It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 280
<< 277  278  279    281  282  283 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

I think I saw that...prostrate cancer drug? Almost had an urge to buy a bit of it yesterday,LOL!
Now why would it crash so hard?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Denderon:
Company says that Prostate drug is effective (trades are still halted)
www.cnbc.com...

There are some rumors that are saying the NASDAQ will be investigating trades in DNDN.

Furthermore there is a poster on yahoo message boards that predicted that there would be a bear raid and that the stock will be cut in half?!

messages.finance.yahoo.com...(A_to_Z)/Stocks_D/threadview?m=tm&bn=5342&tid=708274&mid=708274&tof=5&frt=2

Why would the stock price decrease by almost 50% before a company was about to announce good news?

Some reason the link isn't working, here is the thread:

HIGH PROBABILITY MASSIVE BEAR RAID 12 30 pm central today 28-Apr-09 11:22 am DNDN could easily drop 50 % on a massive bear raid its coming.. today @ 12 30 pm central Sentiment : Strong Sell Rating : (34 Ratings) Rate it: awful/not related to \pooraveragegoodexcellent monthaphumc... View Messages Ignore User Report Abuse

[edit on 28-4-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Interesting...as I said,I read about it yesterday and thought about buying some shares but got dirverted by the flu,LOL...not funny,I know.

If it's effective,then what the hell???Run that stock up and get people healthy! Insider-stuff from what you just posted.

Who the hell knows,I tell ya'!!!

www.bloomberg.com...

Hey...do y'all know any "confident consumers" out there???

I am living in BIZARRO WORLD,I am convinced.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This DNDN is pretty sickening. A lot of people had stop losses that were not filled despite the large drop (because trading was halted then). Also the NASDAQ is not reversing the trade that happened in the 2 minutes that the stock plummeted so people have now lost thousands when they had stop losses in the 20's and now it is 11

Hopefully it was just a bear raid or something and the stock will go back up when trading resumes. I knew the markets were crooked but not so blatantly.

EDIT: Here is the link to the NASDAQ investigation:

nasdaqtrader.com...

[edit on 28-4-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

That stinks,you are right and "not the way" the game is supposed to be played...someone "leaked" the news about the drug and it was obviously jumped on in maybe too large numbers?
It was just a little blurb yesterday that I read that it "had proved to be effective)
I had trouble trading on ROCHE for 2 days either...things are rotten,I'm telling you.
Someone is no doubt,making a chit-load of cash somewhere.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic

That stinks,you are right and "not the way" the game is supposed to be played...someone "leaked" the news about the drug and it was obviously jumped on in maybe too large numbers?
It was just a little blurb yesterday that I read that it "had proved to be effective)
I had trouble trading on ROCHE for 2 days either...things are rotten,I'm telling you.
Someone is no doubt,making a chit-load of cash somewhere.

My first guess is a bear raid because of the good news coming out (so they can get them cheap). I am not sure how exactly they do this. But I have seen it done many times with Bank of America. They push through stop losses giving the down trend more steam. It is pretty criminal if you ask me.

www.cnbc.com...
"I feel sorry for whoever sold it right before the news came out," Latta said. "The stock is likely to regain what it lost and then some."

Wonder if I can buy in with the other buying frenzy and make like 5%

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
DNDN After hours quote...+130% at 28 dollars/share.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Laughing with you...the entire world's gone mad,I tell you!

I wouldn't even veture to guess what the rest of the week has in store,I've read about how "high" consumer confidence is right now in several articles today yet will we be even be confident enough to venture out the front door come Friday???

You have to keep a sense of humor,I'm tellin' y'all!

[edit on 28-4-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Recovery is on it's way...

World stock markets fell sharply Tuesday as investors worried that any swine flu pandemic could derail a global economic recovery. Stocks of airlines, hotels and other travel-related companies already posted sharp losses Monday.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Bank of America $70 Billion Short of Capital After Stress Test
globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com...

Bank of America Corp. needs $60 billion to $70 billion of capital, according to Freidman, Billings, Ramsey Group Inc. analyst Paul Miller, who cited stress tests performed by his firm.

Bank of America should consider converting its preferred shares to common stock, including $27 billion of privately held preferred “as soon as possible,” Miller wrote in a note to clients dated today. Miller said his firm’s versions of the stress tests were “somewhat tougher” than those by U.S. regulators.
More at Link...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Have you looked at their stock recently? (FBR) at 28 cents/share from a 52-week high of 2.81/share. Not knocking the analysis just for that reason, but the company must have not made so many bright decisions.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Ok - - your "does this mask make me look fat" signature -
just set me laughing like a child - Thanks I SO needed that!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Duh...what a bunch of twits...

AIG: Doomed to fail?
money.cnn.com...

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Once a titan in the insurance world, AIG is a shadow of its former self, and experts say the company is likely doomed for failure.

That's partly because AIG (AIG, Fortune 500) is slowly getting rid of its strong, moneymaking businesses as it attempts to pay back the roughly $130 billion it has borrowed on its $182 billion government bailout.

The company had to give up more than it had anticipated to pay back taxpayers because of the horrid credit environment, and analysts believe AIG may be giving up too much for it to survive on its own. Not that there was much choice.
More at Link...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Thread started on that right here ATS Thread on AIG failure.

Also to add to the market discussion. With the futures up does that mean a VERY down day tomorrow? I think it might! Guess we will know at 3pm Central time.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
More depression talk...uh yep...

Stress Tests Echo ’30s Rescue Says Ahamed of ‘Lords of Finance’
www.bloomberg.com...

April 29 (Bloomberg) -- Liaquat Ahamed, a hedge-fund adviser and historian, looks back to the Great Depression and draws a conclusion about today’s U.S. bank stress tests.

A new round of bailouts is coming, he says, and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner can’t ask taxpayers to foot the whole bill. Debt holders will have to pay something.

“They have to bite the bullet and ask for more money from Congress and agree that some of the debt holders -- for the sake of fairness -- will have to take a hit,” says Ahamed, an adviser to investment manager Rock Creek Group.
More at Link...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Did anyone catch fast money today? Fox-Pitt UPGRADED financial stocks. The same Fox-Pitt who said that Lehman Brothers shareholders will get around 10 to 15 dollars a share:

www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Welcome Darlin'! I tend to get goofier than usual when I am feeling a bit stressed.

Chit: If I HAVE to wear a mask,it damn well better be a hot one...I work way too hard at holding myself together with bubble gum and bailin' wire to have to wear a paper-cup on my face,LOLROF!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It's official...

The world has lost it's collective mind...

A pandemic is sweeping across the globe...

Volcano's firing up worldwide...

Yellowstone is rumbling again...

Antarctic ice shelf is breaking up...

2 wars going on with possibility's for a few more...

Asian markets are all up...US futures all all up...

Scotty...beam me...up...now damn you...and don't give me any malfunction carp either!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hang on...let me get my other shoes...I'm going WITH you and at this point,I don't even care if the molecular-thingy is prone to malfunction!!!

You are absolutely right: makes NO sense to sane people so maybe it's time to just start doing all those things Mama told you would fry your brain???

I'm all in.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Capitol...capitol...who's got the capitol??? The Capitol! nyuk nyuk nyuk *bonk*

E*Trade pressured to raise capital; reports loss
www.reuters.com...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - E*Trade Financial Corp, (ETFC.O) a U.S. retail brokerage, said it is facing regulatory pressure to boost capital as it posted its seventh straight quarterly loss, and its shares fell 25 percent in after-hours trade.

The online brokerage, which has suffered significant credit losses in its mortgage lending business, said the Office of Thrift Supervision told the company to "quickly" raise new capital for its bank and reduce the leverage of its holding company.

The company said it may raise capital from public markets, private investors, or both, which would end up creating "significant dilution" for shareholders. Any dilution would be a negative for hedge fund Citadel, its largest debt and equity holder.
More at Link...

[edit on 4/28/2009 by Hx3_1963]

new topics

top topics

<< 277  278  279    281  282  283 >>

join