It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 311
<< 308  309  310    312  313  314 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The pre-market mood is somewhat subdued and it can turn quite negative depending on what the HMI spits out. House building sparks a broad variety of economic activity.

Aah, the subprime way to prosperity was sooo good -- but it didn't last that long though.

HMI is a good excuse to sell, no matter what the figure would say. So the early hours of Monday trading would send the Dow down the volcano until the "unrealistic" lows would be bought back, then cleaned and groomed for the future profit taking. But there is also a chance that the recovery would take place on Tuesday. The best way to find out is to intently stare at irishchick's avatar for two minutes. Then, if she appears to slide down the pole, then the recovery will take place on Tuesday.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander
The pre-market mood is somewhat subdued and it can turn quite negative depending on what the HMI spits out. House building sparks a broad variety of economic activity.

Aah, the subprime way to prosperity was sooo good -- but it didn't last that long though.

HMI is a good excuse to sell, no matter what the figure would say. So the early hours of Monday trading would send the Dow down the volcano until the "unrealistic" lows would be bought back, then cleaned and groomed for the future profit taking. But there is also a chance that the recovery would take place on Tuesday. The best way to find out is to intently stare at irishchick's avatar for two minutes. Then, if she appears to slide down the pole, then the recovery will take place on Tuesday.

HMI is being reported on Tuesday I think. Lowes reports tomorrow though and Home Depot on Tuesday so that will be interesting for the markets.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Here's the latest buzz...I know it's a older article, but, just saw it again this morning somewhere...

The G-20’s Secret Debt Solution
by Larry Edelson 11-13-08
www.moneyandmarkets.com...
search.google.com

And...

Swine flu could have ‘notable economic effects’: IMF
birlaa.com...

India's Sensex stock index is up 2,099.21 points or 17.24%. Trading halted for the rest of the day.4 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

[edit on 5/18/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

HMI is being reported on Tuesday I think. Lowes reports tomorrow though and Home Depot on Tuesday so that will be interesting for the markets.

That's right. I forgot there are two kinds of related indexes. Housing Starts index is for the release on Tuesday. What goes out tomorrow is Housing Market Index based on other parameters than building permits. It includes sales of existing homes and so on. The Housing Starts index is more tied to the future trends in economy, whereas the Housing Market Index looks into the people's valets, more or less, as of the previous month.

So I don't know why the early birds feel uneasy about tomorrow.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Hmmm...

# Telegraph: A motion of no-confidence to be tabled demanding that Commons speaker stand down, something not seen in 300 years. half a minute ago from BNO Headquarters

# UK's Commons speaker emergency statement expected at 16:30 CET after facing revolt over handling of expenses scandal. 2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hex, you can't toggle between that virus-infected forum and here like that. We get all sick and . . .
What?
img3.photographersdirect.com...
Oh, I didn't know. Sorry.
Thanks, Rock.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Ooopppsss... ~Achoo...Sniff~ Sorry

S&P 500 -0.90 882.10 5/18 3:41am
Fair Value 880.94 5/16 8:12am
Difference* +1.16

NASDAQ -2.25 1352.00 5/18 3:35am
Fair Value 1353.91 5/16 8:12am
Difference* -1.91

Dow Jones -14.00 8253.00 5/18 3:40am
===
FTSE 100 4,360.26 3:43AM ET Up 12.15 (0.28%)
CAC 40 3,140.19 3:58AM ET Down 28.86 (0.91%)
DAX 4,697.16 3:43AM ET Down 40.34 (0.85%)
===
BSE 30 14,272.63 2:25AM ET Up 2,099.21 (17.24%)
Shanghai Composite 2,652.78 3:00AM ET Up 7.52 (0.28%)
Hang Seng 17,018.43 3:42AM ET Up 227.73 (1.36%)
Nikkei 225 9,038.69 3:00AM ET Down 226.33 (2.44%)

Whoohooo...just checked my Account Statement...

Uncle Ben's X-Mas in May present just arrived!!!

Now I can go buy my 30-06 & .45

[edit on 5/18/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

No longer true. Scanty pre-market climbed into a cautiously positive territory. Monday may end up feeding the pig to be ready for Tuesday slaughter.

www.kramarczuk.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

No longer true. Scanty pre-market climbed into a cautiously positive territory. Monday may end up feeding the pig to be ready for Tuesday slaughter.

www.kramarczuk.com...

Why are you so sure Tuesday will be a slaughter?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Yeah, I really wouldnt be..

Today looks like the snap back from the 20 EMA i was waiting for..

Still would like to see it close over this b4 I put on #23 though

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
11:38 EST

A lot of weird negative arbitrage going on right now in futures..

just thought i would throw that out there as a reference if a move happens

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
11:38 EST

A lot of weird negative arbitrage going on right now in futures..

just thought i would throw that out there as a reference if a move happens

I know what negative arbitrage is when it comes to bonds but what is negative arbitrage when it comes to futures?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

www.kramarczuk.com...

Why are you so sure Tuesday will be a slaughter?

I'm not sure what kind of selling will take place on Tuesday. But I'm sure that those folks who look at the dividend column are not those who push the market around. Housing Starts due tomorrow is a good opportunity to see the economy in dark colors and cash in. There is absence of any news today so the Dow is flat and up. If it closes around 8.4K, then HS index takes it down to 8200 tomorrow. Not slaughter exactly, but there is low volatility so it may look like an ominous slide. There is already a slight downward pressure, but the session should end up going up. But you never now all the schemes. You don't buy the stock of Dow Jones; you buy the stock of individual companies and there is crap going in this category.

My best guess is that Tuesday is the yard sale.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Selling futures into strength of dow.. after that happened it fell a bit then picked back up.. I like where we stand for the close here..

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This is getting very strange. Volume is pretty low in stocks (especially financials) and they are up huge. They opened high and are at around their highs with no volume. I am getting pretty suspicious about where that 9 trillion dollars went that the Federal Reserve lost track of...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I believe the correct term is

PPT

But I really think its BM (Big Money)

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I believe the correct term is

PPT

But I really think its BM (Big Money)

This whole market run up was to recapitalize institutions so nobody had to ask Congress for more money and they enact legislation to nationalize everyone so they can look righteous in the face of angry tax payers. That is it. Nobody who is smart is buying certain stocks (like financials) right now when the only news coming out for a while is more stock offerings. Retail buyers are too scared to buy at these prices. This market is being lifted on very low volume and by mostly market orders (funds don't use market orders). The only people who use market orders are undisciplined retail people. They are not the ones buying or there would be more volume.

Going up huge on low volume with nobody to buy back from when (whoever) wants to sell sets things up to get ugly. I have a feeling the federal reserve in conjunction with the treasury decided that recapitalizing banks through bidding up their stock prices would be easier for them rather than go through Congress. So the fed "lost" the 9 trillion, and they refuse to tell anyone what they spent (or printed) other trillions on.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

So, I would assume idiots are the biggest money makers of the day as financials are leading the way?

Remember, dont let your ego get in front of the market.. I think you are thinking "too big picture"..

If there wasnt strength in the market I dont believe we would see SP over 900 and holding ..

But like I said, I wouldnt judge too much until this weeks end..

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

So, I would assume idiots are the biggest money makers of the day as financials are leading the way?

Remember, dont let your ego get in front of the market.. I think you are thinking "too big picture"..

If there wasnt strength in the market I dont believe we would see SP over 900 and holding ..

But like I said, I wouldnt judge too much until this weeks end..

You are saying big money is buying TODAY. I disagree. Big money bought earlier.

new topics

top topics

<< 308  309  310    312  313  314 >>

join