It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 293
<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Well I feel much better now!!!

At least I'll know you and "The Traders" will have plenty of "Paper" to keep warm with this Winter!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I changed my post a bit to make it more clear. I'm basically taking the past few decades of research into the psychology of learning, and applying it to math (algebra through differential equations, including statistics). It's a pain in the arse; and once I finish it, I won't be able to get it into any schools anyway because the teacher's unions would throw a fit.

If either one of us is going to retire off of these projects, my money is on you. I'm doing this because I'm a glutton for self-torture.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Ill be sleeping in a bed of paper lol

Dont worry, when its all fixed - (meaning I can program a simple sell/buy stops and a trailing stop) we are in BUSINESS - and Im not even joking, I have about 65,000 Lines of Excel information backing me up

*EDIT* 165,000 Lines (Intraday 1 minute)

[edit on 11-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

hahaha.. anything that is above algerbraII/Statistics blows me away.

I had a ti-89 in high school to do most of my "dirty" work, and combine that with no ADD pills for me back in those days = RETARD

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

By the way, it seems anything that is worth a damn, is a pain in the ass.

The results of hard work usually are not without payoff.

EDIT :

If you are that good with math, you should apply it to something else as well, this of course while you are working on your "main project"

If I was YOU, and I was REALLY GOOD AT MATH i would be doing the SAME EXACT THING I AM DOING.

I can point you in the right direction, and once you get "started" you will understand the "proficiency" of the market and why there are people that make $$ and people that DONT

Now take in mind, I study the markets for 15-20 hours a day literally, so I really have no life right now, just as you prob enjoy math on some level, you should apply your skill in this manner IMO once you find some time to branch off what you are mainly doing..

Do you have a job? Living with parents? I assume you are around my age (25?)

[edit on 11-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
well...I'll give Y'all this...

Yer BOTH gluttons fer punishment
fer even wasting time TRYING to figure out this Golden Slacks inside trading market...

There are hardly enough "Day Traders" to to move this thing 1% either way

The Banks are Hoarding money and when ANY improvement actually shows...*BLAM* inflation trade is way-up at the top...

Remember "The Market is not the Economy" ::bnghd:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I will do my best to politely prove you wrong very soon, I already have the data, I just need to implement it so.

You of course, will be the first to know

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I can't wait!!! Really!!!

Now...how will I get the Intel from behind my Gas-Mask out in the wilds of Michigan???
www.cheaperthandirt.com...
www.cheaperthandirt.com...

Pony Express??? I saw "The Postman" with Kevin Costner, sooo

S&P 500 -5.00 919.70 5/11 2:04am
Fair Value 926.66 5/8 8:58pm
Difference* -6.96

NASDAQ -9.50 1380.00 5/11 0:41am
Fair Value 1392.81 5/8 8:58pm
Difference* -12.81

Dow Jones -46.00 8470.00 5/11 0:46am

[edit on 5/11/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Ill send my love by wire...

"Baby my hearts on fire"..

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Did you even LOOK at that article/publication WCH posted?

Pretty ugly stat's...

I wouldn't want to be holding EITHER side of that trade...oh well...Uncle Ben's going to "Pump" another $1.5T into Commercial next eh?

There goes the Great-Grand Kids...
...and we never even got out of our LAST "Bankruptcy"...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

OY...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

The bigger volatility UP or DOWN suits me the best, I make money both ways - I hope it goes down violently (well rather have it go up) you can make a lot more shorting on the way down (according to what I am seeing so far based on futures contracts, and the formulas I would use that are practical to my method)

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I shot you a u2u, GBM. I'm always on the lookout for more information, so share whatever you feel comfortable with.

Hx, I think that GBM would see things differently if he were in Michigan. I was in Detroit the other day, and I was shocked by how much it did not look worse than most of the rest of the state (the parts of the state I see, anyway). Houses falling apart and vacant retail lots everywhere you look, but liquor stores are staying afloat!

Are we being too bearish because we live in Michigan, which has (already) totally collapsed, or is Michigan a sign of things to come for the rest of the country?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

I used to live in Michigan too, but that was a while back..

And yes, you guys have gotten the short end of the stick I guess.. and I keep seeing that guy from dumb and dumber pumping michigans econ. on commercials too lol

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

There ya go...find a BIG liquor company to invest in...It's what I'm investing in...40 by 40

Yeah our "Home-Land" really stinks, so maybe I'm a Disgruntled citizen

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Yeah, its really no secret is it?

Drugs will always do well with humans, if there is profit to be made off it.

I guess I cant go into that any further though

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

OK...the World is as it should be...Hmmm...

I'm off to watch the "New" Star Trek film...
===
S&P 500 -8.50 915.60 5/11 3:16am
Fair Value 926.66 5/8 8:58pm
Difference* -11.06

NASDAQ -13.75 1376.00 5/11 3:16am
Fair Value 1392.81 5/8 8:58pm
Difference* -16.81

Dow Jones -66.00 8470.00 5/11 3:11am

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Betting on future tax revenues while the nation falls more and more into unemployment and desperation is not a good way to predict the this government unsustainable deficit budgets.

Right now all we got is promises and hopes, well as more and more Americans keep losing their jobs, while the ones with jobs been forced to take cuts is not the factors that the government is taking into consideration to predict figures.

Actually we are in deep ca ca and no even this government have a clue how to get us out of it.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
When are the april numbers for tax receipts will be out?

Also Bilderberg is starting this week on thursday and their plan is to either crash us very deep for about a year then come back up with a world government with the economy controlled by the world government or a decades-long depression so big corporations can buy everything cheap.

So either way, this is not over by a long shot.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The government seems to be stepping aside now that banks have raised their capital, so the markets will be left without it. It takes a while for markets to form tops. I am basically buying up some yen right now (which I can exchange for euros when that goes down vs. yen and hold that until the euro goes up again), and then will begin to short/buy puts if there is a reason to do so. I am not going to just put all my money on black (short) because I think the markets have gone up a lot. Hell I thought it was up a lot at 8000

[edit on 11-5-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Hey I heard " banks stocks are been up for selling hot like pancakes " to raise the capital they need.

Still another bankruptcy in the big three looming GM will fall for bankruptcy after all.

GM CEO: Bankruptcy Likely, Firm May Leave Detroit

General Motors is open to considering moving its headquarters from Detroit, selling off U.S. plants and even renegotiating parts of its restructuring plan with its major union, the new chief executive said Monday.

CEO Fritz Henderson, on a conference call with reporters, said it was more probable that GM [GM 1.48 -0.13 (-8.07%) ] was headed for bankruptcy by June 1—the U.S. government-imposed deadline for the automaker to restructure or face bankruptcy

www.cnbc.com...

Banks Brace for Credit Card Write-Offs

So the banks better hurry up and sell those stocks before the credit card woes starts to show its ugly head.

Experts predict that millions of Americans will not be able to pay off their debts, leaving a gaping hole at ailing banks still trying to recover from the housing bust.

The bank stress test results, released Thursday, suggested that the nation’s 19 biggest banks could expect nearly $82.4 billion in credit card losses by the end of 2010 under what federal regulators called a “worst case” economic situation.

So much for the good fortune.

www.cnbc.com...

But hey is all "better than expected" right?

[edit on 11-5-2009 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join