It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Detroit, Mich.(NYSE: GM) - General Motors President and CEO Fritz Henderson will host a press conference on Monday, April 27, to update the media on GM's revised viability plan.
The press conference will run from 9 to 10 a.m. EDT in the Renaissance Conference Center located in Tower 300, Level 2, of the Renaissance Center in downtown Detroit.
More at Links...
Japan Cuts Economic Forecast to 3.3% Decline, Worst Contraction on Record
April 27 (Bloomberg) -- Japan’s government said the economy will shrink a record 3.3 percent this fiscal year as exports and corporate spending tumble at an unprecedented pace.
The Cabinet Office cut the forecast for the year started April 1 from a January prediction for zero growth. Finance Minister Kaoru Yosano told parliament that the economy remains in a “crisis” as the slump in exports and industrial output take a toll on employment and companies struggle to raise funds.
The world’s second-largest economy would contract as much as 5.2 percent without Prime Minister Taro Aso’s 15.4 trillion yen ($159 billion) stimulus plan, funding of which was approved by the Cabinet today, the government said.
Estimates of economic costs of a flu pandemic
* The World Bank estimated in 2008 that a flu pandemic could cost $3 trillion (£2 trillion) and result in a nearly 5pc drop in world gross domestic product. The World Bank has estimated that more than 70m people could die worldwide in a severe pandemic.
Originally posted by Vitchilo
Pandemic = no mass protests against government's BS like tea parties, anti-war protests, anti-deficit protests, anti-big government protests.
More at Link...
GM to cut jobs, eliminate Pontiac brand
DETROIT (Reuters) - General Motors Corp on Monday made the following announcements:
* Files bond exchange offer with the US SEC
* Offers to issue 225 shares of common stock for each $1,000 principal of notes
and to pay cash for accrued interest
* Says advantages to restructuring outside of court, expects to file for
bankruptcy if it does not receive enough tenders under the offer
* Says will focus on 4 core brands, eliminate Pontiac brand
* Says new plan cuts break-even level in US industry sales to 10 million units
from 15 million units previously
* Says now plans to cut to 3,600 US dealers by 2010
Originally posted by marg6043
Still if the government starts making mandatory for people or even children to get flu vaccines I will let you know before hand and this no conspiracy, that up to day is not vaccine or viral medicines that can kill this virus and probably it will not be any in the near future as this virus is a mutation of about so far two or three different strains.
Originally posted by Hx3_1963
A good enough "start" fer ya???
[edit on 4/27/2009 by Hx3_1963]