It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 283
<< 280  281  282    284  285  286 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

You have oficially been added to my "YOU ROCK!" list,LOLROF!

I love your rather warped sense of humor.

I just don't "get it" and I can't even isolate what that "it" is supposed to BE today.

In my gut,I do believe that some of this is allllllll intended to crash and burn THEN step in and rescue many of the problems that will simply no go away unless something "catastrophic" happens.Maybe they just couldn't coordinate enough of a terriorist-blamed act (that stupid photo op and the fact that DHS were the first "appointed" to handle the flu-mess...family member works for them and he's confounded as well)and when they "saw" how people and the markets started to react...well...that then became good enough?

Words like "recovering" and "positive outlook" are totally confounding me as well as the Big O repeatedly saying "wash your hands"...

Sorry,it's simply not hanging any way I re-color it all.Told my Mom in NY I "Might not be coming next week" and she told me of foure others she knew who are traveling and said "YOU seem to be the only one having a problem???" Yep...that's me,the black-sheep,LOL!

We've got the Kentucky Derby and Cinco (aka Sicko)de Mayo coming up...mmmkkkayyy.

Back to the good news:

www.sfgate.com.../n/a/2009/04/30/financial/f045338D53.DTL&tsp=1

2 min. ago.

"Two Obama administration officials say Chrysler will file for bankruptcy protection after talks broke down with a small group of the company's creditors.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the filing plan has not been formally announced."

All's great,what's the problem??? LOL!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Alright, I'm going to bed. You have to be retarded to believe half the crap they post on the news anymore.

That's an insult to retarded people.

Remember, folks: the stock market is not the economy!

Dow 8,287.04 +101.31 (1.24%)
S&P 500 885.93 +12.29 (1.41%)
Nasdaq 1,748.07 +36.13 (2.11%)
10y bond 3.11% -0.01 (-0.32%)

As we can see, the stock market says:

While the economy is dead. Yes, it's dead. Countries don't return from financial collapse in a few short months, and they certainly don't do it with our deficit, and when the rest of the global economy is also in a state of ruin.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

FASB is now changing rules for off balance sheet accounting so banks can add billions of dollars to their assets.

Why not just change the accounting rule that you have to post liabilities? Why not just make assets=equity. Liabilities are a bore!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Almost every entity on earth is posting a loss - and yet the industrial average is superman ....up, up and away!

I cant take my eyes off it. Its FREAKING ME OUT!!

The markets appear to reacting to anything which is not as bad as it was last week - meaning it is a green shoot......

[edit on 30-4-2009 by audas]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The markets are booming, while unemployment is still high on the people receiving benefits but the filing slow "slightly" after people stop looking for jobs.

Chrysler is filing for bankruptcy and now we got a "pandemic" darn where is the money to be make, because obviously somebody in the Markets think that bad news are money making.

Let no forget that Biden wants us to barricade and stop people from going out in the street, this seems not to have any impact in the retail sector.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Unemployment soaring (oh wait obama is going to create 150,000 jobs to replace the millions gone), debt at who knows, GM is on its knees - no way it is going to live, Chrysler on its knees and bleeding. Repercussions for supply chain and business infrastructure losses are massive - can't simply be broken up, the flow on into the economy is going to be dark.

DOW is up.....???

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted - visual guide to the bailout

www.mint.com...

Also note the start of the collapse oil....in this funky video

bulve.wordpress.com...

[edit on 30-4-2009 by audas]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
When I see the dow go up these days, It is worse for us. Gas goes up, etc.
When the dow is going up, it is the banks that seem to be doing better, not us.
It no longer seems to represent the truth as related to our every day reality.

Is it just me? lol

[edit on 30-4-2009 by amatrine]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
When I see the dow go up these days, It is worse for us. Gas goes up, etc.
When the dow is going up, it is the banks that seem to be doing better, not us.
It no longer seems to represent the truth as related to our every day reality.

Is it just me? lol

[edit on 30-4-2009 by amatrine]

Exactly that is the funny thing. The stock market going up or down really has no positive correlation to most people only that when it goes UP they have to pay more for things.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Here's a quote that I snagged from an alternative-alternative energy forum (not market-related, per se, but I think ATSers might appreciate it):

The goons are yanking his chain about releasing his technology. He shouldn't believe a word they say.
The goons are not only liars, but are also traitors to the constitution. They willingly participate in illegal search and seizure, intimidation and in some circumstances assault and battery (or worse). These people are not only the bane of perfectly legal inventors, but the enemies of all freedom loving people.
The goons are nothing more than the physical extension of the people who have usurped our government. These people are the true domestic terrorists, and the cancer that is killing this country.
They need to be seen and regarded as the traitorous scum they really are.

Emphasis mine. The point is, while we worry about taxes, bailouts, and bankruptcy; the real problem with our economy is the fact that the military-industrial complex (didn't Ike warn us about those guys?) have the legal power to suppress technology, and they screen patent applications before they even make it to the patent office. This has been going on since shortly after WWII, when we discovered Hitler's black-budget network and decided that we should follow that lead.

The futility of this exercise is summed up in my signature: technological advancement drives economic growth.

Dow 8,201.10 +15.37 (0.19%)
S&P 500 875.26 +1.62 (0.19%)
Nasdaq 1,719.78 +7.84 (0.46%)
10y bond 3.13% +0.01 (0.32%)

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
www.calculatedriskblog.com...

If you want to rest what is left of your mind (mine's about shot!) and just gaze at some little pictures for a while.

LOTS of good graphs and charts here,too many to post but not a pig in the poke!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic

I just don't "get it" and I can't even isolate what that "it" is supposed to BE today.

Let me briefly explain . . .

WHO to stop using term 'swine flu' to protect pigs

news.yahoo.com...

WHO spokesman Dick Thompson said the agriculture industry and the U.N. food agency had expressed concerns that the term "swine flu" was misleading consumers and needlessly causing countries to ban pork products and order the slaughter of pigs.

"Rather than calling this swine flu ... we're going to stick with the technical scientific name H1N1 influenza A," Thompson said.

H and N stands for "Horrible Name" in case you decide to go ahead and chip in to protect the pork industry, but have a hard time to recall the scientific acronym.

Planes are the most potent ground for bug transmission, coz people sit close together. Also, there is no fresh air; AC just circulates the air internally through filters -- no wind to blow the bugs away.

In the last Kentucky Derby, filly Eight Belles broke down and had to be euthanized on the track -- bad omen, that kicked in later on.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

The so call "protection of the pigs" was a complain filed by the Israeli government claiming that the name "swine flu" was offensive to them and the Islamic nations.

Got to give it to them, they got away with it.

Israeli official: Swine flu name offensive

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ok...I have figured it out. It's the old "Comet on collision course with Earth" scenario in the markets.

Look, I believe they all know the end is nigh. But what else can they do but make the best of this terrible situation. I mean, if we can drag it out for as long as possible, that is the best outcome for everyone involved.

So, although it seems insane to keep looking down when the comet is about to strike, it is nothing more than a coping mechanism and a survival instinct taking over.

I get it, now, and I understand...Do everything as if nothing is wrong, and put off the inevitable outcome as long as possible.

Now excuse me while I go spend my mortgage payment on a Lafite Rothschild and lobster dinner. L'Chaim!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Fed postpones release of big banks' stress tests

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Regulators and bank executives are concerned about how the disclosure is handled because weaker institutions could suffer a collapse in their stock prices.

Yeah like all banks.

US collapse postponed to end of next week.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
Ok...I have figured it out. It's the old "Comet on collision course with Earth" scenario in the markets.

Look, I believe they all know the end is nigh. But what else can they do but make the best of this terrible situation. I mean, if we can drag it out for as long as possible, that is the best outcome for everyone involved.

So, although it seems insane to keep looking down when the comet is about to strike, it is nothing more than a coping mechanism and a survival instinct taking over.

I get it, now, and I understand...Do everything as if nothing is wrong, and put off the inevitable outcome as long as possible.

Now excuse me while I go spend my mortgage payment on a Lafite Rothschild and lobster dinner. L'Chaim!

I actually think it is a position of last resort - there is literally no where else to go - and since everyone else is there - seems like the place to be.

This kind of mentality could literally cause a recovery.....naaaaaah!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Fed postpones release of big banks' stress tests

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Regulators and bank executives are concerned about how the disclosure is handled because weaker institutions could suffer a collapse in their stock prices.

Yeah like all banks.

US collapse postponed to end of next week.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

Wow what a curve ball - didnt see that one coming , really shocked they have decided not tl release......

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

This tells you something . . .

As the swine flu outbreak continues spreading, an Israeli health official is making waves by saying the name should be changed to "Mexican" flu, because the reference to pigs is offensive to Jews and Muslims, who consider pigs unclean and forbid the eating of pork products.

content.usatoday.com...

Wouldn't that recommended change be offensive to the Mexican population? Why is it so that the Israeli health official simply doesn't suggest to use the neutral scientific term H1N1?

I tell you why, but you must promise that you won't tell anyone. Promise?

Alright. The Israeli health official is a Jew by ethnicity and Jews don't like letters H and N.

Why is it so?

That's because the letters H and N make acronym HNH that stands for "Holocaust Never Happened."

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

I never saw it that way before, I think it was ridiculous that they can come out on such a crisis as the one in Mexico and dare to wine about the name "swine flu" but every more the arrogance of naming the flu, Mexican, how dumb can this people of power can be, when "Mexicans" have nothing to do with the "swain flu", no wonder we have so many morons around including our own government.

But hey they may get away with it.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
In other related news,

MasterCard Profit Falls, Tops Forecasts

But,

beat analysts’ expectations

MasterCard posted a sharp decline in first-quarter profit Friday, compared to the same quarter last year

www.cnbc.com...

I love the way that the so call "analyst expectations works" see is "bad" but they had make their assumptions worst so the "bad" doesn't seem that "bad".

new topics

top topics

<< 280  281  282    284  285  286 >>

join