It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 291
<< 288  289  290    292  293  294 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

I dont believe Uncle Ben has hinted at that time period at all, for what are you talking exactly?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Hope you like yer "Little Game"...

'Cause that's all it's going to be in a few months...

DXY is JUST off it's lows at 82.44...lows were 82.39...Hmmm...

Dollar Value that...

TNX...my gosh...before Auction... 33.87 ...Hmmm... :bnghd:

*I say* 6 Mths...no buyers...ALL .Gov...

Oil is already "looking"...but ...THE MARKET IS NOT THE ECONOMY!!!

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

[edit on 5/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Not sure if this is completely relevant...
I've started reading "Web of Debt", by Ellen Hodgson Brown, J.D.

Figures from 2008 and Dec. 2006... Total personal, corporate and federal debt of US at 44 trillion. American banking institutions have leveraged debt (I suppose that is what you would call it) of 681 trillion.

Well, first blush is that there's no way, even when pigs fly, that the taxpayers can bailout 681 trillion of bad debt (if it were all bad).

But I'm curious about 681-44: 637 trillion. Who's debt is that? Isn't that debt simply of the banking institutions. If so, wouldn't it make more sense to let them all fail and "simply" re-work our 44 trillion of "real" debt?

The more I read, the less I understand. Bht this book is VERY interesting so far.

Web of Debt

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
reply to post by audas

I love the part of the interview where he says that Obama has three or four months before he is - just like Bush - the most hated man in the US. I don't buy it unless all the Obamaphiles suddenly wake up to the fact that the new boss is the same as the ol' boss.

It really is an eye opener.
The Obama reference is just quality.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

I dont believe Uncle Ben has hinted at that time period at all, for what are you talking exactly?

I want there to be true economic growth. Not speculation booms and busts. I also don't want people who are already hurting to have to pay more money for food and energy and utility bills because the government wants to deceive traders into funding banks.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by joel1900

Very Good "Weed/Stock Hopper"

The "Banksters" WILL be the fall of us all...with their "Wall St/MIT math "Dudes"

How can you leverage 30-40 to one...and get a "Call"

$75B not...think $2.625T at 35 leverage

It's all good...

Better Than Expected!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by joel1900
American banking institutions have leveraged debt (I suppose that is what you would call it) of 681 trillion.

Well, first blush is that there's no way, even when pigs fly, that the taxpayers can bailout 681 trillion of bad debt (if it were all bad).

That's true, coz the 681 trillion figure is eleven times more money than the Gross Domestic Product of the whole world. This fact makes the figure completely unrealistic -- its a false info and nothing to worry about.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Ok kids, been out for a while. Doubt you missed me...Lets see what's in the "News" Today:

Obama wants Fed to be finance supercop

news.yahoo.com...
WASHINGTON – The White House told industry officials on Friday that it is leaning toward recommending that the Federal Reserve become the supercop for "too big to fail" companies capable of causing another financial meltdown.

I guess this means they bought their "good news", thus buying more time for the insiders to make their money, and while the day traders still think the economy is "recovering". -Wall Street Journal

China to issue 15 bln yuan T-bonds, 15.4 bln yuan local bonds next week

Guess whose starting to take the reigns for themselves?!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Wall Street is rejoicing because more layoffs in America means they've found cheaper labor elsewhere ("elsewhere" also means America, only with aliens as workers). It also means that there are better consumers elsewhere. Money is also being outsourced successfully to the IMF. Market has all the reasons to rally.

The Rat has left the town.
(Deep Purple in the Rock)

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Bank of England braced for third wave of financial crisis

The extent of the rise in bad debts has surprised some commentators who now believe the taxpayer could be on the hook for losses under the asset protection scheme faster than first expected. (DUUUUUUUUUH!)

There has been some evidence of a small increase in mortgage lending in Britain, but it is not nearly strong enough to prevent house prices, which are down nearly a quarter from their 2007 peak, falling further. And unemployment is expected to continue rising well into next year, something that is likely to restrain consumer spending.

Give us more money OR WE WILL CRUSH THE ECONOMY ONCE AGAIN!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Although the Fed has put the best spin possible on the current data they have been qualifying their optimistic outlook. Better third and fourth quarter numbers IF there is not another wave of defaults.

Unemployment is still rising and once people become unemployed they often struggle to make their payments and run up their credit cards to pay their bills.

Even if they are able to find new employment they often are saddled with high debt at that point, and their new jobs pay less and or they are working fewer hours.

People being laid off now and in recent months may end up defaulting on their credit cards and mortgages for quite some time into the future causing a real delay in recovery.

Bernanke is an expert on the 1929 Depression cause and effects.

As theWCH said

We really don't know how a credit-dependent post-industrial society, with a high degree of economic inequality, will respond to having 25% of it's workers sitting at home.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
America soon to be a third world nation?

3.5m US children face the risk of hunger

More than 3.5 million American children under the age of five are facing the risk of hunger, an anti-hunger NGO suggests in a study.

According to a report by 'Feeding America', this accounts for about 17 percent of American kids under the age of five.

In 11 states, more than 20 percent of children under the age of five are in danger of hunger, the report revealed.

Sad sad sad. Last year, I told my mother who wants to go to help third world nations in Africa that in a few years, she'll just have to go to south of the border to help a third world country... unless there's a real revolution to restore the constitution.

EDIT: A interesting report...
Big US Banks May Be Headed For Extinction—And Soon
Somehow I don't believe that.
Unless they break up Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, BoA, Citigroup and abolish the FED... the goal of ending big banks will not have been atteined.

And IMO if Obama really goes with that plan he's gonna have a bullet throught his brain by the bankers.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Well after reading the last few post after my last one, I have to say, is really bad but not as bad as expected.

I agree with the comment that is going to be to the point that US government will be buying out the debt as our foreign investors like China is starting to do their own thing, why? because they know that the US days of economic supremacy are long gone, they have the capital, the liquidity thanks to the American greed and addiction to consumerism and they are ready to take over.

Sad, indeed our great nation reversing to pre industrial status, but hey don't we still have technology to rely on? Oops we already outsourced that oversea also.

But is all Better than expected, right?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This is a commenter on Marketwatch.com that I read. He/she sums everything up perfectly:

The banks need $75 Billion in new capital with a possibility of $600 Billion in losses through 2010. It seems like the Fed actually believes that this is not a possibility but likelyhood. It would seem though that more capital will be needed as Alt-A and Prime resets continue in 2011 and 2012. So while the the biggest transfer of present and future wealth continues the big banks will be capitalized very well. It starts to explain why dopes like Bill Miller of Legg Mason and Abby Blabby Cohen say the rally will continue and that financial stocks are "on sale." They appear to Be cheap actually - with literally unlimited amounts of funds from taxpayers (for years) and the Chinese and Japanese. While banks are supposedly backstopped at all costs the US consumer can look forward to inflation, higher taxes to pay for banker greed, continued falling wages, above average unemployment, and stagnant house prices in the future. It's incredible that we have been forced to support 19 banks that are mostly responsible (out of 8500) for the downfall of the economy. This appears to have been mostly for selfish gain, elimination of competition, and consolidation of wealth at the bank level. The future looks bleak for Americans. Some iddiot analyst that said the "bull can run for years." At some point in time the bear rally will end. There are far fewer big consumers than before. The consumer accounts for 71% of the economy. 5.7 million jobs are gone, the social mood has changed. In fact even if we lose an average of 200,000 jobs a month through 2009, we will have lost 7 million in this recesssion. Getting all of those back still wouldn't bring back the excessive consuming that has gone on. Consumers along with businesses have started a long break. With revenue down, earnings way down, stocks up 30-45% - P/Es are flying higher (20s now for the S/P500). This isn't a cheap time to buy like the early 80s when P/Es were in the 8-10 range. Earnings better start growing by 20 or 30%+ fast to justify stock prices. It seems like a lot of work to get GDP from -6% to 1.0% as some are forecasting for 2010. Seems like weak growth for $12.1 Trillion in pledged funds. The only thing that will get us back is employment and excessive fraud - that's what got us there before. It's the greatest transfer of money in history. It's to those who defrauded us. They're even richer and better protected than before while Americans are once again worse off. I've made money in the past two months but I'm not buying that this is a new bull. It makes no sense. The future looks like a time to invest in gold, shorting the dollar, and saving what money can be saved.

www.marketwatch.com...[5DB693D4-3033-4D00-B8F1-346AC7212630]#comments

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I believe you are making a mistake.

These things are all accounted for. We know employment is going to drop to around 11%. Markets go down when these things are anyones guess. The point is to within a certain % deviation we know (the people that make these statistics) almost exactly what will happen % wise as well as the possible causes etc..

This has already been priced into the market. I keep saying it like a broken record, but I am going to keep saying it. The economy is turning around end of this year or all the way to 2011 (and im not hearing many people saying this, and I feel that is far pessimistic) and we now know the "nationalization" pseudo bull**** fear mongorors (sp?) and people that want to sell a story in the media have been portraying.

The market has realized this about 30% ago, and IMHO will continue to be forward loooking

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

I think we can all agree on that.

I also feel that the FED is actually being pessimistic about their outlook (rather UNDERSTATE than OVERSTATE)

I was at a seminar earlier this year, there was a speaker (hedge fund manager/lobbyist), this guy had a lot of info.

His info was that Q1 2010 we will see economic growth (EDIT: It was Positive GNP or GDP - I cant remember, but it would be positive), and with a 97% degree of guarantee historically using these numbers to get this answer. So there are MANY views of how this is going to turn out, and I would have to say the media is about the most pessimistic at this point.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Dude, you need to look up

DOLLAR COST AVERAGING

And what this really is. I dont know why you would be mocking that, when that would be the recommendation by CFP's CRPC's

EDIT: DXY is the dollar index my bad dude, I read ur post wrong - although the chart is mighty interesting on that?.. If it breaks a little lower it should go to 2008 lows -
But you "could" have been DCA this thing the whole way and played a nice hedge at this position - on the chart

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I know this is crazy but I have been talking to more and more people and barely anybody is buying into stocks at this time yet they still go up 10%...15%. Same with in March when the markets were going down and NOBODY was selling...

I am starting to think that sometimes these movements (downward and upward) aren't real. Maybe the volumes and movements are faked with computers? Perhaps when it suits governments politically and socially, markets go up and down?

Anyone else get this eery feeling sometime

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I sit at a L2 Screener, these are real, its not the boys down the street on ameritrade playing right now, because we all know they buy at the top, its smart money moving this market now, and when mutual funds catch up.. well I have stated my views previously.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

I sit at a L2 Screener, these are real, its not the boys down the street on ameritrade playing right now, because we all know they buy at the top, its smart money moving this market now, and when mutual funds catch up.. well I have stated my views previously.

Do you really think mutual funds aren't in here already? I particpated in the earlier part of the rally, but had no idea things would go this far. I stayed on the sidelines rather than got back in long or short. I am still pretty much on the sidelines day trading here and there when I have time. I am looking to buy some puts on Ford if there is anything that comes out to drone out the rally for a time being and then will switch and get long again until Q2.

top topics

<< 288  289  290    292  293  294 >>

join