It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 325
<< 322  323  324    326  327  328 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

This week will bring one hairy ride....there is an outside chance, depending on what the dollar does, that we could see another October like sell off...

Edit for prediction......10% retracement to the downside this week...sliver hits $15

[edit on 25-5-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter

This week will bring one hairy ride....there is an outside chance, depending on what the dollar does, that we could see another October like sell off...

Edit for prediction......10% retracement to the downside this week...sliver hits $15

[edit on 25-5-2009 by RolandBrichter]

So are you shorting/buying puts? I mean what good is a predicition if you aren't acting on it?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

IMO I think we are in a bull flag (if you look at the daily charts)

But of course, anything could happen..

I don't think a weak dollar hurts us, but i DEF could be wrong

Here is something to look at

Its the futures on a daily chart.. I cant say what I think is going to happen, but it looks to me like a bull flag, you can draw your own conclusions of course or PM me

Dow Futures Daily -

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
online.wsj.com...

John Paulson (THE man in the hedge fund world) bought 1 billion dollars worth of BAC shares at 10 dollars/share in their offering (100mil). Also I heard famous short seller Doug Kass say that the summer will be the "revenge of the longs". Also the Wall Street Journal reports that many investors got substantially less shares than ordered signaling high demand. Seems bullish to me in the short term.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

2.5 million dollar swing on a 1/4 tick would make you sweat huh?

not when you know you wont lose lol

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

2.5 million dollar swing on a 1/4 tick would make you sweat huh?

not when you know you wont lose lol

Damn if only he could give me that 1/4 tick

Seriously though...I need to start buying some equities. My only real "long" position was to buy the yen and sell the dollar which has paid off nicely since forex trading is so leveraged (100:1). But this Paulson thing makes me slightly more bullish and it makes me feel a little more comfortable buying and holding BAC at 10 dollars/share. For the SHORT TERM. I am a bear overall. But short term I am pretty bullish.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Yeah, throw a half point my way please, I need a new yacht

But as a failsafe you gotta do your own homework

You already know that though

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Yeah, throw a half point my way please, I need a new yacht

But as a failsafe you gotta do your own homework

You already know that though

Yes these markets are treacherous. I definitely won't go out on a shopping spree at these levels.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hmmmm

Nikkei falls 0.4 pct on N.Korea, futures selling
TOKYO, May 26 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average fell 0.4 percent on Tuesday, hurt after North Korea warned of further short-range missile tests and by selling in the futures market.

The benchmark Nikkei .N225 dropped 36.19 points to 9,310.81 after earlier falling as far as 9,231.93. The broader Topix rose 0.1 percent to 883.77.
www.reuters.com...

from another article same site
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Asian shares edged lower on Tuesday with stocks in Seoul down 1.2 percent after North Korea threatened to launch more missiles and while investor doubts about the world economy kept riskier assets such as the euro under pressure.

North Korea further raised tensions after its nuclear test on Monday, though analysts believe the market impact will be short-lived in a region growing accustomed to Pyongyang's actions

It would seem they aren't to worried about any long term damage due to this having happened before. I think keeping an eye on just how much/high the sell off of the futures goes as far as the NK region is concerned. If we start to see any kind of sharp sell off it could signal greater tensions in the area than they are letting on too.

to add:
Have been watching Brazil for sometime have you guys noticed the steady uphill climb they have been doing since March of this year? They are still off the 70g mark but man have they been climbing!
Is there some new trade agreement they got that I didn't get ahold of? Somehting is going very right over there right now and it has me wondering what it could be. I mean the rest of the world is still trying to bail themselves out and these guys are on an upward climb like no one else.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
AP: A widely watched index shows home prices fell at the fastest rate ever in the first quarter.3 minutes ago from web

Rio-Tinto drops Steel price 37%...

Crazy...just like the depression

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) has closed the Citizens National Bank in Macomb, Illinois; 37th bank failure this year.4 minutes ago from web

Now this is getting crazy also...a Thursday close and now a Tuesday?!? (Monday for the Market holiday)

[edit on 5/26/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Actually two banks....here is the link. Total for year is 36.

financial-planning.com

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BostonBill99

Huh that's messed up then... saying 37th when it's really 36 and this was announced already...what's up with all that?!? Dumb BNO Breaking News eh?

Hmmm...I already saw and posted the 2 from last week...it just threw me off...never mind (think gilda radner
)

It's official: The recession is here
www.busrep.co.za...

S&P/Case-Shiller: Home prices down 18.7% YOY in March
blogs.moneyandmarkets.com...

[edit on 5/26/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Housing prices equivalent of 2002 prices I believe I heard this morning..

If I didnt have a side splitting headache I would type more.. ahhh

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Consumer confidence you say?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Sure...

If ya feed the masses enough Bull sooner of later they'll believe it...

Till they lose their job & house...Hmmm... :shk:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
They are certainly cooking the numbers.

A confidence index of 54?? WHAT? Too much Kool-aid drinking.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Worst ever SP Home Index #'s

Stronger than expected CC

Markets could have folded under the former, but flourished under the CC

Thats just a little piece of information to think about, to me that equals bull market, but I just call them like I see them

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Its hard to explain?

I have a theory..

This is why I think no matter what people say about jobs, it is always going to be a lagging indicator, even though common sense would tell many differently..

My other theory would be that

Buyers have spotted a bottoming out with the housing data..

On a side note, could have a new Supreme Court Justice..

But lets get to the good stuff, what is she on "individual liberties"?

EDIT: Or other theory would be that bull flag I was talking about up there a few posts up, so "technically" we were set up for it... all interesting things though... still im more concerned if this nominee is "cool"!?

[edit on 26-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ok folks..

We are going to test the 200 EMA again in the Nasdaq..

Remember what I said, it ususally spikes up, then goes back down and tests again.. if we can get the price and the EMA's to cross this time, well that is def a leading indicator regarding the DJIA and SP500 as well...

NASDAQ - with EMA's Drawn - Today in light blue color

top topics

<< 322  323  324    326  327  328 >>

join