It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 261
<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by spinkyboo

Well great...

No Layoff Daily means I'm the only one left?

I think the Gubament shut it down...was making them look bad...

I almost took a day off...once...

I'm going to try to find another source.
I don't go away that easily.
We must have our daily dose of LAYOFF figures!
I don't believe you have ever taken a day off.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Yep...Uh Huh...

IMF says UK facing bailout bill of £200bn
www.telegraph.co.uk...

The UK faces a bill of almost £200 billion for propping up its ailing banking system, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has said.

Its latest Global Financial Stability Report estimated the cost of support measures would run to 13.4 per cent of the UK's entire economic output of £1.46 trillion in 2008.

Only Ireland would pay more as a percentage of its output to rescue its banks, the IMF added.
More at Link...

Treasury weighs new mortgage subsidies: sources
www.reuters.com...

Hmmm...

The Coming Depression
thecomingdepression.blogspot.com...

[edit on 4/21/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by Melissa101

I guess im not sure if you are implying that the intraday chart on the NASDAQ is reflecting that because of what you have said in the previous post..

But if you are talking future of the economy..? Markets "crash" and recover... take a look at the all time DJIA... plenty of action..

For the near term I am waiting for this consolidation to meet up with the 20 DAY EMA then we spike to the 200 EMA around 9000. Its all setting up.

This might be the best free advice (if i gave advice) you will ever see.

Take a look at what happened at the close of yesterday and today...

You would think after being correct about this trending market 100% of the time only, you all would stop bucking this bear trend... that is far over IMHO...

IMHO we are looking at 9000 soon, if the MA crosses under the EMA we are SOLID... if not.. well back to 7800 then higher..

Dont let the bears steal everything from you!!

[edit on 16-4-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

That's generous of you, spinkyboo! If all else fails, we could all do our best to chip in a little bit, and then add up the total at the end of the day, maybe?

Just searching Google News might turn up a lot of layoffs, but it would be ideal if we could get in touch with the editor.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Sorry should have been more specific..

What I am specifically looking at is this..

Lets look at the S&P - and how easily bears stole your money yesterday...

We have broken first the *20 EMA DAILY* Then the *50 EMA DAILY* surged over that.. That selloff yesterday DID NOT TOUCH THE 20 EMA (Look at sandp daily chart with 20,50,200 EMA) and that was the tipping point.. I have gone over about 50 years of charting with this and just gave you all some real insight in what really matters in the market no one will tell you on TV b/c their words are making money if their pockets by scaring you....

no one gives a **** about anything else sorry to say.. or at least the people that make this market..

it should have been too obvious when media was going sour.. then all the sudden.. oh yeah rally time again... NEVER GET YOUR INFO FROM KAREN FINNERMAN/FAST MONEY FOOLS/

The only guy I seriously trust is Haines on CNBC.. seems too legit.. calls it like he sees it

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

If nothing else, try this as a start, for a new source...

news.google.com...

Housing's Newest Threat: More People Are Losing Their Jobs
CNBC

The Illusions of the celebrated RECOVERY-A Depression is Coming
thecomingdepression.blogspot.com...

~

• Factory orders have fallen so rapidly that US manufacturers are using less than 68 percent of capacity, the lowest level since records began in 1948.
• March saw 35 corporations default on bond payments, the largest monthly total since the Great Depression, according to Moody’s. The default rate has shot up from 1.5 percent a year ago to 7 percent, and will reach 14.6 percent by the fourth quarter, the rating service said.
• Bloomberg News forecasted that corporate profits for the first quarter will fall 37 percent, the seventh consecutive quarterly decline, the worst since the 1930s.
More at Link...

[edit on 4/21/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

Originally posted by stander

Originally posted by marg6043
Your are just kidding right?

To tell you the honest truth, it maybe a rumour. I didn't see the secret memo from Warren Buffet to the investors that subscribe to him. It allegedly mentions spinkyboo's list to go by.

Look, the Dow lost 290 points yesterday. Then, spinkyboo cuts his list short and the sell off doesn't continue. That's strange, ain't it?

Tell you what. I'll take a look at the latest spinkyboo's list and let you know ahead what the market will do tomorrow. If the market finishes elsewhere, then the Warren Buffet memo was just a rumour with no substance to it.

Ah - yea - he's kidding -
My lists are nothing but what is listed on LAYOFF DAILY -
which I am not listing at all today - because the editor is damn tired -
and wants to take a break -

Message 1 - LayoffDaily.com Editor is Burned-Out -1
Layoff Daily Owner is laying himself off.
Site has a new owner details coming soon.
signing out,
Cranky
[email protected]

Message 2 - Layoff Daily Canceling RSS-iPhone Feed
Editor is stopping iphone feed within the next few days.
Why? Site is too much work for too little money.

No list - I guess that means the market will rally big tomorrow?

To be continued -
Sorry no conspiracy here...
Well - at least as far as I know....

Ah and I will continue to be searching for recent layoff information -
anywhere I can find it.

The editor is not tired. He was ordered by the government to stop publishing, coz Warren Buffett pointed in his secret memo that the figures are the most reliable index of economy performance. Think about it spinky: How come that right after I break the news about the traders turning to the lay off figures to guide their decision, the editor is suddenly tired and stops publishing?

But as it turned out, your summary and the interpretation of the figures played the crucial part. That was the most shocking fact the government has ever come accross: "Who the hell is spinkyboo? What's going on???!!!

Just get some darn figures and keep commenting on the unemployment. If you do, then you are effectively controlling the market. I tell you, if the media get a hand on this . . . someone would have to take it from here, coz I can hardly imagine what would transpire.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Hmmm...nice...

That was my thought as well...the Gubament laid them off

Well, for now, I'll try to take the reins and publish a thread on layoffs...

For now it won't be quite the enterprise they constructed, but, I'll try...

ATS "Up to the Minute Layoffs"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4/22/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by stander

Hmmm...nice...

That was my thought as well...the Gubament laid them off

Well, for now, I'll try to take the reins and publish a thread on layoffs...

For now it won't be quite the enterprise they constructed, but, I'll try...

Details to follow...

Wait, wait . . . guys let's think this over. If there some confronting interpretation going on here, we may all wind up in a soup line pointing fingers around on who started Great Depression II.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

But as it turned out, your summary and the interpretation of the figures played the crucial part. That was the most shocking fact the government has ever come accross: "Who the hell is spinkyboo? What's going on???!!!

Just get some darn figures and keep commenting on the unemployment. If you do, then you are effectively controlling the market. I tell you, if the media get a hand on this . . . someone would have to take it from here, coz I can hardly imagine what would transpire.

Whoa - is that true?
That's too wild.
Hx has just started a thread - they should love this...
Let the games continue and btw -
LAYOFF DAILY is back.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

Whoa - is that true?
That's too wild.
Hx has just started a thread - they should love this...
Let the games continue and btw -
LAYOFF DAILY is back.

That's because someone warned the government that disorderly trading sessions could be the consequence of losing a reliable index to go by, which in turn would make the road to the long awaited economic recovery much steeper.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

LAYOFF DAILY -
Wed 4-22-2009

A few to start off the day -

Mass. Bay Transportation Authority -75
Goodyear -27
OshKosh B'Gosh -90
Fire Truck Plant Closes
Independence Blue Cross -100
Latrobe Specialty Steel -165
Yahoo -675

and in other countries -

Laid Off French Workers Trash Building
uk.reuters.com...
* Closure due to downturn in auto industry
* 1,120 jobs set to go
PARIS, April 21
(Reuters) - Workers from a tyre factory in France trashed two buildings on Tuesday after learning that an attempt to block the planned closure of their plant in court had failed. German car parts maker Continental, which operates the plant at Clairoix in northern France, announced on March 11 it would close the site as well as a German plant at Hanover because of a severe auto industry crisis.

Wal-Mart China -10,000?
chinaworker.info...
Wal-Mart threatens 10,000 job cuts in China
Wed, 22 Apr 2009. 200 white collar staff protest against layoffs outside the company’s headquarters in Shenzhen chinaworker.info

[edit on 22-4-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Nice huh??? Figuring out how to spend even more...while collecting less...

Soaring U.S. Deficit Means Billions in Bond Sales as Tax Receipts Collapse
www.bloomberg.com...

April 22 (Bloomberg) -- Millions of lost jobs mean billions in lost tax revenue for the U.S. government, and billions in additional Treasury debt to fund a federal budget deficit that may soar to more than four times last year’s record $454.7 billion.

Employers cut 3.7 million positions from their payrolls in the six months since the fiscal year began Oct. 1, and the unemployment rate reached a 25-year high of 8.5 percent in March. That suggests receipts for April -- the biggest month for tax collection -- are likely to come in well below April 2008, analysts said.

With spending on unemployment insurance and other safety- net programs rising, the deficit is already at a record $956.8 billion six months into the fiscal year. To help close that gap, the Treasury Department has more than quadrupled borrowing, pushing the government deeper into debt.
More at Links...

Banks May Get Mix of Treasury Conversions, Private Capital After U.S. Test
www.bloomberg.com...

April 22 (Bloomberg) -- Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner indicated that stress tests will show most of the 19 biggest U.S. banks have enough capital and said those requiring further funds may get a mix of converted government preference shares and private money.

The Treasury chief, testifying at a congressional oversight panel yesterday, said each bank needing aid after the tests gauging their health would work with supervisors on the options, including tapping the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program. Geithner also repeatedly stated that regulators -- not the Treasury -- are taking the lead on the exams.

The remarks helped ease investors’ concerns about the results of the reviews, including the risk of political interference and the prospect for widespread stock dilutions among the 19 banks under scrutiny. Financial shares jumped, sending benchmark indexes up the most in almost two weeks.

S&P 500 -6.40 841.30 4/22 2:26am
Fair Value 846.66 4/21 10:30pm
Difference* -5.36

NASDAQ -5.50 1322.50 4/22 2:04am
Fair Value 1327.56 4/21 10:30pm
Difference* -5.06

Dow Jones -42.00 7881.00 4/22 1:24am
===
Shanghai Composite 2,452.20 2:23AM ET Down 83.63 (3.30%)
Straits Times 1,853.00 2:24AM ET Down 34.25 (1.81%)
Seoul Composite 1,356.02 2:02AM ET Up 19.21 (1.44%)
===

Nation's Regional Economies Getting Worse, Finance Ministry Report Says
www.bloomberg.com...

~

“Regional economies are deteriorating and it’s getting worse,” the ministry’s local-office chiefs said in a quarterly report in Tokyo today. The assessment capped off the longest series of downgrades since comparable data were made available in 1997.

Japan is heading for its worst postwar recession as a slump in overseas demand spreads to domestic businesses and households. The Bank of Japan’s Tankan survey this month showed that confidence at large manufacturers fell to a record low in March, while the unemployment rate surged to a three-year high in February and household spending declined.

The ministry also cut its assessment in 10 of the nation’s 11 regions.
More at Link...

Japan's Biggest Banks May Have to Seek Public Funds, Fitch's Marshall Says
www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
S&P 500 -10.10 838.40 4/22 3:16am
Difference* -8.26

NASDAQ -9.75 1318.25 4/22 3:11am
Difference* -9.31

Dow Jones -80.00 7843.00 4/22 3:16am
===
FTSE 100 3,964.71 3:15AM ET Down 22.75 (0.57%)
CAC 40 2,959.75 3:30AM ET Down 14.19 (0.48%)
DAX 4,475.84 3:15AM ET Down 25.79 (0.57%)
Swiss Market 4,974.08 3:16AM ET Down 102.64 (2.02%)
===
Shanghai Composite 2,461.35 3:00AM ET Down 74.48 (2.94%)
Hang Seng 14,958.18 3:13AM ET Down 327.71 (2.14%)
Nikkei 225 8,727.30 2:00AM ET Up 15.97 (0.18%)
Straits Times 1,838.38 3:11AM ET Down 48.87 (2.59%)

Japan's trade surplus dives 99% in March as exports plunge

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Yeah it doesn't matter that the economy is worsening by the day, Geithner is saying that everything is alright... and the markets rally... People are freaking high.

Foreclosures are up... by ... a lot. (anyone have projected numbers for april?)

Banks are worthless, as always... they cook their books... while they are in the hole for trillions.

There's 10% of the US population on food stamps.

The deficit this year is gonna rise above 2 trillions...

The wars are continuing.

The government is growing in size.

The laws are oppressing more and more.

Patriots are labelled as terrorists.

NATO is doing everything it can to piss off Russia.

Obama is giving 100 billions to the IMF, Canada too will give money... while the IMF is screwing countries... it's basically paying to be slave.

China is buying everything in sight to dump their dollars, they expect to get rid of most of them by september/october, after that, the US is screwed.

Yeah, the situation is real bright.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
It's spreading now...

Can you say, "Where's that damn tent now...?"

Sun Belt states lead Q1 U.S. mortgage foreclosures
www.reuters.com...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Cities in the U.S. Sun Belt states of California, Florida, Nevada and Arizona dominated first-quarter mortgage foreclosure rankings, with other problem areas likely to emerge as unemployment swells, RealtyTrac said on Wednesday.

The 26 metropolitan areas with the highest foreclosure activity rates were in those four U.S. states, where property sales and home prices had soared during the boom years earlier this decade.

Las Vegas, Nevada; Merced, California and Cape Coral-Fort Myers, Florida posted the highest rates of foreclosure in the first three months of this year, RealtyTrac reported on Wednesday.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

TY Hx3, you know how much I wanted this one

Okay folks, here's the scoop, how many times have I said that if you still have money in the banks you are only feeding the beast? How many times have I said - get your money OUT of the banks?

Well here we go, these banks ALL reported 1st Q PROFITS yet... the Obama administration thinks THEY don't have to pay their bills

The Obama administration may let some large, troubled banks suspend interest payments on federal aid, allowing firms to rebuild their capital reserves more quickly and thereby limiting the amount of any additional federal aid that may be needed.

The government initially required aid recipients to issue preferred stock that paid interest of 5 percent a year. It would now allow firms to replace some or all of those government-held shares with common stock that pays no interest. Taxpayers would lose the certainty of a guaranteed return, but could profit if the companies' stock prices increase. The exchanges also would give the government significant ownership stakes in the banks that participate.

Some banks are likely to need additional federal investments. The government plans to announce early next month the results of "stress tests" to determine how much additional capital that banks will need to weather the recession. The conversion of preferred shares to common shares does not directly increase capital because banking regulators already count the government's investments as capital. However, the banks can add the savings from suspended interest payments to their capital, improving their financial position and reducing the amount of any required government contribution.
ad_icon

Citigroup became the first bank to get such a deal last month, when the government agreed to let the company suspend payments on $25 billion in federal aid, saving the New York bank about $1.25 billion a year. Officials said at the time that similar offers could be extended to other banks once the stress tests were complete.

Source

Mods - that's 4 paragraphs, SUE ME

How much more of this crap are we gonna take? Does your backside feel like the Chrysler Building has been inserted in it yet?

STOP FEEDING THIS &*%#&%&^%@$*$@%# BEAST.

If the .gov won't let them fail, we sure can make them fail - just take all your $$ out of them, close your accounts, tell them to Eff Off

And if you are not willing to starve the beast then QUIT WHINING ABOUT IT ALL

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
@ redhatty: You go!!! My Avatar is looking better everyday now...

S&P 500 -9.80 837.90 4/22 3:44am
Difference* -8.76

NASDAQ -11.50 1316.50 4/22 3:42am
Difference* -11.06

Dow Jones -84.00 7839.00 4/22 3:44am
===
FTSE 100 3,982.96 3:47AM ET Down 4.50 (0.11%)
CAC 40 2,976.75 4:02AM ET Up 2.81 (0.09%)
DAX 4,500.60 3:48AM ET Down 1.03 (0.02%)
Swiss Market 5,000.06 3:48AM ET Down 76.66 (1.51%)
ATX 1,805.55 3:48AM ET Down 13.47 (0.74%)
===
Shanghai Composite 2,461.35 3:00AM ET Down 74.48 (2.94%)
Hang Seng 14,838.05 3:49AM ET Down 447.84 (2.93%)
Straits Times 1,838.44 4:04AM ET Down 48.81 (2.59%)
===
Gold $885.80

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
And as if my previous post wasn't enough to set you off, try taking a gander at this

Geithner: "Vast Majority" of US Banks Have More Capital Than Needed

This morning before Congress Treasury Secretary Turbo Tim, the Tax Cheat, said that the stress test results show that the 'vast majority' of US banks have more capital than they need.

Right. Most real banks, who do banking, have sufficient capital and have been well managed.

Its only the five or six largest money center banks that have trillions in bad debt and toxic derivatives that threaten to soak up all the available capital in the real economy.

MORE at link

So, again I say, if these banks are so well capitalized then WHY don't they have to pay their interest payments back to the US for the money WE THE PEOPLE have lent them??

Someone, please explain this

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
marg, are you there . . . somewhere?

Big hoopla: The government suspended the release of the lay off figures (see spinkyboo's post on that), but Buffett intervened and called it an "essential index," and also said something about zoo. Then the editor came back on line, but the figures are disorderly due to the interruption. I had to run a deep regression analysis and the best estimate says that the Dow will move up 32 points tomorrow after the regular selling between 9:30 and roughly 10:45. This doesn't anticipate transient info that could deviate the curve -- not everyone subscribe to Buffett.

~ lamborghini! ~

[edit on 4/22/2009 by stander]

top topics

<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join