It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 281
<< 278  279  280    282  283  284 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
It's official...

The world has lost it's collective mind...

A pandemic is sweeping across the globe...

Volcano's firing up worldwide...

Yellowstone is rumbling again...

Antarctic ice shelf is breaking up...

2 wars going on with possibility's for a few more...

Asian markets are all up...US futures all all up...

Scotty...beam me...up...now damn you...and don't give me any malfunction carp either!

There will always be something wrong in the world. Actually many things. With that attitude markets should perpetually going down. Though I agree markets should NOT be going up now, all those problems are just some of many problems that occur throughout our life.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

LAYOFF DAILY
Tue 4-28-2009

Smurfit Stone Extends temporary layoffs - 280
Carter's Inc. (NYSE:CSI) -267
Grosse Point, MI Public Schools -74
Behr America -40
Sigma Industries (Canada) -40
Kilpatrick Stockton Law Firm -24
Indianapolis, IN Public School Board -300
University of Toledo -100
Plum Creek Timber -287
Hutchinson Technology -300
Atmel Corp. -266
Virginia Department of Transportation -230
Formet temporary furloughs -725
Nyssa, OR School District -20
Shelby County, OH Sherriff's Department -16
US Steel Minnetac Plant -250
Rumors of additional layoffs at Deutsche Bank and Citibank
Downey Savings Bank -561
Indymac Resources, Inc. -277
American Axle, Inc. outsources production to Mexico -734
Clear Channel Communications (NYSE:CCO) -590
Eastmont, WA School Board -78
Level Three Communications (NASDAQ:LVLT) -150
Southeby's (NYSE:BID) -87
Sacremento County, CA considers up to 1,000 job cuts due to $187.5 million deficit Bethel, WA School District -200
Hesperia, CA School District -27
Byron Center, MI Public Schools -55
Pilgrim's Pride, Inc. -1300
Comstock Park, MI Board of Education -45
Trenton, NJ School District -400
Coldwater Community Schools -25
New Hampshire Ball Bearing Astro Division - 15
Nokia - 450

TOTAL - 9,680 - not including -

GM Dealership closures could lead to more than 137,000 lost jobs
news.yahoo.com...

It's a mad mad world....

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Well let see what happen today, the first American casualty of the swain flu claim a 23 month old baby.

And the swain flu now has spread to the Middle east (the hate the name swain flu) and Asia.

GDP Down 6.1%, Reflecting Continuing Economic Woes

The U.S. economy contracted at a steeper-than-expected pace in the first quarter, weighed down by sharp declines in exports and business inventories, according government data on Wednesday that showed the economy was still deep in recession.

Gross domestic product, which measures total goods and services output within U.S. borders, dropped at a 6.1 percent annual rate, the Commerce Department said, after shrinking 6.3 percent in the fourth quarter.

No, good.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well let see what happen today, the first American casualty of the swain flu claim a 23 month old baby. And the swain flu now has spread to the Middle east (the hate the name swain flu) and Asia.

Compared to 36.000 deaths annually from ordinary flu, this is clearly a god given manipulation to avert people's attention elsewhere from real problems.

www.cnn.com...

Problems like the one you quoted.

The two-quarter contraction is the worst in more than 60 years.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Yep, but that is OK, see the cheerleaders are in full gear with news like this one,

Consumer confidence gets a boost

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

The hell with the GDP figures, China is getting an economic boost with Americas spending, or that is what we are told to believe, because when it comes to spending figures doesn't tell who are the beneficiaries of the American spending, but we all know, right?.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by DangerDeath

Yep, but that is OK, see the cheerleaders are in full gear with news like this one,

Consumer confidence gets a boost

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

The hell with the GDP figures, China is getting an economic boost with Americas spending, or that is what we are told to believe, because when it comes to spending the figures doesn't who are the beneficiaries of the American spending, but we all know, right?.

I also smell a stinking carp here. To me it looks like everything is done to set up China to follow in tracks of America, blowing it to a huge bubble of "successful" economy. And what a bang would that be when it explodes!

But we shall yet see what will happen next...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well I know one thing...

Spinkyboo's layoffs are just the tip of the iceberg...

My inbox has been stuffed with layoffs since I delayed my layoff thread...

Just google layoffs/layoff/lay offs/lay off...

AP: Wichita's Cessna Aircraft laying off 2,300 more workers, closing Ore. plant as it restructures.13 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Edit: Great...like we haven't taken our children future with 20 Yr notes, now their talking about 50 Yr notes...there goes the grandchildren...

[edit on 4/29/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Stock-up people,the hysterical situation with the new swine flu may cause some big airlines ,already strained from the economy ,to go belly-up!,there is no glossing over this anymore,the manipulating PTB will/have finally lost controll.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by all2human]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I woke up this morning to see that the less than stellar GDP report was causing a rally on the street. I couldn't for the life of me think why this report was cause for raising your hand in the air like you just don't care.

Then I see today's ticker report from Market Ticker Forums, and understand. The other "indicators" were somehow much better than expected, yet the math indicators which govern those "indicators" show that "someone" is busy skipping the wash cycle and going directly to the spin.

But if you are of sound mind and thoughtful disposition, you can't help but curse at the stupidity being played out on a daily basis in the market.

If you read the news, and see what is happening in the world, you are cutting way back on extravagant purchases, like a new pair of Nike's every month.

So, just how did consumer consumption in the first quarter increase by 2.2% from a decrease of 4.3% in the fourth quarter, when the tax revenue collected was down by double digits?

Well, one thing is for sure, the days of wine and roses are about to end, and those rose colored glasses made in China aren't made to last more than a few months.

Market Ticker Forums - GDP? WHAT GDP?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

You are so right, is nothing but spin all around the markets, I remember when the GDP figures where such a grand thing that everybody will lose their sleep in the markets until the numbers where released for the respective quarters.

Now GDP has been reduced to nothing but just more crap out there, how come it went from been the biggest indicator of the US economy that even Presidents will have then in their speeches to now nothing more than a nuisance.

I don't get it.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Treasurys stay up after GDP worse than forecast
marketwatch

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) - Treasury prices remained higher Wednesday, pushing short-term yields down, after the Commerce Department said the economy shrunk by 6.1% in the first quarter, much more than economists expected. Two-year note yields declined 8 basis points to 0.93%. The calendar is full, with the Treasury Department expected to announce it will auction around $72 billion in debt next week, and possibly announce more issuance of longer-dated debt. Later, the government is selling $26 billion in 7-year notes, and the Federal Reserve Open Market Committee meeting ends. Analysts will be watching for comments on the economic outlook and whether it will change its current program of buying Treasurys and mortgage-related debt to keep a lid on borrowing costs.

Manufacturing profits plunge with no rebound in sight
www.reuters.com...

Head of U.S. bank rescue program prepares to exit
www.reuters.com...

UPDATE 1-Terra Firma forecasts lower pay, firms going bust
www.reuters.com...

RPT-Cerberus' BAWAG bank has 2008 loss, gets state aid
www.reuters.com...

[edit on 4/29/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Obviously, Wall Street is celebrating the sinking of Titanic.

I see no other explanation. The intent is very clearly expressed in the behavior of the market.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This market will sell off towards the end of the day. Unreasonable rallies usually sell off towards the end of the day because of hordes of day traders closing their positions. The only reason why the dow is +160 is because of an equity bubble and making it more apparant are the day traders.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hold on to your hats folks: Endgame has its fulfillment -

Swine Flu Martial Law Bill

Can anyone say 'Crash sighted?'

(This is no joke.)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

(This is no joke.)
The crash was already coming this is an excuse to get people off blaming the governmental people who handed out all the money. Someone has to stay in control through this after all.

I left you a note in that thread but will put it here too.
This is already a pandemic and we haven't even begun to see the fall out yet. There is going to be a lot more deaths and that baby isn't the first one either. This thing has had upwards of 30 days in our country already.It does have human to human transmission and has had it all along. The people outside the gov are trying to get the cdc to release the seed stock to make a vaccine.
The dhs email thread is close to the same email my friend got (last week)..a few more things to keep in mind.(told to me)

The hand sanitizer must have isopropyl alcohol in it or it doesn't work.

Stop eating large amounts of processed foods and caffine.(Especially coffee it has 2 acid compounds in it that irritate the digestive tract.)

When you do cook cook it well! Doesn't matter what it is get it well done. Don't eat out because you don't know who back in that kitchen is sick. Use fresh herbs when you cook put them in the last five minutes so that they retain their compounds. ( getting the list of the best one's)

Drink lots of water and take vitamins!!!! (this may sound sick to the guys but the prenatals are the best ones. They have all the vitamins you need and folic acid, iron added in.)

practice hygenine like your life depends on it! But don't only wash your hands wash your FACE to! If you go into town try and stay two arms lengths away from people and farther from anyone with red eyes congestion cough etc. When you get home try and change in the garage etc. and get cleaned off asap. When done with shower lysol that baby like mad or use bleach.(even better) Wash the clothes in super hot water and dry extra long.

I am trying to figure out how to shrink the list of herbs because he put a explanation of each one with it. It is better to get food based antivirals because they are something your body is already accustomed to. ie food.

am off to work the list xoxo stacie

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

(This is no joke.)

We have time to move on this. Let's do it.

www.house.gov...

[edit on 29-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Well I know one thing...

Spinkyboo's layoffs are just the tip of the iceberg...

My inbox has been stuffed with layoffs since I delayed my layoff thread...

Just google layoffs/layoff/lay offs/lay off...

That's for sure -
I also see many layoff articles that are not listed.
and - can you imagine if this is the "tip of the iceberg"?
It must be outrageous. We expected this though didn't we?
And the audacity of them saying we were showing signs of recovery.
I would be interested to know what the real numbers are -
as I would be interested in the real numbers of another frightening
worldwide issue that we are in the middle of...
the one Miss Piggy is likely taking offense to.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Gee whiz...

Treas and dollar getting clobbered today...

But...it's all good...DJIA up over 235... wheee...

Jerks...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Will China step in to buy our debt at the auction block this time? all eyes should be on this one.

Also the fed are between the war and the sword as inflation can not be avoided any longer.

In a weak economy in which DGP is already in his third quarter lost with high unemployment rates is going to be something very ugly.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Now you savvy markets people, can you explain to me who in the right mind will buy Non-Guaranteed Notes now a days

Goldman Sells $2 Billion in Non-Guaranteed Notes

The notes, which are due May 1, 2014, were priced to yield about 410 basis points more than comparable U.S. Treasuries.

A "non-guaranteed" note refers to a bond on which the interest and principal are not guaranteed to be paid by a third party if the issuer were to go into default.

www.cnbc.com...

top topics

<< 278  279  280    282  283  284 >>

join