It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 315
<< 312  313  314    316  317  318 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Yeah, I cant really comment, but safety first!

Also, my theory took one hit as HPQ guides slightly lower on the year..

But I will add +1 to my theory, as the dollar falls, market will pick up..

Small victories, right ?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Ok, so I was sleeping earlier and didnt see fast money..

I believe this is a violation?

1. So who saw where they flashed BAC had NO COMMENT as to why their stock was falling..

2. Then it flashes on bottom of screen, "CNBC SOURCE, says BAC offering at $10/Share

So you have to hear it from a "source" and not the actual company?

Does anyone know if this is actually legit, or rumor?

EDIT: I did some more research..

LOL - if you dont think "big money" has control over this market by now, you are crazy.. these guys know everything, and "AFTERHOURS" is not regulated at all.. I need to find these guys, they seem like people that you wanna know - if you guys are reading this, PM me, I want in!

[edit on 19-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Are we seeing an AH turnaround?

My auto program has confirmed a change in trend.. first one all night..

Could have been the lag we need??

I dont know.. but the deeper we get into this week the more interested I become (yeah, i have no life right now
)

Dow futures real time 1248am est

This is a 5 min interval of afterhours this evening

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
Are we seeing an AH turnaround?

My auto program has confirmed a change in trend.. first one all night..

Could have been the lag we need??

I dont know.. but the deeper we get into this week the more interested I become (yeah, i have no life right now
)

Dow futures real time 1248am est

This is a 5 min interval of afterhours this evening

Funny. I am the exact opposite. I am getting less interested in the markets right now. I also have way too much to do. Let me tell you one thing, the rally will end when everyone is bullish again. There are still way too many skeptics and bashers and bears. When people are scrambling to buy, that is when things will go down and make new lows. That can be when DOW is at 11000 for all I know.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

A Fed official said several of the country's 19 largest banks that participated in the recent stress tests are interested in repaying the money they received from the government's $700 billion bailout fund.

Who would miss the opportunity to send back 20 cents on each borrowed dollar.
Naw . . .

Under the rules governing the operation of the bailout fund, banks that receive assistance can make repayments as long as they prove to their primary regulator that repaying the capital injections will not jeopardize their safety and soundness. The banks also must show that they can replace the funds by raising capital without guarantees from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.

"Capital injection" meant buying the stock of the bank. So let's not wait for the traders to send the price of the shares up to the ionosphere. Otherwise you have the feds on the "board of directors" for longer than necessary -- no good for the invention of yet more complex "financial instruments."

A major issue that needs to be resolved along with the repayments is paying the government for warrants it received as part of the initial loans to banks in the form preferred stock purchases. Those warrants gave the government the option to buy stock at a set price over a period of 10 years.

But now that banks want to return the bailout funds, the government and the banks will have to settle the issue of how much the stock warrants are worth.

The bankers will outwitt the feds when Paulson is gone, the same way they outwitted the deep, unemployment-riddled recession and made enough money to feel confident to repay the loans.

So the financial sector is ready to rock'n'roll. The investors will surely prepare for it:
www.davestravelcorner.com...

An option for senior investors will open soon:
www.coeurdalene.org...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Funny. I am the exact opposite. I am getting less interested in the markets right now. I also have way too much to do. Let me tell you one thing, the rally will end when everyone is bullish again. There are still way too many skeptics and bashers and bears. When people are scrambling to buy, that is when things will go down and make new lows. That can be when DOW is at 11000 for all I know.

You are absolutely correct...the idea is to lure in suckers with false hope (after all we are eternal optimists, aren't we) and false reports....more and more grow bullish and fall for the groupthink...despite every....and I do mean every indication pointing to impending disaster...

I wouldn't be surprised to see a summer move above 10K....but sooner or later reality will overcome all this misplaced optimism, and when it does....well, when it does we will all wish we took our medicine back during the tech bubble collapse...

That being said....there really is alot of money to be made right now, if that is your thing

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander
So the financial sector is ready to rock'n'roll. The investors will surely prepare for it:
www.davestravelcorner.com...

I believe it when I see it, Stander.

A strong advance by financial stocks (+2.1%) in the first few minutes of trading is helping drive the broader market higher.

Rock on through
Electric Avenue
and we take it higher

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

A most perfect representation of our financial markets.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Timmy G is getting used to the spotlight..

I love that half cracked smile he has..

LOL

Not as smooth as Uncle Ben of course, but Uncle Ben is beyond most of these people

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

I have a chart a few pages back that has a resistance #1 and #2 Line.

If we break #2 (around 11,000) IMO that signals the end of this "bear market" absolutely..

Until then, I would be weary.. but if we get out 20,50,200EMA out of their inverse position (only under the 200 now), I believe we are out of this bear market..

But this of course hinges on a lot of things happening..

We have to break #1 resistance first

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

reply to post by RolandBrichter

I have a chart a few pages back that has a resistance #1 and #2 Line.

If we break #2 (around 11,000) IMO that signals the end of this "bear market" absolutely..

Until then, I would be weary.. but if we get out 20,50,200EMA out of their inverse position (only under the 200 now), I believe we are out of this bear market..

But this of course hinges on a lot of things happening..

We have to break #1 resistance first

We are only out of this bear market if the fundamentals get better and there are no surprises on the road ahead (like big bankruptcies) and we begin recovery next quarter and it keeps getting better in the next quarters (as the market is setting itself up for). If those things don't happen, then we are still in a bear market.

The moment growth slows again, there will be a massive sell off because the market is now saying, "recovery is around the corner, and the worst is behind us". I say this because I wouldn't be surprised if the next quarter or two is a little better and then growth slows again in the next quarters which shocks the people thinking we are in recovery.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Yes, but there is one difference.

You are talking about the economy, and I am talking about the stock market.

So I guess what I am saying is, you will see it in the market before you see it in "real life"

You and many others are more knowledgeable about the inner workings of the economy than I am... but I am only talking about technical aspects of what we have done historically, and I can relay this to you with 100% historical accuracy.

As we have never seen "economic policies" like these implemented before, WE HAVE SEEN technical aspects of this market before (well once in history, the early 70's) and so far we are following that to a tee as far as the recovery from that went (energy crisis)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Yes, but there is one difference.

You are talking about the economy, and I am talking about the stock market.

So I guess what I am saying is, you will see it in the market before you see it in "real life"

You and many others are more knowledgeable about the inner workings of the economy than I am... but I am only talking about technical aspects of what we have done historically, and I can relay this to you with 100% historical accuracy.

As we have never seen "economic policies" like these implemented before, WE HAVE SEEN technical aspects of this market before (well once in history, the early 70's) and so far we are following that to a tee as far as the recovery from that went (energy crisis)

The market ALWAYS follows the economy in the long term (not always short term). If the economy does badly, the stock market can go up, but eventually, it will go down. It has happened all through its history. The economy usually begins to do worse before the stock market, and that is why there are crashes. The market crashes to catch up. So yes, you are right, the markets can "seem" like a bull market because of the trillions printed and spent even if the economy doesn't improve that dramatically. But once the market realizes the economy is here and the market is at the moon, that is when terrible crashes occurs. Being a cautious bull right now is good.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Something is going on with BofA and is all been kept out of the public view,

They are claiming that they raised billions in Capital, but what many doesn't know is that they are no only selling cheap but they are selling China Construction Bank, they are also planning to sell its Columbia asset management unit and the First Republic Bank unit to raise more capital.

Now

Regulators said that in a severe downturn Bank of America could face a potential $136.6 billion of losses from loans, investments and trading in 2009 and 2010.

www.cnbc.com...

If the worst if over for BofA I wonder why all this activity

[edit on 20-5-2009 by marg6043]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Did you see my above post about BAC last night?

The equity they are raising is required I believe..

Them selling off their other assets I believe is just a strategic move..

I could be wrong

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Something is going on with BofA and is all been kept out of the public view,

BAC has been all over the price as of late. It was down 6% after hours yesterday then was up 1% after hours at the end of trading. It was up 11% today and then went to up 2%. The trading is usually erratic, but there are so many variables that are making BAC even more volatile and strange that I will stay out of the cross fire for now.

Also, banks selling all these assets proves that their earnings potential have been reduced drastically. Not just because they have a smaller asset base, but because the "debt economy" is still deleveraging.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Yes I did, that is why I have been keeping my eyes on the news coming from them, could it be a sign of desperation because they see another wave of bad loses looming?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I dont think so...

But lets put it this way...

This is just an opinion of course, but I think you can still catch this one in the single digits..

IMO - ALL BAD NEWS HAS BEEN PRICED IN

That doesnt mean you cant catch anything on a dip - this is a TRADERS STOCK - from 9 to 14 to 9 to 14 to 9 to 14.......

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Speaking of BAC, Karl Denninger did a ticker on them yesterday...

WHERE ARE THE DAMN COPS (BAC)

the manipulation going on lately as well as the fraud being perpetrated to prop up the banks has me staying far, far away from the trading platform.

In case you haven't seen them here are a few of the tickers from today

Ok, You're A Crook Obama

Unintended Consequences (Again)

Another "I Told You So": Pensions

Lied To Again: Will The People Wake Up?

There is some mighty bad karma coming to folks making a profit on the destruction of America - I am doing my best to avoid that.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Ok, you are a crock Obama,

Now it's this what made everybody stand on the edge when during the Bush administration the bail out bill was going to do just that?.

May 19 (Bloomberg) -- The Obama administration may call for stripping the Securities and Exchange Commission of some of its duties under a regulatory reorganization that could be unveiled as soon as next week, people familiar with the matter said.

I wonder how many patriotic Americans that see the Fed for what they are nothing but crocks, will stand up again against this unconstitutional powers.

This time I see none, why? because this time is no Bush in power is the man of hope and change and people will blindly follow anything this man will do, to tell you the truth he is nothing but full of the same crap that Bush was.

BTW I am fighting a bad cold and is hard to type while trying to keep nose from dripping all over

This just frustrating.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<< 312  313  314    316  317  318 >>

join