It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 276
<< 273  274  275    277  278  279 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
MEXICO BOLSA INDEX 21,763.91 -818.26 -3.62% 10:02
MEXICO INMEX INDEX 1,164.03 -42.07 -3.49% 10:02
MEXICO IMC30 INDEX 262.49 -9.17 -3.38% 10:02
MSE TOTAL RETURN INDEX 24,917.99 -874.34 -3.39% 10:02

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Mexico has been killed by the news of the pandemic, here in the US is most be doing great as we are now in the green.

I guess we have more to benefit from a pandemic that poor Mexico.

What happen to the bank stress test???????

Oops we must have forgotten after the swain flu dangers.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Big winners today may be the medical insurance companies.

Humana is doing peachy

Health insurer Humana said Monday its first-quarter profit more than doubled as its government business surged from higher membership in its Medicare Advantage plans and lower claims expenses from its stand-alone Medicare prescription drug plans.

The company also raised its full-year earnings outlook to between $6.10 and $6.20 per share, up from $5.90 to $6.10 per share.

www.cnbc.com...

Now BofA is caught on another lie, but hey they are our vice president Bidne protegee.

Bank of America made inaccurate statements about its role in the bonuses and losses at Merrill Lynch, former Merrill Lynch Chief Executive John Thain told the Wall Street Journal in an interview.

"The suggestion Bank of America was not heavily involved in this process, and that I alone made these decisions, is simply not true," John Thain told the paper.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
# World Health Organization to increase pandemic alert today.less than a minute ago from web

WHO Said to Raise Flu Alert to Unprecedented Level (Update1)
www.bloomberg.com...

April 27 (Bloomberg) -- The World Health Organization plans to raise its pandemic alert to an unprecedented level today, saying that swine flu is spreading across North America, two people familiar with the agency said.

An increase above level 3 on the WHO’s six-step alert system would be the first since the United Nations agency began grading pandemic risks in 1999. The agency’s guidelines say the goal of a level 4 alert is “containment of the new virus within a limited area or delay of its spread,” suggesting the change will trigger travel warnings. Level 5 would be “a strong signal that a pandemic is imminent.”

The WHO may advise governments to screen people coming in and out of Mexico and other affected areas, limit travel, distribute antiviral medicines from global stockpiles and start the process of producing a pandemic vaccine, according to the guidelines revised last month. The people familiar with the WHO declined to be named because the deliberations are confidential. Gregory Hartl, a spokesman for the WHO, declined to comment.
More at Link...

# Reuters: Hillary Clinton says U.S. taking issue of swine flu "very seriously".less than 10 seconds ago from BNO Headquarters

# France: Four suspected swine influenza cases reported in Nantes, Pau, Lyon, and Poitiers. All recently traveled to US or Mexico.2 minutes ago from web

# Mexico: Japanese citizens in Mexico reported to have begun leaving the country.5 minutes ago from web

# Australia: Four suspected swine influenza cases in Sydney; five total in New South Wales. All under quarantine.6 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Anyone notice that melissa chic on CNBS is off today???

She was sounding pretty rough friday...wonder if she's got the Pflu???

MEXICO BOLSA INDEX 21,800.85 -781.32 -3.46% 11:47
MEXICO INMEX INDEX 1,163.93 -42.17 -3.50% 11:47
MEXICO IMC30 INDEX 261.03 -10.63 -3.91% 11:48
MSE TOTAL RETURN INDEX 24,970.86 -821.47 -3.18% 11:48

Novavax, Inc. 2.89 11:57AM ET Up 1.47 (103.52%)
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 3.67 11:57AM ET Up 1.46 (66.06%)
Tongxin International Ltd. 7.95 11:21AM ET Up 3.47 (77.45%)

Hospitals 327.80 11.64 3.68% 12:04

[edit on 4/27/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Volume is sickly today. I think most people are staying on the sidelines until the flu thing has more direction. BAC's volume for example is around 160mil. It would be triple that at around this time.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well the CDC to hold conference soon today, everybody will be listening to them, already I posted that the two possible treatment for the swain flu is nothing more than Tamiflu and its closes equivalent.

So people the danger level may probably be raised.

Does anybody remember that we are in an economic crisis, hell no we are in a pandemic crisis.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yep...and that pandemic crisis is going to open a lot more doors as well as shuting down a few existing ones as I see it.
I am hoping like hell this settles down but it could be something that will alter the course of "what we know."

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
US military called in to fight swine flu
www.presstv.ir...

RSOE pandemic page
www.idemc.org...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Pork Bellys............wayyyyyyyyyy down..........

Earthquake Details
Magnitude 5.8 (Preliminary magnitude — subject to revision)
Date-Time

* Monday, April 27, 2009 at 16:46:39 UTC
* Monday, April 27, 2009 at 11:46:39 AM at epicenter

Location 17.820°N, 99.370°W
Depth 83 km (51.6 miles) set by location program
Region GUERRERO, MEXICO
Distances

* 23 km (14 miles) NE (36°) from Zumpango, Guerrero, Mexico
* 27 km (17 miles) NNE (13°) from Tixtla, Guerrero, Mexico
* 32 km (20 miles) NW (319°) from Chilapa, Guerrero, Mexico
* 33 km (20 miles) NNE (25°) from Chilpancingo, Guerrero, Mexico
* 123 km (76 miles) NNE (28°) from Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico

Poor Mexico City

# BULLETIN -- USGS UPGRADES EARTHQUAKE MAGNITUDE IN MEXICO TO 6.0.1 minute ago from BNO Headquarters

# URGENT -- People have been evacuated from buildings in Mexico City after a major 6.0 magnitude earthquake struck 100 miles away.half a minute ago from BNO Headquarters

[edit on 4/27/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Well what can I say poor Mexico is been hit hard, sometimes disasters comes in threes.

That is very sad that on top of their pandemic they have to deal with a disaster.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

I am very worry, my daughter has been planning this trip to Washington state since the beginning of the year for May, she doesn't care about the swain flu as long as she gets to take her trip.

As usual I am worry, I will hate for her to get sick while on her vacation and not been able to return home.

This is very frustrating.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic

Yep...and that pandemic crisis is going to open a lot more doors as well as shuting down a few existing ones as I see it.
I am hoping like hell this settles down but it could be something that will alter the course of "what we know."

Irishchic, since it seems pretty clear that the end is near, can we convince you to post those other pics of you? You know, the ones you promised when the market reached 1600 again? I don't think any of us will be around to see that but pics of you will allow us to go out smiling

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well CDC released the states that has been affected by the swain fllu in the US so far already the first school closing has started in NY.

I believe that Ohio, California, NY, Kansas and texas are in the list, I may be mistaken as I just heard this in the news.

I just got the states right.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I am very worry, my daughter has been planning this trip to Washington state since the beginning of the year for May, she doesn't care about the swain flu as long as she gets to take her trip.

As usual I am worry, I will hate for her to get sick while on her vacation and not been able to return home.

This is very frustrating.

Marg - I understand. My son is away attending college in Queens, NY. In fact, I first learned of the FLU outbreak at the school in Queens via a series of text messages from him at 1:30 am Saturday morning. He sent the messages at a time that he knew i would be sleeping but wanted me to hear it from him first since he knew it would be all over the news Saturday morning.

Scary stuff.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

You are adorable and made me smile on a sad day...I won't make any promises but if I feel things "slipping away",I will indeed try to put a smile on your face as well if for no other reason than I can.

Not feeling I'm "doomed" as of yet...dusting off my Laura Croft Tomb Raider ensemble though...damn I do love black leather pants and boots,might have some virus-killin' to do!

I absolutely hope your children will be and stay WELL!!!

[edit on 27-4-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Oh, my, I hope everything is fine with your son, just in the news, 17 students has been taken for testing in the school they just closed in Queens.

Now they will be updating the travel for the US, my daughter was to buy her tickets today, but I have been persuading her to wait for the CDC update before she does.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Tough position for a parent...I'm sure that she will "understand" if she has to postpone a bit although I know it won't be pleasant for you,LOL!

I'm supposed to fly to NY next week...sort of sitting and waiting as well to see what they say in the next couple of days.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Oh, my, I hope everything is fine with your son, just in the news, 17 students has been taken for testing in the school they just closed in Queens.

The school they closed was the one where they had the first 20 cases of the flu. The first 20 were students and now there is a report that family members of those students are showing symptoms. This means almost assuredly that the virus is being transmitted from human to human.

I told my son to let me know if he even feels a cold coming on because I will head down there.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

You know how children are, and she is a young adult at 25 she will make her own mind no matter how much I beg.

Right now Mexico has closed all schools nation wide.

Our markets has just gone in the negative due to recent news and if our nation declare a pandemic things may get worst.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I don't blame you, when my daughter was in for college every time she call crying or complaining my husband and I will rush to her side not matter if it was day or night.

new topics

top topics

<< 273  274  275    277  278  279 >>

join