It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 302
<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by redhatty

I have not cheerleaded..

If you cannot have an opinion, what good is this site

People saying that the econ. is going to crash = advice as well

As I have said, its all in how the user "interprets" what they read

So, I guess, everyone that states an OPINION = ADVICE

Not one time and this is the 1000000000000 time I have said it, I would never hope that anyone would act on anything they have read on this website

EDIT: Yes, Redhatty, Im a sinister mo'fo' working with the govt. hoping to shut this ridiculously misinformed thread down because the people posting have gone out and outsmarted the govt. and myself

Bravo, friend

[edit on 14-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

Hey GBM, ANYONE can see all the times you have "cheerleaded" and walked the TA line, it's all HERE

Now get busy, you have about 307 posts to go through and edit if you still can to clear out that obvious lie.

Since you continue to argue that you are doing nothing wrong - ever, even though you don't provide any news or analysis of the major events affecting the market but only promote your own "trading skills", I'll leave it at this.

Each and EVERY time I see you walking that TA line, I will send in an alert to the Mods, for the safety of ATS - mind you, and we will see if the GBM name goes the way of your first name, "XTC_Savedmylife."

The staff can decide who is correct in the future :-)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

What is your problem

When i didnt know the rules I posted a whole bunch about specific things

When I did know (and my last screename got erased b/c of violation of name) I stopped doing that

I STATED IN MY NEW SCREENAME IN A POST (MY FIRST ONE BACK INFACT) THAT MY OLD ONE WAS

XTC_SAVEDMYLIFE

***SNIP***

You remind me of the kid in school that always told on you

And yes, I know im getting flammed for this post

ADMIN NOTE: REMOVED PERSONAL ATTACK AND CENSOR CIRCUMVENTION

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

OK...so job losses make no difference...Hmmm...how about this then???

U.S. banking crisis may last until 2013: S&P
www.reuters.com...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A day after saying big U.S. banks probably needed to raise only one-fourth the capital demanded by the government, Standard & Poor's said the nation's banking crisis has "merely entered a new phase" and might not end before 2013.

The credit rating agency said the industry is being propped up by hundreds of billions of dollars of government support, especially for lenders considered too important to the financial system to fail.

While efforts to spur lending, take bad assets off banks' balance sheets, and restart the market for packaging and selling securities may help the sector, S&P said banks will have a tough time surviving absent a bigger capital cushion than regulators require.

"There's nothing to say that this banking crisis can't go on for another three or four years," S&P Managing Director Tanya Azarchs said.

S&P did not immediately return a request for comment.
More at Link... :bnghd:

[edit on 5/14/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

EDIT: Im actually a 25 year old kid with a history of substance abuse that turned his life around, that is def NOT smarter than 80% of people that most likely post on this thread, but SMARTER marketwise than 98%

Oh man you remind me of the people who thought they were great marketwise during the dot.com era. They became very wealthy with the splits and then huge run ups and thought they were amazing, until they lost it all. It is good you made money in this rally, but any idiot could have done so if they just bought any piece of junk stock (the junk stocks rallied the most) just like any idiot could have made money in the dot.com era if they bought into any company that said they were tech. base and will be spectacular soon [which were many many companies with nothing to back them up]. I rode up some things but got out way too soon this time around. But that is how I trade. I learned from previous times
Though I think getting long again will be propitious soon enough until Q2 comes around.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

2013???

Whoohoo!!!

We will recover?

Thats actually good news to most people that are terribly slanted on collapse correct?

What do you feel personally though

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Hahaa

If you read one my posts, i explained how I lost it ALL in buyx

I have learned consequences as well, and that why I am always continually updating my theories

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

And you are wrong, I CALLED THIS RALLY, i just didnt blindly buy, get your facts straight my friend

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Whoa dude, watch that edit

Redhatty will rat you out for stating your opinion of where the market is headed

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

And you are wrong, I CALLED THIS RALLY, i just didnt blindly buy, get your facts straight my friend

It wasn't that hard of a thing to call. You aren't amazing. Sorry. If you think you are, you will get your ass handed to you soon enough...once again I guess?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Where's the popcorn, the pigmen are suing each other, what a show, it should be on prime-time

MBIA sues Merrill Lynch so now, 18 financial institutions retaliate by suing MBIA

Oh and, since the Obama Mortgage modification plan has worked so well for so may so far (what like 51 people???)

Obama administration to expand housing plan

The Obama administration is expected to expand its mortgage aid program on Thursday, announcing new measures that would help homeowners avoid a blemished credit record even if they don't qualify for other assistance.

The new initiatives are expected to include ways to allow borrowers to avoid foreclosure by selling their properties or giving them back to lenders, according to people briefed on the plan who declined to be identified because it has yet to be announced.

One way would be to encourage a "short sale," in which the home is sold for less than the amount owed on the mortgage but the lender considers the debt paid off. Another option is a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure -- in which the borrower gives the property to the lender to satisfy a delinquent loan and to avoid foreclosure proceedings.

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan are scheduled to appear Thursday morning with some borrowers who have benefited from the government's housing aid program launched in March. An administration official said more than 55,000 offers have been made to modify borrowers' loans in its first two months.

Short sales are often seen as preferable to foreclosure because they don't harm a borrowers' credit record as much as a foreclosure, but real estate agents have complained that the process can drag out for months.[/url]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

It was when it was at 6800 on the dow

Which i did

I could brag more but I wont, I have made some impressive calls as of late (but i cant talk about them)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Let me get your opinion on this..

This is all a show. All contrived B.S. that we all know wont get anyone in trouble or thrown in jail, people in power never do.

We saw Bernie as the one that took the brunt of all this, not to say he didnt deserve it, but many should follow his fate, but wont

Big money has shorted everyone out of the game, and now they are buying it all back on pennies on the dollar

I think this is the game that is continually being played..

I judge this with the LEVEL II movement I have been seeing lately, and my other theories which I cant talk about

[edit on 14-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Here ya go Standy
Nice huh?

Villaraigosa to declare fiscal emergency?
abclocal.go.com

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa is asking the Los Angeles City Council to declare a fiscal emergency, clearing the way for mandatory furloughs and layoffs of an additional 1,000 city employees.
The layoffs would be in addition to the 1,600 layoffs the council authorized earlier in May.

A declaration of fiscal emergency allows the city to act without the approval of employee unions. The mayor told the city council Tuesday that Los Angeles could run out of money between November and February.

Villaraigosa told the council the city faces a $529 million deficit in the budget year beginning July 1. He added that the budget gap could balloon to $1 billion in the following fiscal year.
More at Link...

~Asti Spumante~

[edit on 5/14/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Do I smell a

"Best of Up To The Date Market Data Thread" Calender spread 2010?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I HIGHLY recommend this as a MUST LISTEN.

A rare interview with Dr. Anna Schwartz, co-author (with Milton Friedman) of A Monetary History of the United States, 1867-1960.

She is 95 years old, half-blind, and almost deaf, and she uses a wheelchair to get around these days, but mentally she is as sharp as a tack, and has one of the very finest minds in MacroEcon today. Sitting members of the Fed Board routinely call her with questions, and ask her opinion on things even to this very day.

She rarely does interviews.

This interview can be heard on 3rd Hour Special Edition with Eric King & Guests

Well worth the listen!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Hmmm...can you say, "Stiff-Armed"?

Documents on Paulson, bankers' meeting released
www.reuters.com...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Documents made public on Wednesday confirm former U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson gave nine major banks no choice but to allow the government to take equity stakes in them as the Bush administration moved to address turmoil in the financial industry.

The documents, obtained by the public interest group Judicial Watch under a Freedom of Information Act request, include "talking points" used by Paulson at the October 13, 2008, meeting with the banks' CEOs in Washington.

The details of the meeting had been widely reported at the time, but the documents offer a first-hand account of what transpired behind closed-doors.

"We don't believe it is tenable to opt out because doing so would leave you vulnerable and exposed. If a capital infusion is not appealing, you should be aware your regulator will require it in any circumstance," the document said, citing Paulson talking points.
More at Link...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
S&P 500 -2.30 883.00 5/14 3:51am
Fair Value 881.73 5/13 10:05pm
Difference* +1.27

NASDAQ -0.75 1343.50 5/14 3:46am
Fair Value 1338.55 5/13 10:05pm
Difference* +4.95

Dow Jones -38.00 8256.00 5/14 3:29am
===
FTSE 100 4,319.52 3:49AM ET Down 11.85 (0.27%)
CAC 40 3,149.31 4:04AM ET Down 3.59 (0.11%)
DAX 4,683.49 3:49AM ET Down 44.12 (0.93%)
ATX 1,917.59 3:49AM ET Down 25.87 (1.33%)
===
All Ordinaries 3,710.80 2:47AM ET Down 131.70 (3.43%)
Hang Seng 16,470.59 3:50AM ET Down 589.03 (3.45%)
Nikkei 225 9,093.73 3:00AM ET Down 246.76 (2.64%)
Straits Times 2,132.21 4:05AM ET Down 53.08 (2.43%)
Taiwan Weighted 6,364.17 1:46AM ET Down 120.97 (1.87%)
===
GCK09.CMX Gold May 09 925.50 2:52am ET

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I am beyond surprised that they even allowed this to come out. The similarities to the 1930's take down are so closely aligned with what they are saying happened here in the article it can not be denied by any of them. They FORCED them to take it one way or another.
It does not however surprise me that Timmy the mouse/rat had his comment's removed by the treasury department at all. That man is a cool headed pathological liar and is one of the best there is! But like with any poker player we all have our tells!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander
Retail Sales, one of the economic indicators that used to control the up and down traffic, is due to be released today. Based on other economic indicators, the figures to be released should continue to be dismal. We were made aware of the Californians losing dramatically their purchasing power, so the number of visits to McDonald's, Kentucky Fried Chicken and Ford dealers should decrease nation-wide.

I wonder what forces will drive today market. Would the Retail Sales indicator play any part?

Well. let's see what happened. After the almost regular morning profit taking, the Dow never recovered.

A negative bias loomed in premarket trading as sellers prepared to continue their efforts amid weakness among major foreign indices. Their cause was strengthened by an unexpected decline in advance retail sales data for April, which was released ahead of the opening bell and supported the notion that consumers aren't completely ready to lead an economic turnaround.

Aha. The Retail Sales indicator still commands respect among traders.

I think it should be worded this way:The consumers are not completely ready to follow the example of Michelle Obama and start buying $540 pair of shoes.

According to the data, April total retail sales decreased 0.4%, and sales less autos decreased 0.5%. The April figures failed to meet the consensus forecast, which called for total sales to be flat and sales excluding autos to increase 0.2%. However, the decline wasn't as sharp as what was seen in March, when total sales slid 1.3%, and sales less autos declined 1.2%.

I have a feeling that the Dow will lose 1.2% today.

Gee, how could I make a mistake like that? I was thinking about the last March sales decline when projeting the Dow close. Someone should watch over me and the kind of complex process that I do to project the Dow figures in order to make a bundle.

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Obama administration is asking Congress to extend its oversight of the financial system to include the shadowy market of derivatives, the kind of complex financial instruments that helped bring down the giant insurer AIG.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Hmmm...this looks interesting...wonder how long before it starts here?

Brazil to Tax Some Savings Accounts to Allow for More Interest-Rate Cuts
www.bloomberg.com...

Brazil plans to begin taxing interest on savings accounts of 50,000 reais ($23,900) or more, and may lower taxes on fixed-income funds, to maintain demand for government bonds as the central bank cuts the benchmark rate.
More at Link...

new topics

top topics

<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join