It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 299
<< 296  297  298    300  301  302 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Is not "outlandish" is plain realistic, the way our nation is working right now and the way the government is dealing with the economic crisis is not working.

Actually our nations is sinking more and more and is to the point that no even the morons ( I mean geniuses) in Washington knows what they are doing.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

And why will I want to do something like that? you know GreenBicMan, I am from an older generation, we do not make decisions ruled my the passions of the moment, that is for the inexperience and wild.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Cash and Credit are fungible. What difference would it make to use credit to buy things as opposed to using cash to buy things NOW if you fear hyperinflation? (Answer: none)

The drop in the value of the /DX (dollar index) is a PLANNED part of quantitative easing that Bernanke has put into action.

Our Fed interest rates are already basically at zero, the only way left to stimulate the economy is to inject new money and devalue the dollar.

This is all part of the "plan" behind the Treasury Buyback program, buy the T's to allow for new money to go into the system.

Of course, it still isn't going to work, and when it all blows up it is the average person, who doesn't play the market or make over $100K a year that will be the ones hardest hit.

I am pretty confident that there will be a bond market dislocation long before hyperinflation can become a reality. Unlike Zimbabwe, we will implode before we have to use wheelbarrows to carry the cash necessary to buy a loaf of bread.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I wouldnt call uncle ben a moron.

He doesnt like negative criticism.

But, its not realistic because there are fundamental and economic restraints that will be put into place long before this happens, I am totally serious when I say, trust in Ben.

Give him some time to turn the ship around. I guess I cant reiterate this enough, but it is turning around, and our LEADING indicator is the MARKET.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

haha..

hyperinflation would mean that your credit card debt is virtually nill and if you really believe in your "Theory" I would accumulate all the debt you can.

as i said, you wont of course, because its not going to happen, so there really is no reason to talk like it is.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

umm what?

hyperinflation would cause your debt of 5000 dollars (lets say) right now to be worthless when it takes 5 million dollars to buy a loaf of bread

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I agree with your last paragraph though, it wont happen and most likely for the reasons you stated

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

oh but with the magic of compounding interest the CC companies can easily turn that $5K into $500K if a hyperinflationary effect took place. CC interest of 100% compounded daily would do it quickly.

And I am sure that *IF* such a situation (hyperinflation) would take place, that any rules limiting interest on CCs would be repealed, simply due to the fact that the cost of things would change too rapidly, as would the value of the currency.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

thats a tough call..

there are a lot of "imaginary numbers" in all of those equations

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

Should also add in, that if it indeed does break beneath, I would look to buy off a BIG bounce around the 50 EMA (which is 7800 on the dow, 7xx on the S&P)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

If we closed today under my target that I listed above I would move into cash.

Tomorrow regardless if we are sitting negative in the futures going into the open (which i really doubt) IMHO I think we are going to test the levels I have listed above, perhaps drop below and then go up, how much? I cant say, but todays close was VERY BULLISH IMO***

Stop giving economic advise. I don't know how many times this has to be said to you. ATS is not a place to ask or answer questions like "when should I sell, when is the best time to get in the market" etc.

Just think before you post.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

No, he is a fat rat, he will do so much until even he will fall on its own butt after doing everything he can to save his masters, but he will be the one that the angry masses will be after.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I advised no one.

IMHO = opinion

In no one post have I ever said "I advise you.."

EDIT: after almost being right 100% of the time not only with my market statistics but intervening with a lot of dumb comments on this thread, you should be praising me rather than the former

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Its time to realize that just because someone is infinitely smarter than yourself, does not make that person a "fat rat"/evil/nefarious etc...

You sound like Cathy Bates in "Misery"

So.. are you going to max out those cards? Or will you defer from your previous statements?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
maybe hyperinflation is all hype for the moment, but the signs are all there, if we do not curb or should I say re-purpose our spending and stop printing so much paper, it will only be a matter of time before it becomes a reality. Go to google news and type in hyperinflation, read the articles that come up...they have very valid points.

Now whether of not it happens IMO will be at the control of the government.. they will either "allow" it to happen or will "intervene" to prevent it from happening... so far though "intervention" is only working on the surface and not solving any real issues.

and no one should be maxing out their credit cards due to the possibility of inflation or hyperinflation, because no matter what, you're still going to be on the line for the money... whether it's worth anything or not, someone is still going to want to collect.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

There will be no more govt. with hyperinflation

Hyperinflation = collapse

If we collapse, so does the whole world = welcome to the NWO (most likely)

BTW, your logic is flawed

You want debt with hyperinflation, I would read up on the subject

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

I advised no one.

IMHO = opinion

In no one post have I ever said "I advise you.."

look, I know your ego is overlarge and all.. but I wouldn't think it would make you blind? Re-read what I quoted, you can put "IMHO" all you want, you're giving financial advice.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

There is about 1 opinion per post in this thread which equals about 5000 opinions or however many posts there are in this thread.. most of them are ridiculous or full of misinformation to boot, not that it matters.

Anyone could read 1 post on this thread and form an opinion (because all opinions can be construed in any form the reader postulates), not only that, but I have a clearly listed disclaimer stating that I am a moron, which is pretty obvious b/c I have no idea what is going on

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
you do realize that hyperinflation does not have to be permanent and may not necessarily mean a total collapse of everything and the end of the world. Germany and Yugoslavia both faced hyperinflation and they're still around. People will always find ways to make money in the face of adversity, I'm certain, there will be even more debt collectors trying to collect pennies on the tens/hundreds/thousands of dollars..profitable business when you can harass someone enough to make them pay you.

We can all see signs and make our own financial mistakes, I think your logic is flawed in challenging others to ruin their credit based on possibilities and for making assumptions about the intelligence of those participating in this thread.

And while I do not moderate threads I participate in, I urge you to reflect on your posting style and be more civil and courteous to other. Having a disclaimer that you are a moron does not excuse you from the Terms and Conditions of ATS nor from our etiquette and standard of discussions.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Ok.. lets say this..

I buy a 200,000 house this year

In 5 years a schwinn bicycle costs 10,000,000 dollars

I say I'd make out quite well

And at anytime there is hyperinflation (that people are stating in this manner) there is regime change/collapse of that economic entity.

Facts are facts, and all I was saying is, put your money where your mouth is before spreading more misinformation/bull**** you heard on the local republican radio station

new topics

top topics

<< 296  297  298    300  301  302 >>

join