It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 316
<< 313  314  315    317  318  319 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

What does the FED have to do with the SEC reorg? They are taking some of the roles over I believe? I dont know if they even want to do that, just extra paperwork lol...

IMO this is a good thing, the SEC does NOTHING...now maybe since FED is controlling some parts there will be some more insight...w/a tad bit more corruption that is

I dont know enough about it though other than to just offer a comment of course

EDIT:btw i feel your pain i was sick the past 2 weeks..

[edit on 20-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I just heard the funniest thing Ive ever heard in my life

Congressman goes, "We need an independent financial commission, like we did with the9/11 COMMISSION"..

Umm.. if its anything like the 9/11 commission, I will /bow and admit we are f*****

[edit on 20-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Well if you are familiar with the original bailout bill that was voted out because the overwhelming unconstitutional powers that was going to give to the Federal Reserve.

The people in the nation inundated the white House and congress with e-mails and phone.

That is why they have to change some provisions before it was voted, here in ATS we have a big thread on it .

It seems that the powers are still been looked at after all, but now it will be under Obama influence.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Do you think it would be any different under any other president?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Well under Bush it was halted, but now under Obama people are too blind with his Charisma and good looks to even remember what they fought for under the Bush first bail out bill.

This can become dangerous, if you are familiar with the bill it was asking for unrestricted powers for the Federal Reserve and congress and the public could no even request to see what they were doing with the tax payer money, so transparency was forbidden.

Obama in one of his campaign motto was to make government as transparent as it should be.

So it will be interesting to see what the Federal Reserve will be asking for now.

After all the Federal Reserve act has been ignored so far since the bank bailout came to be in place

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I dont disagree..

But I think people have to get used to the FED def not ending, but over time gaining more power....one of those like it or not situations..

As long as you dont think we are heading towards NWO (although i think that is going to happen one day eventually) I think the FED gives the USA more leverage and power in the world..

Thats of course not looking at it from a "straight arrow" viewpoint if you know what i mean

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Well is one thing that the America people doesn't like or agree with, the Federal Reserve is not a government agency is a private entity that operates under secrecy.

Still they get their hands on Americas tax payer money and that alone doesn't seat well with many Americans.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Hey look Marg...we are now a proud part owner of GM!!!

Government may own majority of GMAC: report
Treasury reportedly planning new $7.5 bln investment in auto finance fir
May 20, 2009, 1:12 p.m. EST
www.marketwatch.com...

And...

Japan posts record GDP drop, but above expectation
May 19, 2009, 8:06 p.m. EST
www.marketwatch.com...

More "Green Shots"

[edit on 5/20/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

You are kidding me!!!!!!!!
This people were ready to file bankruptcy in June 1, and actually close the doors in the US and move oversea where they are doing much better.

I am speechless, more money to be squandered on a sinking boat that has not future.

Darn this will be with the new Bailout money that will be in this summer 1 trillion more.

And Obama said himself that our deficit budget is unsustainable, well everybody better get ready for the tax increases that are going to be knocking our doors very soon.

Still this is in an effort to stop the 200 thousand jobs that could be lost if GM closes their doors and that doesn't count the trickle down effect of everybody link to GM.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by marg6043]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Hi marg!

And Obama said himself that our deficit budget is unsustainable, well everybody better get ready for the tax increases that are going to be knocking our doors very soon.

Just wondering. How are they going to increase taxes when they can only tax people who are employed?..

But maybe it only represents a temporary blip in the overall scheme of things. I'm developing this theory about 'the more fervently the MSM proclaims recovery the more investors are being had'. The PTB end up owning all the failed banks & industry, not to mention all the real estate - private and commercial - then add insult to injury by persuading any remaining suckers to stuff whatever spare cash they have into stocks in, well anything frankly. Which in effect means throwing whatever they have left for a rainy day into the hands of the manipulating owners of the entire meganopoly.

By the time the whole mirage has evaporated into thin air and money has become valueless they won't care. They own every means of production and have every man woman and child in such utter debt slavery all future value flows in the direction of their conniving little cabal.

But I'm sure it's all well-intentioned...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Central bank now expects unemployment to rise to a range of 9.2% to 9.6% this year. Fed also predicts a sharper decline in GDP than it had forecast in January.

money.cnn.com...

Another set of downward revisions. Pretty much what we on ATS expected.

The earlier January estimates are probably priced into the 30+ percent rally. Who knows how long it will take for this and any future quarterly estimates to have any effect on buyers.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

He, he, how can the government tax people when unemployment keeps rising, well he will target the very rich and wealthy, but at the end it will be hard working dying middle class that actually will be footing the bill.

Taxes is the only way that the government can increase its revenue.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Tax the middle class, find anything not taxed and tax it, and raise the taxes and fees for everything else.

In my state they are talking about upping the State Income Tax, adding a Sales Tax, increasing Property Taxes and an added tax on Gasoline.

British tried this on the colonies to finance their massive government spending.. maybe we will need to send King Barrack a message?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Oh ya.. all you crazy optimist out there.. you know who you are..

Things are looking up.. and yet the Fed comes in and rains on our parade!

Jesus christ I swear to god I am SICK of my articles disappearing while I type my posts! Wasn't even 3 mins and I go back to the story and it's gone..

Anyways, I am sure a replacement will be up soon... bloomberg.com

It was an article on the Fed reducing our yearly economic activity forecast, upping unemployment to 9.6% and GDP to suffer more severe contractions.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Still finding it tough to bring this market down...

I have had many points taken off my theory...

Sitting at 8381 in the futures..

We just cant finish negative on the week, that would be a flood running through my parade..

Interesting Note is the FED committee persons (whatever you call them) were more positive than the report (historically these people are more correct)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by redhatty

Ok, you are a crock Obama,

Now it's this what made everybody stand on the edge when during the Bush administration the bail out bill was going to do just that?.

May 19 (Bloomberg) -- The Obama administration may call for stripping the Securities and Exchange Commission of some of its duties under a regulatory reorganization that could be unveiled as soon as next week, people familiar with the matter said.

I wonder how many patriotic Americans that see the Fed for what they are nothing but crocks, will stand up again against this unconstitutional powers.

This time I see none, why? because this time is no Bush in power is the man of hope and change and people will blindly follow anything this man will do, to tell you the truth he is nothing but full of the same crap that Bush was.

BTW I am fighting a bad cold and is hard to type while trying to keep nose from dripping all over

This just frustrating.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by marg6043]

The SEC has been complicit in this entire debacle. They have done NOTHING to help investors! I strongly yearn for them to have to someone to answer to. It's coming slowly but the writing is on the wall. The fed will be nationalized in order for them to perform their expanded roles. Isn't tthat what you want in a nutshell?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Quite right, the SEC is as corrupt as they come, as are the FDIC.

But handing the powers to the Federal Reserve, a private entity? Hell no..

We KNOW the SEC is Corrupt because we can summon their files and records..

The FED we have no idea how corrupt because they are exempt from Congressional Oversight, and are exempt from the Freedom of Information Act since they are a private entity..

We need to create a NEW Government agency to oversee the work the SEC does, take over the FDIC and institute into this organization, and dismantle the Federal Reserve, granting regulation to this Government entity.

But we all know that will never happen. I'm still trying to tell who was on the recieving end of this Coup d'etat .. it would appear anyways the banks where bullied into the ordeal, any guesses?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Singapore's economy contracts 10.1 per cent in first quarter

www.monstersandcritics.com...

Almost as bad as Slovenia...

[edit on 5/20/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Obama in one of his campaign motto was to make government as transparent as it should be.

Obama did fulfill his promise.

The source, who was not cleared to speak with the media and would not be identified, said the U.S. government would pay for the assets by assuming the automaker's $6 billion of secured debt and forgiving the bulk of the $15.4 billion of emergency loans that the U.S. Treasury has provided to GM.

Are you in any way affiliated with the US Treasury, or are you just a taxpayer?

A taxpayer.

That's good. I would hate to see those GM guys going transparently through your valet.

[edit on 5/20/2009 by stander]

new topics

top topics

<< 313  314  315    317  318  319 >>

join