following the hired German counsel. In all likelihood, neither US nor London sources are in possession of all the gold held in those custodial accounts, since at least some of it probably was improperly leased. By that is meant without owner permission or knowledge. So an uproar could come soon with charges of gold bullion theft, or at least failure of fiduciary responsibility. Theft is a simpler description.
www.marketoracle.co.uk...

If there is a concerted effort to cause a default on the crimex then the dollar will be toast in relatively short order. Once the fact that the vast majority of gold in London and America is paper becomes obvious then china can issue a gold/oil? backed currency in association with Russian and Arab allies.

Since they are large producers of these commodities, their currency will have VALUE, and would be tied to REALITY. What concepts huh? A world thirsty for contractual truth would lap it up. The dollar is a dying relic.

Unfortunately, this dispute may come to blows somewhere along these lines, possibly started through a Russian/Chinese proxy like say North Korea or Iran?

I don't know what to think of this blog entry. For one, I don't think China will want a stronger currency than Europe and the U.S. (hence why they illegally devalue the currency). Also, how does this blogger know all of this? The best currencies to be in are the Aussie dollars and Canadian dollar for a currency play if commodities continue to increase (which I hope they don't I don't want to pay 3+ dollars/gallon again
)

<< 328  329  330    332  333  334 >>

join