It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 301
<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Follow up on the story, Hex. Keep us informed on the developing situation. I wonder if the feds agree to help and under which conditions. Is California too big to fail?

I would be more strict with the feds. They failed to keep the bankers on the leash => housing meltdown => economic meltdown => fiscal meltdown. On the other hand, Texas or New York are not drinking from the toilet bowl . . . yet.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
not sure if this was posted earlier or not...
U.S. Lawmakers Launch New Effort Against Currency Manipulation

US lawmakers target China currency policy

Oh the games we play....wonder what Geitner will bring back as a souvenir from his China trip next month?

[edit on 5-13-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by GreenBicMan

I am from an older generation, we do not make decisions ruled my the passions of the moment, that is for the inexperience and wild.

What are you saying, whatareyousayiiiiiiiiiiiiing?

No bikini no mo'?

Put it on, marg. Put it on.

Lemmeseelemmesee . . .

Better than expected.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
S&P 500 -0.90 884.40 5/13 10:56pm
Fair Value 881.73 5/13 10:05pm
Difference* +2.67

NASDAQ +2.25 1346.50 5/13 10:03pm
Fair Value 1338.55 5/13 10:05pm
Difference* +7.95

Dow Jones -6.00 8288.00 5/13 10:50pm
===
All Ordinaries 3,731.40 10:58PM ET Down 111.10 (2.89%)
Shanghai Composite 2,633.37 11:02PM ET Down 30.39 (1.14%)
Hang Seng 16,493.64 11:04PM ET Down 565.98 (3.32%)
Jakarta Composite 1,822.84 11:19PM ET Down 28.49 (1.54%)
Nikkei 225 9,102.59 10:30PM ET Down 237.90 (2.55%)
NZSE 50 2,772.55 10:55PM ET Down 39.01 (1.39%)
Straits Times 2,140.52 11:04PM ET Down 44.77 (2.05%)
Seoul Composite 1,390.58 10:59PM ET Down 23.94 (1.69%)
Taiwan Weighted 6,418.17 10:59PM ET Down 66.97 (1.03%)
===
ZGK09.CBT Gold 100 oz. May 09 924.80 Mar 27

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by worldwatcher

maybe hyperinflation is all hype for the moment

First off, the Central Bank, the number we so often see "14 trillion" or high numbers like that, are often guarantees. For instance, we guarantee 360 billion in a Back Stop Loan to Citi Mortgage. This is money promised, but not created.. it doesn't exist, but if need be, the assurance that it's there is sufficient. Still though the amount pumped into the economy is astonishing.. but it cannot in it's self create hyper inflation. To get to that point, we need the money injected into the economy.. the money for the most part is sitting at the banks. When CDS defaulted, or where paid out the liabilities the CDS covered where exposed.. without a cash base, the bank couldn't lend.. most of the money is sitting and acting like deposits to cover the liabilities or "bad assets" that CDS contracts once voided out.

Bravo

That is an excellent synopsis if you came up with this by yourself and didnt copy and paste this information (which i know you didnt)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
So here is why I think my theory will hold up..

YM0906 Real Time Chart

Hopefully you can see this chart I uploaded, I increased the time span, so hopefully your browser will you allow to expand the image..

As you can see the market has great indecision and is basing at the lows.. if you extend this chart backwards (which I know you cant, so trust me) we have been working to this point for about a week.

Coincidentally (well, not really) the market bottomed out at the 20 DAILY EMA, couldnt break it, and has a good amt. of support there.. this is why in turn IMHO (AND NOT ADVISING
) that I think we will have a good day tomorrow..

BTW this is real time up to 1210am EST

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

No doubt, but you said it not me, for disclosure purposes of course

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
reply to post by GreenBicMan

I don't listen to republican radio ( you want my ears to bleed???) and I'm sitting on my money (literally and figuratively)

and I'll give you your point that you'll make out if you bought your 200k house this year...BUT only if you bought it cash and have no debt or mortgage. However the majority doesn't live like that and cannot afford to buy things and remain debt free

if you have mortgage or debt, i'm sure the interest rates would reflect hyperinflation and you'd still end up paying more than you should.

Sure the collapse could be horrendous and your mortgage company goes up in flames and there is no long any law, etc...then certainly your argument would be right that it would be better to be in debt.

HOWEVER, like I said before, hyperinflation could be temporary, it could just be the trigger to institute the change needed to spark a recovery, and everything doesn't all go hell in the handbasket... and then you're still liable for your 200k house plus your 5mil bicycle..

I dont totally disagree with everything you are saying, but fixed interest rates loan will not be modified with hyperinflation, and it will happen a lot quicker than we can adjust for IMO than would interest rate changes..

But with interest rate changes come a whole slew of economic twists and turns, so i guess in closing, I cant totally say for sure, nor could anyone, well maybe uncle ben..

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
New Trends Research out! Click Me

The bailout bubble. It will burst. The signs are pointing to it happening this year.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Youre totally correct.

I am not right all the time, I can be wrong on an intermediate level, but my statistics dont lie, and im very serious when I can say that I can call short term levels with around a 75% certainty and have been proving it lately with my programming that I have done (my own algorithm) and using 2 ema's, a proprietary oscillator, and a renko chart

Sounds like voodoo perhaps, but 400% in 2 days of testing states otherwise, and I am willing to post the trades if need be, but I seriously wouldn't want to influence anyone's opinion (and i really wouldnt) I am just stating opinions from a different viewpoint than many on this thread/forum , and looking to help people form a correct opinion about a market, instead of a contrived one from someone with something to gainain

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
Youre totally correct.

I am not right all the time, I can be wrong on an intermediate level, but my statistics dont lie, and im very serious when I can say that I can call short term levels with around a 75% certainty and have been proving it lately with my programming that I have done (my own algorithm) and using 2 ema's, a proprietary oscillator, and a renko chart

Sounds like voodoo perhaps, but 400% in 2 days of testing states otherwise, and I am willing to post the trades if need be, but I seriously wouldn't want to influence anyone's opinion (and i really wouldnt) I am just stating opinions from a different viewpoint than many on this thread/forum , and looking to help people form a correct opinion about a market, instead of a contrived one from someone with something to gainain

you are giving TA on this thread too often, which not only puts you in a precarious position legally, but also puts ATS in a precarious legal position.

Maybe you just can't understand that, but if you want to give advise, or discuss actual trading theory, then you need to create your own site to do that, so all the legal ramifications fall on you and you only.

your "disclaimer" in your sig will NOT protect ATS or yourself should someone actually act upon your "opinions" and lose their shorts (so to speak).

Correct opinions about the market can be reflected without bordering on trading advise, you can talk about the fundamentals that you see affecting market movements, you can talk about the news & "green shoots" that will spur a positive (or negative) move on the markets, but what you are consistently doing (even though you edit your posts later) is too close to TA to be proper on someone else's forum.

Even though you edit your posts, they still exist in their original format on the ATS server and I am sure that they will be provided, upon request, to any legal agency.

You have been told this information repeatedly, yet you continue to ignore it. And yet you claim that others on this thread have "contrived" with "something to gain"??

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

LAYOFF DAILY
Wed 5-13-2009

Hydro Aluminum -140
Schaeffler (Germany) -4,400
Potential AK Steel layoffs -750
Dana Holding Corp. -115
Stamford, CT police and fire depts. -20
Anaheim, CA City Schools -120
Knauf Insulation -106
Fennemore Craig Law Firm -10
Hennepin County Medical Center -100
Rhode Island School of Design Museum -20
Georgetown County, SC School District -22
Pelco, Inc. -17
Additional Timken cuts -30
NASFAA -5
Agora Group (Poland) -400
Ohio Fabricators Co -33
MeadWestvaco -105
Continental Airlines -500
DLA Piper (UK) -124
ArcelorMittal Indiana Harbor, IN plant -980
Pro Build East LLC -65
Continental Teves temp layoffs -90
Johnson Controls -200 Sencorp -300
Faurecia Exhaust Systems -168
Shiloh Industries -111
AOL Ad sales executives -17
Additional Jack in The Box Co. logistics layoffs -200
Potential Florida East Coast Railroad layoffs -132
Seagate Technology -1,100
Neurogen Corp. -15
Key Construction -30
Atlantic States Cast Iron Pipe -40
City of Boise, ID -9
Kansas State Historical Society -12
McDonough Holland & Allen Law Firm -17
City of Orlando, FL Police Department -15
Revere, MA Fire Department -7
Potential City of Orlando, FL Fire Department layoffs -45
Day Pitney Law Firm -20
Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy Law Firm -89
Revere, MA Fire Department -7
Detroit Lakes School District additional layoffs -10
Seattle, WA Public Schools -170
Washoe County, NV -92
Parma, OH School Board -50
Additional job cuts proposed for Los Angeles -1,000
Radio & TV Marti -35
San Joaquin County, CA -98
29 Detroit schools to be closed in the fall
Daetwyler Rubber & Plastics -145
Harley Davidson may shutter York, PA plants, 2,650 jobs at risk
Legal & General (UK) -560
Stoughton Trailers -100

TOTAL - 15,950 est

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

As I have stated before..

People posting negative information and telling their opinion is the same exact thing EXCEPT for the fact that mine is contraian (how the hell do you spell that?) to the "NORM" around here...

The more I look at this thread and the comments, the more I think that DISINFO agents are about, and/or hedge funds looking to create panic in the markets, and im totally serious when I say that

Me stating that I can gauge an accuracy in the markets, IS NOT advice, and I dont know how you can even come up with that..

You are quite an intelligent person IMO, but very off in some instances

EDIT: and yes, people are reading information on the internet from websites that have something to gain from telling their opinion.. that is totally correct (in response to your last paragraph)

Its like listening to fast money on CNBC, then coming on here and typing what you heard..

Quit "being like that" hatty, I like you too much

[edit on 13-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

I like that one in the middle

"AOL AD SALES EXECUTIVES"

Jesus, you would have thought that they would have canned about 9 years ago LOL

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
As a result of the obvious need for up-to-the minute market data within the GM forum I wish to start an 'official thread' with this as the sole focus.

Anyone with significant news regarding data from the world's financial markets is encouraged to post here. This will enable all posters to readily access the information that makes for well-informed discussion.

While raw data is always very welcome, graphs and charts would also make great additions.

Hopefully contributors will at least sometimes analyze what they see as notable events, with the result that virtually all threads in the forum will potentially be enhanced, insofar as they can easily keep pace with events.

If enough people agree to commit to posting here regularly, it will be possible for everyone to bounce in and out of this thread without the incessant need to refer to outside sources.

(I suspect the mods would tolerate one-liners for our purposes here.)

Let's make this worthy of ATS...

[edit on 17/10/08 by pause4thought]

Mod edit: removed the word "Official" in the title.

[edit on 26 Apr 09 by Gools]

I also think I am right in line with what this thread was created for

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

That has to be one of yer higher loss posts Spinky...

What's that 22k-23k in the past 2 posts

@ GMB: You really are warped...to just over look that total and see AOL?!?

===
S&P 500 -2.70 882.60 5/14 1:09am
Fair Value 881.73 5/13 10:05pm
Difference* +0.87

NASDAQ -1.50 1342.75 5/14 1:06am
Fair Value 1338.55 5/13 10:05pm
Difference* +4.20

Dow Jones -15.00 8279.00 5/13 11:30pm
===
All Ordinaries 3,728.50 1:02AM ET Down 114.00 (2.97%)
Hang Seng 16,508.08 1:07AM ET Down 551.54 (3.23%)
Nikkei 225 9,081.70 1:02AM ET Down 258.79 (2.77%)
Straits Times 2,131.00 1:22AM ET Down 54.29 (2.48%)

European Factors -- Shares set to fall for fourth session
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Originally posted by pause4thought
As a result of the obvious need for up-to-the minute market data within the GM forum I wish to start an 'official thread' with this as the sole focus.

Anyone with significant news regarding data from the world's financial markets is encouraged to post here. This will enable all posters to readily access the information that makes for well-informed discussion.

While raw data is always very welcome, graphs and charts would also make great additions.

Hopefully contributors will at least sometimes analyze what they see as notable events, with the result that virtually all threads in the forum will potentially be enhanced, insofar as they can easily keep pace with events.

If enough people agree to commit to posting here regularly, it will be possible for everyone to bounce in and out of this thread without the incessant need to refer to outside sources.

(I suspect the mods would tolerate one-liners for our purposes here.)

Let's make this worthy of ATS...

I also think I am right in line with what this thread was created for

News, Raw Data and Chart, and analysis of notable events.

Raw data would be the 50DMA for the S&P would be "###"

Analysis of notable events is discussion about how the closing down shop of Advanta will affect the markets, or how more federal dollars being pumped into the banks will affect things.

Cheerleading FAS or worse, suggesting a time to cash out or buy any specific stock/bond/commodity/ETF is Trading Advise and that requires specific licensing which neither you nor ATS have.

If you enjoy being here, then PLEASE stop posting in a way that can cause serious harm to the site and the owners of the site as a direct result how and what you post.

All of the rest of the posters in this thread understand this one basic rule, DON'T HURT ATS with what you post, if it could *possibly* harm ATS, don't post it, or ask a mod first.

We like our sandbox, but we don't like rogue kitties using it as a litter box, so please keep the sandbox sanitary :-)

Edit to fix tags & to add, GBM, you wouldn't possibly have an ulterior motive for continuing to post TA here now would you? Like FORCING ATS to shut down the thread?

[edit on 5/14/09 by redhatty]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

I have not cheerleaded..

If you cannot have an opinion, what good is this site

People saying that the econ. is going to crash = advice as well

As I have said, its all in how the user "interprets" what they read

So, I guess, everyone that states an OPINION = ADVICE

Not one time and this is the 1000000000000 time I have said it, I would never hope that anyone would act on anything they have read on this website

EDIT: Yes, Redhatty, Im a sinister mo'fo' working with the govt. hoping to shut this ridiculously misinformed thread down because the people posting have gone out and outsmarted the govt. and myself

Bravo, friend

EDIT: Im actually a 25 year old kid with a history of substance abuse that turned his life around, that is def NOT smarter than 80% of people that most likely post on this thread, but SMARTER marketwise than 98%

[edit on 14-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

So this would be advice?

EDIT: I could take an average of 5 posts from every page and keep making examples, these are the OPPOSITE of what I have been saying, and are getting stars just b/c it is a negative outlook

Hopefully people will see through this

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

hahaa..

I guess I am warped somewhat then..

I dont really care about job losses to tell you the honest truth, they are going to happen, and will continue prob until late next year

new topics

top topics

<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join